PDA

View Full Version : The Metal thread.

Arcticblast
May 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Are there really no metal fans here who are willing to make a thread? I couldn't find one. Discuss this wonderful genre of music here.

To attempt to kickstart discussion, my favorites in the genre (sub genre in parentheses) are currently:

Buzzov*en (Sludge metal)
Iskald (Black metal)
Edge of Sanity (Death metal)
Skinless (Death metal)
Curl Up and Die (Metalcore)
Pandora's Dawn (Metalcore)
Destroyer 666 (Black/Death/Thrash metal)
Enslaved (Progressive/Black metal) I saw this band live last year, great show.
Death Angel (Thrash metal)
Pig Destroyer (Deathgrind)

Also, metalheads (oh, I hate that term) are prone to rage. Try to keep flaming to a minimum.

JP
May 20th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Not as fond of metal as I used to be, though I've still got quite a few bands I still follow.

Anathema (not sure you could really consider them metal anymore, nevertheless their Metal material was fantastic)
Dream Theater
Porcupine Tree (eeh kinda on that prog rock/metal fence)
Opeth
Katatonia
Riverside
Evergrey
Paradise Lost
Draconian
Ghost Brigade
Novembre
Scar Symmetry
Swallow the Sun
Killswitch Engage
In Flames
Soilwork
Between the Buried and Me

Probably about it at this point... haha wow, more bands than I thought. As you can see, heavy into "progressive" and melodic stuff. I used to be a big doom metal fan, though I sadly don't follow much of that scene anymore.

I see you're interested in Black Metal. Have you checked out Wolves in the Throne Room? (Have always heard good things about this group) And possibly Burzum (the guy's a friggin maniac though apparently a rather pioneering musician.) Black Metal... never could get into it to be honest.

Alice
May 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Undead Corporation is a good one that I just found... I'm really getting into death metal a lot more now.

Gold warehouse
May 21st, 2011, 03:54 AM
Also, metalheads (oh, I hate that term) are prone to rage.

Hahahaha

Not into much metal but the few I do like, I really like.

Absolute favourites are Godflesh, Jesu and anything else with Justin Broadrick in it, Altar of Plagues, Alcest, Cynic, Riverside, Mastodon, Burzum and Gojira.

As JP said, Burzum and Wolves in the Throne Room are amongst the best if you're into black metal. I'd also recommend Summoning and Bathory.

Only problem I have with a lot of metal is the vocals. I love Burzum but I cannot listen to his first album because the vocals are just terrible. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNQe_Kw4xH8) Otherwise I'd be a much bigger fan; it's difficult to find vocals I like.

Katalyst
May 21st, 2011, 04:11 AM
I prefer the oldschool stuff. You know, Megadeth, Motörhead, Metallica, Iron Maiden...
Dream Theater are a pretty good band too. And I also listen to a couple of Slayer's songs whenever I feel like bursting my energy out through some serious headbanging. |m/

As long as they sing with clean vocals, not screams, it's fine for me.

batmon
May 21st, 2011, 12:57 PM
I haven't listened to metal in a while, but I still like Ozzy era Black Sabbath and Electric Wizard

groteske
May 21st, 2011, 04:57 PM
Hell yeah dude. I'm typically about the older stuff, I can't stand the whole -core ****. Some favorites, grouped basically by genre or probably just as I think of them -

Bolt Thrower
Morbid Angel
Grave
Unleashed
Entombed
Dismember
Carcass
Death
Dissection (JP, should check them out if you haven't already, Thulcandra is another band that totally ripped their sound but do it pretty well)
Aura Noir
Waklevoren
- to avoid making an obnoxiously long list, Venom, Bathory, Celtic Frost, Orcustus, Averse Sefira, Azaghal, Cathedral, Black Witchery, Electric Wizard, etc etc etc

Plug for boyfriend's traditional/melodic metal band, Widow, that some may like (and they'll be touring the east and west coast in August/September, respectively). I'm not a huge fan but yanno.

MOZh9-AU7qk

JP
May 21st, 2011, 06:26 PM
Dissection (JP, should check them out if you haven't already, Thulcandra is another band that totally ripped their sound but do it pretty well)

Yeah, I've checked out Dissection in the past. They didn't really tickle my fancy. :( Not really many Black Metal groups that interest me. Dissection did however, for some reason, remind me of a band I enjoyed named Axamenta (http://www.last.fm/music/Axamenta). Their Ever-Arch-I-Tech-Ture album is pretty fantastic. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't.

