PDA

View Full Version : CG fakemon sprites

Cyber Gorilla
June 8th, 2011, 03:23 PM
my deviant art account http://cyber-gorilla.deviantart.com/
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg141/BIRTH3/dex-2.png
hey guys, this is my new fakedex that i have been building recently, i have a ton of unfinished sprites and even more illustrations of concept fakemon, i aim to finish this dex by the end of 2011 :) hope you will all support me
the gargoyle & steel hound where designed by a good friend of mine on DA
text font by http://polursine.deviantart.com/
the layout is an edit of http://jesgrad07.deviantart.com/

FlyingHatTrick
June 8th, 2011, 04:38 PM
The dex is blurry for some reason since I can't really make out some details on it. There's some really good concepts on it though from what I can see. :>

Scraggy123
June 8th, 2011, 05:44 PM
The dex is really cool in my opinion.

Lornami
June 8th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Your dex image is hosted on photobucket, and when images get too large they blur to fit. You might want to just cut it in half or quarters, so we can see the sprites with clarity.

Cyber Gorilla
June 9th, 2011, 01:22 AM
ahhhh, darn, is there a better image hosting website that would be more sufficient to use for this website? if not i will trim the image down =/

countryemo
June 9th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Well theres
Imageshack
Imgur
Tinypic
blahblah.
Theres allot. I never really used these so i dont know. But, PC does have a handy feature.
Go into you edit post and scroll to "Manage attachments" go into that and select you fakedex file itll upload it. Then we can click on it to make it bigger and see-able
hope you understood D: they look interesting

Humm96
June 9th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I looked at your DA and they are some very good sprites and the concepts for your legendarys are quite epic! :D

Cyber Gorilla
June 9th, 2011, 10:48 AM
ahh right cheers, i will do that right after i get 15 posts -_-

keshavkd
June 9th, 2011, 06:51 PM
UHmm I donno if im ryt... But the "Darkimash" has parts of Magmortar Sharpedo and Emboar.. Magmortar = Legs, Emboar = Hands, Sharpedo = Head.

But to me that sprite is 10/10.. da*n u did an amazing job!

Cyber Gorilla
June 10th, 2011, 03:36 AM
you mean "CARKINASH" ?my fire dark/shark fakemon, and nope he is a complete scratch sprite ;) you can tell when you see a clearer view of the dex also with new sprites

-ty-
June 12th, 2011, 07:23 PM
These are really nice. I like the flying pig and gremlin-like pokemon the most; but they are all well constructed.

Cyber Gorilla
June 13th, 2011, 12:35 AM
These are really nice. I like the flying pig and gremlin-like pokemon the most; but they are all well constructed.

thank you, i will be uploading about 6 new sprites in the near future :)

pankakes123
June 13th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Awesome, will these fakemon eventually be available for public use such as game development?

Cyber Gorilla
June 13th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Awesome, will these fakemon eventually be available for public use such as game development?

no, these fakes are for my own personal use

Pika'chu500
June 13th, 2011, 07:50 AM
You got some nice sprites here, The ice/fighting fakemon is my fave so far. I really hope the water starter evolves into an elegant/speedy Pokemon.

Cyber Gorilla
June 13th, 2011, 09:25 AM
thank you :) glad you like it :) the sprite will be of much better quality when i can edit the post.

Spherical Ice
June 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM
For image hosting that doesn't resize, check out Imgur (www.imgur.com).

Anyway, it's kind of hard to crit these properly when they're resized, but that white duck swan thing doesn't look very Pokémony, and it has a pillow shaded beak.

Cyber Gorilla
June 13th, 2011, 10:53 AM
*FIXED*
:D
also 3 sprites added :)

Cyber Gorilla
June 17th, 2011, 11:11 AM
no comments on my new fakes ? :( more updates will be added in the next few hours

GFA
June 17th, 2011, 03:40 PM
D:

You stole my idea for adding Psy/Dark/Fght as secondary typings to even the odds! (I joke, I'm sure neither of us were the 1st.)

Anyway, these sprites are sexy. Mmmmmm. I'm not sure what to give C&C on, but the 1st stage in the completed normal line, it's head should be bigger. IMO. *shrugs*

trinity_pt
June 17th, 2011, 05:45 PM
That grass/dragon 3 headed thing is really odd. It's not badly done it's just the concept itself is really odd.

And i think that the pigeon Fakemon could be bigger because now he is way too small (in my opinion) other then that good job

Cyber Gorilla
June 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
That grass/dragon 3 headed thing is really odd. It's not badly done it's just the concept itself is really odd.

And i think that the pigeon Fakemon could be bigger because now he is way too small (in my opinion) other then that good job

the concept of the grass/dragon is based on the greek mythological beast known as the hydra
more info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lernaean_Hydra
hope you understand

and i sort of agree with the pigeon he's over due for a redesign anyhow :)

MonsterMMORPG
July 17th, 2011, 01:37 PM
wow your dex is amazing keep doing :d

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 20th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Hmmm I love the type combos you gave you fakemon such as the Dark and Rock type Pokemon and it fits it very well. Wow Toxictarr looks so cool, I thought it would be a ground type but that was before i looked at the typing and maybe you could make it half Poison and Half Ground (but dint get me wrong, the sprite is amazing). My favorite one is the Ice and Fighting type one due to his or hers serious face of being the master of kung -fu )thats how I see it). Great job and looking forward to more of this.

:t354:TG

FreakReborn
July 20th, 2011, 04:55 PM
after pokemon black all fakemon seem good to me, but these actually do look great if u get in some more creative ideas you could actually have a pretty awesome dex there.

and the best part of them is your shading its so umm i guess delicious and easy to look at

ThisIsNotJared
July 25th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I love these typings and you're amazing at spriting! Do you plan to use these in a game of some sort? Keep up the great work!

Pr4da
July 29th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I love your sprite .