PDA

View Full Version : *tweet* ☆ The Twitter Fanclub

Alternative
May 24th, 2011, 07:45 PM
http://oaklandliving.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/twitter_logo.png
*tweet* ☆ The Twitter Fanclub
This is the Twitter fanclub, for those who like to use twitter for any reason. Whether it be just posting random things here and there, talking with friends quickly and efficiently, or just stalking a bunch of celebrities for the fun of it. Whatever your reason, you're welcome to join the Twitter fanclub! :D

Rules:
☆ One must always follow PokéCommunity Rules, as well as Other Clubs rules.
☆ Please refrain from swearing, or any offensive language here please.
☆ Try to keep all conversation to Twitter, or anything to do with it. This includes, but isn't limited to people you follow, and different twitter applications.
☆ Have fun here at the Twitter fanclub!

Members:
If you want to become a member, you don't have to, but it'd be wise to post with your Twitter account as well.

☆ Alternative [@Alternoob]
☆ Hybrid Trainer [@HybridTrainer]
☆ zappyspiker [@Zcyler]
☆ Xyrin [@kingfurret]
☆ TheSmartOne [@EternallyAnna]
☆ Charizard★ [@CharryStar]
☆ Meganium90 [@TwilightSpark1]
☆ Buoysel [@Sonerand]
☆ BlooMilk C. [@Milkdroid]
☆ aRedMoon [@aredmoon]
☆ Zeffy [@zeffydood]
☆ zZJoennZz [@zZJoennZz]
☆ Pokemon Trainer Touko [@ToukoKelsey]
☆ Sammyskitty [@Sammyskitty]
☆ YungKnowledge [@Knowledge931]
☆ Lightning [@Cherrim]
☆ Hikari10 [@Hikari10Girl]
☆ Yo Face Here [@YourFaceIsThere]
☆ hiinotama [@hiinotama]
☆ Razor Leaf [@iaintgotachance]
☆ ~Kawaii~ [@MeepingItUp]
☆ Suicune™ [@itsJoez]
☆ miju-kun [@derpyghost]
☆ Karpman [@LachlanKarpman]
☆ Zet [@zetnetroc]
☆ Team Fail [@teamfail]

Discussion topics:
Why do you use Twitter?

Hybrid Trainer
June 2nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
I'll join! I'm @HybridTrainer

I mostly use twitter because its known for having a single person post a lot rather than facebook which people moan about if you post more than once each day ¬.¬

zappyspiker
June 2nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Why did I not see this earlier, Definitely joining? I absolutely love twitter!

☆ zappyspiker [@Zcyler]

Discussion topics:
Why do you use Twitter?

I don't know to be honest. I like hearing what people are up to. Plus for a friend of mine it's like free text XD

bcause once i had seen on facebook super why was now on twitter

Completely did not make sense :/

Xyrin
June 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
☆ Xyrin [@xyrin]

I joined twitter because I tweet spam. :D

Anna
June 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
SO IN <3

☆ TheSmartOne [@MissSmartsies]

I use twitter because... I don't know tbh. It's fun when I hook it up to my phone because I have unlimited texting and then can just tweet about whatever is happening. I can vent or flip out or be super excited and nobody minds unless I'm spamming up timelines something awful. ^^; I can keep in touch with all my online friends easier since I'm out and about most of the time. It's just fabulous~

y do u use twitter
bcause once i had seen on facebook super why was now on twitter
Facebook is boring. All the accessories get in the way of function.

zappyspiker
June 2nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
Facebook is boring. All the accessories get in the way of function.

I only use Facebook for real life friends really close forum friends. Twitter is usually for my online friends and randoms XD

And it's nice being able to do this:

I can vent or flip out or be super excited and nobody minds unless I'm spamming up timelines something awful

Without my RL friends knowing

Naruto Uzumaki
June 2nd, 2011, 02:08 PM
☆ Charizard★ [@NocturneAlley]

Why do you use Twitter?

It lets me keep in touch with my PC friends, because I don't have them on Facebook. Plus, it updates me on everything I follow. (Stores, teams, artists, etc.)

Denny Hamlin
June 2nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
Oooo a twitter fanclub! I love twitter so much. Awesome! I am sooo joining. :)

☆Meganium90 [@Misdreavus9]

Why do you use Twitter?
I use twitter to keep in touch with online forums, not just on PC but other sites as well. It's also a place where I want to get things out of my mind, and where my mind speaks for itself. xD

Buoysel
June 2nd, 2011, 03:08 PM
@Sonerand

I'm so joining this club. I use twitter to say anything that is on my mind and to assist the ferret world take over.

Meganium90 is the one who got me to join, and now I'm in love with twitter, its so fun, I like to put random funny stuff, or photos of things I see.

Alternative
June 2nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
I updated everyone. :D

Anyway, I think one reason why I like to use Twitter is because it's something where I can rant, or do anything and tell people what I'm doing without spamming Facebook, in which I would probably be flamed into oblivion if I mentioned anything which I would usually mention on Twitter. It also means I can follow people and see what they're doing, and their obsessions with World of Warcraft or something. :P

What do you tweet about?

Hybrid Trainer
June 2nd, 2011, 04:43 PM
I tweet about anything really xD
Most of it is random gibberish but some times it can be small rants about random crap that bugs me. I'd also like to twitpic stuff but my damned limited data plan would probably crash and die if i tried uploading a picture through my 3G xD damn you orange!

zappyspiker
June 2nd, 2011, 05:07 PM
I updated everyone. :D
What do you tweet about?