And as a sidenote to the topic, I highly suggest that more people become familiar with this (http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/disillusion/back_to_times_of_splendor/) fantastic album. I love this album, I used to listen to it all the time. Matter of fact, might just give it a spin later on. Highly suggested if you're interested in bands like Opeth.

hyperblast81
May 23rd, 2011, 04:50 PM
Ahh Metal, how wonderous you are, having me busting stuff up one moment, then bursting out in tears the next. I mean, I love it. Simple as that.

I would make a top 10 list, but .. too shallow.. so yeah. Metal's awesome, and bleh, Deathcore and metalcore, whilst not truely being metal, can still have some good bands. I gotta say, the only metal I really don't like is industrial, and some old-school black metal..

shu
May 23rd, 2011, 05:05 PM
ah yes metal. I mostly listen to power metal like DragonForce,Blind Guardian,Dragonland,Helloween etc. but i also listen to alot of death metal Amon amarth,cannibal corpse,chiildren of bodom,as i lay dying etc. I like mostly guitar music like buckethead,steve vai,joe satriani,jack thammarat,jerry c etc.

Merzbau
May 25th, 2011, 12:22 AM
I'm primarily into stuff like Motorhead and Blue Cheer these days, those early proto-metal groups that made the movement jumpstart...but I'm mostly into doom/stoner/thrash/power metal. I don't really care for death metal, but I don't mind black metal.

I'm into bands like Slayer, Reverend Bizarre, Sonata Arctica, Luca Turilli, Sodom, Vanilla Fudge, Kyuss, Orange Goblin...Snapcase, Integrity, Racetraitor when it comes to more metalcore stuff.

Are there really no metal fans here who are willing to make a thread? I couldn't find one. Discuss this wonderful genre of music here.

To attempt to kickstart discussion, my favorites in the genre (sub genre in parentheses) are currently:

Buzzov*en (Sludge metal)
Iskald (Black metal)
Edge of Sanity (Death metal)
Skinless (Death metal)
Curl Up and Die (Metalcore)
Pandora's Dawn (Metalcore)
Destroyer 666 (Black/Death/Thrash metal)
Enslaved (Progressive/Black metal) I saw this band live last year, great show.
Death Angel (Thrash metal)
Pig Destroyer (Deathgrind)

Also, metalheads (oh, I hate that term) are prone to rage. Try to keep flaming to a minimum.

I quoted you because I thought it was neat you knew Buzzov*en - they're actually somewhat of a local band to me, as is Weedeater, and I kind of know "Dixie" Dave - he works at a local head shop, and sells incense and bongs to a few friends of mine. I've met him when I've gone with them. He's really cool and he'll talk about Southern Lord and stuff if you ask.

ThisOrTheApocalypse
May 25th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I love Metal, even though Metal is such a vague genre to use these days.

The Black Dahlia Murder
Between The Buried And Me
Periphery
The Air I Breathe
Iwrestledabearonce
Misery Signals
After The Burial
Thy Art Is Murder
Just to name a few.

Tyrantrum
May 26th, 2011, 10:44 PM
There were a few other metal threads, but they die fairly quickly from what I've noticed. Hopefully this one will stay alive.

Anyway, a few of many bands I'm into:

- Woe, Is Me
- The Devil Wears Prada
- Whitechapel
- IWRESTLEDABEARONCE
- Underoath
- The Word Alive
- Asking Alexandria
- Chelsea Grin
- Born of Osiris
- The Plot in You
- Scarlett O'Hara

...and many, many more. :)

Gunn
May 27th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Meshuggah, Gojira, and anything Devin Townsend makes. With Gojira, there was a point where I couldn't stop listening to the From Mars to Sirius album. I am getting bored with them though so it's relieving to know that they're releasing some new material soon (and I'm aware that some songs were leaked).

LIKE THIS ONE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBB5W2nQ8Ms). I was a bit in tears and wanted to scream my head off when I first became aware. My musical fantasy has become reality.

Gold warehouse
May 27th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Have you heard the Devin Townsend Project's latest album? He's going back to his silly Ziltoid side which made a really fun album, imo; I loved most of the guest appearances as well.

LIKE THIS ONE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63_gPpJwpw0). I was a bit in tears and wanted to scream my head off when I first became aware. My musical fantasy has become reality.
THANK YOU BASED GUNN

And as a sidenote to the topic, I highly suggest that more people become familiar with this (http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/disillusion/back_to_times_of_splendor/) fantastic album.
I'm enjoying this one as well.

