PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Discussion Thread

RyanGT
May 20th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Re-making this thread to due to lack of posting in the original.

Welp, I'm back. I finally got my internet back.

Very disappointed with how last season ended (My Eagles losing to the eventual champs)

But now it's time for a new season, if the lockout ever ends that is....

Has anyone heard anything about when the lockout could finally end because I'm ready for free agency and training camps.

Livewire
May 20th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Thank god it's back. o/

The trial/hearings are supposed to resume in early June I think, if I remember correctly from ESPN. Hopefully It'll get resolved soon, it's become a bit ridiculous.

As for the Draft, My Bengals came up big by getting AJ Green and Andy Dalton. I just hope they develop correctly, particularly Dalton. I think he should just sit back and learn a bit first, then he can take over for Palmer if he decides to leave.

Kenshin5
May 20th, 2011, 02:02 PM
"Re-making this thread to due to lack of posting in the original."

Probably won't be to active now either since we are in limbo and no where near NFL season. Oh well my Pack won so it's all good.

RyanGT
May 20th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Thank god it's back. o/

The trial/hearings are supposed to resume in early June I think, if I remember correctly from ESPN. Hopefully It'll get resolved soon, it's become a bit ridiculous.

As for the Draft, My Bengals came up big by getting AJ Green and Andy Dalton. I just hope they develop correctly, particularly Dalton. I think he should just sit back and learn a bit first, then he can take over for Palmer if he decides to leave.

AJ Green is going to be a stud, I like him much better than Julio Jones.

As for the hearings, last I heard the date was June 3rd then hopefully we get some sort of idea on if we will have football to watch this year.

"Re-making this thread to due to lack of posting in the original."

Probably won't be to active now either since we are in limbo and no where near NFL season. Oh well my Pack won so it's all good.

Well, once free agency starts we should have plenty to discuss.

I'm praying the Eagles somehow are able to aquire Nnamdi Asomugha. :cool:

Sweet Candace
May 20th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Very disappointed with how last season ended (My Eagles losing to the eventual champs).

If you were disappointed with how your team finished, I'm a big Dallas Cowboys fan and me and my dad had to weather one of the worst seasons Dallas ever had. My dad did weather the 1-15 season in 1989, but this is the worst team I've seen, even worse than the 3 straight 5-11 seasons. There was so much promise going into the season only for the team to implode and quit on Wade 'The Jellyfish' Phillips. Bringing Wade back was a HUGE mistake. Jason Garrett has promise and I hope to see Dallas get to .500 and contend for the division title.

RyanGT
May 20th, 2011, 02:41 PM
If you were disappointed with how your team finished, I'm a big Dallas Cowboys fan and me and my dad had to weather one of the worst seasons Dallas ever had. My dad did weather the 1-15 season in 1989, but this is the worst team I've seen, even worse than the 3 straight 5-11 seasons. There was so much promise going into the season only for the team to implode and quit on Wade 'The Jellyfish' Phillips. Bringing Wade back was a HUGE mistake. Jason Garrett has promise and I hope to see Dallas get to .500 and contend for the division title.

I hate to say it being an Eagles fan and all, but the Cowboys are an extremely talented team. If Romo comes back healthy, the Boys will be right back in the race for the top seed in the NFC. I was pretty sad to see Wade go because I knew he wouldn't be able to get it done down in Dallas :laugh: They seemed to have a lot more life with Garrett at the helm, hopefully it doesn't carry over into this season. :D

Sweet Candace
May 20th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Alex Barron clotheslines Brian Orakpo costing Dallas the game against Washington, the team quits midway through the season, then Romo is down for the count. Then Roy E. Williams'llbeoutofajob fumbles the ball against the Saints, eventually costing them the game, and on Christmas Day, David Buehler misses an easy PAT against the Cards, costing them the game there as well.