Idk exactly but I tweet just about anything. Don't know why but I usually vent out about school.

BlooMilk C.
June 2nd, 2011, 05:28 PM
☆BlooMilk C. [@Milkdroid]

Why do you use Twitter?
I use Twitter because I have nothing better to do with my life other than rant on Twitter about things I'm doing, emotions, things I think are funny, and random song lyrics. Seriosuly, sometimes I have nothing to tweet about because I have no life. I also talk to people from PC, and I get to stalk Gerard Way, Frank Iero, Mikey Way, and Ray Toro. These are some reasons why I love it :)

aRedMoon
June 2nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
I am... @aredmoon (gasp)

I love twitter. It's such a great resource for just random stuff. I love getting links from people, and just stalking random fun people.

It's also a ~great~ way to talk to people when I don't have my computer. They can just @reply me and I can get right back to 'em :)

Denny Hamlin
June 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
What do you tweet about?

I tweet about the following: what's on my mind, the weather, Pokemon, school, what I'm watching, what I'm reading, what I'm actually doing, umm...pretty much EVERYTHING. lol

Zeffy
June 2nd, 2011, 06:22 PM
@ZeffyDood

I use Twitter because I want to. And its a place I can pour out my opinions and whine about everything I don't like. Something like a public diary, I suppose.

Alternative
June 2nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
Yeah Twitter's great. I mainly use Twitter for tweeting with other people, PC friends, gaming news, Pokemon, Glee, and other things as well if you like all that stuff. I kinda mentioned it in my profile description thing all the things I will generally tweet about.

zZJoennZz
June 4th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Joining, I'm @zZJoennZz
Why do you use Twitter?
At first for promotion but I changed my mind so I made it to be my personal use like what I'm doing or other stuff.

Buoysel
June 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM
What do you tweet about?

My life, anything I find funny, or random thoughts.

Anna
June 4th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I tweet about anything that comes to mind. Usually I tend to complain about things. ^^;

Pokemon Trainer Touko
June 4th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Joining~! :D

☆ Pokemon Trainer Touko [@ToukoKelsey]

What do you tweet about?
I tweet about Pokémon, school and other random stuff. :>

Alternative
June 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM
So I updated the list with all the new people to the club, so welcome all you new twitterers (is that even a word?), and just for fun, I thought I'd follow everyone who is a part of this group, so I'll probably reply to y'all a lot now. :D

Roxanne Rosie
June 4th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Hey, I'll join. I'm @Sammyskitty

Why do you use Twitter?
It allows the spammage and the stalkerage that Facebook doesn't have and I like that. Not to mention that I also hate Facebook.

What do you tweet about?
Basically everything that is going on in my mind.

YungKnowledge
June 4th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I'll join @Knowledge931

Why I use twitter?
I use it to keep up with tech news and gaming news. I keep in touch with two of my older cousins with it also.

What do you tweet?
Just the most random things I think about.

Cherrim
June 5th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Alright, gotta join this. I'm @Cherrim on twitter. :D

Why do you use Twitter?
Twitter is essentially my Facebook. I'm almost always on it (it's the main reason I wanted a smartphone with 3G :x) and it's filled with both online and offline (IRL) friends. It's quick and easy to keep up with everyone and if I need to contact someone, I know in my groups that it's much faster to @ them than it is to email or catch on MSN. I've been using it actively since 2007 so I'm pretty hooked.

What do you tweet about?
I... tend to tweet about whatever I'm doing. I can get kind of annoying if I'm obsessed with something and have no one else to talk to about it. xD; Mostly my tweets are fandom-related, with a bit of RL "what i'm up to" sprinkled in. So expect a lot of fangirling if you add me. u_u;

Hikamaru
June 5th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Can I join? My Twitter username: @Hikari10Girl

Why do you use Twitter?
I use Twitter cos it's fun and many TV shows use it.

What do you tweet about?
I often tweet about politics, sport and comedy. I love satirical comedy.

Alternative
June 5th, 2011, 06:55 PM
What do you tweet about?
I... tend to tweet about whatever I'm doing. I can get kind of annoying if I'm obsessed with something and have no one else to talk to about it. xD; Mostly my tweets are fandom-related, with a bit of RL "what i'm up to" sprinkled in. So expect a lot of fangirling if you add me. u_u;
Such as... making Eggplant Cherubi? :P I'll update the list.

Do you use any special Twitter applications?

Cherrim
June 5th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Do not underestimate eggplant Cherubi. :D

I use MetroTwit on my computer. Been using it for a few weeks now and I love it. On my phone, I use TweetDeck and I like it even more, but it doesn't work the same way on the computer as it does on my phone, so oh well.

aRedMoon
June 5th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I have in the past, but never like them all that much. I stick with the good ole #NewTwitter

:)

Zeffy
June 5th, 2011, 08:12 PM
i don't think I've ever used any twitter applications. besides, how hard is it to type "twitter.com" and log in when your surfing the internet anyways? not that hard imo.

Denny Hamlin
June 5th, 2011, 08:24 PM

When I had my Android phone I used TweetCaster. It was the best Android twitter app out there and I always recommend this app to my friends. On the computer, however, I used to like TweetDeck, but the whole "twitter API" thing made it less fun. So I stuck with the web instead until I find a more decent application.

Team Fail
June 5th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I don't have a smartphone, or any cell phone for that matter, so I couldn't even if I want to.