I often hear praise for this band (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiDK8ieH0b0&feature=related) as well. Not a big fan myself, thought I'd throw it out there for people to try.

Gunn
May 28th, 2011, 04:53 PM
What, you mean Ghost? I've heard of it, but haven't actually listened to any of the songs. I'm really anticipating what "Kawaii" is... for some reason. l:

and Eeveon's right, guys; let's keep this thread going! Old news, but how does anyone feel about the Big Four?

groteske
June 2nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
and Eeveon's right, guys; let's keep this thread going! Old news, but how does anyone feel about the Big Four?

Old Metallica & Megadeth rule - Rust in Peace & And Justice for All are two of my favorite albums. Haven't liked a whole lot of the newest Metallica. Same for Slayer and Anthrax, though I was never a huge Anthrax fan. Ironically I heard the latter performed the best during the Big Four tour.

For anyone in particular: what've you been spinning lately? I haven't been able to get enough of Napalm Death's Harmony Corruption. Here's a favorite, which also features Chuck Schuldiner (Death) on vocals at the end:

BbQ51jjOgBs

Katalyst
June 2nd, 2011, 02:16 PM
The Big Four? Metallica and Megadeth are awesome. That's what I have to say. Megadeth is my favourite band. Their first five albums and the last two are absolutely great (Rust In Peace and So Far, So Good... So What? are my favourites). About Metallica, I like their albums Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice For All. Master of Puppets is good too.

Never listened to much Anthrax to say anything about them, but I heard that they are pretty good. Slayer... they're good too, I listen to them whenever I want to headbang hard. But it's not something I listen much to. Also I'm not a fan of their guitar solos, it's way too much distortion. Though their riffs are great.

It's really nice that the biggest bands of Thrash Metal are touring together. Maybe that'll unite the Metal fans and, being the awesome bands they are, it's guaranteed that there will be great shows wherever they go.

batmon
June 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
The Big Four? Metallica and Megadeth are awesome. That's what I have to say. Megadeth is my favourite band. Their first five albums and the last two are absolutely great (Rust In Peace and So Far, So Good... So What? are my favourites). About Metallica, I like their albums Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice For All. Master of Puppets is good too.

Never listened to much Anthrax to say anything about them, but I heard that they are pretty good. Slayer... they're good too, I listen to them whenever I want to headbang hard. But it's not something I listen much to. Also I'm not a fan of their guitar solos, it's way too much distortion. Though their riffs are great.

It's really nice that the biggest bands of Thrash Metal are touring together. Maybe that'll unite the Metal fans and, being the awesome bands they are, it's guaranteed that there will be great shows wherever they go.
I liked Megadeth when I was a Freshman, haven't been able to listen to them since; Same with Metallica and Slayer. I don't really like thrash at all.

But I still listen to Belladonna era Anthrax every once in awhile

MMaester
June 3rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Maybe not entirely considered as metal... I love Alter Bridge. It's more like alternative-metal. White Knuckles (song) is f.e. pretty awesome ;)

Gunn
June 4th, 2011, 01:53 AM
It's definitely Metallica and Megadeth for me as well.... OLD Metallica and Megadeth that is. Can't pick a favorite Metallica album though because I think the first four are absolute masterpieces, not including the Black album. Amazing, but not Metallica's best. I also agree with groteske, not a fan of their newest works. Some would argue that sounds generic, but it wouldn't be generic if it weren't true.

If there was a fifth one where we instead would be talking about the "Big Five," who would you pick? I think Pantera would be able to fit the fifth slot.

Katalyst
June 6th, 2011, 02:05 PM
If there was a fifth one where we instead would be talking about the "Big Five," who would you pick? I think Pantera would be able to fit the fifth slot.

Definitely Pantera for me. Cowboys From Hell is their most famous record but my favourite album of theirs is Vulgar Display of Power. Dimebag Darrell was such an amazing guitar player, may he rest in peace http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/Katalyst_12/icon_pray.gif

pmarckoue
June 9th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Iron Fire is in my top bands. If you check them out, make sure you listen to "thunderstorm" first. One of the most epic songs I've heard

Arcticblast
June 22nd, 2011, 08:28 AM
THREAD, I HEREBY RESURRECT YE

@the Big 5th band: Remember, the Big Four was based on record sales, not skill or anything. If there was a fifth band included, it would definitely be Testament. I would have loved Death Angel to be there though...

