PDA

View Full Version : Style feedback: The Top Dog

Forever
June 11th, 2011, 04:13 AM
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6872/topdog2.png

You may have noticed in the last few hours that there's a new style! This style is based upon Herdier, one of the new Generation 5 Pokemon.

How does it look? Well...
http://i.imm.io/6lAO.png
But if you wanna see more, click the link below!

Click here to switch to The Top Dog (http://www.pokecommunity.com/index.php?styleid=232)

Also, Kip did an amazing job on the buttons, while I designed the colour scheme, css, etc. There's a chance the postbit may be redesigned in the future anyway as far as buttons go, but as a whole everything else is staying the same. Enjoy~

Naruto Uzumaki
June 11th, 2011, 04:39 AM
It looks really nice, good work Forever and Kip! I'll switch to it right now!

Maple Leaf
June 11th, 2011, 09:33 AM
This is pretty good!

There's so much Herdier in this style! (That's a good thing.)

Vrai
June 11th, 2011, 09:41 AM
It looks awesome, guys. Great job. :3 /me sets to default obv

AshPikastar
June 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Oh Forever, this theme is so awesome! I love the color theme to it, the banner is adorable and I love the dog prints. I this is going to be my main skin now.

Gumball Watterson
June 11th, 2011, 11:04 AM
The color scheme is nice but...

... why Herdier >__>

Galukxy
June 11th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I love the colour scheme. You too have done a very good job with this. ^^
And the buttons look awesome too O:

Oryx
June 11th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Wahhhhh so happy. Default default default. c:

Great job, it looks great!

Signomi
June 11th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I am loving everything except the offline/online/invisible buttons.

They are such an eyesore to look at next to somebody's name in Standard. :\

shenanigans
June 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Herdier yes.

Although I agree with Signomi; the buttons look sort of oversized and not needing to be that big. How about green, red or gray Herdier sprite silhouettes?

Masqueraine
June 11th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I really like the skin but the online button is huge. I think just the herdier inside of it would've been way better, but overall it's wicked nice and I'm gonna use it for a bit. :)

EDIT: I like how the posts in front of mine basically say the same thing, lol.

abnegation
June 11th, 2011, 02:24 PM
All these 2 colour buttons are really annoying. I like the colour scheme and ideas, but I dislike the button method as I say, and Herdier is very plain an uninteresting, not sure why you chose it. It's not exactly what I'd choose in a design.

But I'm sure some people will like this, overall it's well executed, for what you wanted.

Patchisou Yutohru
June 11th, 2011, 04:31 PM
The post comment, infract, report, and IP buttons are reeeeallly hard to see. I thought that there would be a hover glow or something added when you hover over it, but there isn't. They're so dark and don't stand out all that much. The tcat font size is really unappealing to me. Other than that, I don't have much to say. Though, I agree with what others have said about the online/offline/invisible icons. Blah!

countryemo
June 11th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Looks ok no offense. To me, the banner is a bit tall. I didnt even notice the Report/ect buttons on top till the were pointed out. I like the color scheme, seems basic like an enhanced "default skin". The offline/Online buttons are huge. Overall its a nice theme. Keep going :) Im sure you have lots of fans :D

Signomi
June 11th, 2011, 10:01 PM
All these 2 colour buttons are really annoying. I like the colour scheme and ideas, but I dislike the button method as I say, and Herdier is very plain an uninteresting, not sure why you chose it. It's not exactly what I'd choose in a design.

But I'm sure some people will like this, overall it's well executed, for what you wanted.
But that's you. I can agree with the rest of your comment, but so what if Nica decided to use Herdier as the mascot pokemon for her theme? That is her favourite pokemon and just because you wouldn't personally use it doesn't mean nobody else can't.

As far as I'm concerned, she made a very aesthetically pleasing style that isn't too harsh or overly done with effects. Not too much, not too little. It's just right, the only thing that does bother me happen to be the buttons, but those can be easily rectified. The Pokemon certainly doesn't put me off, and there will be quite a few people around who will feel the same way.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
June 12th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Prettyful~ <3 The color scheme is pretty and so is the banner~ XD
/Sets it as default.

Regeneration
June 12th, 2011, 05:02 AM
OMG I LOVE THIS THEME NOW I CAN FINALLY SWITCH OVER FROM BY BELOVED vB DEFAULT!!111!!

I like themes with simplistic designs and this one is simply amazing. Nice job you two! I'm in love with the colour scheme already. <3

abnegation
June 12th, 2011, 05:11 AM
But that's you. I can agree with the rest of your comment, but so what if Nica decided to use Herdier as the mascot pokemon for her theme? That is her favourite pokemon and just because you wouldn't personally use it doesn't mean nobody else can't.

As far as I'm concerned, she made a very aesthetically pleasing style that isn't too harsh or overly done with effects. Not too much, not too little. It's just right, the only thing that does bother me happen to be the buttons, but those can be easily rectified. The Pokemon certainly doesn't put me off, and there will be quite a few people around who will feel the same way.
I'm pretty sure I did exclaim that it was me, and my personal taste, so I don't know why you're outlining that which I've said. I gave reason why I wouldn't use it, it's still a nice style, and I'm sure a lot of people will like it. You could say "but that's you" to anyone who posted their opinion on the style in the thread really. So not sure why you've targeted me Sig.

At any rate, I think the style will look better overall with the new buttons.

Forever
June 12th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Thanks guys. :3 By the way the buttons have been updated so the transparency issues are fixed as well as the who's online icons so the style should be all perfect now. :D; despite Kip not wanting that.

If it's not displayin' yet, just F5 it.

Doppelgänger
June 12th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I really like this skin! The colors and everything fit well together. Well done! Will use it for awhile.

