PDA

View Full Version : "Ew, what a waste of my precious time."

curiousnathan
June 21st, 2011, 03:06 AM
Have you ever read a manga that you totally disliked. It was so boring that you just had to stop reading and ditch it? What is the worst Manga/comic you have ever read? Why?

(Manga in general.)

~Ryukaa
June 21st, 2011, 03:19 AM
Do you mean a Pokemon manga, or manga in general?
If referring to Pokemon manga, then the new BW PokeSpe is good, but not as great as I hoped it would be. If you're referring to manga in general, you've got the wrong section.

curiousnathan
June 21st, 2011, 03:30 AM
Do you mean a Pokemon manga, or manga in general? If referring to Pokemon manga, then the new BW PokeSpe is good, but not as great as I hoped it would be. If you're referring to manga in general, you've got the wrong section.

I will edit the post, sorry for the confusion. :) I mean Mnaga in general. But Pokemon is fine, either way is fine I suppose.

Alice
June 21st, 2011, 09:42 AM
Yeah, 11eyes(well, that was the anime) and Girlsaurus.

11eyes was just bad, and Girlsaurus was disgusting. =/

A Pixy
June 21st, 2011, 09:51 AM
Naruto. I want those hours back. I can do so much with them. :C

Demelza
June 21st, 2011, 03:05 PM
Emmmmm probably Ouran High School Host Club. Loved the anime but just really didn't take to the manga, tried reading about five chapters then gave up.

LatiasSoulDew
June 22nd, 2011, 09:07 PM
There was so many.. and lately is Toriko. Since I've been tried to read it, I just kept reading and hoping the story will grows and become better, but in the end I just get bored and ditch it.

But, for me not everything goes that way, there are also a lot of manga is better than I had expected after I tried to read it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
June 23rd, 2011, 05:32 AM
I haven't read any manga that I've totally despised, but I feel like I've wasted time picking up several series that have been dropped after one or two volumes (a recent one would be Kasumi, dropped by the publisher after two volumes).

Usually I give manga volumes a quick look-through at Barnes & Noble/Borders before I commit to buying anything, so I haven't been stuck with really a bad one yet.

Venusaur♣
June 23rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
I haven't really came across a manga I totally hate, usually it's bearable because I thoroughly study it beforehand. Naruto is getting to be a bore for me tho, so it might be the first I'm going to drop.

Chairman Kaga
June 23rd, 2011, 10:09 PM
Don't kill me, but the only manga I've put serious time into only to drop was Fairy Tail. Every arc had some kind of big buildup that suddenly fizzled out, and the resolution to everything always seemed to be NATSU JUST HAD TO HAVE MORE SPIRIT. His comeback victory against Gazille after pretty much being pummeled into dust repeatedly by him was just a facepalm moment for me and I quit a few chapters into the next arc.

Demelza
June 24th, 2011, 04:28 AM
I haven't really came across a manga I totally hate, usually it's bearable because I thoroughly study it beforehand. Naruto is getting to be a bore for me tho, so it might be the first I'm going to drop.

If it helps Naruto does pick up again, depends what volume/chapter you're up to but I'm quite far into it and still enjoying it.

RYOUKI
June 24th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Don't kill me, but the only manga I've put serious time into only to drop was Fairy Tail. Every arc had some kind of big buildup that suddenly fizzled out, and the resolution to everything always seemed to be NATSU JUST HAD TO HAVE MORE SPIRIT. His comeback victory against Gazille after pretty much being pummeled into dust repeatedly by him was just a facepalm moment for me and I quit a few chapters into the next arc.

Nuuuuuuuuuuu.

For me it's.... Maburaho. The anime was nice but the manga... It's just short stories with no plot going. I want my money back and I want my time back. ):<

flamz321
June 24th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I'm glad to say all the mangas I've read I at least liked.

O_o wut? The beginning of naruto shippuden might have been just a tiny bit boring but now I can't wait for every manga to come out! It's become a drug for me...:paranoid:

Chikara
June 24th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I've never really dropped a manga intentionally. I just decide I have no time for it, and stop reading.

But I've dropped SO MANY ANIMES. K-ON, Fairy Tail, Togainu no Chi (dat animation)... I also dropped TnC cause I knew what was going to happen. I called. Everything. Stupid TnC game, making the terrible anime adaption even less enjoyable.

Weeaboo Name
June 26th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Cowboy Bebop manga, i guess it was just a letdown after such a good series.

Katja
June 26th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Naruto. I want those hours back. I can do so much with them. :C
THISSSSSSSS. MY god how much time I wasted reading that poo. The only reason why I kept reading it was hoping Sauce would magically become a good guy and finally get with Sakura.

PerlaNemesis
July 17th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Haou Airen - how I managed to finish two volumes is beyond me.

Elster
July 19th, 2011, 09:12 PM
If manhwa count, I nominate Half Prince. Worst part is that I genuinely liked the beginning but the quality started slipping until I stopped reading altogether.

Eпvy
July 24th, 2011, 09:17 PM
If anime count, Gintama.

I watched around 55 episodes, and I just don't get it. The series is boring (although, it's supposed to be funny. It isn't.), and has no real story. The only really 'serious' arc that I saw was not anything that really grabbed me. Aside from that serious arc it was all episodic episodes that I rarely found funny. It's hard to enjoy an series like that.

Cassino
July 27th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Shakugan no Shana. Stopped reading after the first volume mainly because of Shana's lack of coherence. Given the nature of her design and her initial demeanour I was expecting something more mature, vaguely like Gunslinger Girl with swords, but there we go... The artwork is good though; I've thought of continuing readership of it just for the fights, but its ongoing status (at least at the time) put me off, amongst other things — I like short stories.

keoni
August 14th, 2011, 05:09 AM
D. Gray-Man and K-On.. OH AND BLEACH.

I just can't get into D. Gray-Man... It's just not interesting to me.

K-On... I don't know what the hell is going on with those panels, but I swear they change their order by the chapter.

Bleach... I made it to chapter 421... In a day and a few extra hours. It just needs to end with Ichigo dying. That'd be the perfect end.

Graceful
August 26th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I dropped "Koko ni iru yo!" because after LOADS of chapters, nothing really happened. It was like, I like him and I like him and that type of crap. >.<
I've also dropped Bleach due to the lack of the development around chapter 420 >.>

Azumi
August 29th, 2011, 01:11 AM
The Hachune Miku manga. The beginning was so-so, but it was getting pretty boring as I read on, and generally the art style was so... ugh.

Eurydice
September 18th, 2011, 04:41 AM
the only one i have stopped atm is captive hearts. the story line is really slow moving, i am going to try reading it again but i dont know if i will ever complete the series

Joe Chan
September 24th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Bleach, Gantz, HSD Kenichi, (Tries to remember more but fails)

Bleach - Should've ended when they defeated Aizen and Ichigo lossing his powers.

Gantz - lost all interest around chapters 250-270. Continue reading until 320s.

HSD Kenichi - most recent in giving up. I just lost all interest in it.