View Full Version : Dance of Darkness

December 20th, 2004, 7:24 PM
I ask that you excuse the dramatics of the title, I was strapped for a name, came up with that at the last minute. This RP was inspired in part by Dracula, part by Phantom of the Opera, part by my studies of the Medici family of Florence, Italy.

On the 12th of December, you recieve an invitation that read Greetings, friend!

You are invited to a winter ball to be held on the 25th of this fine month. Please come in formal masqurade attire at the Shaidennen Winter Palace. Do try to attend, this is an event many would die to be invited to.

Nikolai Baldwin

It is now the appointed date and you've arrived in front of the palace, a massive confection of white marble and granite in the Greco-Roman style. The inside is just as magnificant, with a red marble dance floor with a circle inscribed with the Roman numerals from one to twelve around the edges. The place is lit by massive chandeliers. An orchestra plays softly in the background. Across from the door where you stand is a staircase, wide and sweeping, built of highly polished granite. At the top, a good two stories above, stands a man. He is dressed in black and gold. White gloves mask his hands, one resting on the rapier at his side, the other high in the air, streatching above his masked face. He drops a deep bow and says in a powerful voice (one that matches his stature). "Welcome friends, welcome one and all. How are you this evening? Not too cold, I hope?" He chuckles malevolently as you begin to have doubts as to your wisdom into attending this. He continues in a cold, condescending tone "Welcome again to you all, and thank you for providing me with some sport this fine eve." Many of the other people in the room begin to murmur. He chuckles again and explains "Apologies, friends, apologies. You see, I take pleasure from the pain of you simple humans." He smiles baring his razor-sharp fangs although you are too far away to see this action. He quickly continues "You see, I've devised a game of sorts. Beneath this palace is an extensive basement network, running through the entre grounds. Some areas are as pleasent as this room, others intended for storage and defense. I've trapped the entire network, both magically and physically. You will be sent into my little labyrinth as a whole and given twelve hours to survive and escape, returning to this room. Those that do may leave. Any survivors who are so much as a minute late becom my food. Good luck, have fun. I know I will." With that, the floor of the room crumbles, sending everyone in it tumbling down a massive shaft. You land on hard, cold stone.

Appearance: (keep in mind that you're dressed as if attending a ball, so no guns, armor, anything like that)
Personality: (this will be factored into the traps you encounter)
Writing sample: I hate to be a jerk about this one, but you don't provide one, or it's sub-par, you leave. I'm playing the DM here and I intend to toss you into the most abjectly hopeless situations ever, testing all of your RP abilities. Nothing's off-limits, I'll observe you interactions and play you against other, force you into kill-or-be-killed situations, all of it. I want to make sure that you're a good enough RPr to get out of them and describe it fluently and accurately.

December 20th, 2004, 7:30 PM
Name: Sivillin
Appearance: Ambern hair, dark brown eyes, hair loosly down, wears a black dress that's slightly poofy with red desigins
Personality: kind, humorus, quick thinking, paranoid and slightly stupid XD
Species: Elf (humans are boreing XD)
Class: not very high
Writeing sample:
I walked down the red carpet in the hallway, unsure and feeling left out some how. I always seemed to feel this way, i needed to lighten up, it was a party, and i shouldn't be so paranoid. I held my head high, and smiled, i stopped walking and heard a lady scream. I tried to move but i couldn't. I started to loose my balance, i threw my hands in the air, trying to gain balance, and then i feel face forward on the ground. The next thing i knew was a loud crowd llaughing at me. I stood up and saw what happend, my heel had got caught in a ladys train, i flushed and walked in a very fast speed to the bathroom in embaressment. Now i was not only embaressed, but my feeling of paranoid had raisen to new hights, i felt as if every step i took people were talking about me and laughing. I walked faster and faster, I kept walking until i found some sign of the bathroom, i didn't care if it was all the way on the other side of the building, i wanted to hide my face in shame before i got myself in a mess again, i gave Elves a bad name
okay i edited it ^_^

December 20th, 2004, 7:32 PM
Please, for this, create an original character and provide a writing sample (preferably off the top of your head and fantasy-based).

Flygon trainer
December 20th, 2004, 7:56 PM
Name: Eclipse Luna(my most overused charecter EVER!!!)
Appearance: What's this 'formal dress' thing? alas, no. She wouldn't be caught in a dress unless tourtured. She prefers to wear all black, mostly consisting of a red sweater with a formal black jacket over it. She also wears black slacks. Her skin is incredibly pale, and her eyes are red. Her hair is totally black, and is wavy, going to the center of her back. Occasionally, a pair of black feathered wings are visable on her back. When she gets REALLY angry she transforms into a 30 foot black dragon, with a wingspan of what seems to be over 100 feet. The dragon form itself is considerably thin for a dragon, but big enough. Her eyes are a glowing red, and her head is considerably narrow, and when she opens her moth it's a light blue, because she's preparing to insinerate you with blue fire.
Personality: She is evil, a back-stabber, a traitor, and has an obsessive bloodlust, but she is not vampiric. But you can trust her is she likes you.
Species: hmm.. I'd say draconic. But only half. the other half is demon, giving her a bit of power, but a failed attempt at controling it.
Class: not sure. you didn't give an explanation on this.
Writing sample: I'll just say this is a scene from her past:

A roar broke the former silence of the night, as a dark black dragon decented upon the town. innocent people, mothers and children looked up to see the darkness dragon they had all feared would come. "the knights have again attempted to slay her!" One of the women said, trying to move out as fast as she could. But it was no use, as a large clawed, scaled black paw wrapped around her, peircing it's claws into her body and drawing blood. I again rose over the town, carrying my prize with me. Finally, I felt her struggles cease, and I tossed her into the air, catching her in my mouth and gulping her down. I looked back to the town. The chaos was making it so that the villagers couldn't get free. I smiled slightly, then sent a burst of blue fire over the village, setting it, and the people that lived there, on fire.

