PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Hyrule

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
July 2nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
http://images.wikia.com/nintendo/en/images/3/3a/663px-Zelda_Logo.svg.png

Hey there guys. I figured we should try again and have a topic where we can talk about all things Zelda. While there will be no formal owner/co-owner thing, if you have any questions you can contact me (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=4350#) or Abnegation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=143209). If you're gonna join maybe you'd like to fill up this small form for introductory purposes. :D

Username/Nickname
Why do you like Zelda?

Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why?
Favourite Zelda character(s), and why?
Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share?

All questions are optional, but it'd be nice if you have the time to fill it up.

So yeah, as to get the conversation going, what do you think about Skyward Sword, the next Wii installment for the series? Any theories, expectations? Also, what about that Zelda demo they showed for Wii U at E3? Miyamoto has already said they do plan on developing an HD Zelda for the next console. :D Will it be a launch title?

abnegation
July 3rd, 2011, 04:59 AM
Well I think I should just fill this out anyway, to kick things off :]

Username/Nickname: Gav, is usually what people call me.
Why do you like Zelda? Purely for the games. The first was introduced to the series by The Minish Cap, I was pretty late getting into it, but I love it. The atmospheric euphoria of the scenery but the intensity of the battling against unique and interesting foes always had me on edges and drew me into the series. The originality of the games as well as the general epicness of the storylines always had me gripped to the series.
Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? A lot of why I like the games I answered in the last paragraph, but I mostly like the adventure. I love the mystery of the games and I've always wanted to see how things unfold. I love the fights, but at the same time, it's the dialog which really is an interesting part of it. The visuals are always stunning, I think that Zelda always had great designs.
Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? Postman. Vaati is one of my most favoured antagonists. It took me ages to beat him, but he was also a pretty awesome design and I loved his background in retrospect. It's hard to think of my faourite recurring character though. I quite like Malon, purely because she turns up in so many of the games, LA, OoS, OoT, FSA, and with some references to Malon in TP. I always seen her as the one who looked after and raised Epona though. Even though it's different in TP.
Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? Well, I started playing Minish Cap 7 years ago, but it was only last year I got 100% completion on it, I think that's more of a fail than anything haha. But I couldn't find the last kinstone fusion for a long long time, I didn't use guides you see.

-Jared-
July 3rd, 2011, 05:31 AM
Ooh, a Zelda fan club! :D

Username/Nickname:
Jared is fine with me. ^__^

Why do you like Zelda?
Well, let's see. The dungeons, the characters, the weapons, the items, the locale, the music...everything, really. XD

A Link to the Past! Definitely. It was the first game in the series I had played, and I remember my neighbor letting me borrowing it, and I wouldn't return it for months because I had too much fun with it. XD Eventually, when she put away her SNES for good, she just gave the game, saying "You kept it so long it was practically yours, so go ahead and keep it." XD Also, I have beaten this game at least a couple dozen times. >__>

Hmmm.....I can't choose. :\ Can I skip this question? XD

Other than beating ALttP a couple dozen times? XD For me, Wind Waker was my first 3D Zelda game (I was deprived as a child and never had an N64. XD) SO I remember fighting the first boss (In Dragon Roost Island, I can't remember it's name.) and when I beat it, it felt awesome. I was like "Woah. This game is gonna be fun." And I was right. XD

July 3rd, 2011, 05:42 AM
I might as well do my own. XD

Username? CWTAP, but you can call me Víctor or Steven.
Why do you like Zelda? It was probably the fist game in which my mom and dad didn't beat me silly. XD My first 1P, and it felt great. I've liked the music and the sense of adventure since I was a kid. The freedom in the games and creativity in puzzle-solving have kept me lovin'.

Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? Majora's Mask. I love it because it goes farther than any other Zelda game in respect to being more than just an amazing, atmospheric game; it's also an emotional experience. The plot, storytelling and character development have a depth and pathos that many of the best films and literary works I've come across would envy. It touches many themes that as a child you can't even begin to understand, like death, longing, suffering and the meaning of friendship. You end up not only caring for Link but for everyone in Termina; many of whom have their own stories and agendas, pains and preoccupations while they try to deal with the end of the world. It's scary, overwhelming, intrguing, sad and beautiful. I love it.

Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? Probably... Saria. The way she cares for Link is really amazing. She's pretty much the personification of friendship.

Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? I love playing Zelda on rainy days, and there's a reason for it... I remember the very first time I played ALttP. It was a cloudy day, and it started raining like hell just as I turned my Super Nintendo on. I remember thinking, "it would be awesome if there was rain on Zelda". You can imagine my delight when I started a new file and found out the game starts just like that, in the middle of a downpour. XD It was awesome.

Miss Doronjo
July 3rd, 2011, 06:10 AM
Major fan right here. :3

Username/Nickname
Miss Doronjo but you can call me Shawn.

Why do you like Zelda?
Zelda is a very action-packed, adventure, puzzle game. :3 The game play is AMAZING. I love it because everything about it makes you wanna rip off your hair -- the dungeons, the puzzles, the insanely hard bosses, and so on; but I love a good challenge. <3

Twilight Princess; its a pretty dark game if you ask me! Its pretty unique compared with all the other Zelda games; you get to transform into a wolf, traveling to dark dungeons like the twilight realm, whichis my favourite, BTW!

Ehhh... this is a tough one; all the Zelda characters are unique in the way. Probably in specifics, I'd have to say Minda, cause she's pretty funny and awesome. <3

OMG -- I ACTUALLY BEAT THE SHADOW TEMPLE IN OOT. I've heard rumors that its a pretty scary dungeon; with an insanely hard boss to boot; but, it wasn't actually that bad!

July 3rd, 2011, 06:18 AM
OMG -- I ACTUALLY BEAT THE SHADOW TEMPLE IN OOT. I've heard rumors that its a pretty scary dungeon; with an insanely hard boss to boot; but, it wasn't actually that bad!

I looooove that dungeon. Bongo Bongo is one of the best bosses in all of Zelda!

Miss Doronjo
July 3rd, 2011, 06:21 AM
I looooove that dungeon. Bongo Bongo is one of the best bosses in all of Zelda!

I know; he's one of my favorite as well. :3
Him and Twinrova; because I thought Twinrova was pretty tough first time around; because I didn't know what to do at first, but yeah. :B

Kotowari
July 3rd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Username/Nickname
Kotowari
Why do you like Zelda?
The story line, the music, the game play, about everything, really. : D
Twilight Princess. It was the first Zelda game I owned (not played, mind you), and I was totally blown away while playing through it. The story was great, the graphics magnificent and more. I loved running around as a wolf, and the Dessert Boss battle is by far my favourite.
Ocarina of Time comes a close second because it's such a great game.
Link ...
Midna, cause she's got a great personality. I loved the remarks she made.
(Manga only: Raven (Oracle of Ages). Because he's cool)
"I'm in the water temple (OoT) totally lost. Can't find the switch. Can't find the exit, wait found it! AAH, that doesn't reset. ;;"
"Wee, fighting a huge Stallord on a Beyblade? Awesome. >83"

~Ryukaa
July 3rd, 2011, 07:02 AM
Why wasn't this made yet? xDD;;

Username/Nickname:
ponyman. Just Ryuuka would be fine. :D
Why do you like Zelda?
Is this a trick question? Why wouldn't I like Zelda?
I haven't played all of them, but from the ones I've played, I like Spirit Tracks and Link's Awakening DX the most.
Mainly because of the music, and the way the games felt, really.
Ganon(OoT). I dig that nose.
I really liked Elzo, in Minish Cap.
Not any I can remember except for chicken abuse.

Miss Doronjo
July 3rd, 2011, 07:07 AM
Well to add to the discussion: I can't wait for Skyward Sword. Its graphics remind me a bit from Wind Waker, which I personally love WW for the cartoon-ish look.

