PDA

View Full Version : Posting replies.

Shadow_Angel
May 21st, 2011, 12:46 PM
Whenever I try to post a reply, it takes a while and then says time-out, yet when I scroll down i see my post.
Thing is, whenever i post a quick reply it takes a while to reply, and I want it fixed; it's been going on for a while now.

Team Fail
May 21st, 2011, 12:48 PM
Whenever I try to post a reply, it takes a while and then says time-out, yet when I scroll down i see my post.
Thing is, whenever i post a quick reply it takes a while to reply, and I want it fixed; it's been going on for a while now.

The forums have been a little slow lately, and it would be rather difficult to fix. It's slow for me too, but it's like that for everyone. That's why you may see mods and up have an accidental double-post.

Lily
May 21st, 2011, 12:53 PM
It's like that for everyone, right now. D:

Shadow_Angel
May 22nd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Ah... well, thanks for letting me know, I thought I was the only one.

BlooMilk C.
May 22nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
The best thing to do for now is just using quotes. It has the same exact effect, but the reply button does the quote for you. You just type
[ QUOTE="username_of_the_person_here"](without the space) some or all of the text that they said here[/QUOTE]

This should be done until it's fixed for you :D

donavannj
May 22nd, 2011, 11:00 AM
The best thing to do for now is just using quotes. It has the same exact effect, but the reply button does the quote for you. You just type
[ QUOTE="username_of_the_person_here"](without the space) some or all of the text that they said here

This should be done until it's fixed for you :D[/QUOTE]

EDIT: This brings you to the exact same editor as Post Reply does, so there's no advantage to unnecessarily quoting someone.

Rukario
May 22nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
actually using the reply instead of quick reply should work fine.. the QR using ajax javascript and that is likely where the problem is for most slower users. the full reply doesn't use javascript to send its reply.