December 20th, 2004, 8:05 PM
Name: Auraya Clearwater
Appearance: The first thing you'll notice about this lady is her unusual distinctive taste for anything aquatic. A slim garment of shimmering cerulean serves as her dress, a lighter shade of blue serving as a thicker neckpiece while the rest of the dress darkens and extends down towards her ankle. Raven locks cascade down onto her shoulder, glittering blue optics clearly apparent against her pale skin. Two crystal enclosed, teardrop shaped earrings hang from her slightly pointed out ears, while a sparkling indigo anklet circles her left ankle. As one would have predicted, her heels are also blue. She gives off an alluring yet entrancing beauty, somewhat haunted in a way.
Personality: Auraya is a dignified elf, overprotective with the right amount of cunning strength residing in her. She is a clever and sly figure, thinking ahead of time wth the consequences already planned out. She always tries to avoid hasty assumptions which could mistakingly lead to regrets, and Auraya isn't an elf who would assume to feel any tinge of guilt. With her bit of malice, fun and intelligence, it's no big surprise she could easily charm and persuade her way out of most troubles. The one problem one would find Auraya to be is her distant personality. She dislikes having to talk to strangers, unless it is a necessity to do so.
Species: Elf
Class: noble
Writing sample:

No one turned their heads around when they caught a vague glimpse of the prideful elven lady strolling down the main hall. Good, she intended it to keep it that way. Auraya took another stride onto the deep velvet carpet, her heels sinking in as she did so. Bright blue orbs curiously scanned the room, watching the loquacious atmosphere and the heavy tension wafting around. It was a quaint ball indeed.

Auraya dare not keep her guard down and ease herself. She knew better than that. Instead, her feet kept up the graceful, rhythmic strides, her eyes never wavering too far from her sight. The rest of the people seemed obscured, but that was how she was. Oblivious to the talking going around, the elf carefully pivoted once, walking steadily to the farthest corner. It was such a long walk, but as long as no one interrupted her...

"'scuse me, miss. Would you care for a drink?" A low silky voice cut clear through her thoughts like a dagger. Auraya eyed the platter, which had several thin, transparent cups with a deep crimson liquid sloshing around. She politely shook her head no.

"No thank you," she said smoothly, but the man's stern mahogany eyes dug tenaciously into her, as Auraya found herself caught within his steely glare.

"Are you sure, miss?"

Something about his voice was filled with a hint of malice, as Auraya's earrings shook dangerously.

"I already said no, so I would advise you to leave," she said icily, regarding the man with a cool look before darting away. Inside, she was annoyed. Annoyed by that persistent man who had merely wished to give away a cup of wine or two. Who was she, Auraya of the Elven Ladies, to accept a drink at a ball? It was a thought that could have made her laugh right there and now. But she didn't.

Vincent Valentine
December 20th, 2004, 8:11 PM
Appearance: He is dressed as a human. One of the most petryfying things to him. His costume consists of deep blue pants. He is wearing a light blue shirt, and a blue wig. To keep his originality in tact, he wears his cloak over all of this, only exposing one more noticeable feature, his crystalline bandana.
Personality: He is a cold and ruthless person. He is also very selfish, concerned with only himself and making himself happy, at any costs.
Species: Demon
Class: Assasin

Writing sample:
The night's calm had been shattered by the sound of thunder in the distance. Our field remained silent though. Our eyes were locked to each other, and our blades extended. He smiled at me, and I smiled back, already aware of what was to happen next.
He jumped forth at me, with such speed at precision, and I barely had time to react. He had reached me too soon, and I was defenseless. He slashed at me with his blade, cutting my right arm deeply. The blood began pouring out, only to be washed away in the rain. He smiled once more, and before i knew it, he was gone.

December 21st, 2004, 3:18 AM
Hmm ... sounds interesting ... :

Name: Riku Kore

Appearance: Tall & Muscular with dusty blonde Hair & Green eyes. Riku chosse to wear attire that would suit a King rather then a practishoner of the Dark Arts. His Formal attire is made up of loss hanging aqua blue silk trousers , a tight aqua blue shirt , a Navy Blue Cloak & a customary white half face mask.

Personality: Being quite a solitary man he believes in self preservation. He has never given money to the poor , never stops to help people in need .... nothing. Any who try to oppose him would more then likely face the slowest of deaths.

Species: Human
Class: Black Mage

Writing sample:

It was a dark , cold night in the small mountain Village of Feng-Ca. Few ventured out after sun set from fear of the Shadow Demon - A nightmereish creature that feasts on the very souls of anyone foolish enough to oppose him.

A Cold wind blew through the small Market Square as a young man , who had ventured in to the Village from the Mountains , came to rest near the large stone fountain. Brushing his fringe out of his eyes the young man looked up at the clear Night Sky .... taking a moment to admire the stars that shone like Diamonds in the darkness.

" Why do they refuse to offer me shelter ? " The man said aloud , still looking at the stars

Darting of straight the man looked around the Market Square from his spot near the fountain ... searching for the source of the voice.

...Because they fear...

Getting up now the man walked steadily in the direction of the voice. As he neared the apparent source of the mysterious voice his hands started to shake ....

' What have I have to fear ? ' He thought to himself ' It is probably nothing more then a pauper '

" What is it they fear ? " The man said aloud

Turning his back for a moment to look around the square one last time , he turned around once more to be faced with a horiffying figure that could only have been spawned from the pits of hell.

The blood-curdaling screams of the young man rang out across the town. The Shadow Demon had clamed his next victim ....

~Hope this is ok~

December 21st, 2004, 5:39 AM
You're all approved. And for class (if you need it), think FFTA, Tactics Ogre, FFXI, etc. etc

December 21st, 2004, 11:44 AM
thanks AD, so do you start it? or do we start?

December 21st, 2004, 1:04 PM
You lot can start, begin whenever.

December 21st, 2004, 4:27 PM
It was a dark, rainy night, although it was unusually warm. I walked quickly into the roman like building, in hopes that I wouldn't get too wet. Inside it was warm and designed with the most rich and elegent designs. It was huge and magnifasent with soothing music and friendly waiters. People all around me were dressed in the most high quality way, I felt myself turn red from embaressment of my not-so fancy dress. 'Compaired to all these high, rich and famus people, i'm but a mere peasent'. I frowned and walked towards a table, I looked at my card and saw the number that said which table i was to sit at and found my table moments later. A man walked up to me and smiled "what would you like milady?" he asked. I looked around at what everyone else was eating, scared that what i eat might not seem normal to them, i was getting paranoid as usual. "Umm just some white wine please" i said, looking up at the waiteres eyes for the first time. He imedeatly turned his head away and down at the floor as if he dropped something, "wine? are you sure you don't want anything else? we have steaked shrimp, and..."
"no thank you"
"we have steak and-"
"it's really okay"
The waiter sighed and poured me a glass of wine, and then walked off. I stared at him as he walked away and then drank some of the win that was placed before me.