I'm joining this. I have a Twitter (@TeamFail) that I use every now and then.

Alternative
June 5th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Zeffy, the whole point of the apps is that you don't have to do that, and it makes life so much easier. Most of the time with apps also you only log in once and never have to log in again, which is always helpful. :)

Anyway, right now I'm using Echofon for Firefox. It's a great application and plug-in if you ask me. It's quick, easy and I can shorten links easily, which I learntonly a couple of days ago which I can do. Now that's always handy, especially when I'm trying to shorten huge links which I want to share with everyone. :D

Hybrid Trainer
June 6th, 2011, 12:51 AM

I use the twitter app on my android phone for anything special like seeing what tweet got a reply thingy too. But mostly for viewing them on my phone i use Motoblur because its synced with my facebook feed and for actually tweeting i use the Motblur status update widget because it does both my facebook and twitter at the same time.

But on my computer i just have twitter bookmarked xD

Zeffy
June 6th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Zeffy, the whole point of the apps is that you don't have to do that, and it makes life so much easier. Most of the time with apps also you only log in once and never have to log in again, which is always helpful. :)

Anyway, right now I'm using Echofon for Firefox. It's a great application and plug-in if you ask me. It's quick, easy and I can shorten links easily, which I learntonly a couple of days ago which I can do. Now that's always handy, especially when I'm trying to shorten huge links which I want to share with everyone. :D
well I'm a caveman so idc about apps tbh. i only use twitter when i have nothing else to do anyways.

zappyspiker
June 6th, 2011, 01:01 AM
and just for fun, I thought I'd follow everyone who is a part of this group, so I'll probably reply to y'all a lot now. :D

You know that's not such a bad idea, I'm gonna do that too! So many people joining!

I just have an app on my ipod and bookmarked it on my computers and phone. Other than that I often see my friend's pictures on Twitpic but I don't actually use it.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
June 9th, 2011, 12:29 AM

I use Twitter on my phone occasionally but other than that... no. XD

moments.
June 13th, 2011, 06:08 AM
I just made a Twitter, so might as well post it here!
@moomentz

I made it basically so I can follow my favourite Youtubers and have an avenue to communicate with people I only know over the internet, (I can keep Facebook for my real life friends). :D

Alternative
June 13th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Brb, following you Massimo. :]
Yeah, Twitter is great! I mainly use it for anyone who uses it, since none of my irl friends use it except for like, 3 of them lol. It's good to keep in contact with internet friends who have no relevance to you whatsoever, from forums or anything. :3

Have you ever been tweeted to by some kind of celebrity?

zappyspiker
June 13th, 2011, 11:35 AM
One of the bands I follow (Varsity Fanclub) replied back to me and Jordan Jansen (Singer) Retweeted one of my messages and they both started following me! Also Adam Hicks (Actor) DMed me.

Alternative
June 13th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I remember once being tweeted to, or about by Notch, one of the main people behind Minecraft, which I thought was really cool. I didn't even know about it before then. I was also tweeted to once b Bajo, a presenter on a game review show I like to watch.

Cherrim
June 15th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Not really. :[ I've been tweeted to by some Youtubers I follow or webmasters of sites I visit but they aren't even big names. xD; And had a conversation with @SEGA like two years ago about smilies. Not sure if any of those count though. :P

Xyrin
June 15th, 2011, 01:22 PM

I use Tweetdeck for iPod and for chrome. I love it for chrome because I have it so it opens when i start up chrome and it whenever somebody i follow tweets it pops up in the corner of my screen right when they do it.

Nope. Not at all. ;-;

Alternative
June 17th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Gonna liven this up quickle. :)

Do you prefer Twitter over other social networking programs?

I do prefer Twitter over the other programs. There's just something about it which just makes it so much easier to access than Facebook and the like. It's also a lot better to use Twitter just to do stuff with moreso internet friends, and not worry about anyone that I know irl knowing things which I tend to reveal online, because they all hate it or something.

zappyspiker
June 17th, 2011, 11:35 PM

To be honest I'm quite equal between Facebook and Twitter. I like twitter to keep up with people I like following and Facebook is good especially in terms of school friends and uploading my photos. Apart from Facebook I do like twitter compared to other networking sites like myspace and tumblr (Tumblr is ok but I prefer twitter)

Denny Hamlin
June 17th, 2011, 11:45 PM

Since Twitter became popular. I've been using Facebook less and less, but I haven't stood away from it though. Yes, I do prefer Twitter over other social media. I prefer simplicity over complex.

Cherrim
June 18th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Most of my online friends are on twitter and most of my offline friends are on twitter. The people I have on Facebook, I'm not all that close with. I can only think of one really good (offline) friend who won't get a twitter and only uses Facebook. :/ So I have no reason to use any other social networking sites. (To be honest, FB actually confuses the hell out of me. It's only recently, when I started using Tweetdeck on my phone to check FB, that it was simplified enough for me to bother with it. :P)

Alternative
June 18th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I don't find Facebook all that confusing, but Twitter does have the element of simplicity to it which is always nice. I only really use facebook nowadays to just see what offline friends are up to, which is either spamming those stupid games on there or complaining about something. "/

aRedMoon
June 19th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Have you ever been tweeted to by some kind of celebrity?I've had conversations with companies (:

Let's see what I can find/remember :D

AMC Theatres (https://twitter.com/#!/AMCTheatres/status/76474148678930432), Borders (https://twitter.com/#!/Borders/status/51028515348430848) (I've talked (https://twitter.com/#!/Borders/status/48082116373774336) with them multiple times), Peach Tree Publishers (https://twitter.com/#!/PeachtreePub/status/45150996917268480), Kohl's (https://twitter.com/#!/Kohls_Official/status/37236456460132352) (who I work for!!)

