PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon vs. Pokemon Poll #4 - Bellossom Vs Vileplume

Miss Doronjo
May 8th, 2011, 05:19 PM
[css-div="padding: 25px; border: 7px double #777; width: 850px; text-align: justify; background-color: #222"]Previous pokemon vs. pokemon poll (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=250442)

Its that time of week again! This time, its about two grass pokemon from the Oddish family:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ec/182.png vs. http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e2/045.png

Similarities:
~Both are evolutions from Gloom
~Both base stats total 480
~ Both have Chlorophyll ability

Differences:
~ Vileplume is a dual Poison / Grass type pokemon
~ Bellossom is strictly a Grass type
~ Vileplume has a effect spore hidden ability
~ Bellossom has a Healer hidden ability

So, which pokemon do you prefer and why?

[Got any ideas for a Pokemon vs. Pokemon weekly poll for Pokemon General? Feel free to contact me, Miss Doronjo, via PM. Any type of comparison is accepted! It'll be chosen randomly by a super special awesome secret science and spooky invention though. (the ideas will be picked from a hat. ^___^)]

[/css-div]

Eucliffe
May 8th, 2011, 05:35 PM
/you should also put under differences that Vileplume has a higher Sp. Atk. stat whereas Bellossom has a higher Sp. Def. stat (which comes off as weird to me because Vileplume seems more bulky, but w/e) but Idk

Nonetheless, I've always liked Bellossom over Vileplume. I trained Bellossom in my imported SS and Vileplume in my HG, and I ended up getting rid of Vileplume because despite mentioning how its Sp. Atk. stat was higher, it was still pretty useless. Bellossom, on the other hand, I found rather useful in my SS despite having a Porygon2 and a shiny and other amazing Pokemon, save for my Flareon.

I also like Bellossom's design a lot more, as I've always been partial to elegant-looking Pokemon :3

Hikamaru
May 8th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Bellossom is way cuter! I have both Bellossom and Vileplume in Ruby and SS but Bellossom just looks cuter.

Seeds Horizon
May 8th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Ive never really used either, even after the urging of my 5 year old brother to get "The Pokemon that has a punk mushroom thingy on its head and its purpleeeeeee". I think that the designs for them are..Meh. Plus I like better Grass types :D.

Zeffy
May 8th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I've always liked Bellossom than Vileplume. When I first played FireRed, I captured an Oddish and let it evolve into Gloom. But I waited for the sun stone because I don't like Vileplume. xD

And Bellossom's design is waaay better than Vileplume's. Vileplume reminds me of a rafflesia, which I never liked.

Halcyon
May 8th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Bellossom is much different than its pre-evolution, in terms of typing and looks. Vileplume, on the other hand, seems rather expected as a Gloom's evolution. And I feel that Bellossom seems to have a happier life as well! (unlike Vileplume who has to carry its oversized flower all the time) XD

I guess I'm not really a fan of Grass/Poison types either, there are a lot of them, and it negates the super-effectiveness of Poison, which makes Poison-types less useful. :/

Hooh
May 8th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I really don't care for both, but Belossum for better design.

PlatinumDude
May 9th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Strangely, I like Vileplume better because it has STAB Sludge Bomb to wreck Bellossom with, plus it's more tailored towards offense, though it can defend itself decently as well.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
May 9th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Bellossom for me. I like its look far better than Vileplume, and to date Bellossom is the only Grass-type I've ever trained.

Maple Leaf
May 9th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Bellossom, simply for the appearance.

I just try to stay away from Vileplume. Huge yuck from me...

Markus1992
May 9th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Awww, i feel sorry for Vileplume... don't worry buddy, their just jealous because you could kick Bellossom's behind any day. ;)

o3o
May 9th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I've never trained either of them, but I'd have to say Bellossom, purely because of the way it looks.

Mistyblu
May 9th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I likr both and Vileplume looked edgier and cooler and is more offensive but Bellossom had the better design and was more creative and is quite happy.

TheGr8
May 10th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Strangely, I like Vileplume better because it has STAB Sludge Bomb to wreck Bellossom with, plus it's more tailored towards offense, though it can defend itself decently as well.

Yeah I agree with you PlatinumDude. I have used a Vileplume, and it's great for it's SpA. And sludgebomb is nice, I haven't check if she get's any new moves in Gen V?

Owl
May 10th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Vileplume. I just find it stronger, wider moveset, and it just is better in battle. So Vileplume gets my vote :D

StevieJee
May 10th, 2011, 04:16 PM
It has to be Bellossom based basically on looks. I used to love Vileplume until Bellossom came out but to be honest... I prefer other Grass-type Pokémon :P!

Rai
May 10th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I loved them both but I have to go with Vileplume. I used one in my Yellow so it has good memories. I think I will always prefer Vileplume because of this.

Forever
May 10th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Bellossom, I've always liked it and I once made an entire forum about it, lol :( That's how much I like it!

Infact, used to be one of my favourites til gen 5 arrived. Either way Vileplume sucks imo.

LatiasSoulDew
May 10th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I think each of them has their own superiority, but overall I like Bellossom more than Vileplume.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
May 13th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Bellossom for sure, because it is wearing a dress. >u< So cute~!

http://th825.photobucket.com/albums/zz175/trydentknight/th_Bellossom.jpg

X3

King Of The Blues
May 13th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I prefer Bellossom. Why? It's more prettier and elegant. I don't mind Vileplume, but I prefer Bellossom

BenjiTheKid
May 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I never use either on my team and never will, but Bellossom is my favorite between the two. Generally speaking, I don't like poison types. Which automatically means I dislike Vileplume. Vileplume's better Sp. Atk is good, but other than that, it has nothing going for it in my opinion. Bellossom looks better, isn't a poison type, and dances or whatever. I always liked the way Bellossom looked, so, it would be my favorite between the two.

Crimson5M
May 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
No love for Vileplume :(
I prefer Vileplume as opposed to Belossom. I remember using a Belossom in Rijon Adventures and getting raped by Sludge Bomb in the Grass gym. Vileplume looks cooler too imo. Also I like weird Pokemon better than the cutsie ones.

lunaeclipse
May 13th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I like Bellossom but Vileplume looks incredibly stronger the bellossom not to mention it has an extra type just epic!! also bellossom seems to be winning this but all i say is its a vs not a beauty contest ;)

King Gumball
May 13th, 2011, 02:21 PM
This is so hard to choose for me... I love them both so much. Bellossom is WAY better shiny, but Vileplume is better at battling. I will vote Vilplume only because I have used it in game more and it served me well. If this were a battle of the shinies Bellossom would win it though.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 13th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Vileplume for me, I love that it naturally learns Aromatherapy and Solarbeam :)

Samari45
May 15th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I went with Vileplume because I can't help but stick with the first generation. I suggest doing a poll between Dragonite and Salamence.

Pika-power
May 15th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Both kinda suck in the competitive battling scene, so sorry Vileplume, Bellosom gets my vote here.