Anyways, stuff I've been listening to recently, with links underlined:
-Red Fang (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjfkYWz6l5E) (Stoner, but they sort of push the line between rock and metal)
-Mumakil (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZnp9vd6hlQ) (Deathgrind)
-Slayer
-Iskald (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpgShL8DF98) (Black metal)
And surprisingly, Whitechapel's first album.

Lashh
June 23rd, 2011, 12:23 PM
Metal <3 This is the perfect thread for me, lawlz.

Well, where to start off... I listen to a lot of metalcore, it's my favorite genre and it's what I play on guitar. These are some of my favorite bands:

August Burns Red (progressive metalcore)
A christian band that wears American Eagle polos might seem a bit far off from metal, but this band has added so many elements to metalcore, I see them as one of the leading bands in the genre. And their lyrics never fail to impress. While there are moments in their lyrics that are obviously Christian influenced, they are in no way preaching, which is what I love about them. Their riffs get more creative and complex with each album, and they seem to grow as a band with each one.

Job For A Cowboy (deathcore, death metal)
Of course I had to include these guys, AZ pride ya'll!! Anyways, this has to be one of my favorite metal bands to come out of my home state, and they rarely fail to impress. However, I wasn't all for their most recent album Ruination, I'm still looking forward to hearing what they release next.

Eyes Set To Kill (metalcore, post-hardcore)
Yet another band to come out of my heated home state, but I truly do love this band. This band has had quite the bounce around in their line up- from their original screamer leaving, to a screamer who only appeared on 2010's "Broken Frames". And then their lead guitarist who appeared on their first 3 studio efforts left, but I think the band has finally found balance as a four piece with their new screamer, who I met after a recent show. He's really cool, lol.

Whitechapel (deathcore-death metal)
Need I say anything more? lol, I LOVE Whitechapel. They go so heavy with skill, and I'm really looking forward to their next album. They are a band that never fails to impress me.

Atreyu (metalcore)
This is the band that got me as into metalcore as I am today, and I credit them for a lot of my inspiration for playing the genre that I do. I regret not seeing them at their last AZ show on their Congregation of the Damned tour, seeing as they went on a hiatus shortly afterwards.

Haste the Day (metalcore)
Ah, this band. I got into them only a month before they broke up last April, but I'm glad I got into them when I did. I wish I could have seen a show by them, but I guess I just didn't get into them early enough. However, as a musician I felt so inspired when I saw a video for their last song at their last show. I could feel their energy from my damn laptop. This is one of the bands I credit for helping make the metalcore genre as great as it is today.

Trivium (metalcore, thrash metal, heavy metal)
I remember I didn't like this band all too much at first, I thought they were just another band trying to be Metallica. Which seems to be the case with some of their early efforts. However, after listening to them more and more, I became a fan- especially of their later works on Shogun and their upcoming album "In Waves". This band has clearly grown from where they were at before, and I'm really looking forward to their upcoming album. Their sound seems to have a fresh aspect to it with their new drummer.

And of course I still show love for 80's and 90's metal. My favorite bands from that era are Metallica and Pantera.

Cassino
June 24th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Could anyone recommend for me some good industrial metal bands?
I only really know of Rammstein and Turmion Kätilöt — prefer the latter if it matters.

Gold warehouse
June 24th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Turmion Kätilöt seem to take a lot of influence from ebm and aggrotech, so check out those genres if you care too. It's usually a lot more electronically based though, not sure if you care for that. Industrial is pretty broad.

My personal favourites are Godflesh (Crush my Soul, Suction, Nail, Paralyzed, Like Rats = best songs imo), Skinny Puppy (go for their album The Process, less electronic, more metal), Fudge Tunnel and Front Line Assembly. Which you may like.

Based on what you said you'd like, I'd recommend Deathstars, Hanzel und Gretyl (I used to like, but can't stand the lyrics, not sure if lyrics matter to you), Eisbrecher, KMFDM (WWIII album is really good imo) and Pitchshifter.

Another big name is Ministry. But I don't enjoy them, nor would I recommend them. They are pretty popular though, so maybe it's just me.

Arcticblast
June 24th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I'd go with Godflesh and newer Blut Aus Nord for industrial metal.

shenanigans
June 26th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cynic

<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

We need some more Cynic in here. One of my absolute favourite bands of all time.

Cynic is basically a band which I would recommend anyone into more experimental metal to check out. They're quite proggy and hell almost jazzy with death metal influence in parts, the former two showing up way more than the latter in their newer stuff from their last couple of albums.

