PDA

View Full Version : Making The Switch

TRIFORCE89
December 19th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Ive recently just switched over from Avant Browser (Internet Explorer) to Mozilla Firefox. It was the fact that is uses extensions that got me. Ive been trying to emulate my Avant experience over through extensions (Ive already downloaded 52 extensions). Theres a couple of things I cant seem to figure out. How can I get it to show me where Ive already visited? I didnt really use this feature for actual sites, but it sure helps a lot when searching through Google. Ive tried using the LinkVisitor extension. Apparently, it doesnt work automatically, and if I hit Mark Link as Visited, nothing happens. I need this feature badly, Google is annoying without it. I also miss the Apply button under print. If I print something in Draft quality then I dont have to worry about hitting draft again every time in that tab. I just hit Apply and it stays. I just noticed this now when I printed one page in draft and one in normal by mistake. @@

Anyone know how I can get these two features into Firefox?

Anarchytekt
December 19th, 2004, 08:56 PM
How can I get it to show me where Ive already visited?
Do you mean like the History button of Internet Explorer??
You can do that by right-clicking on the toolbars(Back, Forward buttons etc.), then click Customize. See The History Button, drag and drop it to your toolbar.
Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + H to display the History.

TRIFORCE89
December 20th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Do you mean like the History button of Internet Explorer??
You can do that by right-clicking on the toolbars(Back, Forward buttons etc.), then click Customize. See The History Button, drag and drop it to your toolbar.
Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + H to display the History.
Err...no. And I've already set all that up.

It's like, say in Google, I've clicked on a site. I read through the site, find nothing important and go back to my search. The link will now be a different colour (probably purple), showing that I've already visited it.

pokejungle
December 20th, 2004, 11:44 AM
I can hopefully shed some light on this ^^

Tools
-Options...
--General
---Fonts & colors

There should be a thing towards the bottom showing what colors unvisited and visited links with show up as ^^

TRIFORCE89
December 20th, 2004, 02:35 PM
I can hopefully shed some light on this ^^

Tools
-Options...
--General
---Fonts & colors

There should be a thing towards the bottom showing what colors unvisited and visited links with show up as ^^
Even after checking Always Use My Colours, nothing happened. And the default colours there were the correct ones, I just didn't have it checked off. But, now it is and still nothing. I restarted the browser to make sure. But thanks for your help anyway. :\

Kipkip
December 20th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Even after checking Always Use My Colours, nothing happened. And the default colours there were the correct ones, I just didn't have it checked off. But, now it is and still nothing. I restarted the browser to make sure. But thanks for your help anyway. :\
The links colors works for me on Linux. Hmm. Do you have the most recent version? I don't think that would be a problem... Can't help. Sorry. Try asking at MozillaZine forums in Firefox suport. What do you mean with your second problem?

TRIFORCE89
December 22nd, 2004, 07:26 AM
Hmm...thank you. I made a post there yesterday on your advice. Just waiting for a response now.

Kairi
December 26th, 2004, 11:26 AM
With the printing thing, you could just set your printer to always print that way, unless the rest of the family doesn’t like it, and you want to restrict it to just the browser’s prints. @_@

Links turn/stay purple for me, though. o_O

TRIFORCE89
January 8th, 2005, 05:12 PM
With the printing thing, you could just set your printer to always print that way, unless the rest of the family doesnt like it, and you want to restrict it to just the browsers prints. @_@

Links turn/stay purple for me, though. o_O
I figured out the links one. I'm a neat freak, and I clear out all my temp files and cookies, etc on a regualr basis. So, I had it to keep the internet history for 0 days. I set to 1 and the links started colurizing again.

Hmm...that's an idea for the printing. I also print Black & White draft anyway. Whenever I do use colour its for a project or something. So, that should work. Thank you.

Mr Cat Dog
January 18th, 2005, 11:53 PM
I have a question, so will write it here instead of spamming up another thread ^_^

I recently downloaded Firefox, but I can't seem to cut/paste. When I try to, a Java thing comes up saying You need to adjust your config file. So, I went into config, and I couldn't find anything. Please help!!! O_O

Anarchytekt
January 19th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Probably the Java thing was talking about configuring Java options.
But, WHAT is it that you couldn't cut/paste?

Geometric-sama
January 21st, 2005, 04:40 PM
I assume you mean a dialog box, not a Java thing? Have you tried looking at the official Firefox site and seeing if there's anything there? *never had that problem* Or give us the exact error message text.