View Full Version : Top 5 Favorite Movies
June 6th, 2011, 8:55 PM
Okay didn't see a movie thread so figured I would start one. post your top 5 fav movies.
If it is a series just post the series and that counts as one
1. Cameron's Avatar
2. The Lord of the Rings
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
5. The Fifth Element
June 7th, 2011, 7:08 AM
My top five favourite movies are:
1. The Bucket List
2. I Love You, Man
4. Role Models
5. The Dark Knight
I really don't watch as many movies, and the ones I see at the cinemas are usually not great. I Love You, Man and The Bucket List are way above the others.
June 7th, 2011, 7:20 AM
2. Blade Trinity
5. Lost In Space
June 7th, 2011, 7:34 AM
Had to think this one through, but mine would be:
1) I am Legend
2) My Fair Lady
3) Lord of the Rings
4) Pirate of the Caribbean
5) Oliver Twist
June 7th, 2011, 9:24 AM
1. Fantastic Mr. Fox. <333
2. Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist.
3. James and The Giant Peach.
5. Finding Nemo.
You just can't top that. ;D
King Of The Blues
June 7th, 2011, 9:53 AM
#1: The Shawshank Redemption.
#2: The Green Mile.
#3: True Grit.
#4: High Plains Drifter.
#5: Blue Streak.
June 7th, 2011, 9:59 AM
Back to the Future.
Nightmare before Christmas.
June 7th, 2011, 6:45 PM
2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
3. The Hangover
4. Night of the Living Dead
5. Dawn of the Dead
June 8th, 2011, 9:00 AM
Quite common movies you all like, I have a habit to love those movies that doesn't get too much attention.
These are probably my top 5 favorite movies, in no particular order;
Plata Quemada - Because of the interesting main characters relation, the spanish language is also a big plus.
The Living End - I love road movies, it's funny and just... awesome (as always when Gregg Araki direct).
Oz(serie) - I love interesting characters in movies/series, and Oz got so many of them. It takes place in a prison which also makes it even more interesting to follow.
The Spirit - I love how they made this film! So beautiful and uncommon scenes. Also way better than Sin City. Ok story and characters. Quite funny sometimes.
Silence of the Lambs - As I said, I love interesting characters in movies/series and Hannibal is one of them. Entertaining movie as well!
I changes from time to time though, and it's hard to pick a top five, but these are at least some of my favorites.
Anyone care to motivate why the movies you listed is your favorites? It would be interesting to read! :]
June 8th, 2011, 12:19 PM
2. Spirited Away
3. The Godfather
4. This Is England
5. Shaun Of The Dead
June 8th, 2011, 1:32 PM
1. Lord of the Rings
2. Inglorious Basterds-The greatest acting I've ever seen in a movie.
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. The Empire Strikes Back
5. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade-My personal favorite of the 4.
June 8th, 2011, 1:37 PM
1. Donnie Darko.
2. The Prestige.
5. Four Lions.
June 9th, 2011, 2:06 AM
1. Star Wars (specially episode One)
2. The Lord of the Rings (the Two Towers mostly)
3. Harry Potter (my fav is the Prisioner of Azkaban)
4. Pirates of the Caribbean
5. Teminator 2
June 9th, 2011, 2:12 AM
In no particular order:
Lucky Number Slevin
The King's Speech
Fast and Furious (the whole franchise)
I can list more, but this is limited to five movies, so yeah.
June 9th, 2011, 9:42 AM
Rebuild of Evangelion films
The Dark Knight
Interview with the Vampire
Across the Universe
Some others would be The Iron Giant, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, Ocean's Eleven/Twelve/Thirteen, Eurotrip and Old School. Pretty hard to make a list of just five, but those ones up there are probably the closest to the very top.
Mr Cat Dog
June 9th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Just a reminder to everyone of Rule 3 of the C&M Rules:
3) Provide evidence in posts that ask of your opinions: If a thread asks what your favourite ‘anything’ is, it is implicit in the question that you give some form of reasoning as to why. Discussion can never be facilitated if everyone answered relatively monosyllabically. Also known as the NO LISTING RULE!
Please say at least SOMETHING about your list: why these movies mean so much to you; why they're ranked as they are; anything at all! If this trend of simple listing continues, I'll simply close the thread. Merci.
June 9th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Dark Knight- Love Batman. Amazing movie. Great plot, great characters, great action. I only fear how the next one will be. It felt like this was very believable for a super hero film and they need to keep this up.
Inception- Stunning. Ending still pisses me off.
Pirates of the Caribbean -I love pirates and I love the characters in these movies.
Step Brothers- This and Role Model are probably the only of the recent comedy films I actually like.
Sex Drive- Well, pretty recent but I still had a blast watching this one.
