PDA

View Full Version : Steins;Gate

twocows
May 31st, 2011, 03:51 PM
Awww yeah, this is it. Confirmed for show of the season; ep9 has cemented that place for sure. Haven't seen it? Go watch it (http://www.crunchyroll.com/steinsgate) so you can come discuss how awesome it is. Because it is. Awesome, that is.

So, about episode 9.

...OH GOD, WHAT?

Makise Kurisu being tsundere as hell. Why do I suddenly want to be a metal lupa cushion?
You will never get the IBN, Okarin. ;_;
Hey guys, I just accidentally Akihabara. Is this bad? What should I do?
And the music, AAAAAA
"It's possible that we've already done something that can't be undone--"
"OKARIN, OKARIN!"
OH GOD, the foreshadowing. You just know something's going down later in the series.

I can only see things getting better. White Fox is so darn talented.

Weeaboo Name
May 31st, 2011, 06:04 PM
It certainly is one of the best this season, although I wish there weren't so many internet terms and meme references in it.

I loved episode 9, it seems Ferrisnyan's message has had quite the butterfly effect. Not surprising considering what it obviously was.

digi-kun
May 31st, 2011, 06:19 PM
I added spoiler tags for you. Remember, spoiler tags for the first few days of episode release.

iirc, this is WHITE-FOX's 3rd? anime where they're in charge of animation. Definitely a step up from Katanagatari. Makes me wonder if they're going to be doing Little Busters! or Rewrite considering their recent collaboration with Key for the 2nd Rewrite OP, and a damn good job at it too.

Plot is very nice too, especially this last episode was quite a shock.
Somehow I think that the effects of Feyris' message was semi-intentional. Probably something to do with her father on that line.

twocows
June 1st, 2011, 03:17 AM
If you're talking about that "yo dawg" thing, it's Crunchyroll's fault. Poor translation decision, in my opinion. They should have just used the original and said "TL note: 2chan meme."

I agree with digi's spoiler, by the way.

Weeaboo Name
June 1st, 2011, 03:34 AM
Initially i thought the fansubbers were trolling, then he kept embarrassing her about 2chan so I worked out what they'd done. It wasn't that one only it's been multiple little things, Daru's waifus, fail and stuff like that. Basically I think there's enough of a story there that they don't have to go out of their way for cheap laughs from the niche crowd. Says that but would knife you if you tried to get rid of Ferrisnyannyan and her maid outfit.

twocows
June 1st, 2011, 01:05 PM
Initially i thought the fansubbers were trolling, then he kept embarrassing her about 2chan so I worked out what they'd done. It wasn't that one only it's been multiple little things, Daru's waifus, fail and stuff like that. Basically I think there's enough of a story there that they don't have to go out of their way for cheap laughs from the niche crowd. Says that but would knife you if you tried to get rid of Ferrisnyannyan and her maid outfit.
There's only one fansub group, the rest are CR rips which means we get all their crappy interpretations.

J
June 1st, 2011, 05:02 PM
i thought that it was supposed to be "@channel".

twocows
June 2nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
i thought that it was supposed to be "@channel".
Yeah, now that you mention it, I thought they did that earlier.

twocows
June 7th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Dear people who just watched episode ten: I'm going to make you all cry (and not by spoiling anything either).

Remember that beautiful conversation Makise Kurisu and Okarin had during the blackout? You just realized it never happened.