/The Floor Masters were at least bearable. :B

~Ryukaa
July 3rd, 2011, 07:15 AM
Yes! Skyward Sword! That looks absolutely brilliant! From what was released so far, it actually reminds me of Minish Cap. Which is a huge plus. How everything looks is also really, really charming. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to beat Wind Waker, but I loved it nonetheless. Skyward Sword will be great. Not to mention it's got a freaking clown as a villain. That's awesome.

shenanigans
July 3rd, 2011, 07:27 AM
YES YES YES YES YES!

• Username / Nickname
Razor Leaf / Harry

• Why do you like Zelda?
Why not? I think that Zelda is one of the most intuitive, in-depth and entertaining adventure / puzzle games ever made. The massive range of items, characters, areas and challenges, especially those non-story ones, made it one of my favourites of all-time.

• Which Zelda games do you like the most, and why?
Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess; basically the GameCube-released ones. Since those were the only ones I ever got to play. But I loved all of them equally yet in different ways, if that makes sense.

OoT was the first one I played, and the sort of "classic" for me, the baseline for all of the Zelda games. No quirks like in MM or WW (although I guess you could call the whole aging thing a quirk), just straightforward entertaining gameplay.

MM took it further with the time travel thing, which gave me a much more in-depth and challenging game. It took me ages to figure out what I even had to do half the time, but I really enjoyed it.

WW was just great with its charming graphics and huge possibility for exploration, something which I feel so many games are missing out on now.

And TP simply took everything I liked before it and put it together in a single, fast-paced and graphically enhanced masterpiece.

• Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share?
When I finally finished TP completely, with all Gold Bugs and everything. It took me so long, especially without any help from the guides, but I got there and I'd go back and do it all again!

July 3rd, 2011, 10:37 PM
OoT was the first one I played, and the sort of "classic" for me, the baseline for all of the Zelda games. No quirks like in MM or WW (although I guess you could call the whole aging thing a quirk), just straightforward entertaining gameplay.

I'd call ALttP the true baseline of the rest of the Zelda games. It introduced many more concepts. OoT may be the basis for the console Zeldas, but the true standard was set by A Link to the Past, IMO. :D

Alternative
July 3rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Well when you think about it, Ocarina of Time was a classic in a sense that it's one of the older Zelda games, plus being probably the most popular one in the entire series. Just my thoughts though. :)

Joining, btw.

Why do you like Zelda?
she has boobs I think I like the games because it's fun and entertaining, not to mention it will keep you entertained for hours on end. It's also quite open world and not linear in any sense whatsoever. You could just go rupee farming and buy lots of Hylian Shields if you wanted to, or figure out what to do, which is always fun in a game like this. It ever took me ages to get Saria's Song on OoT.

Favourite Zelda game(s)?
The top of my list will always and forever be Majora's Mask. Due to the fact that it was the first Zelda game I played, plus the ominous themes and three days to do it in just raised the ante in difficulty. I remember having to use the Time Slowing song just to do whatever it was that I wanted to do before the moon crashed. I also really do like Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess as well. Ocarina speaks for itself in a sense and Twilight Princess has me some fond memories. Defeating that giant Twilight Bug as a wolf, getting the Zora Armor, literally waiting 1/2 trying to get out of the cage as a wolf in the beginning. I can tell you hilarity ensured me for that. XD;

Favourite Zelda Character(s)?
First and foremost would be Zelda, especially in Twilight Princess. All that stuff you have to do with fighting Ganon in the second part I believe is just awesome with her light arrows and stuff. I also love the Gorons in this in general. They look cute in Ocarina of Time I think, and they just seem happy in general. :D

Antebellum
July 5th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Username/Nickname Karpman, but you can call my Karp or Karpy, most people do.