Heidi Kling (https://twitter.com/#!/HeidiRKling) is really cool too. Author (:

It only lets me go back to October, so I can't find anymore :( I think I've been tweeted by Michelle Branch at one point... and both Greyson Chance and Justin Bieber follow me.

Oh, and Hipira-kun (https://twitter.com/#!/hipira_kun) said he'd suck my blood :-D

I've talked to T-Mobile about their service in my area...

Also, I was unaware that T-Mobile, Borders, and Discovery News all follow me. O_O

It depends. Sometimes I really get off on keeping up with Twitter, other times I'm like "Whatever~". Sometimes it's just TOO much. Right now, I'm keeping mostly up with Facebook and Tumblr, and ignoring Twitter.

zappyspiker
June 19th, 2011, 11:49 PM
It only lets me go back to October, so I can't find anymore :( I think I've been tweeted by Michelle Branch at one point... and both Greyson Chance and Justin Bieber follow me.

Jealousssss XD I love Greyson, He doesn't tweet as much as Justin but still love him

aRedMoon
June 20th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Jealousssss XD I love Greyson, He doesn't tweet as much as Justin but still love himHe is absolutely adorable. :D I've got to see him live twice~

Maple Leaf
June 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Joining: ☆ Yo Face Here [@YourFaceIsThere]
And I'll answer a few of those questions - I would answer more, but I'm having that bolding problem. :<

Unfortunately, no. I just started being active yesterday. xD

It's equal to Facebook for me, tbh.

Naruto Uzumaki
June 20th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Just an update, I changed my Twitter name to @RyoushiMorino (http://twitter.com/#%21/RyoushiMorino).

And, I think Facebook is better than Twitter imo XD

Cherrim
June 20th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Okay I finally got un-lazy and followed everyone in the club. xD;

I'm at a loss though. :< Metrotwit, the client I use, added support for streaming tweets, so I get them instantly as people submit them, but I'm following so many people that it usually means every 5-10 seconds I get notification of more tweets. xD; I always thought having them instantly would be awesome, since on other clients I always set them to check as often as possible but I think I might have to turn streaming off, haha. It's so distracting.

aRedMoon
June 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM
This is why you only follow people that you are actually interested in. :P

Cherrim
June 20th, 2011, 04:25 PM
But I did! :P There's just too many!

Alternative
June 20th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I started with following lots of celebrities, namely the stars of Glee, and then I stopped because i didn't like doing that for some reason lol. I want to follow more people who have the same kinds of interests as me and/or is a game developer or something along those lines. :D

Denny Hamlin
June 20th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I only follow the people I know online or IRL. I keep celebrities out of my "Following" list and decided to make a custom list on Twitter instead. I find that easier that way.

Alternative
June 20th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I follow people I'm interested in and whatnot, but always get that occasional tweet to me with a link about nothing. I just don't click them. I'm afraid I'll contract a virus or something. :P

Cherrim
June 20th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I follow several companies (mostly video game related, lots of stores, some news, but all things I'm interested in), a few celebrities (mostly internet celebs, some actors [like those from glee], and then my friends, both online and offline. :[ A lot of them are acquaintances, but I still manage to talk to them once a week or so, so I would feel bad removing them. u_u;
I follow people I'm interested in and whatnot, but always get that occasional tweet to me with a link about nothing. I just don't click them. I'm afraid I'll contract a virus or something. :P
omg I get those so often. x_x; It's impossible to talk about Harry Potter or anything Playstation-related 'cause of those. Ugh.

aRedMoon
June 20th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I like following celebs that actually use Twitter as it is meant to be used... it really annoys me when all their tweets are promotional ones

Xyrin
June 20th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I have instant streaming on Tweetdeck. It pops up in the corner of my screen. The only times I don't read every tweet is when I get off the computer for a few hours at a time. To lazy to go back when it's over 20 tweets back.

Cherrim
June 20th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Haha, only 20?

...orz, I wake up to about 100-200 every morning if I sleep 6ish hours. .__.; When I used echofon I used to have problems because it only went back 199 tweets from the last time it checked. :s

But I do use my phone so I can scroll past them very, very quickly, only stopping to actually read a handful of them. XD;

Xyrin
June 20th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Well actually I don't look farther than 20. Because in Tweetdeck it shows you the latest tweets in the corner and it only shows up to 19. So yeah

Cherrim
June 20th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Really? I use Tweetdeck on my phone and it's always pretty good about getting every tweet. I think it skipped some when I turned wifi off on my phone and didn't use it for two days recently but it still showed me several hundred. :P The desktop/Chrome app and the mobile app are pretty different though. Maybe that's why?

Alternative
June 20th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I only read like, the first 5 or so when I come online after a sleep. Then I look at mentions and stuff, and after that I'm like "meh". :P

Cherrim
June 20th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I have a few friends abroad right now (or always) and I don't like to miss out on their tweets so I try to at least skim most of the stuff I miss.

