PDA

View Full Version : Friday's singer was at Last Friday Night!!!

Diamond1304
June 13th, 2011, 05:41 AM
So it has been announced that the teen singer of Friday, a song who went viral over Youtube (not to mention having more dislikes than likes), Rebecca Black co-stars in the latest music video from Katy Perry- Last Friday Night.

Now we all know what happened after Miss Black led those children on that fateful Friday night, to a massive party of all things crazy. and horny :P

I think, maybe a bit of a guess, that Katy Perry just wants to stir up some discussion over her newest MV, just like what we're doing, or she may just want to give Rebecca Black somemore limelight in the industry? So far, reason aren't clear why Perry's decisions were like that, but from what I've watched from the video so far, I think Rebecca is just there to give the adolescent mood of the partying music video. :>

So what do you think? Do you think Katy shouldn't have included Rebecca Black, especially after what commotion the teenage has stirred up over the Internet? Or do you think that Katy Perry just wants to be controversial as usual by using Miss Black as a pawn? What are your feelings on this matter, post away!~~

Here's the link on every detail. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/12/katy-perry-last-friday-night-video_n_875536.html)

RHIOneAlbum
June 14th, 2011, 06:05 AM
this was a disappointment, as I HATED friday, and RB, and Katy Perry is my fav pop singer (I prefer rap over pop though)

EDIT: I thought it was that chick from Suite Life at first tbh lol

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne

Banjora Marxvile
June 14th, 2011, 06:44 AM
To be honest, why should it matter if she's in a video. The only reason why Rebecca Black is so famous and known is due to everyone commenting about her skills. Also, if she's not singing in the video, why hate it? It's not her song, so why hate it because of that.

Perhaps a reason why Katy Perry perhaps included her was as a subtle hint as to what Rebecca's song was about (Fridays, who knows...) or to show her how to make a real music video. Eh, the reason is not important, I can think of way more controversial choices. And they perhaps aren't relevant or suitable.

RHIOneAlbum
June 14th, 2011, 07:02 AM
To be honest, why should it matter if she's in a video. The only reason why Rebecca Black is so famous and known is due to everyone commenting about her skills. Also, if she's not singing in the video, why hate it? It's not her song, so why hate it because of that.

Perhaps a reason why Katy Perry perhaps included her was as a subtle hint as to what Rebecca's song was about (Fridays, who knows...) or to show her how to make a real music video. Eh, the reason is not important, I can think of way more controversial choices. And they perhaps aren't relevant or suitable.
True... that lifted my disappointment a bit, however i found a quite funny comment on the video:
Oh Rebecca Black, we don't hate you because you're famous,
you're famous because we hate you.
made me laugh at least

Diamond1304
June 14th, 2011, 10:30 PM
True... that lifted my disappointment a bit, however i found a quite funny comment on the video:
Oh Rebecca Black, we don't hate you because you're famous,
you're famous because we hate you.
made me laugh at least
I think that came from Charlie Sheen's tweet?

I don't think this discussion is hating on her. I think, honestly, that from what I've seen in the video, do you think Rebecca Black should go with acting than singing? She's a pretty good actress in the music video, even though she didn't really do anything. xD

I guess so too, and like you said, Katy Perry could have gone a more controversial path. But I find the persona of a nerdy Kathy Beth Terry quite enjoyable for such a contrasting theme of Last Friday Night. :3

Banjora Marxvile
June 14th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I only said that bit about why everyone knows who she is in comment to the person above saying that she near enough ruined the song for them.

Actually, I think Rebecca Black would be a good actress, and may fit her more than her singing. I mean, her voice isn't the worst in the world, buuuut... She has that actress vibe about her, that'd just fit in some of these child/early teens comedies you see on Nickelodeon. I think Katy Perry chose her with good intentions, not as a pawn like the original poster said, and who knows what may come out of it.

RHIOneAlbum
June 15th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Acting would be good, never thought of RB doing that, just please... don't have her sing again unless its for Disney or Nickelodeon. It doesn't fit any other areas of pop that I can see... If you can find an area in the music industry for a high autotuned voice, be my guest :D... T Pain could teach her

Femme Fatale
June 16th, 2011, 01:28 AM
I personally loved the video! It was great. I think Rebecca was a cute addition, I mean she's infamous for her song Friday, and Katy's song is also about Friday so it's pretty obvious why she was there and I think it worked.

Musashi
June 16th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Katy Perry's one of my favorite pop singers (right next to Shakira) and I just find the whole thing funny. Using Rebecca Black? Really? The jab at Charlie Sheen made me lol Totally loved the retro 80s feel of the music video. I <3 80s stuff.

Denny Hamlin
June 16th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I have no problem whatsoever with Rebecca Black being on Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night" music video, despite hating her song so much in the past few months. To be honest, I liked her in the video. She was a great addition. It makes me appreciate a little more of what she's doing.

Amore
June 23rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
I personally think it's quite blatantly got something to do with Black's song being called "Friday".

However, that video is a fairly decent video, particularly as there's a Saxophone bit in it.

Cherrim
June 23rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
I didn't like the song at all the first time I heard it and now I think it might be my favourite on Perry's album. :P I like the fact that Rebecca was in the video. The song is blatantly un-serious and tossing an internet meme universally known for Fridays into another song about Fridays is just pretty cool imo.

Not that I liked the video itself. :( So long!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 30th, 2011, 09:41 AM
When I saw Rebecca Black (I had to see it to believe it and I saw her) I got scared because I thought that she was featured (as in singing along with Katy Perry). It's good that she did not sing in the song. I love the video but I really do not like the song because I'm not into Pop music.

:t354:TG