PDA

View Full Version : Christmas/Winter Holiday Planning/Discussion Thread

Shadow
November 25th, 2003, 02:05 PM
It's the
1st Annual Pokemon Community Christmas/Winter Holiday Party

Well I couldn't wait until Friday to make this, (all my patience is being used up by upcoming video games and waiting for other things) so here we are!

No matter what holiday you celebrate this time of year, we are all here to celebrate and have fun!

This thread is to plan festivities for this celebration.

Already planned activites (*innocent look* they weren't stolen from the Halloween party...)

-Best Holiday sig/avatar contest
-various holiday polls
-stuff

Possible activities:

-Holiday cross-over fan-fic thing
-Secret Santa RP

There is also a Christmas Fan-Art contest, but I am not assiociated with it in any way.

Well we have all December to come up with ideas and remember, just have fun. This is just a planning and discussion thread and the party itself will start Friday December 19.

1st Annual Pokemon Community Christmas/Winter Holiday Party and all of its events are trademarks of Shadow Inc.
Shadow Inc. and all of its subdivisions are copyright of Rocket Seviper Shadow.
Rocket Seviper Shadow patent pending.
The above 4 lines are not really true, they were jsut put tehre to make it look more professional...

Kayleigh
November 25th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Yay, another party! ~\(^_^)/~ I'll help with this one too, if that's okay.*runs off to look for.. eh, another new avatar*

Frostweaver
November 25th, 2003, 05:44 PM
wow... is PC really starting a lot of parties...

dang it... now i have to spend my hard-earn money again on presents... *counts PC members*... err... is it ok if I just give cheap cheap presents? Too poor to afford something good... >_<

What's a christmas holiday without snow... come here and celebrate together in Edmonton! Come with presents! XD

StarLightUmbreon
November 25th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Cool a holiday party. I will have to go make pics for my avatar and banner.
Sound like this is going ot be fun.

Kayleigh
November 25th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Hee, I dunno what I'll give everyone for Christmas. I've never heard of virtual gifts. I did find this neat recipe in a magazine to make a Christmas tree cake, and it looked good, and it was pretty. ^_^g I think I'll make two this year, and give one to my mom and one to my grandparents. But anyways.. What kinds of contests do you think we could have?

Haruka
November 25th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Thank Goodness it's not on the .... NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Winter Consert??? Wait... Thats on Tuesday... Maybe...

Soph
November 25th, 2003, 08:31 PM
teehee. this thread dont apply to meeee!

its summer here in australia next month and today is my last day of school for the year. i am off and free for 2 and a half months....wooohOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kayleigh
November 26th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Lucky!!!!! It's still autumn here, and my birthday's passed and it's freezing cold outside! o_o; *shivers* And it's only just begun.

There was a Christmas Concert? You mean virtual singing? O_o And I thought presents was a funny idea, lol. But, it'll probably be interesting.

Phantom Angel
November 26th, 2003, 03:01 AM
Party?
Hmm...*click*
Nice idea, maybe...
Shouldn't party go to role play?
Hmm...
*moved*
If I am wrong, sorry.

Kayleigh
November 26th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Well, I don't think... Vito's Halloween Party Discussion got to stay in Other Chat. And see, there's already a role playing thread specifically for this party.. I think, so I'm pretty sure this would belong in Other Chat best. Eh, ah well. Kairi could tell you for sure. ^_^;

Phantom Angel
November 26th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Okay, it was very fun to move the topic back and forward. <_<;
*moved*

Shadow
November 26th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Don't feel alone Pharaoh, Dakota did the same thing to Vito's party's chain story because he wasn't around when Steve OK'ed putting a fan-fic in Other Chat.

*reads above posts*
Kayleigh I think Haruka was talking about a real concert but it might be an idea to find a site with Christmas Carols or something...
And Soph it's Winter Holiday not just winter. That means Christmas, Kwanzaa, etc. So this thread applies to you! *maniacal laughter*

Uhhh I forgot all your presents.
*runs off to do last minute shopping*

Greed
November 26th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Oooh! *takes out a turkey and throws it to Kayleigh*

Kayleigh: Cartoon, but the party's not until a holiday! O_o;;

CaRtOON: Oops ^^; Anyways, off to the presents! *goes to Wal-Mart*

*gets stabbed by evil shoppers*

Kayleigh
November 26th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Lol. :P *runs off to stick the turkey in her refridgerator for thanksgiving*

Hmm... I dunno what to give. *hides all of her candy from Halloween* o.o Uhh.. pictures? Yeah. I'll draw pictures.