But yeah, sometimes I just can't be bothered and I'll check mentions and be done with it. XD;

Xyrin
June 20th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I'm talking about Chrome. In chrome it pops the tweet in the corner. And when you open it up it pops up the ones you missed but only shows you the last 19 that you missed in the corner. I can scroll down, just too lazy.

zappyspiker
June 21st, 2011, 01:04 AM
I like following celebs that actually use Twitter as it is meant to be used... it really annoys me when all their tweets are promotional ones

I just get the people who I really really love getting their tweets sent to my phone. All the promos peoples can wait till the next time I log on the computer XD

He is absolutely adorable. :D I've got to see him live twice~

Still Jealous XD I live in NZ so I can't see him live here :(

Denny Hamlin
June 21st, 2011, 07:08 AM
I read everyone's tweets. I only respond to the ones I find interesting. :P

I'm currently using Silver Bird on Chrome. It's a pretty useful app, but I still find myself using the website just to tweet because I'm so used to it. >_>

Alternative
June 21st, 2011, 07:18 AM
One of my friends' reads everyone's tweets. Since he only checks a couple of times a day, he has to go through like, 12 hours of tweets or something all the time. He told me he got mad during E3 because I tweeted a lot about it. Myself, along with another person he stalks follows were tweeting about it a lot, so he had to go through like, three refresh things (doesn't use a twitter client) on Twitter for it. xD;

Needless to say, I am damn proud of those tweets! stayed up until 3am tweeting then

Chikara
June 21st, 2011, 08:13 AM
I think... I think I'll join a club and this is the one!

My twitter is @exwires :D... I tweet when I can, but it's mostly just when I remember to do so.

I was working during every single E3 day, and I have a few of my friends tweets sent to my phone. It got annoying cause I had 10-15 tweets to read whenever I had a chance to check, but it was also good cause I didn't really miss anything.

Maple Leaf
June 21st, 2011, 11:45 AM
I try to check everyone's tweets, but that doesn't always go too well. I'm a procrastinator.

Since I only follow 19 people, it's not too hard! xD

Cherrim
June 21st, 2011, 12:02 PM
I don't think I've ever used the txt feature of Twitter. It was too expensive back when I didn't have a texting plan and it turned out it was easier to just use the crappy mobile web browser on my phone. For a while I think I had direct messages send me a text as a quick way for online friends to get hold of me.

My main reason for getting a smartphone last year when I upgraded was so I could have a dedicated Twitter app. n_n

Netto Azure
June 21st, 2011, 12:24 PM
I follow people I know of in the internet. (Forum members that is) o3o

Maple Leaf
June 22nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
I follow people I know of in the internet. (Forum members that is) o3o
Same here. But actually, I don't have any friends outside of the internet that have Twitter, so it's only people from PC.

aRedMoon
June 22nd, 2011, 12:51 PM
Still Jealous XD I live in NZ so I can't see him live here :(Maybe someday in the future. Bieber got a world tour, so maybe Greyson will too. :3I don't think I've ever used the txt feature of Twitter. It was too expensive back when I didn't have a texting plan and it turned out it was easier to just use the crappy mobile web browser on my phone. For a while I think I had direct messages send me a text as a quick way for online friends to get hold of me.

My main reason for getting a smartphone last year when I upgraded was so I could have a dedicated Twitter app. n_nThe text feature is good, because it lets you chose who you actually care about, and you're sure to get those tweets. :-D

I also use the @reply feature to let people contact me instantly if needed.

Alternative
June 22nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
I never had the txt feature either. Back when I could access it from my phone though I didn't know anything about Echofon, and thought it was annoying that I could log in from my phone, and that would instantly log me out from the computer, so I stopped using it. My phone sucks for the internet anyway, I'd prefer to get some sort of smartphone to use Twitter on. :)

Cherrim
June 22nd, 2011, 05:50 PM
I know here, at least, there are a lot of pseudo-smartphones that only social networking too, if you don't wanna splash on a full smartphone + data plan. :3

Denny Hamlin
June 22nd, 2011, 05:54 PM
I've been using the txt feature for a long time now. To be honest, it's quick and useful. Twitpic also had a txt feature...you can snap a pic and MMS it via email. I find this easier than having to buy a data plan just to use twitter. xD

Cherrim
June 22nd, 2011, 05:59 PM
I did that too. :D Though now I use yfrog since for a while my new phone wouldn't upload to twitpic and then twitpic came out with new copyright info that said they assumed rights of any photo you upload so I sort of fell out of love with them. 8( I think they changed it after an uproar but oh well.

Chikara
June 23rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
I can only text... Normally.

My phone doesnt have internet so I kind of have to. Also the site lags my computer SO BAD. i miss the old layout :(

aRedMoon
June 23rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
I do wish that there was a way to do pagination, instead of the continuous load :\

Chikara
June 23rd, 2011, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I think they should think about NOT sacrificing page productivity for attractiveness :/

Team Fail
June 25th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I'm joining this. I have a Twitter (@TeamFail) that I use every now and then.

[B]Have you ever been tweeted to by some kind of celebrity?

No, sadly, I haven't. Then again, I haven't followed too many people yet.

EDIT: I came really close. I had one of my Tweets mentioned on Sportsnet's "Ask Gregg" time (YES NATIONAL TV). I was like, "OHHHHHHHHHHH YAYYYYYYYYYY~"

Hikamaru
July 16th, 2011, 12:07 AM
I follow lots of celebs on Twitter but I have not had a celebrity send a Tweet to me.

Never used any applications yet.

