PDA

View Full Version : Do you like art?

Richard Nixon
June 8th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Do you like art? I don't but do you? Post your opinions here.

King Goodra
June 8th, 2011, 03:55 PM
How don't you like art? Do you not listen to and appreciate music, movies, literature, or photography?

ThisOrTheApocalypse
June 8th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I love nearly all shapes and forms of art. Music most of all, but photography and painting really interests me as well.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
June 10th, 2011, 10:15 AM
How don't you like art? Do you not listen to and appreciate music, movies, literature, or photography?Games can also be considered an art in the way they're presented and such.

In fact, I'm with the above. How can you not like art if you're on this website. :/
The Pokemon games themselves could be considered an art, so, really, you can't not like art if you're here. Unless you're a troll. But trolling is also an art. :P

EDIT: All depends on what you consider to be art, really...

Wish
June 10th, 2011, 10:43 AM
You should probably be more specific.

Art practically pertains to almost anything. The way I arrange my room, drawing, photography, video gaming, dancing, singing, music composition, literature, architecture, food, engineering, gardening, heck even sports may be considered an art.

The world runs on art. So yes, I love art very very much.

Shining Raichu
June 10th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I love all art. Abstract paintings get on my nerves a bit, but other than that all forms of art are fantastic. But yeah, you should be more specific with your question lol

Osha_say_wott?!
June 11th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I think OP means art in the rudimental sense, as in paintings, sculptures, etc., material of art that you would find in an art gala.
I love all forms of art, really. Even the kind OP is trying to say. But not only do I love art, I also love creating art, in any form.

shenanigans
June 11th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I only consider paintings, drawings, etc. to be art, so I'll answer according to that.

Yes. I enjoy most forms of art. I have my preferences but on the whole I'll take most things, from classic to digital.

Oryx
June 11th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I think OP means art in the rudimental sense, as in paintings, sculptures, etc., material of art that you would find in an art gala.
I love all forms of art, really. Even the kind OP is trying to say. But not only do I love art, I also love creating art, in any form.

I think the term you're looking for is high art, but I could be wrong. But are video games not high art even though the Smithsonian is preparing an exhibition on them for next year? It's a hard question to answer (plus I'm pretty sure there's a thread floating around about that somewhere).

I enjoy art. There's some modern art I can't stand though - once I went to a museum, and displayed was a canvas entirely covered in blue. Just blue. One shade, one layer, just put on a canvas and called art. This wasn't some rinky-dink museum either, IIRC it was the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. But I enjoy a lot of art in general.

Masqueraine
June 11th, 2011, 04:57 PM
[SIZE="2"]
I think the term you're looking for is high art, but I could be wrong. But are video games not high art even though the Smithsonian is preparing an exhibition on them for next year? It's a hard question to answer (plus I'm pretty sure there's a thread floating around about that somewhere).

Nah I'm pretty sure he just means paintings, sculptures and so on. :)

As for me no I don't appreciate that kind of art as much as most people do, the only art I've liked is what I've seen online and I'm sure that's hardly what you'd call art.

Owl
June 11th, 2011, 07:20 PM
If you mean art in general, yea I do. Who doesn't? Music, movies, anime, etc. are all forms of art.

If you mean paintings & sculptures:
Yes I do. I'm love with some of the Japanese art, but what really get's me is the art from the Italian Renaissance and baroque art. Altho, I have some exceptions, but for the most part, I'm fine with any artwork that fall into those three genres.

EmeraldSerenade
June 12th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Without art, I'd be your typical, boring teenager.

Art is AMAZING.

Galukxy
June 12th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I love most forms of art, like Drawing, game art, painting, graphics etc.
Without Art or me actually doing something art based, then I don't think I would be as happy as I am today.

I'd be really bored and have nothing to do, as well.

Binary
June 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I love all forms of art. If you mean paintings, sculptures and such, yes, I love them too. I think we all appreciate art, in all of its glorious forms. I love painting too, as a hobby; and like looking at them, for meanings and such.

Esper
June 12th, 2011, 11:56 AM
When I think of art I think of something that a person put time and effort into, something they made in order to express some idea or feeling which they hope to get across to an audience. In this sense I do enjoy and appreciate art, or rather the process of making art and receiving it as an audience.

I don't particularly care for certain types of art, such as some video game art. I'm talking about things like the first person shooters and others that try for a 'realistic' look. To me, that's more like design than art, going for a specific look rather than a specific message. Not to say that realistic things can't be art. They just have to capture a feeling of some sort to get across to people.

I'm not trying to start an argument about what is or isn't art, simply stating that I like art, just not all art.

Captain Hobo.
June 14th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Well, I like to make art, mostly clay stuff.

I also like to look at paintings.