Why do you like Zelda? The extremely colorful cast of characters, deep plot, and puzzles just hook me in, and the soundtrack of every Zelda game is always amazing.

Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? I like OoT and Majora's Mask, most. I like the former because it's pretty much the first Zelda Game I played and allowed me to comprehend everything about Zelda, well, mostly everything, it's pretty much what I consider the "Starter game" in the Zelda series. As for the latter, I just love the plot and atmosphere in Majora's Mask, as well as the characters. I didn't love the whole 3 days idea, but it was still quite fun.

Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? I like Link, mainly because of his design and the fact that he's the main character. I like Skull Kid as well, he was an interesting character.

Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? Not really. xD

~Ryukaa
July 5th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Okay, I've been playing alot of the original Ocarina of Time recently and I've been impressed by it all over again, so when I decided to pick up Twilight Princess again, I was blown away. xDD;;
I have played Twilight Princess before, but I only just realized how grand it looks. o3o

countryemo
July 5th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Username/Nickname
countyemo, or Travis, or whatever.

Why do you like Zelda?
Pretty much everything. The pure epicness, the music, the puzzles, the whole deal.

Wind Waker. No doubt. I know allot like Oot, but to me Wind Waker was the best. I liked the whole adventure theme, the sea travel to islands, i dont know.
Minish Cap is cool too.

I guess Link, Zelda. The norm. But the pirate girl (who is zelda) I think shes pretty awesome.

I dont think so..

I so cant wait for the skyward sword it looks brilliant and will no doubt top OoT as the best.

chanchimi
July 5th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Username/Nickname
chanchimi
Why do you like Zelda?
I like it because I hate it. xD Yeah. I've had a bad time with Zelda games, I've had many and never beat one. Whether it was because I was too young or couldn't figure it out, I don't know. But I'm determined to beat them now!
Well, I guess Ocarina of Time. I've almost beat it! (3DS)
Probably Sheik and Ganondorf.
No. Except maybe for when me and my brother got the oracle games and we found rings in a mall and together wielded our power and friendship rings. :D

Ursula
July 5th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I love TLoZ. omg.

Username/Nickname
Just call me Tyler.
Why do you like Zelda?
It's my favorite game series, honestly. I've been playing it for about nearly 10 years now. [well I guess it's 8, really]. My first game was Wind Waker. :D
Majora's Mask, by far. It's the most epic game in my opinion. I've replayed it several times. :]
I liked Marin in Link's Awakening. She was just so adorable. =3=;

I AM SO PUMPED FOR SKYWARD SWORD.

Alternative
July 6th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I've been playing Ocarina of Time on the 3DS and it's very fun if I say so myself. I've had some fail moments in my time of playing it. I remember when you go into the Lost Woods and have to play the Ocarina with those weird Deku Scrubs and get a Heart Piece, and I couldn't be bothered doing another round of Ocarina playing, so I stopped without knowing I'd get a Heart Piece for it. x( Another one was back when I first played OoT and I always struggled to get the sword in Kokiri Village. One time it took me two hours just looking for it. I finally found it though. :P

Also my 3DS went flat before I could save so I had to do the Dodongo Cavern twice.

abnegation
July 6th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I've been playing Ocarina of Time on the 3DS and it's very fun if I say so myself. I've had some fail moments in my time of playing it. I remember when you go into the Lost Woods and have to play the Ocarina with those weird Deku Scrubs and get a Heart Piece, and I couldn't be bothered doing another round of Ocarina playing, so I stopped without knowing I'd get a Heart Piece for it. x( Another one was back when I first played OoT and I always struggled to get the sword in Kokiri Village. One time it took me two hours just looking for it. I finally found it though. :P

Also my 3DS went flat before I could save so I had to do the Dodongo Cavern twice.
Ugh dude, honestly I think that was one of the most annoying parts of the start of OoT. "Hey Link you need a shield and sword but what you don't know is you need to break rocks to find 40 rupees to buy a shield, and yeah, not gonna tell you about the sword, it's in the forest some place. Good luck!" I always thought that could have been done a little better.