Hiroshi Sotomura
November 26th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Shadow you didn't tell me it happened already...
Let's get into planning then.
A fanfiction would be great! Just like the ol' Halloween story.
I'll probably start a Pokmon Community Easter Challenge.

Oh oh! I know! Let this party have a trivia challenge!

Kayleigh
November 27th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Yeah! My family usually does that on holidays. ^_^ Everyone can be thinking of questions to submit. Oh yeah, and Happy Thanksgiving, and.. Happy Early Thanksgiving for those from Australia, and where ever else the seasons are different. XD

Shingo`
November 29th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Suggestion: Make holiday stuff and take pics of it and post it here (hehe)

Kayleigh
November 29th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Ooh, that's a good idea. ^_^ Maybe once our house is decorated and stuff, I'll take some instant pics with my Polaroid and scan them. But I need to buy film first.. o_o; Also, my cousin and I will be making lots of different Christmas cakes and stuff, so I could probably take some pictures of them too.

And another thing, I'm done with my avatar! I haven't decided if I'm using it, or if I'll use this other one that I found, though. And another thing, (o_Olll) are we going to do a role playing thread, or not?

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 2nd, 2003, 01:14 PM
Can I create the chain story?

Shadow
December 2nd, 2003, 01:21 PM
Vito:Sure, as long as Ash and friends are in Hoenn this time so they know my character hehehe. And also about your trivia challenge idea, what kind of trivia could we include? BTW what does your sig say?

Kayleigh: If people want to do it then yeah, of course. And nice avatar.

Shingo: Good idea, I wonder if I could borrow my parents' digital camera...

Kayleigh
December 2nd, 2003, 02:16 PM
(Thank you! ^_^;)

On Thanksgiving, my grandfather made everyone take this quiz on 'How Much Do You Know About Turkeys?' and it was really hard. o_o My grandmother and I both missed 13 questions! I could probably find some similiar Christmas quizzes, and let everyone see if they know the answer. Then we can post them up, and there could be some kind of award/prize for whoever gets the most right answers. ^_^

Kayleigh
December 2nd, 2003, 03:20 PM
I hate to double post, but I needed to say this. I found some good questions for the Trivia, and I was wondering if I needed to go ahead and post it up now? If not then I'll save them for when the party starts. ^_^

punkie90
December 2nd, 2003, 03:56 PM
Kayleigh, I wish my family was like yours having a bunch or fun on the holidays!

Shingo`
December 2nd, 2003, 04:33 PM
I'm sending games to my friends for christmas :P

Which tree do you think I should buy? Think this one will do?
See attachment.
--> I love buying trees online :P

Kayleigh
December 2nd, 2003, 04:33 PM
Really? Well, I guess my family is a lot of fun! ^_^ We do all kinds of things during the holidays. What about y'all?

<EDIT> I like that one! It's a very lovely tree. ^_^ I'd choose it.

Yami NiCk
December 2nd, 2003, 04:37 PM
Now that my two annoying stepsisters are leaving for a week during Christmas vacation, I can live a holiday in peace.

Shingo`
December 2nd, 2003, 04:38 PM
Picture it in snow, gleaming with lights.
*imagination short-circuits*
Hmm I need to replace my imagination bulb.

Kayleigh
December 2nd, 2003, 04:41 PM
Lol. ^_^ Be sure to post a picture of it once you're done, if you take one! I'd like to see how it turns out looking. And I might could post a picture of ours too...

Shingo`
December 2nd, 2003, 04:49 PM
Why don't you try looking for my house on christmas eve? It'll be the brightest ever (if you make a mistake and people ask "Who are you!?" then don't blame me) XD
----
I'm decorating it on Christmas Eve. Don't get jumpy.

Kayleigh
December 2nd, 2003, 04:59 PM
Lol, I think I'll pass on searching for a house. XD There's already one nearby where this older man lives, and every single year he adds a new decoration to his collection. You should see it, he must have over a thousand decorations in his yard!!!!! O_O If my mom doesn't mind driving me there, I could take a picture and prove it. It's really quite amazing...

Shingo`
December 2nd, 2003, 05:11 PM
Kayleigh, how come you're active in this thread and in the funny/embarassing thread?
--
Not necessary. I've got a neighbor that calls over assistants to turn his house into a glowing blob.
Last time I saw him, he was on the phone with the power company complaining about "I'm not using excessive power."

