PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: The "No Trolling" Rule is too harsh

FreakyLocz14
June 11th, 2011, 02:47 AM
I think it should be no harmful/malicious trolling. Sometimes trolls can what are called "good trolls". They're just funny and don't harm anyone.

Perrie ✿
June 11th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Yes, but aren't these "good trolls" still spamming up the place, yes it maybe funny and not harming anyone, but it's still SPAM, which is against the rules...

Vrai
June 11th, 2011, 02:59 AM
I don't think this requires any degree of judgment outside of what is trolling and what is not. ;x

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 11th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Whether or not we consider a person to be a troll or not is up to the staff members' discretion, but the higher staff generally discuss a troll if we become aware of one.

We don't issue the trolling infractions lightly. If you feel there's an instance where a staff member has issued a trolling infraction in an unjust manner, then you're free to approach a member of the higher staff (such as myself) about it.

abnegation
June 11th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Generally the no trolling rule applies to the malicious trolls anyway, but at the same time, if a person is just intending on going around spamming to be funny, the punishment is going to be much the same since it's pretty much a nuisance.

If you enjoy reading those kind of posts go to 4Chan.

Sodom
June 11th, 2011, 03:31 AM
There are also ways you can be funny without trolling. If you want to be funny, you should do it smartly. I'm not saying we should lynch the funny trolls, but after a while their shtick gets old and they just become annoying.

BlooMilk C.
June 11th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I agree with you, but there are many trolls out there who frankly aren't funny at all, and their remarks are just hurtful and inflammatory. I think that's what the rule refers to.

Masqueraine
June 11th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I think if you can troll without getting caught you deserve not to get an infraction. ;)

If you enjoy reading those kind of posts go to 4Chan.

>implying 4chan has good trolls

olol i c what u did thar

Patchisou Yutohru
June 11th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I'm fully against easing up on trolling. Trolling and disrespecting members are the only two rules that I honestly care about enough to deal with (other than deleting the problem and forgetting about). If your only source of amusement is trolling, you have a tacky and simplistic sense of humor.

Cherrim
June 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM
We generally ignore trolls who are just funny and not harming anyone, so long as they're capable of on-topic discussion. The rule was mostly added to deal with the malicious ones who walked the lines of the other rules to avoid infraction or punishment.

Lily
June 11th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Your definition of 'trolling' might be different from staff members' perspective (it probably is, it's all perspective). Ultimately, it's their discretion.

Livewire
June 11th, 2011, 05:50 PM
In no way, shape, or form, will I ever permit it in Other Chat. Our rules concerning trolling are perfectly fair, and It's like that for a good reason. As Nick previously said, it's immature and in poor taste to do so. I'd prefer the trolls stay at 4chan, not here.