Alternative
July 6th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I thought Rupee farming for the shield was kinda easy though, since you only need 40 rupees for it, especially when you get later in the game and red rupees are more common than usual. It builds up quickly. :P I just kill Dekus and buy their seeds for lots of rupees just to use them up.

I also felt like when fighting the giant Dodongo monster that it was quite easy, and the battle wasn't as long as I expected it to be. :/

~Ryukaa
July 6th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I had no problems with it, since I played the game when I was in about Grade 3. And when you're in Grade 3, you tend to explore around a bit too much with video games and screw around alot too. o3o
Though, it did add some exploration and independence to the game, which I liked. The beginning wasn't the only part like that. xDD;;

Alternative
July 6th, 2011, 09:23 AM
That's probably the best thing about the Zelda games. You can go at your own pace since it's quite an open world, this land is. It's not linear in any sense if you ask me, which is one of the greatest aspects of a game like this.

July 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I thought Rupee farming for the shield was kinda easy though, since you only need 40 rupees for it, especially when you get later in the game and red rupees are more common than usual. It builds up quickly. :P I just kill Dekus and buy their seeds for lots of rupees just to use them up.

What I always do is make Link jump the platforms beside the shop and that earns you 5 rupees. Then you just go in and out of the shop, and repeat. 40 rupees in about a minute.

Darkfox1525
July 6th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I'd LOVE to join.

Username/Nickname
Zegan will do just fine. :)

Why do you like Zelda?
While I do love the storyline and the puzzles and whatnot, what got me hooked on the Zelda games was the music.

Wind Waker, by far. The music was awsome (I LOVE Dragon Roost Island's music), Navi isn't in it, i love the graphics, and it had some decent puzzles.

Link of coarse. He silent (yet everyone seems to know what he's thinking XD ), he kills things with weapons nobody would ever use, and he knows how to play music.

I beat LoD, Spirit Track, with 100% completed.

Troye
July 6th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I'm disheartened that I only just noticed this D=

Username/Nickname Just call me Jake =P
Why do you like Zelda? There's isn't much I don't like about it Minus Navi to be honest =3 My first game was OoT, and the whole experience between intertwining the puzzles and music through the Ocarina was amazing. I've been hooked to the puzzles ever since. I also love all the extra quests that the game provides, starting with the Golden Skulltulas all the way to hunting down every Piece of Heart.
Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? I hold OoT on a high pedestal naturally, but I have to say Majora's Mask is right up there with it. OoT is a fantastic game all together, but the darkness that MM has with it is so intriguing to me. The character development, darker context, and the three day cycle just so many good aspects to the game.
Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? Ughh. This is a hard to choice =3 I guess I'll go with Sheik. For starters, the music duets between him (Yes I know it's actually Zelda XD) and Link were always amazing to listen to (Especially the Bolero of Fire <3). I liked the whole back story behind Sheik as well. Acting as a guide for Link in the seven years ahead of time is pretty sweet to. That and the way he talked was poetic and awesome XD
Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? Beating Master Quest. Oh my freaking god it is the most ridiculously hard thing ever, and I literally had to look up stuff because I never would have figured it out otherwise. I mean really Spirit Temple? A freaking CHEST is a switch to open the door? Grrr FUUUUUUUUUUU. Master Quest, why are you so Master Quest?

Alternative
July 6th, 2011, 07:15 PM
What I always do is make Link jump the platforms beside the shop and that earns you 5 rupees. Then you just go in and out of the shop, and repeat. 40 rupees in about a minute.
I guess that's easy, but I enjoy rupee farming, walking through the long grass, finding wild pokemon breaking the rocks etc. It's not the same thing over and over again. :3

Raikiri
July 7th, 2011, 06:27 PM
A Zelda club? Count me in.

Username/Nickname: Raikiri, but I notice a lot of people call me Rai for short.