ナギ
July 24th, 2011, 06:24 AM
i'll join! can't say i'm extremely active on twitter, i just get on whenever i like and tweet whatever i like.
meaning you'll mostly get a lot of tweets that don't make a lot of sense if you're not living inside my head.
and random retweets of things i agree with or i just think are funny. XD;

ahwell.
@hiinotama (https://twitter.com/#!/hiinotama) i am. such an original username. o_o

also, i tend to use my iPod a lot for tweeting.. so i has Echofon on that. it's simple and does exactly what i want it to do, so that's enough for me. XD;
see you on my timeline ~

shenanigans
July 24th, 2011, 06:38 AM
I'll join! I'm @iaintgotachance.

I actually had a different twitter an age ago but it died because I wasn't really using it to follow people I liked. I'm gonna be much more active this time round though, since many people on PC use twitter.

Patatas Fritas
July 24th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I meant to join this decades ago -- I'll join. @MeepingItUp

Don't ask about the name :x

Oooh I've been tweeted by a couple of celebrities, one of them is my favourite singer of all time, Kim Petras, when she replied to one of my tweets I was just like *Eeeek <3*

Alternative
July 24th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Wow this place got active really fast. <3

Also Kawaii, you know you can change your Twitter username easily, right?

I'll update this right now. :D

Patatas Fritas
July 24th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Also Kawaii, you know you can change your Twitter username easily, right?

Of course, but I cant think of anything better and I like it so I'm keeping it.

Huh.. Twitter, it's like Stalking For Dummies.

Naruto Uzumaki
July 24th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Just another username update, back to CharryStar again :)

ナギ
July 24th, 2011, 08:10 AM
justnow followed all of you. so you got a new stalker. XD;
if you spam my timeline with stuff i don't enjoy reading, i will unfollow tho. :3

i'm also amazed at how much y'all change your usernames o_o....

Denny Hamlin
July 24th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Username change as well...if I haven't updated. I'm @TwilightSpark1 :3

I noticed a large increase of followers in the past week. xD

Alternative
July 24th, 2011, 08:27 AM
justnow followed all of you. so you got a new stalker. XD;
if you spam my timeline with stuff i don't enjoy reading, i will unfollow tho. :3

i'm also amazed at how much y'all change your usernames o_o....
Actually, I think that's just Charizard that does that. I've only ever changed my name like, twice, maybe? I'm keeping this one though, because I really do like it. :D

So how about this:
How many times have you changed your name, if any?

Patatas Fritas
July 24th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Hum... Let's see, I was Amy391, then PoshVenusUK and now MeepingItUp

That's three two times if my maths isn't flawed.

Denny Hamlin
July 24th, 2011, 08:53 AM

I went by the following names:

Anistorm (2/09 - 3/10), Meganium90 (3/10 - 3/11), Misdreavus9 (3/11 - 6/11), and now TwilightSpark1 (6/11 - present).

ナギ
July 24th, 2011, 09:10 AM
NAMECHANGES?
yeah, well, that's the thing.
i didn't change my name once yet. XD;
but yeah. if the first.. say, three names i come up with for an account are taken already, i've to say i'm way more likely to want to change my name afterwards too.

but so far no-one's tried to take the name 'hiinotama' yet. except on youtoob :/

shenanigans
July 24th, 2011, 09:12 AM

Not at all yet, other than switching from my old account (@lilbitofbanter) which I disabled to have a new start. I can't really think of anything else I'd want right now anyway.

Hum... Let's see, I was Amy391, then PoshVenusUK and now MeepingItUp

That's three times if my maths isn't flawed.

Oh, but your maths is flawed. You've changed your name twice, not three times. /shot

aRedMoon
July 24th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I've changed my username once. I started as @scipio1357 but then switched to @aredmoon... much more ~me~, ya know?

I recently got a smart phone, and the first thing I did was get the Twitter App. It's <3~~~

zappyspiker
July 24th, 2011, 09:26 PM
WOOT ACTIVITY!
Time to follow! But I think I'm following most of you already xD

None, I originally had 2 different accounts @zcyler and @zappyspiker. Can't exactly remember the reason why I had to but I decided to use my @zcyler one and just ditch the other one

TornZero
July 24th, 2011, 10:24 PM
May I join? :D My Twitter username is TornZero (http://twitter.com/tornzero).

Why do you use Twitter?

It's easy to use; it's short, sweet and to the point; it has a nice, polished interface; the "short" part of "short, sweet and to the point" makes Twitter better for those who just want to get updated on things, unlike other social sites that are generally spammed with unnecessary information and "copy this into your profile if you ___".
While Twitter does suffer from people putting ads and sponsors in every now and then, it's always been great to me for nice, short conversations between me and people I follow/that follow me, and getting the updates I want and need.

On name changes, I've never had to change my username from TornZero (funny, eh? A name with "Zero" in it without and "X" at each end or in-between words; I really haven't seen many of those). I do have an alternate/backup on some sites under Xerorin, however, for sites that require you to make a different display name from usernames, and for sites where I don't want people constantly stalking me on TornZero.

Anna
July 24th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Name changes... I started as skye716 (I think). Then went to... something else... then MissSmartsies / something I don't remember / MissSmartsies / EternalHarkness / EternallyAnna.

Yeah I'm now EternallyAnna jsyk. Not that I am ever mistaken for someone else.

Hoenn
July 25th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I personally love Twitter :) it's so much better than Facebook and it's a better way to communicate!