I've also seen X-Men first class the day it came out. I was always a fan of X-Men, not a big one at all, but i liked the concept of it since I was young and I thought the acting and interactions in this movie were amazing. Takes the sour taste out of my mouth from the awful X-Men movies from the past. Crazies is also a very good movie.
June 12th, 2011, 1:30 AM
I'm a big fans of Hayao Miyazaki. Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke are my favorite of all his movies. Especially Spirited Away, I liked this movie's storyline and OST so much.
I also liked Click (movie in 2006), I also liked this movie because this movie's storyline is amazing.
Aladdin, I think I don't need to give any explanation, this movie is 1992 Golden Films after all.
I also liked the Disney's movie that named The Lion King, this is a movie that I watched when I was little, and this movie is still amazing for me now.
Basically the reason I like those movie is just because I think those movie was amazing.
June 12th, 2011, 5:26 AM
NOTE: THESE ARE MY ALL TIME RANDOM FAVES!
In the order I think of them.
1. The Lion King
2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
3. Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back
Runner ups 6-10, also in no particular order.
6. Ice Age
7. The Land Before Time
8. Toy Story
9. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
10. Death to Smoochy
June 12th, 2011, 6:58 AM
I've never been too big on watching movies, but my goal this summer is to watch a bunch of them and hopefully find something else I enjoy. As of right now my top favorites (which really isn't that many) are:
1. Inglourious Basterds: I can watch this movie again and again, which says a lot. I love the plot, the acting, and the different groups they film between until they all meet up. Honestly, I didn't even notice that 90% of the movie is subtitles because it sucks you right in. The acting is fantastic. Christoph Waltz <3
2. The Breakfast Club: I think I legit had this movie memorized verbatim. It's a classic and I can always count on it to make me laugh.
3. This is Spinal Tap: So, so, so hilarious! I read a lot of band biographies and they did a great job with their mocumentary of a rock band on tour. If you understand the music industry, I think the humor will make more sense, but it's really great :)
4. Now and Then: CHICK FLICK ALERT. I watched this movie as a kid and I still love it now. It reminds me a lot of what I would do as a kid to cure boredom (obviously I wouldn't try solving a murder as a kid, but I would pretend to be a detective and stuff).
5. Kick-Ass: I love action movies and this didn't disappoint, GO HIT GIRL, I also thought it was pretty funny and all around a good watch :)
June 13th, 2011, 5:56 AM
The following listed are not ranked in order:
1. Avatar: I expected it to became excessively popular and top all others, and it did! Its also fascinating, watching it on blu-ray. :)
2. Transformers: Epic graphics, visuals and sound effects in a complete set with a good dash of humor! Love it as always!!~ :D
3. Despicable Me: I would like to say I feel that it's Disney's funniest movie ever. <3
4. Paranormal Activity 3: For the horror genre, I like this amongst all others. *waves hands in air* ^u^
5. Hotel for Dogs: The ingenious inventions made in the movie and all the hilarious characters and their unique ambition to provide for all of canines and dogkind just touches my heart. I'm always thoroughly fascinated by the operation of the hotel. :D
June 13th, 2011, 12:34 PM
This is gonna be different:
1. High Anxiety - I'm a huge fan of comedy films, especially those by Mel Brooks. His tribute to Alfred Hitchcock's movies in this is superb, with the twist into comedy. It mixed all of the classic Hitchcock firms into a good storyline that has it's moments of genius. Mel Brooks singing the song High Anxiety is certainly also something to watch. It just seems great to me and underrated.
2. The Naked Gun - God, do I love this series of films. Leslie Nielsen was an absolute treasure, and he is already being missed. His straight talking in this just made the comedy even sweeter, and I keep meaning to rewatch the films as part of my own tribute to him. I will do this tomorrow for sure!
3. Hot Fuzz - Oddly, one of those films that I really like, even though I find the idea perhaps not to my taste. I'm not a huge fan of gore and violence (some of the deaths in this made me squirm in my seat), but this film is one of those films that oozes British but not in a stereotypical way (unless every village is really like that one in the film. Nearly spoilt it there!) Simon Pegg and Nick Frost also are the perfect comedy duo, once again proved in film.
4. Pirates of the Caribbean - At Worlds End - Perhaps my favourite of the series so far. I don't know why, logically I should prefer the 2nd, due to it's wow factor, but this neatly rounded the series off, and did provide a good film, despite being a conclusion to a sequel, which is a rarity nowadays. The scene where the English captain is just walking calmly down his ship as his world (and vessel) falls apart around him just gets me every time. The film never really falls flat either, which definitely puts it on my list.
5. Zombieland - It's interesting, I said earlier I hated gore, yet horror seems perfectly fine in my world. I'm one huge contradiction. But, the reason why this is on my list is the interesting way the story goes. It doesn't begin really at perhaps where you'd think, with the first infections, but in the middle with the character meeting Tallahasee (spelling?), and then going back in the past for the backstories, which is clever. I also love how the "rules" of the apocalypse appear in the film, like a comic book. It's quite ingenious.