9-fOpoLtj7U

One of my favourites by them from their first full album after they released like 5 EPs or something like that. They later released another version of this which was re-mastered iirc but I think this one's better.

Not that I listened to check which version it is.

gw-6IIBXNSQ

So this is leaning towards their more proggy end. If you like this I'd really suggest you get the whole album which was imo simply phenomenal. It's called Traced in Air.

mvaFpKt8X_o

And something from what is, as far as I know, their most recent album. It's more or less an acoustic-ish re-release of Traced in Air which they called Re-Traced. This was a completely new song tho, and not nearly as metal as normal.

tl;dr, Cynic is great.

Alice
June 26th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I've found a lot of good bands the last few days.

Faithful Darkness
VOyP6bg15rc
Human Error
zTxIgPc8BuY
Frozen Infinity
yYZ6lGu9ios
Cold Existance
E-z74oRcOG0

JP
June 26th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Cynic is a band I feel like I should have gotten into, but I can't seem to do so. I'm not big on their Focus album, I enjoyed Traced in Air, and their recent EP (Re-Traced) did nothing for me.

I did find joy in one of their side projects though, Aeon Spoke. It's not metal in the least bit, but it's some nice alternative rock and it does/did feature practically all the band members of Cynic.

groteske
June 26th, 2011, 05:34 PM
If you like Cynic, try Confessor.

Tyrantrum
June 28th, 2011, 12:08 PM
So many amazing albums out/coming out. :D

Of Mice & Men's and I Set My Friends On Fire's new albums are absolutely amazing. I think Suicide Silence has gotten a lot better too. Their new album is, also, absolutely amazing. BD

I can't wait until Chelsea Grin's new album. My Damnation and All Hail the Fallen King are awesome songs, and having Phil Bozeman of Whitechapel do guest vocals was a great idea. Two of the best deathcore vocalists together in a song. That just makes me soooo happy! <333

Gunn
July 9th, 2011, 04:53 AM
*determined to keep this thread alive*

Has anyone else ever seen or owned a MetalHammer magazine before? I picked up what I think was last month's issue and look at what I found. <3

http://i52.tinypic.com/zlrb53.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2ij6ma8.jpg

JP
July 9th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I'd go just for Gojira, as well as In Flames who I've seen before. They put on a good show, for suuuure.

Gunn
July 10th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Yeah, that's the only reason why I got it; for Gojira.
Um, I can't get into In Flames actually. They're melodeath right? Oh God, I just reminded myself how I pretended to like Bodom for a while.

uh, anyway, wanna recommend me an album of theirs?

Gold warehouse
July 10th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I'm not a big In Flames fan, but I hear a lot about Whoracle from the people who like In Flames earlier stuff, and then their three most recent albums for the fans of their newer sound (which imo is bordering onto pop metal). The only album of theirs I enjoy is their latest, but I'm not much of a metalhead so that's probably why I like it, hurr.

Anyway, for all you weirdos like me who enjoy industrial/black metal I recently discovered Spektr (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki6-gPY86n4) who I think are pretty good. I also found Reverence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGq-th0B2AU) who I don't like so much, but though I'd throw out there anyway.

And one for the hipsters, shoegaze influenced post-black metal, Hypomanie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwirQI37tkQ).

Katalyst
July 29th, 2011, 06:00 PM
This fell into inactivity.

I'm looking forward to Megadeth's new record, "TH1RT3EN", coming out this fall. The glimpse of "Never Dead" we got from the game's trailer and the song they have been performing live, "Public Enemy #1", seem to be good indicatives of what's coming.

Another band I kinda like is Children of Bodom. It's the only band with non-clean vocals that I can actually stand listening to (death or black metal aren't my thing, and just get the -core genres AWAY from me), maybe because the instrumental is so melodic. That Alexi Laiho guy is such an awesome guitarist. Their song "Downfall" got stuck in my head.

I'm also going to try some different bands. Maybe Machine Head? I like their song "Halo".

Houndour2005
July 30th, 2011, 03:28 AM
I just bought the latest MetalHammer where a promo CD was included.

My favorites are Pagan and Folk Metal.

MaNga from Turkey was in Eurovision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFWXTxaTI-Q

Weltenbrand from Liechtenstein.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SogwSImCirs

Burzum from Norway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzJ_UO17Xdg

Burzum was member in Mayhem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG8igwwi6cQ

Gold warehouse
July 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Oh now it's been bumped I have to post again...

Toxic Holocaust released a new album this month (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvwba0LEL1E), which I think is decent. Reminds me of old school thrash. Havok are also doing some thrash revival (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9oXtCcq6P8), their album Time is Up was released earlier this year, but they still need more exposure.

