PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: "Hide disabled signature"

Team Fail
May 24th, 2011, 07:05 PM
We all know the tags that lock our signatures, correct? These ones:

[sig-reason=No Youtube videos allowed]p39SVMUJEG8
Example Signature. 'kay?[/sig-reason][css-div="clear:left"][/css-div]

It can be opened so that you can see what was in the signature, even if it is a huuuuge image or a Youtube video, like in the above demo. But, why can't you close what was opened? Would it be possible to add a bit to it so you can close a signature that you opened?
Man, Those CSS tags are useful. It was sinking into my signature. xD

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 25th, 2011, 06:28 AM
I honestly cannot think of an instance where you'd need to see a disabled signature much less close it once you've seen it.

When redesigning it, I thought about it. I came to the above conclusion.

Alternative
May 25th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I think the whole point of this suggestion is that some people (myself included) are curious as to seeing what this disabled signature contains. But sometimes it stretches the page or something, and sure you can reload the page, but a hiding feature would be nice. :)

So basically, I support this idea. :D

cbd98
May 25th, 2011, 10:09 AM
i agree with alternative. i've seen signatures that stretch like 5 posts worth. i'd really like the ability to close them.

Lost Heart
May 25th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I agree with this idea. I know that every time I see a disabled signature, I have to look inside. So, It gets annoying when it stretches the page or messes up some formatting.

Vrai
May 26th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Well... it's technically your fault for opening the signature when it was closed up anyway. If you're so bothered by how huge they get then just don't open them in the first place! There's no need for a close-up button, imo. :(