PDA

View Full Version : Do You Shake Your X-Mas Presents?

Kelsey
December 19th, 2004, 08:29 AM
OK, I wanna know if any of you like to shake your Christmas gifts to try and decifer what's inside. I know tons of people do it to try and figure out what they have, so, do any of you guys try to "shake things up" around Christmas?
XD

~Kelsey

Alex_
December 19th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Yup, i do it all the time XD It makes it uber easier to tell what it is, or at least get an idea of whats inside XD

Elite Four Lance
December 19th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Yeah I do it a lot of times. It depends on how the size of the present is.

mvtm
December 19th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Nope i ve never actually done it , here in my country is not like in states i guess so . i just see it and open it , if i am in goofy mode and want to guess whats inside i just touch the box , see the weight and texture, kind of troublening , right??? i always discover whats inside lol.

Onizuka04
December 19th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Well no not really.I just feel the present hard and i notice what it is.

TRIFORCE89
December 19th, 2004, 09:41 AM
All I ask for and all I get are video games. And I can kinda tell the difference in size between a GameCube and Game Boy Advance game. So, shaking wouldn't do me any good. It's not going to tell what game is inside, now is it? That, and I don't see any gifts until the day of. :\

Sylphiel
December 19th, 2004, 10:06 AM
I don't. Except for whenever I help to set presents out under the tree, I don't really touch my presents at all. I don't think I wanna know what I have before then, anyways - if it's something good, I wanna be surprised on christmas morning, and not beforehand.

PikaPal
December 19th, 2004, 10:09 AM
I shook one of mine the other day, and guess what? It talked! It was Ash's voice! Ash in a box, YAY! :P

*Chikorita*
December 19th, 2004, 12:19 PM
I always shake my presents to find out what is inside. XD Though alot of the time I know what something is just by looking at the shape of the box. ^__^;;

ravenstorture
December 19th, 2004, 12:20 PM
I just unwrap them and then wrap em back up. XD No, I've only done that once, this year, so I already know what one of my gifts are.

Kyosuke
December 19th, 2004, 12:37 PM
I always shake my presents, its easy to tell if its clothes or something else. But sometimes I unwrap it enough just to get a peek of what it might be XD.

Kairi
December 19th, 2004, 01:35 PM
No, because I have to order them all myself. XD It’s what happens when you have to ask your child what exactly it is they want.

Carlito-san
December 19th, 2004, 01:39 PM
I dont,Cause i know what it is,due to the box size.My stuff is useally VGs,so they really dont shake well.XD

Roxas
December 19th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I think I used to shake my presents. I dont really remember the last time I did it. But I shake christmas cards and birthday, before I open them, cards to see if there's money in them XD

Rubberbandman
December 19th, 2004, 03:00 PM
yeah,but we dont wrap our gifts!xD

Kayleigh
December 19th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Well, to be perfectly honest I do, lol. I don't shake them too hard, just incase something breakable is inside, but I kind of tilt the boxes a little and see how heavy they are. Still, even doing that doesn't really help much because my mom, and especially my grandfather, always tease my brother and I with our gifts.
One time my grandfather stuffed a huge box with heavy rocks, and I had to dig through them to find a little envelope with money inside of it. XD So, I usually can never tell what I'm getting... My family members are tricky ones. *shifty eyes*

December 19th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Why do you want to know? *gasps* ARE THERE PRESENTS HERE?!

On topic, I shake my presents sometimes. I learned not to shake so hard when I was 10 and I broke an antique shot glass. (I collect, and sometimes use, them)

Brittany
December 19th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Well, this year, I have no presents, because I don't want anything. I even said I would probably sell/throw/give anything I get away. I'm just not in the mood for presents this year.

Shana
December 19th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Not really, because something in the box could break since I don't know what it is. XP

BladeForever
December 19th, 2004, 04:50 PM
When I got x-mas presents I use to do that long long ago. If I get presents again, I wont even bother doing so. I'll find out whats inside once I open them..

~Blade~

Teara
December 19th, 2004, 05:54 PM
I uzed to zhake them all the time when I was younger. That waz back when I got toyz zo it waz a little eazier to guezz what waz inzide. Now, I never really azk for anything zo I never have any idea of what I"m gettting. One year I unwrapped the zidez to zee what they were, but my parentz caught on to me ><;; After that they ztarted putting boxez inzide boxez zo I gave up =P

Ryoutarou
December 19th, 2004, 06:10 PM
I use to all the time, I'd shake them and sometimes the paper would rip^^;. But this year I'm not getting anything so there is nothing to shake, not like I care for it that much though.