I discovered some old school industrial metal as well, Pitchshifter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiTPasDsI9M). I've heard their more recent stuff before and didn't care for it, but I think this is much better.

I'm also going to try some different bands. Maybe Machine Head? I like their song "Halo".If you like modern metal go for The Blackening; if you prefer old school start with their debut Burn My Eyes.

groteske
August 1st, 2011, 02:51 PM
Oh now it's been bumped I have to post again...

Toxic Holocaust released a new album this month (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvwba0LEL1E), which I think is decent. Reminds me of old school thrash. Havok are also doing some thrash revival (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9oXtCcq6P8), their album Time is Up was released earlier this year, but they still need more exposure.

Thanks for the tip, I haven't kept up with TH. Loved Evil Never Dies so I'll check out their newest.

You ought to look into the band Vindicator - MA page (http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Vindicator/53747) - they've got some great thrash and put on an even better live show. Definitely worth seeing if they come out your way. They're the only thrash group I've seen that wasn't some huge name and was actually really really decent.

keoni
August 3rd, 2011, 04:55 AM
Of Mice & Men's new album is one of my favorite things I've ever heard...
I want to get Attila's new one too...
I want Attack Attack's next album to be more like Last Breath and Pick A Side.
I'm excited for Woe, Is Me's new album.
I haven't listened to much of I Set My Friends On Fire's new album at all, but judging from their last album and the two songs I have heard from them, it seems like it's good.
Would That's Outrageous count? If so, I think if they had more songs like The New York Chainsaw Massacre...
If Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens count too, then I'd flip out for a collab between Vic Fluentes and Kellin Quinn.... New music from Pierce The Veil would be awesome too.
Alesana's second album(?), The Emptiness, is still beautiful after many, many, many, repeats.
I'm not exactly fond of Dream On, Dreamer's new songs with Rise, but the Hope EP was absolutely beautiful.
I like Memphis May Fire's album, The Hollow, but I feel that Between The Lies is even better.
The Bunny The Bear, Abandon All Ships, and Breath Carolina are really good... I want another album from AAS, since TBTB and Breath Carolina just came out with one....
I Am Abomination is really good too...

Shake
August 7th, 2011, 03:03 PM
My favorites are:
Avenged Sevenfold's first two albums Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and Waking the Fallen(metalcore)
The Facless (melo death)
All That Remains (metalcore)
As I Lay Dying (metalcore)
Mayhem (black metal)
Sigh (I don't know)
Slipknot (nu metal)
Mudvayne (nu metal/mathcore)
Slayer (thrash)
Death (death metal)

Stuff like that

Tyrantrum
August 7th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Of Mice & Men's new album is one of my favorite things I've ever heard...
I want to get Attila's new one too...
I want Attack Attack's next album to be more like Last Breath and Pick A Side.
I'm excited for Woe, Is Me's new album.
I haven't listened to much of I Set My Friends On Fire's new album at all, but judging from their last album and the two songs I have heard from them, it seems like it's good.
Would That's Outrageous count? If so, I think if they had more songs like The New York Chainsaw Massacre...
If Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens count too, then I'd flip out for a collab between Vic Fluentes and Kellin Quinn.... New music from Pierce The Veil would be awesome too.
Alesana's second album(?), The Emptiness, is still beautiful after many, many, many, repeats.
I'm not exactly fond of Dream On, Dreamer's new songs with Rise, but the Hope EP was absolutely beautiful.
I like Memphis May Fire's album, The Hollow, but I feel that Between The Lies is even better.
The Bunny The Bear, Abandon All Ships, and Breath Carolina are really good... I want another album from AAS, since TBTB and Breath Carolina just came out with one....
I Am Abomination is really good too...
Of Mice & Men's new album is amazing, Attila is freaking sick, Attack Attack!'s reissue is good, but I thought they were gonna redo all the vocals on the older songs, since Caleb is doing screams and cleans now, but they didn't. :\

Memphis May Fire is amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing who wins the vocal contest. Dream On, Dreamer is amazing, as well. I love the song Chapter: Desired Performance. :> Woe, Is Me is my favorite band! :D

ISMFOF and SLS are other great bands. :D I've never heard of The Bunny The Bear before, though... :\

I've been listening to Betraying the Martyrs a lot lately. Mostly the song Martyrs, because it's my favorite one.

