PDA

View Full Version : Favorite genre of anime?

Naruto Uzumaki
June 10th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Hey fellow anime watchers! I was wondering what are some of your favorite genres or anime? Mine would have to be slice of life, romance, school, and action. Ecchi and harem give or take on the plot too :3

Weeaboo Name
June 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Is fabulous a genre?

I don't think I have a favourite genre, variety is the spice of life and all that jazz. If I was forced to pick I'l probably say Psychological, Shoujo and Action maybe.

EmeraldSerenade
June 12th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I'll be honest, I like Horror, Comedy, Slice of Life, Shounen-Ai, some Shoujo, and Yaoi.

Although I've been exposed to a fair amount of Yaoi/Shounen-Ai in general, so I probably know a lot more about those genres...

...okay everyone start judging me, go ahead

Satoshi Ookami
June 12th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Romance and Seinen those are probably my most favorite =)
I also like Slice of Life and School Life =)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
June 13th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Anything romance or shoujo, especially those in a school setting or with magical girls. I've also found several of the slice of life and yuri series to be interesting.

Musashi
June 13th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Romance, Shoujo, Adventure, and Mecha (sometimes comedy but rarely) are my favorite genres. It makes me sad there haven't been many mecha anime out nowadays. I watch mostly old school because of it. D:

Galukxy
June 13th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Romance, Comedy, Action, Adventure, Drama and Shounen are my favorite anime genre, but I'm more into the Romance-comedy or Drama animes because they seem to be more of an interest to me.

Cherrim
June 15th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Mystery and horror. Moreso the former, since I'm not typically a fan of the latter. But if it's animated, I can usually get through it much easier than a live action film/series. :P I looove mysteries and thrillers though, so when something's classified as that, I'm much more likely to check it out.

I guess I also like slice of life, lately, but they've started seeming exactly the same to me so it has to be something special for me to watch now.

QuilavaKing
June 15th, 2011, 04:57 PM
(Why no parody on that list? D:)

Slice of life is obviously the best. Next comes comedy, parody, romance, school life, harem, and ecchi.

There are a few others that I voted for like action, shounen, shoujo, supernatural etc. that I don't mind, but they aren't the best parts of an anime.

jigglyppuff8
June 15th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Generic Ecchi Harem Comedy. I don't know why, but I feel a sense of ease while watching these kind of things. God forbid I actually enjoy actual, legitimate genres of anime.

I'd also say Shoujo Ai/Yuri anime, but most are p terrible to be honest. Should stick to manga and doujins honestly.

ii_Amby Bear_ii
June 18th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Romance, adventure, comedy, drama, psychological...especially the latter.

Pyrax
June 18th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Hentai

I prefer Shounen, Mecha, Horror, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Adventure, and Supernatural.

Skymin
June 19th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Shounen is always good. I like things that involve somebody obtaining powers that can be prone to going out of control. Those are always good. Unless the main character gets a hold of themselves and then they get boring.

so like, usually supernatural mixed with Shounen.

zoo3891
June 19th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Mecha, Psychological, Shounen, and Horror.

Sсott
June 19th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Yes, probably the generic harem, school life, and comedy anime, mostly. However, generally, there is no particular genre or combination of genres that I aim for in an anime. I usually read some reviews, watch a couple of trailers, and maybe try out the first episode before opting to watch an anime, and not by its said genre. Okay, maybe a harem plus school life anime is an exception to that, but anyways.

.Marion
June 20th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I'm more of a comedy-loving person :)

Other genres I want are:

Fantasy
Action
Romance
Adventure
Sci-Fi
Mecha

LatiasSoulDew
June 22nd, 2011, 09:24 PM
After I checked, I realized that the genre of most of anime that I like was:
- Action
- Comedy
- Ecchi
- Romance
- School Life
- Fantasy

And my favorite genre is Action and School Life, since not all of School Life is Action and not all of Action is School Life I can't pick one of them.

West the Hardcore Nerd
July 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
Hammy, over-the-top combat between massive robot fighters? Sign me up! Slap on some GAR and a healthy dollop of Ecchi, and you got yourself the greatest anime of all time. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Alley Cat
July 2nd, 2011, 10:00 PM
I have a lot of different genres of anime that I like. But it's more or less the same for things not anime as well.

I enjoy a good laugh, something scary, something dopey and romantic, something explosive, and something edgy every now and again. Depends on my mood, and how good they carry out the individual show, despite it's actual genre.

~Ryukaa
July 3rd, 2011, 03:44 AM
My utmost favourite genre in any anime would have to be comedy.
I also really love Adventure and School Life.
But yeah, I probably wouldn't be able to stand an anime if it didn't have any comedy. Comedy tends to make you like the characters more. Especially with animes that are centered around comedy.

BBA_Beyblader_321
July 6th, 2011, 07:47 PM
ACTION and FANTASY. For example, I currently love Ao No Exorcist. ( Not just because UVERworld does the opening theme... *cough* That's just how I found it.) But it has two amazing fight scenes. That and Katekyo Hitman Reborn. I LOOOOVE fighting scenes! especially When the animation is good. Animation is key. (Trigun is the only exception)

Snivi
July 31st, 2011, 02:14 PM
1 Shoujo because its aimed @ girls
2 Romance because I love to read about love
3 School Life love stories that are high school based
4 Comedy gotta have humor