Frostweaver
December 2nd, 2003, 05:29 PM
Kayleigh, how come you're active in this thread and in the funny/embarassing thread?
--
Not necessary. I've got a neighbor that calls over assistants to turn his house into a glowing blob.
Last time I saw him, he was on the phone with the power company complaining about "I'm not using excessive power."

lol... it's fun to look at those houses with tons of decorations. They are beautiful too ^_^

There's a street called Candycane street in Edmonton. A while back then (before the street is renamed to candycane street), all the people who lives on the street puts on a lot of decorations on their freewill, and surprisingly it attracts plenty of other Edmontonians to visit the street to enjoy the happy christmas atmosphere. Now the municipal government pays all of the residents in Candycane street, "ordering them" to improve their decorations every year.

Shingo`
December 2nd, 2003, 05:36 PM
So now we're bragging about places with huge decor?
LOL XD J/K *belch*

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 2nd, 2003, 10:28 PM
Shadow: My signature says My favourite subject is Maths, english (as a native language) and Japanese.

Guess what it says now.

Frostweaver
December 2nd, 2003, 11:03 PM
well... i guess it's Merry Christmas? (i better be right... XD)

but sad news... seems like I'm going to spend my christmas preparing for Social Debate o.o;
But i don't want to work in Christmas... i don't want to...

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 3rd, 2003, 03:02 AM
I updated my signature image. Who likes it?

Kayleigh
December 3rd, 2003, 08:28 AM
It's cool! ^_^ I've got to find one.

--
Umm.. well, the Funny/Embarrassing stories thread is mine, and I post there a lot because I'm a huge klutz and I've got a ton of embarrassing stories. ._." About here... I just like helping with these kinds of parties. =D

Shingo`
December 3rd, 2003, 02:29 PM
Nice. Anyone have more christmas pics? I'm deprived of them.

Shadow
December 4th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Well we are decorating the tree and we only have lights and garland so far (we're waiting for my mother to return home to put the ornaments on) and my father has a picture with the tree with only lights and lights and garland but he hasn't uploaded them from the digital camera yet.

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 5th, 2003, 03:17 AM
We don't get snow in this area. You could say the opposite hemisphere and the mountains here (no intentional rhyme) hold the key to snow play.

By the way, places are open for hosts for thesde events in 2004 and 2005:
Pokmon Community Christmas and Winter Holiday 2004
Pokmon Community Halloween Party 2005
Pokmon Community Christmas and Winter Holiday 2005

And I'll be doing the following events in 2004:
Pokmon Community Halloween Party 2004
Pokmon Community 2nd Anniversary Get Together

Kayleigh
December 5th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Alright, I would like to host a Valentine's Party, though. (MUAHAHA!) There's already a thread about it, and atleast having that sort of party would give more reason to the pair-ups, etc. ^_^; Unless somebody was already planning on doing it, but I haven't heard any such news.

Any other type of holidays that can require a party?

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 5th, 2003, 07:14 PM
So we've got those events, what should be next?

Kayleigh
December 6th, 2003, 08:05 AM
What about a New Years Eve party? Sort of like a Get-Together. ^_^;

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 6th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Well, that'll be put into the Christmas announcement coming up.

Shadow
December 8th, 2003, 01:02 PM
We need to keep this on page 1. Gold Raikou already tried to start his own party...

I need to make a time for this... How about:
December 24 5:00 PM - December 26 1:00 AM (All times EST)
for the party itself? Those times fine with everyone?

We'll open the chain story and contests on the 19th though...

Kayleigh
December 12th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Well.. Since Christmas is probably the biggest holiday of the year, (besides my birthday.. ;P) most of my family comes to visit and so I might not have much computer time. ._. Do you think the party could be extended just a bit longer so that I could attend? I'm not certain that I wouldn't be able to come on exactly on Christmas, but.. I doubt it. =\

Shadow
December 12th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Do you want it extended as in started earlier, ended later or both?

Earlier start time would be about: December 22/23 4-5 PM
Later ending time woud be about: December 26 8/9 PM or December 27 1AM

Kayleigh
December 12th, 2003, 02:09 PM
It really doesn't matter to me. ^_^; Maybe just adding a few hours so that I may come on would be good, but keep the date on Christmas Eve/Christmas. It would seem more like a Christmas party then! ;P

Shadow
December 12th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Is
December 24 3:00 PM - December 26 2:00PM (All times EST)
OK?

Kayleigh
December 12th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Perfect! ^_^ I'll be able to come then, I'm sure.. Thanks for changing the time!