PDA

View Full Version : Don't go in the grass!

FourCartridge
May 11th, 2011, 04:26 PM
You all know those guys in the starter towns that tell you not to go outside the town because right? Well, what do you all think Pokemon would react to someone on their merry way? Would their mood affect the reaction, like being depressed, anxious, angry, etc?

Naruto Uzumaki
May 11th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I'm guessing that they would most probably be startled by someone walking into them unknowingly and if they were angry or upset, that would probably make them attack. :x

Zeffy
May 11th, 2011, 06:23 PM
This question I don't understand. :|

But I'm going to guess that instead of stopping the character, the person stops a Pokemon or w/e.

Of course they're going to be startled and might even be angry and attack. You never know what's inside a Pokemon's mind.

TheGr8
May 11th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Hmm, I would say they would be startled and attack you, which is why we can't go in the grass :P but you never know every pokemon is different :D

Oryx
May 11th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I think it depends on the general temperament of the Pokemon, but you can make general assumptions based on species. For example, a Caterpie probably wouldn't be aggressive at all towards a wandering human, but in the same forest a Beedrill most likely will be. Because in pretty much every route dangerous Pokemon are mixed with not, it makes sense that you're not allowed out without a Pokemon. :3

Tyranee
May 11th, 2011, 08:40 PM
This brings about a funny/possibly dark thought: Zoroark wanders into town disguised as a human and gets stopped by the guy saying don't go into the tall grass. What happens?

PlatinumDude
May 12th, 2011, 12:55 AM
I think that the wild Pokemon will get startled and attack if they see you have no Pokemon; usually, they'll win. For the more timid ones, they might run away.

mondays suck
May 12th, 2011, 01:30 AM
The only explainable reason why wild Pokemon attack you in the grass is that their territory is being invaded, so they attempt to defend it. It is possible that they, or at least most of them, are unaware of whether a human is using Pokemon on his own (excluding HGSS and maybe Yellow) and how strong they are which explains that the encounter rate is still the same in areas with hopelessly underleveled native Pokemon.

BHwolfgang
May 13th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Well, seeing as the Pokemons are weak at the beginning of the game, I'm sure an adult can handle them. A Pidgey and Bidoof can only so much against a human.

The main player is not allowed out of the town only because he/she is only a child and doesn't possess a Pokemon. Instead of seeing the Pokemon angry or in rage, I see them excited and happy. Maybe it's because I view Pokemons as friendly creatures, especially towards children. I honestly can't imagine a swarm of Poochyena attacking a child and pouncing the crap out of him.

COMBOY
May 13th, 2011, 11:32 AM
In that case I would just catch one of the wild pokemon as my own, even if I don't have pokeballs, I would catch it with my bare hands. XD