My Twitter: @itsJoez

A great fanclub which I'd love to join :]!

miju-kun
July 25th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Ooh, a twitter fanclub :).

@derpyghost

Why do you use Twitter?
Well it has a simple design, and even for newbies, it's very easy to use. In my FB, my classmates keep on posting chain mail but none of my classmates have twitter so I'm safe :).

zappyspiker
July 25th, 2011, 06:02 PM
*follows new people*

Welcome to the club guys!

Ooh, a twitter fanclub :).

Why do you use Twitter?
Well it has a simple design, and even for newbies, it's very easy to use. In my FB, my classmates keep on posting chain mail but none of my classmates have twitter so I'm safe :).

I know my classmates have twitter but they don't need to know what mine is xD

Exile
July 25th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Just got a twitter and by god it's fun!

My username on there is LachlanKarpman (http://twitter.com/#!/LachlanKarpman)

Why do you use Twitter?

I sort of just got one because it seemed like everyone else had one, to be honest.

Zet
July 25th, 2011, 07:52 PM
My twitter is zetnetroc

Feel free to follow me and I'll follow you back, and I use twitter because there's clients to use that don't require you to visit the website just to tweet. The only client I use on a computer is metrotwit and in my opinion it's the best one(Windows only though), and for mobile I use rowi.

Xyrin
July 29th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Oh everyone I changed my twitter to twitter.com/kingfurret. :)

Team Fail
July 29th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I joined here a while ago. It seems I haven't been added. Well, I'm using @teamfail, so just mention me or something. :P

Why do I use Twitter?
I just use it to make short statuses about myself that are general, or else I just want to throw things "out there" for people to see.

I even asked a question to the Sportsnet "Ask Gregg" section and my Tweet was featured on National Television! :D

aRedMoon
July 30th, 2011, 06:01 PM
What do you guys think of people that post updates _constantly_ about stupid stuff?

Like, there are a few people I follow that tweet at least 30 times a day, and mostly about stupid stuff.

(I'm not that much better, especially when I'm watching something... but yeah)

shenanigans
July 30th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I'm probably one of those people you're talking about, haha.

...especially when I'm watching something. I rattled off about 20 tweets earlier after watching 5 minutes of whichever Harry Potter movie was on TV, lol. ):

Xyrin
July 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM
What do you guys think of people that post updates _constantly_ about stupid stuff?

Like, there are a few people I follow that tweet at least 30 times a day, and mostly about stupid stuff.

You probably mean me. xD I do that a lot.

Since I do it a lot I don't really care if someone tweets a whole bunch. As long as they aren't posting every 5 seconds for a few hours I'm fine.

Alternative
July 31st, 2011, 03:06 AM
For peopel who tweet a lot, it doesn't bother me, unless it's about pretty much nothing that we should care about (e.g. I'm taking a dump, I just finished taking a dump etc.). Sometimes the spammy tweets are interesting and something they do tick you off. One time during E3's Nintendo conference me and another guy spammed Twitter about the conference and it annoyed one of my friends, who follows me. I thought it was funny. :P

Patatas Fritas
July 31st, 2011, 05:53 AM

Ahaha, if you followed me (Which I dont think you do) you'd have to put up with that from me a lot. I tweet really unimportant stuff or lyrics.

But, I dont really mind it, if I do it then I cant really complain when other people do, and it can be interesting.

Cherrim
July 31st, 2011, 12:33 PM
I tweet a lot and about really mundane stuff so I try not to let myself be bothered by it much.

But I've unfollowed people who are worse than me. I had this one twitter friend whose timeline contsantly looked like this:
- oh hi it's really late all of a sudden
- sdklfjss how did it get so late
- i guess i should shower before bed
- but i'd rather stay on tumblr
- lsdjfksls
- sdkfjlsjfsljflakjwolerhuaijlas
- sdlkfjlsjfklsjfkshfei
- guys
- guess what omg sdkfjsl
- [link to some fandom picture]
- lmao forever
- oh no it's even later
- brb shower
- okay back
- i should go to bed but
- i'm gonna stay online longer
- guys my cat just walked into my room

etc. Omg it drove me nuts. :/

aRedMoon
July 31st, 2011, 01:23 PM
Omg that is crazy Erica. That's exactly the kind of people I was talking about. D:

(And I think I've gained like 10 followers from here... I'll check y'all out sometime soon and maybe follow back :D)

Cherrim
July 31st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Okay good. xD I read your post and went "oh dear, I hope I'm not the kind he means". Not that I've been super active on twitter lately but still!

:( Those kinds of people are just the worst. Sometimes new users are like that and then level off into normal updates but the ones who get worse... ugh, you just have to cut them off no matter how close you are to them, haha.

aRedMoon
July 31st, 2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah... and don't worry, I'd never unfollow you (:

(If I did, I think QC would kill me)

zappyspiker
August 1st, 2011, 10:30 PM

heh that's me sometimes xD
But usually for me the annoying thing is celebs who constantly retweet their fans... I mean like 10 fan retweets is fine but like 20ish get's annoying

Patatas Fritas
August 2nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Just a note, I'm now @SnugglingYou
So if we could change that on the first posty thingy it would be much appreciated, thanks~

Vintage Arachnid
August 11th, 2011, 12:13 AM
A Twitter Club! I've slowly gotten a bit more into twitter this summer.

twitter.com/thediscostick (or direct link in my signature)! I follow back! (:

miju-kun
August 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Changed my twitter username. I'm now @nyan_izumi.