*~Ashley~*
December 19th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Why should I shake my presents if I already know what they are? My mom makes me pick out all my gifts so she knows it's what I really want. I know what they all are well before Christmas morning. And when I was younger... I just happened to stumble upon the hiding place for the gifts. So I never needed to shake the presents... just peek at them. ^^; That is, until my mom found out and started having everything shipped to her office at work instead of hiding them in the bathroom closet with the lock on it...

[Fair]
December 19th, 2004, 07:12 PM
I don't shake - that tells you too little. Instead, I prefer to grope my presents! ^_^

Here's me on Christmas Eve:

"Game, game, sweatshirt, game, Donkey Konga, alarm clock, 24 Season Three, gun, drugs..."

All it takes is 3 minutes, and BOOM, I know what I'm getting. Heh, Christmas has become sooooo predictable. :P

The Fallen
December 20th, 2004, 09:16 AM
I used to,but then i broke one of my gifts once,and it was something i had wanted pretty bad,so i was mad about that,so i never did it again.

PGN
December 20th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Sometimes I do, but usually my parents get me what's on my Amazon Wishlist, so I look at the size of the present and think of what on my Wishlist is around that size

Mr Cat Dog
December 20th, 2004, 09:40 AM
That's cheating... sorta XD

Normally I don't shake my presents, but I do have a good feel so I can have a wild stab in the dark as to what it wil be XD I think my brother's got me some clothes, but he keeps denying it. So... just have to wait until 5 days time. ^_^

Suzu
December 20th, 2004, 10:36 AM
I normaly peal back the wraping paper a bit =P
This year I already know what I'm getting, so there's no point.

Cherrim
December 20th, 2004, 11:20 AM
I always shake my presents, its easy to tell if its clothes or something else. But sometimes I unwrap it enough just to get a peek of what it might be XD.
xD I did that once. The gift was Scrabble (basically an educational game, in my eyes) and that scared me off of doing it ever again. xD

Er... I don't really shake my gifts, though. If I'm bored, I'll do it just for fun to see if it actually works in the sense that you can figure out the contents. o_O Really it only helps differentiate between gifts of clothing and gifts that aren't clothing. Everything else you can tell from the size of the box and whatnot.

Heh, I won't be doing it this year, though. ^^; We don't get home until the 24th, so I bet nothing will be wrapped and under the tree anyway.

Dsaerno
December 20th, 2004, 07:14 PM
I never shake my presents. I always wonder why people do that- you could break your precious gift!

(Videotape from America's Funniest Home Videos (not really))
"Ahh!! My present's broke!!"
"Did you shake it again?!"
"Maybe..."
Camera gets knocked over, tapes the floor, wierd noises sound omnious. Then all is quiet.
"What a wonderful Christmas. :tired:"

Sorry, that was kinda dumb. Whenever you can't sleep on Christmas Eve, does anyone else start thinking very wierd and strange things? I almost always do! :cheeky:

-Riyuko-
December 20th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Me? Shake my gifts? Never. xD *halo breaks*

Okay, okay...I used to. xD; But now I dont in fear of breaking something. Besides, my mother always finds out and I get in a lot of trouble. xD

--Karli

digi-kun
December 20th, 2004, 09:37 PM
cuz of the fact that i always know wht im getting, of course not

Kylie-chan
December 20th, 2004, 11:28 PM
That's cheating... sorta XD

Normally I don't shake my presents, but I do have a good feel so I can have a wild stab in the dark as to what it wil be XD I think my brother's got me some clothes, but he keeps denying it. So... just have to wait until 5 days time. ^_^
I do that... once I cheated and opened it slightly... I confessed 3 years ago XD ^^

I never get my brother anything for Xmas, and vice versa. ^^ lolz... he spent all his pocket money anyway, and I have none. -_- I bought book 11 of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events with it... XD

I get up really early, sit under the tree, look at the size of it - and it's normally in a box so no point feeling it really - and guess! XD

AngelWolfie
December 20th, 2004, 11:34 PM
That's horrible!!! I never shake my Christmas presents.... I pick at the wrapping paper X3