• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you think they should've made new evolutions in B/W?

Do you think they should have made a new evolution?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
I Think Stunfisk Should Get An Evolution

i think he meant what previous pokemon should get evos.

i like how there weren't any. but just a whole bunch of parallels. considering that unova is far away it's kinda of like a different type of a specie.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I would've liked to see some branched evolutions of older Pokemon. Think of it like the evolution of Pokemon; because some Pokemon are in Unova and some are in the other regions, they evolved differently. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
hay guys just a note, if you're gunna list Pokemon you want evolutions of, that fits into Pokemon General [ here. ]

To avoid this, I changed the title a little so instead of discussing evolutions you'd have wanted, you can now discuss whether they should've had evolutions for past Pokemon and why / why not - referring to Unova being isolated, etc. If you just list Pokemon you want evolutions of, then from now on, we're just gunna delete your posts and redirect you to the Pokemon General thread. :(

Anyway, I believe that evolutions for past Pokemon weren't necessary, especially considering DPPT introduced so many, and B/W was trying to be isolated from the other regions. I think if this occured, well, there probably would be complaints about the Pokemon even more so. For example, Garbodor and Stunfisk aren't necessarily the most liked Pokemon ever, and if they were to create evolutions for past Pokemon I can't help thinking they'd have gone down that route tbh.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
Just a note I'd like to make on Toujours' post, branched evolutions that can only be obtained in Unova is a terrible idea. It would mean that without trading from a Generation V game that is not in Unova, we wouldn't be able to 'Catch 'em all'.

As for as to if they should have made new evolutions in B/W for past generation Pokemon... I'd say no. Primarily because of what Reshiram Man stated; B/W were meant to be the beginning of a new journey, comparable to the original games on the Game Boy in scale. Had they stuffed in new evolutions of old Pokemon, it would have felt forced, regardless of how much I want to see Eevee's evolutions come full circle.

The point of B/W was to branch out the lands of Pokemon in a way that made it feel like a whole new adventure, with all new Pokemon wherever you turn (until you complete the game, of course!) and all new people for you to meet... and I feel they've achieved that. It may not be as grand or well-received by old fans as R/B/Y were, but it comes across as a new and exciting adventure, and for that is part of why I like it.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I liked the fact that they didn't introduce new evolutions of past Pokémon. I don't have to be bothered with everything in the past when I don't feel the need. Besides, this also ensures a new experience for new people. It felt fine like this. Introducing a new evolution for an older Pokémon runs the risk of messing things up.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yes! I would have loved some new evolutions and Eeveelutions. My main problem with B/W is the whole "new beginning - new region FAR AWAY" aspect. It felt so alienating. Also, it brings the problem of future generations - if they're all set in new regions far away from the first four, are we EVER going to get more evolutions of the Gen 1-4 Pokemon. I really want that full set of 17 Eeveelutions!

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
It's been four generations and I still haven't got my Charizard evo, wtf is this?

But I believe they did it on purpose, there is little to no influence or storyline involving Pokemon from past generations beside those few little routes you can visit after the E4.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As much as I would've liked to say "yes" on the poll, I went with "no" because B/W were meant to make fresh starts on the Pokemon series.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Just a note I'd like to make on Toujours' post, branched evolutions that can only be obtained in Unova is a terrible idea. It would mean that without trading from a Generation V game that is not in Unova, we wouldn't be able to 'Catch 'em all'.

Eh well we had Magnezone, Probopass, Glaceon & Leafeon who all evolved specifically in Sinnoh, in certain parts that is. They can still evolve in -similar- locales in Unova; I'm guessing that's what Toujours was talking about. Not just that they had to be in Unova in general but that they'd evolve because of new locations in Unova like the Giant Chasm etc. :3

I think I would have liked new evolutions, but I'm okay without them as well. Like everyone else said, Unova was intended to be a fresh start just like RBY (which had no previous evolutions since... well, it was the first game). I still think it would have been cool to make that one fish Pokemon whose name I can't spell for the life of me a Luvdisc evo and other things beyond that. :D

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
We had 20+ evolutions in the 4th Generation. I believe that is more then Gen 2 and 3 combined. So I really see no need to throw in a bunch more. Unova isolation gives me more reason that I don't feel they should incorporate evolutions from past generations. If they did then have them present before the Post Game.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Definitely! Lots of things could have used new evos. Ones that spring to mind are Sableye, Mawile and Luvdisc.

That said though, as some people have pointed out, the game was meant to be a fresh start for the whole franchise. Nonetheless they could have still included them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I liked that they didn't add any new evolutions in B/W. B/W was meant to be a new beginning in a far away region, so adding new evolutions would defeat the purpose imo.

Besides, we got so many new evolutions in D/P/P XD

Back