PDA

View Full Version : Enter: Wyatt Fire

Wyatt Fire
May 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Hi. o _o
I guess now I introduce myself.

My name is Wyatt and I train mainly fire Pokémon, but I like to mix a lot of dark, psychic, and ghost in there. I've played Red, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Diamond, Heartgold, and White. I speak three languages and am a University student.

I have a 3DS now and the only games I have that haven't been lost in time are Diamond, Heartgold (JP), and White.

My favourite Pokémon right now are Houndoom, Umbreon, and Minncino.

I love to cook, draw, and study.

Oryx
May 9th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Hey, I saw you post on a thread before I realized you were new! I don't see many trainers that focus on particular types, that's really interesting. Looks like you've played one of every series of games except FR/LG, that's impressive. Other than some opposing colors, we played the same generations and skipped the same one. Which is your favorite?

Anyway, welcome to the forums. We have forums for all the different games, but Black and White (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200) is probably the most active and the one I bet you'll want to talk about most because it's so new. Be sure to read the rules and have fun! :3

Wyatt Fire
May 9th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the reply!

I've always had the colour red themed to everything I have and do, so I just kind of stick with it. I think it's more interesting to play the game with a focus on one type because you have to come up with ways to strengthen it against its weaknesses.

My favourite would be the original Gold version, and Ruby in second place. That's when I really got into Pokémon. I was really young when I played Red, so I don't remember too much of it. HeartGold was an excellent remake, I think.

I kind of grew out of Pokémon once I got a bit into my teens, and then suddenly, with the release of the new games, the craze has hit me again for nostalgia's sake.

I really hope they come out with older Pokémon games for the virtual console on the 3DS or something. I've been dying to play them again, but I try avoiding ROMs and such.

myrrhman
May 9th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Hi Wyatt!

It sounds to me like you would love going to the Challenges Forum, where you can play through games under certain restrictions, like having to use only one type of Pokemon the whole game (which it sounds to me like you already sort of do). There's plenty of other challenges for if you want to use a certain color, if you only want to use one Pokemon, etc. Pretty much everything you can think of.

Welcome to the forums!

Jak
May 9th, 2011, 11:08 PM
What Myrrhman said, haha. I'm sure you'd really love the challenge forum, one of the sections under my dictatorship rule. :] There's an event going on this month that will get you an emblem (a reward that would go on your profile) if you end up finishing it. Check it out if you have the time!

Also, great taste in Pokemon. Umbreon is one of my all time favorites. I've probably used it every time I got the change to do so, haha. Aaaand another thing. I love your name. I actually want to name my son Wyatt (we're talking like...in ten years though lmao). Hope that doesn't sound too creepy. :[

Anyway, if you need help, have questions, or just want someone to talk to, drop me a message. I don't bite, promise! :]

Wyatt Fire
May 9th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Hi Wyatt!

It sounds to me like you would love going to the Challenges Forum,...

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks a lot! I'll surf around to it and explore.

Also, great taste in Pokemon. Umbreon is one of my all time favorites. I've probably used it every time I got the change to do so, haha. Aaaand another thing. I love your name. I actually want to name my son Wyatt (we're talking like...in ten years though lmao). Hope that doesn't sound too creepy. :[

Thanks. And, no, I don't think that's creepy! Haha, my name usually gets referenced to Wyatt Earp. People seem to like the name though! We need more Wyatts in the world.

TheGr8
May 10th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Welcome to PC Wyatt! I also like Umbreon, since I play competitively having it defensive is great. I had the same thing happen to me, when D/P came out I didn't play at all. So from let's say 06-07 till 09. I didn't play. Which is weird because I have loved pokemon from the start. But as Platinum,HG/SS, and B/W came out, I am into the competitive world of Pokemon. Glad I could relate to a new member here. Enjoy your time here! :)

Wyatt Fire
May 10th, 2011, 02:47 AM
But as Platinum,HG/SS, and B/W came out, I am into the competitive world of Pokemon. Glad I could relate to a new member here. Enjoy your time here! :)

Thanks!

And, I've noticed that there are various reasons for playing Pokémon. There is the collecting, the competition, or the storyline. Probably more, but for me, I'm into both the collecting and the competition. I'm not one for the storylines, though, lol. I think it's fun to collect all of them, but now that there are nearly 700, it's a bit daunting or just... extreme? The competition's fun, too, but I've yet to seriously enter battling with others outside of the game.

Alternative
May 10th, 2011, 05:37 AM
I knew a Wyatt once, except it was his last name, and he was shy. Me and my friends all thought it was because he had a deep voice, and was embarassed or something, and we're just all like "aww man that's hell cool"!

Welcome to the forums. :D

That is a lot of games you've played there of Pokemon. I used to get all the games from when I started. Then I ended up getting one of them from Diamond/Pearl as the changes weren't that big, and you could trade online for the Pokemon you wanted. That reminds me, I should go train a Sudowoodo! :)

You might be interested in... actually, I don't know what you'd be interested in. I noticed that you have a 3DS, so maybe you could visit the 3DS Discussion (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=241387) thread and talk about your experiences or something with it?

Again, welcome aboard, and have a great time here! omg your avatar is in lavender town! <3