PDA

View Full Version : Australian quiz show *****s and Specks to be axed

Hikamaru
May 24th, 2011, 10:59 PM
This is such a tragedy for Australian TV.

It was announced today by comedian Adam Hills that his popular music quiz show "*****s and Specks" is being axed at the end of the year after close to 5-6 years airing on Australian TV.

If any of PC's Aussie users heard this, it's the biggest tragedy since comedy group The Chaser (who were featured in one of my previous signatures) axed their controversial "War on Everything" series in 2009.

Hills says the decision was so he could focus on his talkshow "Adam Hills In Gordon St Tonight".

So what's your reaction to this and why?

Eliminator Jr.
May 27th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I don't think it's as big a tragedy as the Chaser's being taken off air was, mainly because in this case it's the host leaving of his own choice (whereas the Chaser's was cancelled because of people taking too much offense to a joke that wasn't even that offensive).

That being said, I used to love *****s and Specks and still consider it a good background show (as in something you have on in the background while doing something else), so it's a bit of a shame to see it go. At least we still have RocKwiz.

Sodom
May 27th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I never watched *****s and Specks, but I guess it's a sad thing, it was really popular. I don't watch any Australian TV, I watch all the American imported stuff lol, so it doesn't really affect me.

EDIT: Also, would LOVE to know why that word sets off the censor. Where on Earth is that a swear word lol

Mr Cat Dog
May 28th, 2011, 04:31 AM
It's a derogatory term for people of Hispanic origin, or that's what Urban Dictionary told me when I was also confuzzled!

vaporeon7
May 28th, 2011, 04:58 AM
It is quite sad to see it go. I didn't watch it all that much because other things were on but when I did it made me laugh quite a lot. I was also surprised with the censoring.

razzbat
May 30th, 2011, 05:25 AM
I don't think it's as big a tragedy as the Chaser's being taken off air was, mainly because in this case it's the host leaving of his own choice (whereas the Chaser's was cancelled because of people taking too much offense to a joke that wasn't even that offensive).

this. didn't watch much *****s and specks but when i did watch it it was good. alot of people around me ended up being on it for some reason...
and lol i didnt realise that that censored word actually meant something bad until i saw it censored here.