JP
August 8th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I really liked Memphis May Fire's debut EP, but the stuff after that just didn't give me the same effect. :(

Houndour2005
August 8th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Varg interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ah8sEG9YGo&feature=related

keoni
August 8th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Of Mice & Men's new album is amazing, Attila is freaking sick, Attack Attack!'s reissue is good, but I thought they were gonna redo all the vocals on the older songs, since Caleb is doing screams and cleans now, but they didn't. :\

Memphis May Fire is amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing who wins the vocal contest. Dream On, Dreamer is amazing, as well. I love the song Chapter: Desired Performance. :> Woe, Is Me is my favorite band! :D

ISMFOF and SLS are other great bands. :D I've never heard of The Bunny The Bear before, though... :\

I've been listening to Betraying the Martyrs a lot lately. Mostly the song Martyrs, because it's my favorite one.
AAGGGGHHHH. I typed up this long paragraph thing like 12 hours ago and apparently it didn't post..
What I think I typed:

I'm thinking Payback from Atilla is better than their other song that they just released... I was hoping Caleb would do that for the reissue too, but it's not bad... Am I the only one who was confused as all hell by All Alone or something like that by them?

I personally think that the Between The Lies EP from Memphis May Fire is better than The Hollow from them, but I do think "The Abandoned" is their best song.. From Dream On, Dreamer, I personally prefer the song, "In August." It just kinda gives this like... Dreamy? Effect on the song... I'm still waiting for Woe, Is Me to put out their new album...

Umm... SLS? The Bunny The Bear is something I wouldn't have found out about if it wasn't for my friend showing me them... They have a few soft songs, but they're really a hit or miss kind of band....

I haven't listened to Betraying The Martyrs before, but I just listened to that song, Martyrs, and I must say... I'm thoroughly impressed.

Houndour2005
August 9th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Volxrock combines Volksmusik and Rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPDttsYjO08

keoni
August 10th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I COME BEARING HORRIFIC NEWS.
http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/exclusive_tyler_carter_leaves_woe_is_me

Arcticblast
August 10th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I've never heard of Woe Is Me but they're probably the type of music that would make me blow chunks at my computer.

Anyway, everybody here should check out Droid. They're groove metal meets metalcore which sounds like it would normally be a pile of @&*# but they're just amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqieWI_ytXU

Freddy Fazbear
August 15th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Metal. Ah, sweet, sweet metal. I'm kinda into death metal, black metal, etc, but I honestly like all its sub genres. Here are my favorite bands these days:
10. Anthrax
9. Iron Maiden
8. Children of Bodom
7. System of a Down
6. Megadeth
5. Underoath
4. Korn
3. Arch Enemy
2. My Dying Bride
1. Opeth

Espinight
August 15th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I really like metal, though the songs of the genre are usually hit or miss for me.
Big fan of Killswitch Engage (Metalcore).
I'm totally addicted to their songs This is Absolution, This is Goodbye, In A Dead World and their cover of Rio's Holy Diver.

Arcticblast
August 15th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Metal. Ah, sweet, sweet metal. I'm kinda into death metal, black metal, etc, but I honestly like all its sub genres. Here are my favorite bands these days:
10. Anthrax
9. Iron Maiden
8. Children of Bodom
7. System of a Down
6. Megadeth
5. Underoath
4. Korn
3. Arch Enemy
2. My Dying Bride
1. OpethGood bands.

I might be going to see Opeth on Halloween night. It'll be sick.

Freddy Fazbear
August 16th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Nice. I'm trying to get tickets to see them Oct 28. I just gotta convince my parents that it'll be fine...

LadyFaust
August 26th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Metalhead right here \m/
I'm mostly into power, gothic, symphonic and progressive metal with bits and pieces of other metal sub-genres mixed in.
Some faves: Rhapsody, Star One, Elvenking, Opeth, Kamelot, Helloween, Lord Vampyr, Blind Guardian, Avantasia, Turisas, Children of Bodom, Sons of Seasons, Devildriver, Paradise Lost, Cradle of Filth, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, etc.

Alinthea
August 30th, 2011, 02:09 PM
v/ZLboWkrSrVI
Mosh mosh mosh mosh mosh mosh! \m/*.*\m/

Did I mention this song was awesome?

JP
August 31st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Good bands.

Opeth on Halloween? That's god damn awesome timing right there. I wish I could be so lucky haha. Hope you enjoy it if you go.