Kenshin5
May 20th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah I have been hearing a lot about Asomugha to Philly. They would probably have the best one two punch of CB with him and Asante Samuel. Mah I thought the Dallas hype was too much. I mean Romo is good, but I see him and Cutler "good" as best. Doesn't help that Williams wants to be a number one WR and he is obviously a number 2 to people like Miles Austin. I am a Cowboys hater cause they are so annoying in Oklahoma like the OU fans are. I like the players like Dez Byrant cause he played for OSU, and DeMarcus Ware cause he is a beast, but I just don't like the team as a whole.

RyanGT
May 20th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah I have been hearing a lot about Asomugha to Philly. They would probably have the best one two punch of CB with him and Asante Samuel. Mah I thought the Dallas hype was too much. I mean Romo is good, but I see him and Cutler "good" as best. Doesn't help that Williams wants to be a number one WR and he is obviously a number 2 to people like Miles Austin. I am a Cowboys hater cause they are so annoying in Oklahoma like the OU fans are. I like the players like Dez Byrant cause he played for OSU, and DeMarcus Ware cause he is a beast, but I just don't like the team as a whole.

haha Roy Williams "wants" to be a #1?

He's nothing more than a #3 on the Cowboys behind Austin and Bryant. Hell, I'd rather have Witten spread out at WR over Williams.

Kenshin5
May 20th, 2011, 03:12 PM
He said that awhile back coming from Detroit. Yeah I would just stick him in the Slot. He "okay" and won't be getting any better.

RyanGT
May 20th, 2011, 03:24 PM
He said that awhile back coming from Detroit. Yeah I would just stick him in the Slot. He "okay" and won't be getting any better.

Yeah I think we all can agree Dallas got hosed in that trade. :badsmile:

donavannj
May 20th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I'm prepared for another last-place finish by my Vikings in 2011.

I don't care for Dallas, to be honest.

Kenshin5
May 20th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Either that or Detroit. Who looks to bloster a good D Line with next season. I am still baffled behind the reasoning of Drafting Christian Ponder, I mean really him as a franchise QB? I would much rather take the gamble in later rounds on Mallett like th Pats did then draft Ponder at that point in the draft. They could always get McNabb or Kolb, or somebody else. Not feeling that pick. At least they are not Carolina drafting Newton and Clausen the year before. Honestly what is up with that?

Livewire
May 21st, 2011, 03:26 PM
Either that or Detroit. Who looks to bloster a good D Line with next season. I am still baffled behind the reasoning of Drafting Christian Ponder, I mean really him as a franchise QB? I would much rather take the gamble in later rounds on Mallett like th Pats did then draft Ponder at that point in the draft. They could always get McNabb or Kolb, or somebody else. Not feeling that pick. At least they are not Carolina drafting Newton and Clausen the year before. Honestly what is up with that?

I had a major 'WTF' moment when the Vikings nabbed Ponder, and when the Titans drafted Locker. I just don't get it, especially when Mallet was one the board still-character "issues" aside, He has a ridiculously powerful arm and size, even for an NFL QB.

batmon
May 21st, 2011, 03:41 PM
Oh yeah, I can't wait until my Bengals go 1-15 my Redskins to go 3-13

:(

Kenshin5
May 21st, 2011, 07:31 PM
Too me Ponder is more of a reach then Locker. If he declared last year he probably would have been over Bradford. The only concern I have is they have a new coach and he hasn't got to work with Locker.

donavannj
May 21st, 2011, 07:57 PM
I thought the Vikings should have gone with a lineman, to be honest. I'd rather watch Joe Webb at QB than Ponder if them going with Webb means that they'd have a better offensive line.

And then there's the whole matter that QB wasn't our worst problem.

RyanGT
May 22nd, 2011, 08:24 AM
I thought the Vikings should have gone with a lineman, to be honest. I'd rather watch Joe Webb at QB than Ponder if them going with Webb means that they'd have a better offensive line.

And then there's the whole matter that QB wasn't our worst problem.

Joe Webb made the Eagles defense look like a high school team last year.

That was the beginning of the end for that season. :disappoin

donavannj
May 22nd, 2011, 11:39 AM
Joe Webb made the Eagles defense look like a high school team last year.

That was the beginning of the end for that season. :disappoin

I'm sure the field had a bit to do with that, too, since it was a frozen field and it was snowing at that time.