Alternative
June 12th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I'll agree, it's a very nice style. I won't be using it though because it's just not wide enough for my small screen, which the style should really stretch right to the end. It's still a very nice style, and I'd probably use it if it weren't for that small issue.

Azure Rathalδs
June 12th, 2011, 09:23 AM
This is a nice theme for a desktop computer, but I do think that reduced Stand Nexus does fit my notebook better. I'll wait for a banner resize.

Fernando
June 12th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I am quite fond of this theme nice job to both Forever and Kip. Herdier is very cool looking and I can never get tired of a dog Pokémon. Will be using this for now. :)

Anna
June 12th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Ooh I quite like this. The color scheme reminds me of my beloved Forest Grovyle's Legendaries, but sleeker. The banner is a bit tall, but otherwise no complaints. <3

Alinthea
June 12th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Nice work you two. I do like the style.
One thing I would pick at is the online & offline icons; they are a bit to big for me.

However, good work. Nice and fresh!

Sydian
June 12th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Looks cute, but like Fabio said, the online/offline things are too big. They're almost the size of a mod bar, so it looks kinda weird. But it's cute. :>

Anna
June 12th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I'm getting a little off-put by the fact that links in posts are nearly the same color at the text. Maybe it's just me that's blind, but I've not been able to see them well. Perhaps they could be a bit darker?

HarrisonH
June 12th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Okay, this has been bugging me for a while. Are you all paying for all of these styles? It seems that we can't go a month without yet another style being added to the already bloated number we have.

Anna
June 12th, 2011, 09:17 PM
People make the styles on their own time. I don't believe there is any payment to any party involved.

Vrai
June 12th, 2011, 09:20 PM
It's like a donation of time and effort to PC in the form of a really nice style that other people can use, basically. No payment involved. :)

King Gumball
June 12th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Very late but I was away for a few days :3 Great job on the new skin, I love it all except the online/offline. I think it is really awesome Forever and Kip! I will continue to use Unova's Violet Masquerade though n__n

vaporeon7
June 12th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I like KG was away for a few days. I really like it you two. I think you have really outdone yourselves. This will certainly be my default skin. Now you have some time to design a Vaporeon themed forum skin.

Echidna
June 12th, 2011, 11:49 PM
looks great. Good job on that.

Sora's Nobody
June 13th, 2011, 12:30 AM
No. This is-- Sigh. Overkill. And it obviously meant for huge monitors..

Kevin
June 13th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I agree with Sora's Nobody. And the logo is way too huge. The colors are pretty good, but I probably won't be using this...

Gothitelle.
June 13th, 2011, 06:46 AM
it looks teeww ketooooe :3

There should beh a Gothitelle based skin next (9 9)

Flashmeteor
June 13th, 2011, 07:22 AM
No. This is-- Sigh. Overkill. And it obviously meant for huge monitors..

This ^ It looks nice, it's just way too huge for my taste. Everything's all bulky. But the colors are pretty nice.

Brittani
June 13th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I think the theme is absolutely adorable ^^ And despite what everyone says, I think the offline/online bars are just the right size this time, and I wouldn't change them. White and blue never looked so good together till now (:

♠Dawn Rayne♠
June 13th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I just went ahead and switched mine over the the Pichu brothers one. The top dog one is pretty cool though, great job!

Ducklighter
June 13th, 2011, 01:28 PM
The new style is looking great. Great work!

NatureKeeper
June 14th, 2011, 01:43 AM
As soon as I saw the style I had my thoughts towards Forever. Now that I checked, they (he/she, whatever) made the theme.

Impo
June 14th, 2011, 03:19 AM
The logo is quite big, but I like the Lillpup line, so I'm using it.
Nice choice of colours, too!

Twiggy
June 14th, 2011, 05:43 AM
This is now my current style.

It is really easy on the eyes... just like Forever's styles are.

The only problems I have are the huge site banner, the padding around the page, and the online/offline status icons - they are a bit too large.

Also, I noticed that there is no separation between the postbit and the post content. Hmm...

Palkiacatcher
June 14th, 2011, 06:28 AM
This new forum...looks...so...SEXY.

I am DEFINITELY going to be coming back here more often.

And hey, I might even reopen my thread up just because it's so SEXY.

EDIT:Agreeing with the guy above me, yes, the banner up top is way too big! Whoever does the layout; you should make it a little bigger than the last banner but just downsize this one a little! Other than that, everything else on the site looks GREAT.

Captain Hobo.
June 14th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I like it a lot. It's one of my favorite styles. Good job:)

PokéSwimmer
June 15th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I didn't really like this style at first, but it really has grown on me. One thing I'd like to point out though is that, at the time of posting, the "Forward" button for PMs is still in the VBulletin Default style. It looks kinda out of place:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/The_Top_Dog/buttons/forward.gif
http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/The_Top_Dog/buttons/forward.gif

Otherwise, good job!

Anna
June 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I think something broke... In Legacy mode, above the username & stuff, the text for the date, time, and post number is white-on-white. And dropdown menus no longer have a blue background.
[Screenshot (http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/misssmartsies/example.png)]
Is this just my computer screwing around again, or did something else happen?

Rukario
June 15th, 2011, 09:26 PM
its white text..
guess some more minor tweaks are needed.

Forever
June 15th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Yeaaaah I suck with hosting sites, haha. >__>; When the images are back up, I'll just get them uploaded directly to PC and there will be no issues.

Rukario
June 15th, 2011, 09:43 PM
what.. you didn't directly upload them to pc?

FOREVERTHEMEFAIL

LightOfTruth
June 16th, 2011, 07:48 AM
The Top Dog theme does make me use this site more because I like the blue look :)