Alinthea
August 31st, 2011, 11:41 AM
v/R0Ly2xTJY1g

Fabio's Daily Mosh Video.
Circles are an excellent band and this song shows you their wide range of styles they can do! :D

Katalyst
September 7th, 2011, 02:34 PM
This was released today as a single, just like the album's artwork and the track listing.

dSbaDB7m0IQ

Combined with the main riff of "Never Dead" that we could hear in the game's trailer... I have really high expectations for this album. I'm sure it will be awesome.

fango pango
September 11th, 2011, 02:11 AM
^ I saw megadeth play...i think that exact tune at sonisphere like 2 months back
Very good song :D
Can't wait for the album to be releassed

Gold warehouse
September 11th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I'm enjoying that new Megadeth song
Fabio I don't even need to say anything to you you already know lmao

Just posting something I recently found; it's good, I don't love it, but I like to share everything I find.
v/4HC3nLsXhLo

(Lugia)
September 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Disturbed has to be my favorite metal band. Their song The Animal is awesome.

Gunn
September 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Anyone planning to see Judas Priest on their farewell tour (or has anyone been to it yet)? They're hitting up my city in October. I'm going to take up this opportunity in anyway that I can. I've never seen them live so .. yeah. Dates are here (http://judaspriest.com/tour/default.ASP).

Turbo Lover has been stuck in my head for the longest time now. >-<

DarkAlucard
September 11th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Metal is my life!!!
These are my ten favorite bands of metal and its subgenres:
10. Black Sabbath
9. Led Zepellin
8. As I Lay Dying
7. AC/DC
6. Avenged Sevenfold
5. Startovarius
4. Mötorhead
3. Killswitch Engage
2. System of a Down
1. Who else? IRON MAIDEN lmlr

JP
September 12th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Just posting something I recently found; it's good, I don't love it, but I like to share everything I find.
v/4HC3nLsXhLo

I absolutely love all the material Ghost Brigade releases. I've been following those guys since their demo days, awesome to see how much praise they've received since their first album!

Has anyone checked out some of the recent...urr... leaked albums by Dream Theater and Opeth? Dream Theater's sounds great, Opeth on the other hand is rather disappointing. :(

Nardster
September 12th, 2011, 06:40 PM
It seems like power metal is getting no love on here. Anyway, I've been listening to a lot of American power metal, which is actually quite different fro European power metal stylistically. Some good bands: Omen, Virgin Steele, Theocracy, Kamelot, Jag Panzer, Demons & Wizards, Cellador, Dark Empire, and Brocas Helm.

JP
September 13th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Kamelot is about the only thing in Power Metal that I enjoy. :P

Evilade
September 14th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Well I've gotta say that Megadeth is probably my favourite band of all time. I celebrated Dave Mustaine's 50th yesterday by listening to all eight of my favourite Megadeth albums. And Risk. I also enjoy other thrash like Antrax from time to time.

I love Death Metal too, especially the gory stuff. Massive fan of Cannibal Corpse.

But anyways I can't really describe my taste so here are all the bands I find myself listening to the most:

Megadeth
Cannibal Corpse
System of a Down
Avenged Sevenfold
Dethklok
Coheed & Cambria (not strictly metal, but I love 'em)
Here Comes The Kraken
iwrestledabearonce
Psychostick
Amon Amarth
Powerglove
Waking the Cadaver

If you haven't heard from one of these I thoroughly recommend you check 'em out. Except Waking the Cadaver - you'll hate 'em.

Squirrel
September 17th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Absolutely LOVE metal! Favourites are A7x, Slipknot, Bullet, Preist, Maiden, SOAD, Megadeath, Disturbed, Omen, Sabbath, Opeth, Stone Sour, Bodom, gahhh sooo many! Seen most of these live and the ones I haven't I can't wait to go see! Last concert was Slipknot at Sonisphere and got Opeth and Preist coming up again soon, going to be amazing.

Gunn
September 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Megadeath

-a

Pet peeve of mine.

Random thing today: Listening to Bolt Thrower is not a good idea while driving.

Tyrantrum
October 13th, 2011, 12:33 AM
v/ZLboWkrSrVI
Mosh mosh mosh mosh mosh mosh! \m/*.*\m/

Did I mention this song was awesome?
I just watched this the other day when I saw it in "recommended videos" while watching other music videos. XD

I've been into this song for a few days, now:

v/S6f_DHCrDXE

dozo
October 14th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I used to be really into metal when I was younger, but I've grown older and mellowed out quite a bit. I never really could stand the screaming and growls though.
But Acid Bath and Electric Wizard and Serpentcult will always be some of my favorite bands.