December 21st, 2004, 5:24 PM
The Elven Lady frowned at the bleak sky, the rain gently pattering down. Dewdrops clinged onto the tip of emerald blades of grass, and everything was serene outside the ball. Her aqua dress seemed to glide with her, as her hands trembled slightly from the usage of Elven magic, a simple spell for casting off rain. Still, it would be wearing off soon. Shooting another hasty glance at the pitiful weather, Auraya finally let the magic go and stepped quickly inside.

Bright fluorescent lights illuminated the whole room, the shade of deep wine velvet serving as the elegant carpet. She took a small step, wary eyes narrowing themselves as they scanned the room. Majority were chatting pleasantly, as her ears picked up their polite etiquette with eloquence. Some men in their custom obsidian suit were lounging around, platters containing transparent, thin glasses with a deep violet sloshing around. Wine.

Auraya then took another step, raven locks tumbling down as she took an abrupt turn. The lights glowed an inhuman glow on her cheeks, tinted with a bit of dusky rose. A figure interrupted her, obviously wanting to give away a cup of wine judging by his silly foolish grin plastered on his face.

"Vould you like sum' vine, M'ilady?" His accent was heavy, as Auraya stared hard at him for a second. No, he wasn't a dwarf at least. They were known for their terribly disposition.

"No, thank you," she brushed away politely, walking away swiftly. It was then one of her blue eyes caught a figure. She was unusual in her taste, not wearing one of the finest silk of satin, but surely she couldn't have been a peasant? Waving away the idea, Auraya stood still by the long banquet hall, waiting, wondering, marveling at the structured details of the place.

Flygon trainer
December 21st, 2004, 5:32 PM
I REALLY hated parties. I really did. So why was I here? well, I had been around the area looking for any other dragons, but found nothing, and that's when I got the invitation. No, I could have simply stayed away, and been by my lonesome for a while, that was when I was at my happiest. Some guy, a bit older than me, came over and asked for a dance, but i declined. the room was packed, or so i thought. I looked into a mirror, and my skin paled even more. away from the mirror, the room seemed backed. but in the mirror, the room seemed empty short of a few. For once in my life, I was scared.

December 21st, 2004, 6:00 PM
I was biding my time fore now, waiting patiently for just a bit longer. Then I'd make my appearance, then I'd begin the games. For now, I watched the proceedings through the eyes of a servant I'd posessed. I watched an elf decline some wine from the servant, then walk off. Typical happenings, nothing special yet.

December 21st, 2004, 9:37 PM
' I suppose I had better make an appearence ' Riku thought to himself as he approached the Palace ' After all .... I have come all the way out here '

The same thought had been going through his mind the entire length of the walk : Why was he going to some god awful party ?

Perhaps it was out of curiousity ? or maybe he was looking for an excuse to hurt someone ? Either way ... he was there now & there was no point in turning back. As you approached the huge wooden doors , cloak rapped around him to keep the bitterly cold wind out , they were opened slowly by a pair of servants.

As he stepped inside Riku looked around , minorly in awe , the magnificant hall the guests viewed as they first entered. He also noticed a large number of people had arrived.

' Bah ..... Idle Banter will serve me no purpose ' He thought to himself

Asking a nearby servant for a drink Riku decided to look around the hall .... some of the art pieces had caught his eye.

OOC : Hope this is OK ... I'm typing it at 5:40am ^^;

December 22nd, 2004, 4:23 AM
I put my glass of wine down and looked around the room, i opened my mouth in awe, there standing on the red carpet was the most beautiful elf I had ever seen, dressed like a princess or an angel. I stared at her, thinking I should maybe intraduce myself to another elfin, but she seemed so high and i was so low she might give me skeptical looks. I waited awhile, nothing was happening, i stood up and walked towards the girl.
I certsayed and smiled "hello, welcome to the party, i hope your enjoying it as much as i am, my name's Sivillin, would you like to sit with me?" i asked politley, 'maybe i could cheer her up if she is bored, i love cheering people up'.

December 22nd, 2004, 1:53 PM
Auraya was interrupted unexpectedly by another figure, as she was asked a simple question. By taking one look, the Elf could already depict which class she was from. However, it was no time to think of such pointless things.

"My name is Auraya, and it's a pleasure you meet you, Sivillan." She said back with the same politeness, showing off a brief curtsy. Curtsies weren't popular around the elves, reason why so few did it except perhaps noble ladies of the upper class.

"Certainly we may sit. Do you mind leading the way?" She smiled.

December 22nd, 2004, 1:55 PM
Almost time now, just a fw absent. Just a bit longer. For all appearances, I was calm, but inside, I was shaking with anticipation. I called one of the harem boys I kept around for amusement over, sipping a little blood from his supple young form. He shuddered as I did so. entirely understrandable, a vampire bite is one of the most horrible experiences any creature could possibly go through. I paced up and down, the steel toes and heels of my boots clicking on the stone floor of my sumptous chambers.

Flygon trainer
December 22nd, 2004, 2:11 PM
i was still disturbed by the lack of a reflection, but I shrugged it off. trick mirrors were nothing unusual. I paced back and forth, though watching the host carefully, my distrust being the most visable thing on me, though I could see most people shying away from me.. I couldn't blame them, really.

December 22nd, 2004, 5:41 PM
It was time, I could wait no longer. Magical moniters would transmit every instant of the proceedings underground to me. Stepping up to the head of the long table set for the pre-dance banquet, I rapped a salad fork against the side of a wine glass with a snap of my wrist. The ding sounded throughout the room, a call to attention.

Flygon trainer
December 22nd, 2004, 5:44 PM
My eyes followed him, though I was still un-interested in the proceedings. i should have just headed home. In fact.. I started edging to the door, hoping to get out of here before I was noticed. not that anyone would notice me, they never did..

