PDA

View Full Version : Favourite animated Disney film!

Gold warehouse
June 29th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Poll is in chronological order. There wasn't enough room to include all of them so I only included the most popular ones, I had to get rid of some of the good ones though so I just decided which ones I thought would be less popular when getting rid of some. I didn't include Toon Disney; and I didn't include Pixar because they're an entire whole league of their own. Apart from that I think I included all the best ones!

For me it's: Hercules > Tarzan > Alice in Wonderland > Aladdin. I love 101 Dalmations too but not on the same level.

Patchisou Yutohru
June 29th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I like Alice in Wonderland, 101 Dalmations, Aristocats, Fox and the Hound, Aladdin, Lion King, and Tangled. I don't think I can choose between Aladdin and Lion King as my favorite, though, so I'll just go with Lion King simply because it was my first favorite.

Stash
June 29th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Aladdin, Lion King, Tarzan, and most recently Tangled. I've watched nearly all Disney's animated movies. But my favorite out of the four aforementioned would be Lion King.

DiscoGlacier
June 29th, 2011, 01:47 PM
This is a tough one, although I'd have to say Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Pinocchio, and The Great Mouse Detective are among my favorites

Oryx
June 29th, 2011, 02:16 PM
The Hunchback of Notre Dame is the best and you didn't even include it D:<

ソラ
June 30th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I don't want to list it all but my top 5 is

Lilo & Stitch
Tarzan
Lion King
Tangled
Mulan

Galukxy
June 30th, 2011, 12:06 AM
This is hard, but my favorite would be Beauty and the Beast then The Lion King and then lastly The Aristocats.

~Ryukaa
June 30th, 2011, 12:07 AM
My favourites would probably have to be Tangled, the Lion King, Mulan and Meet the Robinsons. o3o
But heck, all Disney movies are freaking brilliant.

JimJams
June 30th, 2011, 12:33 AM
I checked The Lion King, 101 Dalmatians and Treasure Planet. All gorgeously designed and animated films. :)

I'm actually surprised at the popularity of Tangled. While it is nice to look at, there's not much there plot wise and the characters are actually quite bland.

Just sayin'.

Pyrax
June 30th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I'd have to say Mulan, Tarzan, Aristocats, and Lilo & Stitch.
I'd also have to mention The Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, and The Great Mouse Detective.

Tox
June 30th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Mulan is my favourite, followed by The Lion King. They're both awesome movies. I do actually like a few of the others (Lilo & Stitch, The Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, etc.) but not really in comparison. I haven't seen a few of them, and can't remember others but I don't watch too many animated Disney movies anymore. My answers are based off my childhood impressions.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 30th, 2011, 05:31 AM
I'll pick one at random since I am not a Disney fan and don't have a favorite. However, I did watch them as a kid (did not really enjoy them and I was forced into watching them too) but I will go with the Lion King trilogy because thats the last one that I remember watching sometime this year.

:t354:TG

DawnHikari87
June 30th, 2011, 06:31 AM
I've been a fan of Snow White since I was little.

Not a fan of the newer films as I find them trying to be too 'hip, cool, and funky' and that irks me.

JimJams
June 30th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Oh gosh, I forgot about the Emporer's New Groove! One of the writers for it, Matthew Jacobs (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0414226/), teaches at my college. :)

Pokemon Trainer Touko
July 1st, 2011, 01:16 AM
Lion King, Alice in wonderland and 101 Dalmations are my favorite animated disney films. XD;;

Femme Fatale
July 1st, 2011, 03:43 AM
Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid and Pocahontas PWN!!

Zeffy
July 1st, 2011, 06:08 AM
Lion King and Tangled. Well, Lion King was the first ever animated movie I've watched so it obviously has a place in my heart. And Tangled...well, it was just great in my opinion.

Sora
July 1st, 2011, 07:29 AM
Music Wise: Tarzan. Hand downs.

Not including music: Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, The Fox and the Hound, Sleeping Beauty, and The Aristocats are among my favorites.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
July 1st, 2011, 08:22 AM
Well, if Disney had ever decided to make a full-length Darkwing Duck movie, I think we all know what would be at the top of my list.