RyanGT
May 22nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
I'm sure the field had a bit to do with that, too, since it was a frozen field and it was snowing at that time.

Yeah not to mention the Eagles defense was complete garbage for the majority of the year and couldn't stop anybody.

They drafted a bunch of good looking defensive players including Casey Matthews (Clays little brother) and we still have free agency so the defense should be improved this year.

Livewire
May 22nd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah not to mention the Eagles defense was complete garbage for the majority of the year and couldn't stop anybody.

They drafted a bunch of good looking defensive players including Casey Matthews (Clays little brother) and we still have free agency so the defense should be improved this year.

Especially If they manage to sign Nnamdi Asomugha in the off season. That would be one hell of a defense If they have him at CB. o_o

Why can't the Bengals have a nice defense for a change ;;

RyanGT
June 2nd, 2011, 03:33 AM
Especially If they manage to sign Nnamdi Asomugha in the off season. That would be one hell of a defense If they have him at CB. o_o

Why can't the Bengals have a nice defense for a change ;;

I don't think defense is the Bengals problem, their offense was pretty bad last year.

TheWatersGreatGuardian
June 2nd, 2011, 05:01 AM
Bucs fan here :) I am really excited about where TB is headed this year if there is a season

Livewire
June 2nd, 2011, 06:45 AM
I don't think defense is the Bengals problem, their offense was pretty bad last year.

Well in the W/L column, yeah. Palmer still threw for nearly 4,000 yards again, and Benson was a thousand yard rusher. It just seemed like the Bengals tried too hard at times, and it was lack of locker room chemistry. But true, they were still 4-12. :/ Hopefully with this draft they'll add some talent and rebound next season. (Whenever that is.)

TheWatersGreatGuardian
June 2nd, 2011, 09:39 AM
Well in the W/L column, yeah. Palmer still threw for nearly 4,000 yards again, and Benson was a thousand yard rusher. It just seemed like the Bengals tried too hard at times, and it was lack of locker room chemistry. But true, they were still 4-12. :/ Hopefully with this draft they'll add some talent and rebound next season. (Whenever that is.)
A locker room with Chad Johnson (refuse to call him Ochocinco) and TO in is going to be tought to have room for chemistry with all the ego :P btw its not that I don't like the bengals, I am indifferent. just making a statement

Kenshin5
June 2nd, 2011, 09:51 AM
I am in different as well. I don't like or dislike the Bengals. What I am surprised with is Merv Lewis retaining his job and getting an extension. As far as the Bucs are concerned they got the steal of the draft with Da'Quan Bowers(if he recovers well from his surgery he WILL have to end up getting). Although I think the Ravens maybe have got the steal by picking Jimmy Smith at 27. Yes he has had some character issues but from all I have heard this guy has got a hell of some talent. Remember the late Sean Taylor and his problems and he was just as good as any Safety before he was killed. I just hope Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs can mentor this guy up, cause I could see him being a great Corner there like Chris Mcalister was for them.

TheWatersGreatGuardian
June 2nd, 2011, 09:56 AM
Not sure about Bowers. he will be the steal of the draft IF IF IF IF :P he recovers.

RyanGT
June 9th, 2011, 02:50 AM
So Plaxico Burress is out of jail...and there is a good chance the Eagles will sign him.

Vick to Burress, what a nice combination.

Livewire
June 10th, 2011, 02:25 PM
So Plaxico Burress is out of jail...and there is a good chance the Eagles will sign him.

Vick to Burress, what a nice combination.

True, but the Eagles are already pretty deep at Wideout already though, Maclin, Jackson, Avant, etc. The Jets or the Dolphins would make sense as they're more in need of wide receiver depth atm.

RyanGT
June 12th, 2011, 06:19 AM
True, but the Eagles are already pretty deep at Wideout already though, Maclin, Jackson, Avant, etc. The Jets or the Dolphins would make sense as they're more in need of wide receiver depth atm.

Plax and DeSean on the outside with Maclin in the slot means matchup nightmares everywhere.

There have been many rumblings that Plax might be headed to Philly and I hope it's true.