December 22nd, 2004, 5:48 PM
"Everyone" I called, my voice ringing clear throughout the area. "Everyone, your attention please! Dinner is about to be served. If you could take a seat?"

Flygon trainer
December 22nd, 2004, 6:14 PM
"I ain't 'everyone' I'm a nobody." i said, though taking a seat as close to the door as I could possibly manage. i was edgy. I wanted OUT! but with my luck, the doors were locked...

December 22nd, 2004, 7:13 PM
is it too late to join, AD? this looks intresting...

December 22nd, 2004, 7:22 PM
<OOC>Of course not. Until I sent everyone plummeting to an almost certain death, anyone can join if they prove to have a good writing sample.<OOC>

"Let the feast begin" I said to the table as a whole, pulling out my own chair and spreading my arms wide as I sat. First was a delicious soup cours, and excellent crab bisque. I'd have to talk to the kitchens about making this a bit more often. Servers moved up and down the table in an elkaborate dance, pouring drinks and presenting the food.

December 22nd, 2004, 7:28 PM
alright, but may i post it later, because an RP i`m in is calling my name... lol....

Flygon trainer
December 22nd, 2004, 7:34 PM
Immediatly, I started inching beck toward the door. my entire focus was on not being seen. Not that I was ever important enough to actually be noticed, this much seemed to be a fluke. heck, it could have even been sentot the wrong person for all I knew. who would send an invintation to a dragon?

December 22nd, 2004, 7:56 PM
Name: Soara Moonstream
Appearance: Soara is acctualy a centaur, one of the last around to be presice. she looks like... http://www.rachaelhuntington.com/centaur.jpg ... this.
Personality: Very shy, and quiet. Soara doesnt like being around many people at once, but if you speak first and she feels comftorable around you, she is acctualy quiet a sweety. Kind and caring, Soara will always help a friend in need.
Species: Centaur
Class: Beginner Mage
Writing sample:

"Wait, STOP!!!" Soara yelled at Colin, stamping one hoof angerly. She couldn't blieve he was about to kill that poor innocent rabit, for absolutly no reason at all. The small frightened rabit ran away, disappearing behind a hedge.

"Aaargh, you always ruin my fun, Soara!" Colin, her older brother growled, lowering his bow and arrow, "Your so goody goody!"

"Just becasue I acctual care about someone besides myself, doesnt mean you have to make fun of me!" Soara yelled, now using her usual shy voice.

"Whatever..." Colin said, turning to walk back to the castle. He troted down the cobblestone path, eventualy breaking into a gallop to tackle a friend. Soara watched them wrestle, shaking her head.

The small white rabit reappeared. He stopped at Soara's hooves, gazing up at her.

"I sugest you run, my little friend, before they both come back." Soara said, smiling at the small mammal. It seemed to take her advice, disappearing once more into the bushes.

a moment from Soara's past.

December 22nd, 2004, 8:20 PM
Auraya was interrupted, as she heard the call for dinner. The clinking noise the glass cup made tinkled peacefully through the chattering air, as the faint aroma of food called for her stomach. Her last morsel of meal was the rough loaf of bread a while back, and this scent suddenly made her realize how hungry she really was.

She smiled politely at Sivillan, "shall we take a seat?"

Before Auraya could take a proper step, another figure caught her eyes. Terror or anxiety, even she could not tell, but she was...backing up towards the door? For a moment, her blue eyes regarded her coolly, slipping into her seat with ease.

"I do wonder who she might be..." the elf bemused, eyes on the attention seeking man.

December 22nd, 2004, 8:22 PM
Auraya seemed like a kind elf, she didn't seem to care that I was in the lower class, I smiled and led the way to the table. I sat down and turned as a tall man in black annouced that dinner was served. Servents came to our table and places steak and shrimp, wine and chicken. I stared at the food, i only took some of the salad, as an elf i loved nature too much and cuoldn't bare to eat the animals. "So Auraya, are you friends, or related with the one who threw this party?" I asked before i took a bite of the food

December 22nd, 2004, 8:44 PM
<OOC>As expected, approved, d_e. welcome.<OOC>

After taking a sip of the bisque from my fine sliverware being used tonight, I spoke up, saying "Thank you all for coming tonight. I'm afraid I don't entertain much, and this is an unexpected treat. I do hope you're enjoying yourselves so far" I paused for a moment, taking a sip of the water I'd asked for, then adding with a small twist of my mouth "And I do hope that no one's thinking of departing so soon, I do have such an evening prepared for us." I began mopping up the last of th bisque with a piece of dense, sweet bread.

Flygon trainer
December 22nd, 2004, 8:55 PM
I immediatly tripped and fell, and managed to return to my seat in a matter of seconds, though I ate nothing. I hardly ever ate, depression did that to me, as well as being alone... I just did was was needed to survive.... My eyes scanned the area, and I knew there would never be somebody I could trust

December 22nd, 2004, 9:10 PM
People seemed so over protective. Auraya mused at the fact, before turning her attention towards Sivillan's question.

"You know, I DO wonder about the man who has hosted this party," she said carefully, taking a precautious sip of wine. She was known for her little appetite, as her far away eyes wandered from here to there.

She was obviously scanning the room for the host, but either she must have been temporarily blind, or just plain blind. Too many people filled the room, and already she was getting bored. Still smiling in order to keep her disposition, Auraya lingered near the sweet waft of the wine, taking a slow sip. Her eyes were like a hawks, still watching every single person inconspicuously.

Just so much, yet she did not know.

December 22nd, 2004, 9:18 PM
Now, the next course was coming along rapidly, roast boar, a particular favorite of mine. Around each boar, various birds dotted the table, mostly pheseant and quial, also roasted. Trenchers wer placed near each guest, dotting the table and adding the scent of a mildly hot mustard to the various smells wafting about the table.