As the thread asks for top 5, that's mine. Yet, I feel others need a mention here now, with a short reason why they deserve that said mention -
Psycho - definitely a classic from Hitchcock, and did create the start of humans being the monsters in horror films and the like.
Star Wars Episode V - Seen as one of the best in the series, and I can see why. One of the most known endings ever, that definitely wasn't expected at the time, amongst other things, such as the epic Yoda, the incredible battle at Hoth, as well as the scenery just seems alien.
Super Mario Brothers - Boy, did this get some negative criticism from fans of the franchise (including one Nostalgia Critic). I personally didn't mind the movie. I mean, it was an OK movie, but as it had Marios name in it, people expected some more relevance to the franchise instead of this. It just has some nostalgia feeling when I watch it, both good and bad.
June 19th, 2011, 9:03 AM
1. jackass 3d
2. i am legend
3. the hangover
4. badboys 2
5. grown ups
my top 5 movies
1. jackass 3d (so funny but so gross)
2. i am legend
3. the hangover
4. badboys 2 (Bad boys,bad boys whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do?
When they come for you?)
5. grown ups
June 21st, 2011, 9:33 PM
1. Stranger Than Fiction
2. Donnie Darko
3. A Clockwork Orange
5. Mistery Men
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
Gangs Of New York
There Will Be Blood
June 21st, 2011, 10:22 PM
#2: Loving Annabelle
#3: Corpse Bride
#4: The Secret Life of Bees
#5: Thelma and Louise
June 22nd, 2011, 2:59 AM
My favorite Movies?! Now thats a tuff one! I have so so many favorites, but here is my top list
For the top movie of all time it would have to be
1: Gone With The Wind.- This movie for me beats any movie ever made, The actors were top notch the story and flow of the movie was perfect! and Vivien leigh is just scarlett Dead on! and so is Clark Gable! I also love how Scarlett is not the typical hero in a movie shes very selfish, insecured and jelouse, but is strong and will do anything she can to get what she wants.
2: Breakfast at Tiffanys- I love and can watch this movie a million times and never get bored! Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress! the story of this movie, the fashion the everything! I love love the character Holly! any movie i have ever seen i relate most to her.
3: All about eve! another one of my favorite actresses is in here Bette Davis! I love the story and another movie with just all top notch actors and actresse(holly wood just doesnt make um like they use to! ) and I think Bette Davis character is really realtbul especially for alot of woman.
4: Roman Holiday. - such a funny and cute sweet gem of a movie! Again my favorite actress is in here Audrey Hepburn!~ and its a princess movie! I have loved this movie since i was little and still love it Audrey and Gregory Peck have amazing chemistry and hes a hunk :P
5: Gentle men perfer Blondes. Love love love Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell are both class acts! love them! the movie is very fun! lots of great numbers and dances!~ and very interesting! :D
October 6th, 2011, 12:08 AM
4. Battle of Red Cliff Part 2
3. Crow Zero 2
2. Freedom Writers
1. Transformers 3
October 6th, 2011, 3:39 AM
5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Hasn't everyone heard of this? If you have heard of it and haven't seen it, watch it. Love Jack Nicholson as always, and I love the character McMurphy as well. And my favourite film quote: "What do you think you are, for Christ sake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average ******* out walkin' around on the streets, and that's it."
4. A Streetcar Named Desire
Everyone should have heard of this as well and if you like classics you should watch it. It has dedication to the original script, really good acting, a classic story.
3. Dr. Strangelove
Anyone who enjoys political/anti-war satire of America needs to watch this. All the actors are so good at deadpan humour as well.
Joy Division being one of my favourite bands, and the story surrounding Curtis, would just make this interesting to me. The actors are very good at playing in a band as well considering none of them were musicians beforehand.
1. Withnail and I
I think it really just speaks for itself. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5EmCKbWS6c) Only certain type of people enjoy this.
October 6th, 2011, 3:57 AM
my all time favorite movies are :
October 6th, 2011, 6:35 AM
1. Alpha & Omega
Not as bad.
2. Shrek 2
Best sequel ever
3. Bambi 2
One of the best Disney sequels
4. Paranormal Activity
A better horror movie of the last decade
If you like a different movie watch this
Disney's best movie
7. Funny Games
Austrian slasher by Michael Haneke
8. Oliver & Company
Not a Disney masterpiece but worth a watch
9. Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
The 2011 version
10. Ice Age 3
Deserved som Oscars
Mr Cat Dog
October 6th, 2011, 2:55 PM
Guys, please don't respond to posts that have been made by adbots that want to revive 4-month-old threads. It'll just encourage them to come back and spam the boards with more stuff.