PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else read the Star Wars books?

deneric
May 12th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I started, like, last summer just to give me something to do while I was bored ... and now I'm on my 34th book :O geez, 34 books in less than a year

Katholic Nun
May 12th, 2011, 06:16 PM
No, I haven't read them but I know a LOT about them because my best friend is a huge fan. She only reads the ones that contain Thrawn though, because all she wants is the Thrawn/Voss ho yay.

deneric
May 12th, 2011, 06:35 PM
lol wow, never really knew there was something going on between Voss and Thrawn

Esper
May 12th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I read a lot of them years ago. I had 20, maybe even 30 of them. Could have been more. I remember enjoying them a lot and reading them one after another, but maybe a year or two ago I picked one up to read again and I just couldn't get into it. That was well past my Star Wars phase anyway. I'd already moved into my Discworld phase. Eventually I sold/gave them all away to people who wanted them so at least they have good homes, wherever they are.

Thomas
May 12th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I read the one that was set in between episodes 2 and 3, but other than that I never read an of the other ones...never intrigued me that much.

TRIFORCE89
May 17th, 2011, 06:56 PM
The prequels and the 2004 versions of the Original Trilogy have already damaged the franchise for me, so I'm a little worried about getting into the Expanded Universe beyond the games

I tried to read Shadows of the Empire, because I played the game and have the album and liked the idea of "everything but a movie", but I got bored after afew pages