December 23rd, 2004, 12:50 AM
Nee, TAD, is it still alright for me to join? =3

Name: Aiko Ukiya

Appearance: Aiko has long, wavy violet hair that cascades a few inches down her waist. She has amethyst eyes that portray the innocence of a newly born child and the optimism of a toddler receiving sweet, little gifts. She has an athletic yet sort of slender build, matching her alacrity and potency flawlessly. She is dressed in a gown that is made of cerulean silk sashed with saffron. Her gown has a gored skirt and puffy sleeves are that are bejeweled with spangles. She wears a hooded cloak, azure in color, which she uses to hide her clothes [she simply loathes dresses!] and herself; after all, she did not desire to be found again and be forced to live in a life of wealth.

Personality: Aiko would remind you of a bright, shining star as she is always filled with optimism. She is fiercely loyal and a rather stubborn girl. She, though a skilled swordsman, often hesitates when attacking an opponent. She can't help it. Whenever she harms another being she would easily be filled with guilt, even though she did the right thing.

Species: Human
Class: Swordsmaster [She is, or rather was, a lady of high nobilitya princessbut she preferred to fight instead of watching others fight for her and her family.]

Writing sample:

A gentle trickle of rain cascaded, each making a rather harmonic sound once touching the ground. The inhabitants gathered their children and drew them inside their homes, aware of the slight shower taking place.

A sigh escaped the girl's lips as she stared at the window with ennui. She detested being stuck in her room with all the knights guarding the egress of her room vigilantly.

For once she wanted to meander around, to voyage through unknown paths she has yet to discover. Her amethyst eyes sparkled with expectation and a soft smile formed on her face as she imagined what her little adventures would be like. It was so exhilarating!

She stared hard at the window, a mischievous grin replacing the soft smile she had. She slowly got up from her bed and opened the window. The weather was perfect for her escape plan! She giggled as she grabbed the azure cloak hanging on her bed.

"Bye-bye." She whispered softly, trying to stifle her high-pitched giggle.

Hastily, she sprinted to the terrace of her room and hopped to the edge of concrete. She listened intently for any signs of footsteps nearing her room, and hearing none, she leaped off her terrace. That was the start of her little adventure and she was already brimming with enthusiasm.

December 23rd, 2004, 9:17 AM
<OOC>Of course, you're in. Start whenever.<OOC>

December 23rd, 2004, 9:24 AM
Oh my, what a way to make a first impression... Soara thought, walking up the steps to the doors. Her tail swished back and forth, and she nevously looked about. This is just great...

Soara pushed open the doors, and walked in. Everyone was seated around a table, in the middle of dinner. Oh dear....

December 23rd, 2004, 12:05 PM
I cocked my head in surprise, "you don't know him? strange, i've never even seen him, let alone know him. Maybe i'm releated to him" I started to scann the room, wondering if i could get a glimps of this mysteriouse man, it was sickening. All i could see were people, every where my eyes turned, people, there were so many...I saw a scorcerer chatting with an elf and a human speaking with a fearie. 'All these people, they can't all be realted to him, maybe they're friends? but i don't even know this guy and whoever he is, he didn't sound elfin, we had a distinct speech. Maybe he was adopted?' I thought for what seemed to be hours-when it was only ten minutes- about who and what this mysteriouse man could be.
I looked at Auraya, not wanting to bore her out stroke up a conversation "so...where are you from?" i asked sheepishly

December 23rd, 2004, 12:45 PM
Auraya nodded once, before the question made her pause from her sip. Where she was from-? The heavy meat smell disturbed her, as elves were indeed known for their variety of plants.

"I am from a league of Elven forest, not too far away in fact. There is a colony where no soul besides elves have been known to live in, which is why I have attended this ball. Curiosity on how they have managed to contact me is bewildering," Satisfied by her answer, she then blurted out unexpectantly,

"Where are you from, Sivillan? I suspect one such as you is not from anywhere else-" A fast tinge of dusky rose crept up her face as she realized what she had asked, and the elf brushed it away hastily, blue eyes troubled from afar. "Forgive me for asking such a question," Auraya muttered slightly, setting down the cup of wine. Her crystal earrings dangled dangerously as she finally convinced herself; perhaps she had consumed too much wine.

But it was better than meat. Nonchalantly, Auraya cast her eyes at the man again, wondering.

December 23rd, 2004, 12:51 PM
Soara walked toward the table. "I apologize for being late...." She said quietly, standing at the table. There were no seats made for Centaurs here, so she kneeled beside an Elf and a Human.

December 23rd, 2004, 1:54 PM
I smiled at the new commer "hello, my names Sivillin, what's your name? You're quite beatiful by the wayl" i said looking at what she was wearing in awe, it seemed as if everyone but me was wearing some thing in the high area 'there i go again, being paranoid' i thought

December 23rd, 2004, 1:58 PM
"Thank you." Soara said shyly. "You look very nice yourself. May I ask your name?" She inquired, placing her hands in her lap. Soara's tail flicked nevously, and for some reason, she didnt feel quiet right. Where was the Host?

December 23rd, 2004, 2:30 PM
Rain fell gently at the ground, much to her liking, as she ambled towards the mansion. She giggled happily as she allowed the rain to soak her hand. As she got closer to the mansion, she glanced at the drenched paper and read it once more.

Greetings, friend!

You are invited to a winter ball to be held on the 25th of this fine month. Please come in formal masquerade attire at the Shaidennen Winter Palace. Do try to attend; this is an event many would die to be invited to.

Nikolai Baldwin

Clutching the invitation, the girl sighed. The one day she visits home, she was forced to come to a rather uncanny and suspicious ball. Going to the ball wasn't that horrible, but wearing the dress was.

After a series of eye rolling-s, she adjusted her cloak, putting on her hood. She was still playing with the rain, the one thing she was enjoying right now, as she hesitantly made her way to the foyer of the colossal mansion. She pouted slightly as she entered. Everyone was already seated, finally informing that she was late; she can be rather dense at time.

Abruptly, her eyes glimmered as she was marveling the delightful beauty of the room. She searched for an empty seat and found one near two elven ladies and a female centaur. She quickly took a seat, a tad embarrassed, and took of her hood. Her cheeks were pink from the cold wind that was blowing not too long ago and she was shivering vaguely.