But since they didn't and I didn't really watch too much Disney movies, I'll have to fall back on what I remebered watching at the babysitter's when I was a kid - Lion King, Little Mermaid, and Snow White.

Mew~
July 1st, 2011, 08:23 AM
Heh, well I'm not too sure about music wise. But my favourite disney film, by far would have to be Lion King. I honestly love it, including the sequel. It did have some cool and funny music too though.

Blue Nocturne
July 1st, 2011, 08:24 AM
There will always be a special place in my heart, and my hard drive, for Mulan. I absolutely adore it!

Hercules comes in at a relatively distant second, though I still love it to bits.

Esper
July 1st, 2011, 09:06 AM
Beauty and the Beast is definitely my favorite of the "princess" movies, but Lilo & Stitch is really fresh and different for a Disney movie and I think Stitch is adorable so I'd probably say it's my favorite non-Pixar Disney movie overall.

Kyoko
July 1st, 2011, 09:19 AM
MULAN. and Aladdin, Lion King, and Little Mermaid :)

I own Aladdin and Lion King but I can't fathom why I haven't gotten around to buying Mulan and Little Mermaid since I love those too! I haven't seen Mermaid in forever though, I'll have to try watching it soon.

Soraine
July 1st, 2011, 10:38 AM
Favourites:
Tarzan
The Lion King
Mulan

JP
July 1st, 2011, 11:56 AM
Lion King, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Treasure Planet are probably my favorites. Tough choices for sure.

Ayselipera
July 1st, 2011, 12:05 PM
In no particular order,

Hercules, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, Lion King, Mulan, and Winnie The Pooh. I'm pretty sure I like the Little Mermaid too, but I haven't seen it in a while so that could change.

Mr Cat Dog
July 2nd, 2011, 02:19 PM
I have a strange fondness for Robin Hood which probably stems from watching it at least once a month when at my gran's from about the ages of 5 to 10. Even then I realised the animation was spotty at best, but it holds a special place in my heart.

For Disney cartoons that I genuinely like without sentiment attached to them, probably Pinocchio and Beauty and the Beast are the ones that I like most. Haven't seen them in ages though... probably worth a revisit.

Posting Binge: 4/40

Evanlyn
July 2nd, 2011, 05:19 PM
my favourites are; Hercules, Lilo & Stitch, Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs, and Lion King

I also like Tangled but I forgot to vote for it :S

Digimon Kaiser
July 2nd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Aladdin, The Lion King, Mulan, and Tarzan. Never saw Hercules, though.

And you forgot The Princess and the Frog, as well as The Hunchback of Notre Dame, the former I never saw, the latter was OK.

EDIT: Brother Bear was forgotten, as well as The Great Mouse Detective, Home on the Range, Dinosaur, The Black Cauldron, and The Emperor's New Groove.

I forgot to add Dinosaur, The Emperor's New Groove, Lilo & Stitch, and Brother Bear to my choices for the poll.

Brendino
July 2nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Out of all of the choices up there, The Lion King was my favourite Disney movie of all-time. I remember anxiously waiting for Lion King 2 to come out, and I ended up getting it on Christmas and watching it 5 or 6 times before New Years.

I also remember watching Lady and the Tramp and Little Mermaid a lot, because they were my sisters' favourite movies. I also liked watching the Lilo & Stitch cartoon, but I never actually watched the movie.

Ayselipera
July 2nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Aladdin, The Lion King, Mulan, and Tarzan. Never saw Hercules, though.

And you forgot The Princess and the Frog, as well as The Hunchback of Notre Dame, the former I never saw, the latter was OK.

EDIT: Brother Bear was forgotten, as well as The Great Mouse Detective, Home on the Range, Dinosaur, The Black Cauldron, and The Emperor's New Groove.

I forgot to add Dinosaur, The Emperor's New Groove, Lilo & Stitch, and Brother Bear to my choices for the poll.

It's already been mentioned why not all Disney titles were added.

On that note though I do remember really liking The Sword in the Stone, Fantasia, and Atlantis: the Lost Empire for others.

Captain Hobo.
July 2nd, 2011, 09:08 PM
My favorites would be The Lion King, Aladdin, and Alice in Wonderland the best.