View Full Version : Pokemon vs. Pokemon Poll #4 - Bellossom Vs Vileplume

Miss Doronjo
May 8th, 2011, 5:19 PM
[css-div="padding: 25px; border: 7px double #777; width: 850px; text-align: justify; background-color: #222"]Previous pokemon vs. pokemon poll (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=250442)

Its that time of week again! This time, its about two grass pokemon from the Oddish family:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ec/182.png vs. http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e2/045.png

~Both are evolutions from Gloom
~Both base stats total 480
~ Both have Chlorophyll ability

~ Vileplume is a dual Poison / Grass type pokemon
~ Bellossom is strictly a Grass type
~ Vileplume has a effect spore hidden ability
~ Bellossom has a Healer hidden ability

So, which pokemon do you prefer and why?

[Got any ideas for a Pokemon vs. Pokemon weekly poll for Pokemon General? Feel free to contact me, Miss Doronjo, via PM. Any type of comparison is accepted! It'll be chosen randomly by a super special awesome secret science and spooky invention though. (the ideas will be picked from a hat. ^___^)]

May 8th, 2011, 5:35 PM
/you should also put under differences that Vileplume has a higher Sp. Atk. stat whereas Bellossom has a higher Sp. Def. stat (which comes off as weird to me because Vileplume seems more bulky, but w/e) but Idk

Nonetheless, I've always liked Bellossom over Vileplume. I trained Bellossom in my imported SS and Vileplume in my HG, and I ended up getting rid of Vileplume because despite mentioning how its Sp. Atk. stat was higher, it was still pretty useless. Bellossom, on the other hand, I found rather useful in my SS despite having a Porygon2 and a shiny and other amazing Pokemon, save for my Flareon.

I also like Bellossom's design a lot more, as I've always been partial to elegant-looking Pokemon :3

May 8th, 2011, 6:35 PM
Bellossom is way cuter! I have both Bellossom and Vileplume in Ruby and SS but Bellossom just looks cuter.

Seeds Horizon
May 8th, 2011, 6:39 PM
Ive never really used either, even after the urging of my 5 year old brother to get "The Pokemon that has a punk mushroom thingy on its head and its purpleeeeeee". I think that the designs for them are..Meh. Plus I like better Grass types :D.

May 8th, 2011, 6:50 PM
I've always liked Bellossom than Vileplume. When I first played FireRed, I captured an Oddish and let it evolve into Gloom. But I waited for the sun stone because I don't like Vileplume. xD

And Bellossom's design is waaay better than Vileplume's. Vileplume reminds me of a rafflesia, which I never liked.

May 8th, 2011, 7:09 PM
Bellossom is much different than its pre-evolution, in terms of typing and looks. Vileplume, on the other hand, seems rather expected as a Gloom's evolution. And I feel that Bellossom seems to have a happier life as well! (unlike Vileplume who has to carry its oversized flower all the time) XD

I guess I'm not really a fan of Grass/Poison types either, there are a lot of them, and it negates the super-effectiveness of Poison, which makes Poison-types less useful. :/

May 8th, 2011, 8:05 PM
I really don't care for both, but Belossum for better design.

May 9th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Strangely, I like Vileplume better because it has STAB Sludge Bomb to wreck Bellossom with, plus it's more tailored towards offense, though it can defend itself decently as well.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
May 9th, 2011, 6:02 AM
Bellossom for me. I like its look far better than Vileplume, and to date Bellossom is the only Grass-type I've ever trained.

Maple Leaf
May 9th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Bellossom, simply for the appearance.

I just try to stay away from Vileplume. Huge yuck from me...

May 9th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Awww, i feel sorry for Vileplume... don't worry buddy, their just jealous because you could kick Bellossom's behind any day. ;)

May 9th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I've never trained either of them, but I'd have to say Bellossom, purely because of the way it looks.

May 9th, 2011, 5:09 PM
I likr both and Vileplume looked edgier and cooler and is more offensive but Bellossom had the better design and was more creative and is quite happy.

May 10th, 2011, 1:39 AM
Strangely, I like Vileplume better because it has STAB Sludge Bomb to wreck Bellossom with, plus it's more tailored towards offense, though it can defend itself decently as well.

Yeah I agree with you PlatinumDude. I have used a Vileplume, and it's great for it's SpA. And sludgebomb is nice, I haven't check if she get's any new moves in Gen V?

May 10th, 2011, 4:00 PM
Vileplume. I just find it stronger, wider moveset, and it just is better in battle. So Vileplume gets my vote :D

May 10th, 2011, 4:16 PM
It has to be Bellossom based basically on looks. I used to love Vileplume until Bellossom came out but to be honest... I prefer other Grass-type Pokémon :P!

May 10th, 2011, 7:43 PM
I loved them both but I have to go with Vileplume. I used one in my Yellow so it has good memories. I think I will always prefer Vileplume because of this.

May 10th, 2011, 8:03 PM
Bellossom, I've always liked it and I once made an entire forum about it, lol :( That's how much I like it!

Infact, used to be one of my favourites til gen 5 arrived. Either way Vileplume sucks imo.

May 10th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I think each of them has their own superiority, but overall I like Bellossom more than Vileplume.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
May 13th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Bellossom for sure, because it is wearing a dress. >u< So cute~!

King Of The Blues
May 13th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I prefer Bellossom. Why? It's more prettier and elegant. I don't mind Vileplume, but I prefer Bellossom

May 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I never use either on my team and never will, but Bellossom is my favorite between the two. Generally speaking, I don't like poison types. Which automatically means I dislike Vileplume. Vileplume's better Sp. Atk is good, but other than that, it has nothing going for it in my opinion. Bellossom looks better, isn't a poison type, and dances or whatever. I always liked the way Bellossom looked, so, it would be my favorite between the two.

May 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
No love for Vileplume :(
I prefer Vileplume as opposed to Belossom. I remember using a Belossom in Rijon Adventures and getting raped by Sludge Bomb in the Grass gym. Vileplume looks cooler too imo. Also I like weird Pokemon better than the cutsie ones.

May 13th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I like Bellossom but Vileplume looks incredibly stronger the bellossom not to mention it has an extra type just epic!! also bellossom seems to be winning this but all i say is its a vs not a beauty contest ;)

King Gumball
May 13th, 2011, 2:21 PM
This is so hard to choose for me... I love them both so much. Bellossom is WAY better shiny, but Vileplume is better at battling. I will vote Vilplume only because I have used it in game more and it served me well. If this were a battle of the shinies Bellossom would win it though.

May 13th, 2011, 3:37 PM
Vileplume for me, I love that it naturally learns Aromatherapy and Solarbeam :)

May 15th, 2011, 1:18 PM
I went with Vileplume because I can't help but stick with the first generation. I suggest doing a poll between Dragonite and Salamence.

May 15th, 2011, 2:09 PM
Both kinda suck in the competitive battling scene, so sorry Vileplume, Bellosom gets my vote here.