December 23rd, 2004, 2:35 PM
I was anxious, and had only planned a four-course meal for tonight. The servers wer beginning to clear dishes away and bring in the table settings for the next course of seafood. Still, things seemed to be taking too long. Pretending not to notice the late arrivals, I kept up a pleasent enough demeanor, making idle chat with the woman to my right and her husband, directly across from her. The evening was going spledidly so far.

December 23rd, 2004, 2:40 PM
"So, does anyone have any idea who the host is?" Soara asked the people around her, wanting to start a conversation. She didnt even know why she was invited...

Flygon trainer
December 23rd, 2004, 6:23 PM
"I don't. Ugh, I could be home right now, trying out dragonslaying, but nooo, I had to drop everything I was doing... I swear, I'm stupid sometimes." I said, considerably annoyed, and still not eating anything. I had heard her perfectly, but I doubted she could hear me. Even here, I was treated like I was invisible.. Fate, I decided. Fate wanted me to stay alone, forever. Then I shall I decided. Loneliness could be conquored even without anybody. But it would still be nice to be noticed, even if it was to hate me...

December 23rd, 2004, 6:23 PM
ooc: Is it too late for me to join this? It sounds interesting...

December 23rd, 2004, 6:48 PM
<OOC.Like I said twice before, no. Until you're all stuck in my trap, it's fine to join.<OOC>

December 23rd, 2004, 6:53 PM
OOC: lol DE, I already said my name XD
I blushed amd smiled "thank you" i said, no one had ever complimented me like that before. I sighed "I don't know why i'm invited here either, he can't be realted to me , and if he was, how am i releated to you?" I said giggling at our total diffrences. "Looks like they're clearing the tables, maybe now we'll know who this mysteriouse host is" i said hopefully

December 24th, 2004, 9:28 AM
Now Auraya's attention was shifted for a brief second, to the newcomer who had arrived not long ago. {Marina99's char} She carefuly observed the girl with narrowing slits of blue eyes. There seemed to be a...childish demeanor attached to her, or was it just the cautious quiet disposition? However more, the elf decided it would be a nice way to let time go by, as the revealing of the host would be (hopefully) shown.

"Hello, and who might you be?"

December 24th, 2004, 9:39 AM
Now would be a good time to introduce myself. Standing, I clapped briefly to call attention to myself. Smiling, I said "I apologize for interrupting your dinner, but thank you all for coming. I am your host this evening and it does my heart good to see so many of you here. I hope the trip was not too rough on any of you." After taking a drink of water, I continued "some of you may be wondering why you've been invited. Please don't, I'll clarify everything once the festivities start in truth. Now, you may return to your meal."

December 24th, 2004, 9:51 AM
Aiko was still marveling the huge inside of the mansion, when a female elf greeted her and asked for her name. She jumped in alarm at the elven girl's voice, but quickly regained her composure. Her lips twisted to a sweet smile, amethyst eyes gleaming.

"Hello," She greeted happily, "My name is Aiko." Her grin broadened as she continued to speak. "May I know yours?" She asked in polite demeanor.

Before the girl could answer a man, the host, made an announcement. He gave a short speech; thanking all those who were invited, introducing himself and such. As soon as his little speech was finished, she faced the girl again, the same smile still plastered on her face.

December 24th, 2004, 9:55 AM
When Auraya was little, she was taught one could know much about the other just by their expression. And judging from newly introduced Aiko's smile, she figured this girl would be one of those happy strangers. The elf returned the same polite gesture, smiling.

"My name is Auraya, 'tis a pleasure to meet you, lady Aiko," she greeted willingly after the host had made that short announcement, her eyes darting to him before he sat down again. This was utterly a maze, mystifying every corners of her mind. But nevertheless, she turned back to the conversation that had only started.

"If I may ask, what warden do you come from?"

December 24th, 2004, 10:56 AM
"It is a pleasure to meet you too, Au-Lady Auraya." Aiko said politely. She had trouble speaking in formal way fir she detested speaking like that. It was too formal for her to be called 'Lady Aiko' and such.

She banished her thoughts from her head when she heard Auraya inquire another question.

"W-warden?" She stuttered, biting her lips. "I'm sorry. I cannot tell." She continued. It's not that she can't tell, it's simply because she did not want to. Reason? She has yet to figure out. She then shivered faintly, still cold from the rain.

December 24th, 2004, 11:42 AM
"I'm sorry, my name's Sivillin, it's a great pleasure to meet you Aiko" i said smileing, "would you like to sit down?" i asked, seeing an empty chair near by

Flygon trainer
December 24th, 2004, 11:49 AM
My eyes again locked onto the host, and my pupils dialated, a pure draconic sign of mistrust, in this case. It would be very hard to hide that I was not human, then the urge to spread my wings was so compelling.. but not here. not now. there would be a time later. I just had to wait, though my paitence was thinning.

December 25th, 2004, 2:24 PM
I stared at the host in utter confuseion 'why does he keep makeing this useles announcements? just show us what you need to show us, we're done with dinner alrready' I thought impatiently.

December 25th, 2004, 2:50 PM
Dinner was now done with. I stood and clapped my hands again, saying"Please, wait a moment for the table to be cleared, then the evening can begin in truth. Now that we have suppes, we must get to know each other better. I Have an orchestra prepared, does anyone care to dance?"

December 25th, 2004, 4:12 PM
Soara sighed, still smiling. I dont think I'll be able too.. She thought sadly, although her expression was quiet the opposite. The dance of the Centaurs is very different from Humans and Elves... Not to mention I have four left hooves...

Soara shook her head a bit. It was okay with her. She could just listen to the orchestra play.

Flygon trainer
December 25th, 2004, 4:23 PM
at this announcement, it took all my mental strength not to yell at the host. certainly, i was an excellent dancer, but for the love of pete, i was called here for a reason, and my paitence was waning. besides that, it still seemed like I was invisible. I sighed, burying my face in my hands. The memories flowing back to me were painful, and even though hardly existant, tears were running down my face.

December 25th, 2004, 4:29 PM
Soara noticed someone looked like they were having the worst time of they're life. She wouldnt admit it, but she was bored as well. Excusing herself from the others, she stood up, and walked over to the girl.

"Are you alright?" She asked kindly, blinking innocently.