Miyako
August 12th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Hi I use twitter too and wish to join this club. :D Find me @PixAlchemist .

Diamond1304
August 17th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I'm joining cos...I use Twitter like everyday if I can! xD

I'm @CheekyCandle btw. I change my name every now and then so yeah, keep up with the insanity. xD

ash_pikachu_98
September 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Why do you use Twitter? - @IanHerndon
I originally joined Twitter simply to hop on board to something new that I thought would eventually go mainstream and be a hot topic for a long time to come. Now it's actually part of my every day routine at work (that's right, I get paid to tweet lmao)

What do you tweet about?
I actually don't post super often (less than 600 as of today), but when I do it's typically something on an article I've read, replying to something someone else wrote about, or to share an experience I've had with a company I recently interacted with such as Domino's or T-Mobile. I'm not the type to post things like 'I just woke up.' or 'My back itches.' lol. I've got nothing wrong against people who do... I mean to each their own, I simply won't be following their tweets very often heh.

At work, my job five days a week is identifying online users who are talking about our brand. Whether it be positively, negatively, or just alongside another topic. One of my personal goals is to show users and our customers that we as a company are there for them, in the spaces they are, for anything they need. We reach out and engage users via our company's Twitter ID. As of right now we have thousands of employees and 2.4 million customers nationwide; I was fortunate enough to be the first ever employee to do what I'm doing right now, and am currently one of only six in the entire organization who represent our brand on Twitter the way we do.

miju-kun
September 7th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Now I changed my username to @hackermiju

aRedMoon
September 7th, 2011, 11:42 PM
So... the other day I was at work and my co-worker and I were bored, so we got talking about Twitter.

He checked mine out and was amazed that I was followed by a couple verified users.

...just a funny twitter story, kinda :P

ash_pikachu_98
September 8th, 2011, 04:24 AM
So... the other day I was at work and my co-worker and I were bored, so we got talking about Twitter.

He checked mine out and was amazed that I was followed by a couple verified users.

...just a funny twitter story, kinda :P

Ah that's an interesting one to think about, that's actually never crossed my mind lol. Well now it has thanks to you!

Looks like I have 9 verified followers out of 3,998. Now what I'm curious about, is out of the 120million Twitter users, what overall ratio of that is verified? 1%? .001%?

Here's a nifty gfx showing my list analyzed.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/S1R1US/sb1.png

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/S1R1US/sb2.png

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/S1R1US/sb3.png

FalconsDrummer
September 18th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Hi! I'm @FalconsDrummer (http://twitter.com/falconsdrummer).

I started using Twitter because I really like the way it's supposed to work. Unfortunately, though, it hasn't worked out that well for me yet, but I haven't given up. None of my real life friends or family get it, so they don't bother trying it (or they try it, make a couple "I'm trying twitter wut is this lols" tweets and then quit). So now I'm trying to use it to meet new people instead. I want to use Twitter to meet and communicate with people, rather than just have one monologue of my thoughts. Not that that part isn't fun, too.

I generally just tweet about random things that cross my mind which I think are worth sharing. I tend to talk about interesting things I might be doing at school (I'm a music student), or just funny little sayings I hear in conversation.

I don't have many followers (25, and I follow 97), but that's fine with me. I've never intended to become some kind of celebrity or anything. Although I did try to use an alternate account where I remained more anonymous and tried to gain more followers (NOT with that "follow-for-follow" garbage, though). But, meh, I'd rather just be me. Anyway, hello!

TornZero
October 12th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Whoa! Almost dead! Not good.

So, let's start it back up with a question! Not sure if it's been asked before, but I'm asking it anyway!

How many of your followers/followees do you personally know in real life?

Out of both my followers and followees, I know only one personally. We're in the same school district, and I found out that she had a Twitter account, so I shared mine with her. However, there are definitely a few people I follow (one of them following me as well) that I would feel honored to ever meet.

zappyspiker
October 13th, 2011, 02:59 AM

Just 2 lol, One is a friend from school and we're the only tech noobs who use it constantly. I've started to hear other people using it but ... their are something that should be kept online not offline for them to know.
The other person is Misheard Whisper/ Thomas. We met up about 2 months ago.

ash_pikachu_98
October 13th, 2011, 04:31 AM

20-30 tops, and that's probably because Twitter looked through my email and facebook for people I've been in contact with who are also on Twitter. I use Facebook more-so for people I know in real-life, Twitter predominantly online only, and Google+ as sort of a mishmash of both.

Saryka
October 13th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Twitter fanclub? I'm so down. @scarizzle (http://twitter.com/scarizzle) here, what's up? :D

Why do you use Twitter?
At first, I kind of just hopped on the bandwagon, but I've kind of become addicted to it. XD; It's also been a great way for me to keep in touch with friends.

What do you tweet about?
Anything. Usually pretty trivial, everyday things, but I tweet about shows, music, and video games (largely Zelda these days, haha) as well. I also have a horrible habit of live-tweeting if I'm playing a video game (again, largely Zelda) or watching a TV show, sooo I'm sorry to my followers for the constant updating.

Hmmm. Quite a few, actually. I follow a lot of my school friends on Twitter. I couldn't give you an exact number but maybe ten-ish?

Hikamaru
November 8th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Find me at @Hikari10Girl.

I'm the pic with Oshawott! Can't miss it.

I have no plans to change my name.

There's a direct link in my signature too.