Flygon trainer
December 25th, 2004, 4:41 PM
I heard somebody talking, and for a moment i was going to just dismiss it, when I realised that the person was talking to... me. i wiped my tears away quickly, and said, my voice slightly shaky from crying, but mostly from the shock of having somebody talking to me, "yeah. bored to tears though. literally."

December 25th, 2004, 4:52 PM
"Aye, I think thats how everyone feels at the moment..." Soara stated, guestering to everyone sitting down, "And there is no way I'm going to be caught dead dancing with a Human... The Human and Elven way of dancing is puzzling for a Centaur..." She mummered, not caring if the girl heard that last remark or not.

Flygon trainer
December 25th, 2004, 5:10 PM
"To a dragon as well." i said, before suddenly realising what i had said, but trying to stay calm, hoping she hadn't noticed it. the first time i had slipped. I tried to keep my emotions calm, as a bezerk phase could cause my illusion to wear off as well.

December 25th, 2004, 5:22 PM
Soara smiled. The expression on the persons face told all. "Its alright. I wont tell." She said, pawing the ground. Soara sat down beside the girl she had been speaking to. "By the way, I never caught your name." She remarked, tilting her head slightly.

Flygon trainer
December 25th, 2004, 5:27 PM
"The name's Eclipse. i'm a dragon and Demon hybrid." I said, hoping not to scare her. but somebody had to know. "Normally, i can stay in a human form like this as long as I want. but if my emotions go out of control, my other, vilont, dragonic form reveals itself. Some say that calling the form by it's true name causes it to calm down, I've been generating theories on what that name would be."

December 25th, 2004, 7:37 PM
Finally, everyone appeaared to be in the circle. I levitated a few inches above the ground, not really enough to be noticed. Utilizing a minor enchantmet a wizard had imbued the palace with, I began "Well, I'm afraid that this evening won't be as nice for you as I pretended. You see, You're all going to be sent tumbling down to the bottom of a network of tunnels, trapped both magically and physically. You'll have twelve hours to escape. If you do, you go free. If not, you become my food. Understand? Good." I clapped my hands sharply to be heard above the minor outcry and the circle marked with the ours crumbled away beneath their feet. Drifting over to the side and returning to the floor, I called down "Good luck."

Flygon trainer
December 25th, 2004, 8:25 PM
Falling.. falling... too familer.. where? before I could continue this thought any further, I hit the ground hard on my back, and I felt my wings pop painfully, as the illusion that made them virtually non-existant wore off. I fought to my feet, saying "see, this is why I hate parties. the host ALWAYS wants to make it unique"

December 26th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Soara kept falling. She didnt know for how long, but after awhile, she hit the ground. "Ow..." Soara muttered. Her legs were all twisted up and the agony cause a few tears to rolled down her cheeks. It was going to be a long time until she could walk.

Eclipse was nearby, muttering something. "Do you know where the others are?" She asked, trying to stand.

Flygon trainer
December 26th, 2004, 11:05 AM
"probably right next to us, or, with my luck, a very long ways away. How bad are your legs?" I asked, though I knew i couldn't help her. I didn't do much for healing. mostly death. "He did pick a convinent time to drop us all though, I was going to tell you my dragon form's name that in theory would calm it down enough for me to control it."

December 26th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Soara managed to crawl over to a wall, and use it to stand. "Painful, and I'm afraid to move my left hind leg, but other than that, fine." She looked up. "He really knows how to annoy Centaurs..." She said coldly, skaking her head up and down in a horse-like manner.

Flygon trainer
December 26th, 2004, 11:17 AM
"centaurs... dragons... elves.. and now a vampire. For the love of pete, why doesn't he just put us all in a zoo and get it over with? if you think you can walk, I'd be worried about that time limit he put on us." I said, motioning to a nearby passage. "I should've known. Only vampires can act that nice.." I muttered.

December 26th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Soara nodded. "He was a bit odd..." She said, staring at the ground, "Like most host do, he didnt greet us at the door, or tell us he was the one who organized the party... We should go.." Soara started limping into the darkness before her.

December 27th, 2004, 5:52 AM
OOC: sry i'm so late XD
I looked down and almost screamed, there under me was what seemed to be eternal darkness. I fell before i could make a sound, i started to fall deeper and deepper and faster and faster. I could tell i was going faster because i felt a great rush of wind slap at my face. The darkness was so cold and deadly quiet it seemed like it was a one way trip to hell. I closed my eyes so the rushing wind wouldn't harm my eyes. But as soon as i did i hit the cold hard ground.

I yelled in pain from the sudden slam to the ground, i as going so fast my body ached all over, i was an elf and did have the power to heal, but i thought about all the other people here and decied to help them, even if i felt as though i were to die. I weakly stood up and blindly felt my way through the darkness "is anyone there? are you alright?" i asked, not sure of there was anyone there or not.

December 27th, 2004, 6:48 AM
"We're here..." Soara shouted to the far-off voice. "Who are you?"

I seriously hope its not that Vampire guy, trying to trick us... Soara thought, bitting her lip.

Flygon trainer
December 27th, 2004, 12:56 PM
I was getting impaitent. A low growl came from my throat, though i fought to control my emotions. My dragon side would not be helpful at the moment. at that, it never was. i took off into the darkness, deciding not to think about the others.

OOC: Shouldn't Takai be posting?

December 27th, 2004, 1:09 PM
<OOC.I will, but only to spring the traps. For now, I'll wait until you get out of the immidiate vicinity of the fall. Then, the fun begins.<OOC>

December 27th, 2004, 3:03 PM
I prayed whoever answerd me was anyone but the vampire, i walked weakly towards the voice and saw a girl, "i'm fine, are you alright?" i asked, i looked around and saw it was nothing but darkness, there was only a hint of light that came from Svillinsbody because she had the blood of an elf which was magical. "We should get out of here fast before that vampire finds us" I said

December 28th, 2004, 5:49 PM
"Yeah, we should..." Soara said, looking around. Her senses were alert, and she jumped with every drip of water or movement of a falling rock. "He said there were traps and other obsticals, so we're going to be in for a rough night. Especialy since I can hardly move. If anything attacks, just leave me..."

December 29th, 2004, 7:25 AM
"no, we should stick together, if you really want to go through this alive.." I said, i felt the walls cool smoothe serface, I kicked it as hard as i could, it made a loud echo, "There's something at the end of this hallway" I said, the techneche i used was the sane as what Bats used, they would screech and if the sound came back it meant that it's screech bounced of of something. "You're right, we should be very cautius while walking" I said, and started to walk down the hallway

December 31st, 2004, 4:58 AM
Soara limped beside her. "Alright," She started, shrugging, "But it was your choice to stick with me..."

ooc: we need to know what some of the traps are before we can acctualy get somewhere.... hello? AD? anyone?

December 31st, 2004, 10:15 AM
The shade of obsidian deeply lunged for her, and every part of her body felt numb. It was as if she was in a trance, and a slow one at that. There was a split second where the thread of balance had suddenly snapped, and the cycle began all over again. She hardly felt the ground she came in contact to, but when she did, the elf made haste to awake.

Auraya opened her eyes slowly, her own cerulean gazing around her. She had experienced some kind of plummet that had happened with a brief warning, and her mind had already depicted the unusual behavior of the so called host...

"Of course..." The elf bemused. How could she have been so blind?

She regarded the wall in front of her coolly, and stared around to find many others who had fallen with her. So....she waited.

December 31st, 2004, 11:26 AM
Soara heard someone, somewhere. "Wh...Whos there...?" She asked, gritting her teeth, hoping to the Centaurian Godess that it wasnt a trap, or the vampire.

December 31st, 2004, 1:02 PM
The first trap was sprung, a simple magical illosion. A young human noble stepped from the shadows, dress torn and hair in a state of disarray. She was covered in scrapes and bruises. Firghtened, she asked "Hello? Are...Are you real? Can you help me?"

December 31st, 2004, 8:47 PM
Auraya was the first to notice a pitiful figure begging for help. She was a scraggly creature, a human to be more precise. Elves were known for their firmness yet kind genorosity to those who were pure in heart, but something about this girl gave her a bitter taste, almost...

She shook her head once, blue eyes inspecting her before finally replying, "I assure you, I am very real. You and I are in a similar situation, being trapped within this place, so what do you desire from me? "

Flygon trainer
December 31st, 2004, 9:25 PM
I had trailed after the group, and I saw the girl pleading for help, though I was incredibly uninterested. I breathed out a spurt of green flams, though it didn't go anywhere, and I said "let's go. this isn't worth our time."

January 1st, 2005, 9:47 AM
"Nooo," the illusion wailed. "I don't want to be alone, they killed my husband. I don't know, but something ripped right through him." She fell at the feet of the elven lady, begging and groveling "Please, let me come with you, I don't want to be alone, I don't want to be alone, I don't want to be alone, I don..."

January 1st, 2005, 11:11 AM
Auraya hated begging.

She eyed the pitiful creature, before reluctantly giving in. Whether her story was true or not, she did not know, but for now it couldn't be decided upon. She swept the train of her dress asides, before asking,

"You needn't be alone, but tell me, where do you come from?"

January 1st, 2005, 3:02 PM
The illusion blubbered her thanks, getting out hurridly in between sentences "I come from one of the northern provinces, Lapne. My father uns it for the Emperor." She fell into tears again, and wailed "I'll never see daddy again..."

January 1st, 2005, 5:37 PM
Auraya regarded this calmly.

"Lapne...I'm sorry to say I haven't heard of this place," She tilted her head thoughtfully for a moment at the strange 'daddy' comment, staring at her again. "Although I assure you- being an optimist for a person like you at this time would be the best solution."

Flygon trainer
January 1st, 2005, 6:02 PM
"guys.... I'm starting to think this isn't safe..." I said calmly. I was getting annoyed just as quickly, and my emotions were spiraling towards anger. "we need to get out of here, if somebody's going to get eaten, better her than us."

January 1st, 2005, 6:40 PM
"No, no, please don't" the illusion wailed again. "I...I'll try to look positive. We need to stay together to get out."

January 1st, 2005, 6:44 PM
Auraya's eyes glazed over the girl.

"Is it not a simple common fact that we must indeed, stay together...?" She bemused for a second, before sighing. "Now to face the task of getting out," the elf turned sharply towards the one with anger flaring up easily, the one she suspected something was inhuman about.

"If we all stick together, and one will be eaten, is it not obvious we'll all be eaten anyway? And what do you suppose we'll do then?" It was another question for, 'now what?'

January 3rd, 2005, 4:36 AM
As i saw the poor desprate lady before us i looked down the hallway in temtation to continue "we really should start going, a trap could have just let loose before we know it" I said, I took the ladys hand and smiled "you can squeese my hand if you get scared" I helped her get up and i started to walk

January 3rd, 2005, 8:14 AM
The illusion smiled at the elven girl as she stood. Her job was to guide them deeper into my web. She said uneasily "I was in a hall when the got my husband." She gave the appearance of almost breaking down again, but held her chin up and continued "But it didn't look like there were any other traps that way, maybe we could try it."

January 3rd, 2005, 8:37 AM
I smiled "if anything should happen we can always turn back" I said, I started to walk into the dark hallway, as i did i noticed that the hallway only got darker and darker, "maybe we could make a fire and light something so we can see where we're going" I said to Soara

January 11th, 2005, 4:37 PM
ooc: since i dont want to read anything, i'm just gonna post...

ic: Soara walked around nervously, stepping high, trying to find someone. Somehow, she had gotten lost from the others, and was now walking through a long hall alone.

Soara got an idea. She kicked the wall, just as that one girl did. Instead of hearing the sound waves bounce back to her, Soara heard nothing. She didnt know what to do. Find the others, or continue alone? Soara shrugged, and walked on through the darkness.

January 11th, 2005, 5:50 PM
OOC: I seriously think that AD just left XD
I stopped as i heard Soara kick the wall, no sound was made "we're going the wrong way" I said to the lady, I turned around and started to walk towards Soara

January 11th, 2005, 6:02 PM
Soara almost whinnied with joy when she saw Silliven. "Okay, I dont trust that lady... From now on, I'm going my own way...." She said, stamping her hoof on the ground.

ooc: lizzie, that is you name, right? and, i dunno... i'll pm him. *pokes AD with a stick*