Why do you like Zelda? A lot of non-Zelda fans ask me that and I can never fathom why they would ask such a silly question. Alas, I find it be the most complete gaming experience possible. Challenging dungeons, enthralling combat, epic stories, amazing music are all there to draw you in and never let go. The game-play is nothing like else out there and I have yet to find a Zelda game I do not like (except the CDI ones but they don't count). It truly is something surreal. Not to mention, Zelda games are one of the few games that I can play over and over again even after I memorize how to beat a dungeon.

Except for Ocarina of Time's Water Temple. Always need a guide for that one.

Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? Tough question but I would have to say Twilight Princess. In my opinion, it is the best one since OoT and that is saying a lot. I enjoyed the story, the characters and the size and scope of the world. It had a lot of variety in the game, probably the most after Wind Waker. Most of all, I loved the items and the combat sense. It really felt like the game made huge improvements to the combat deeper and more varied. Not to mention, I firmly believe Twilight Princess had the most epic fight with Ganon yet. The sword duel was amazing. I did Twilight Princess a bit easy at times, though.

OoT is a close second for obvious reasons. It was the perfect game. I just had more fond memories with Twilight Princess than I do with OoT.

Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? Navi because she is so helpful Link is the easy choice as he is the main character and he truly does have the all the ideal qualities that a hero should have.

Zant and Dark Link would have to be mentioned as well, being my favorite villains from the series. Zant truly looked to be a suitable replacement for Ganon until he went nuts and revealed himself to be nothing more than a pawn. Nevertheless, he was critical to the story and his boss fight was probably my favorite. Dark Link is just intense. His fight in the Water Temple is the true boss fight for that dungeon. I never played Zelda II so I wouldn't know too much about that incarnation, but I know everyone agrees that Dark Link is just a bad***.

I also love Orca and Talon for the fact they are critical to the story but also complete jokes in their own way.

Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? The most memorable thing I can share is my semi-tradition with my best friend in which we play at least one Zelda game a year usually over our winter break from school. Most often we pick Twilight Princess as it is our favorite one. Good times playing Zelda for 12 hours straight a day only taking breaks for food.

As far as Skyward Sword is concerned, I am definitely excited for that one. The new control scheme is interesting and adds a whole new dimension to the game. I am not too fond of some of the items however, at least not the ones I have seen in the trailers. Maybe they'll surprise me.

July 8th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Let's get the convo going!

In a recent interview with Wired, Eiji Aonuma said that the tech demo that was shown at E3 may not be actual game graphics or game play from a new Wii U Zelda game. He also reminded us of the infamous SpaceWorld tech demo that showcased a realistic battle between Link and Ganondorf that people got excited about. Instead of getting a game with graphics like those shown, we got a cel-shaded The Wind Waker. While I don’t think that Nintendo will go that drastic again, it is good to note to watch out when the next game after Skyward Sword is announced and it doesn’t look like the tech demos.

Source: Joystiq (http://aol.it/iGT90N)

I was pretty excited about this demo. Even when Anouma made it clear that the demos were not actual games, it really was obvious that they were looking into a Zelda for Wii U. Zelda still ain't dead! And later, on the week after E3, Miyamoto-san said this:

“This is an HD system, our first HD system, and we want to create a real HD Zelda game for it,”

“You will see a lot of these in-depth and deep experiences in terms of visual style. You will also see some play styles that are fun and interesting because of the play structure.”

Shigeru Miyamoto
Yet, as you can see from the article, we are forced to reminisce about just before Wind Waker was released. There was a really cool video at SpaceWorld that suggested a Zelda more along the lines of TP than what we got in the end (don't get me wrong, WW is awesome).

So, Knights of Hyrule, let's talk!

Do you remember the SpaceWorld (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_World) demo of Ganondorf vs. Link (http://www.kasuto.net/image/archives/gamecube_zelda4.jpg)? Were you disappointed about The Wind Waker's style because of it?

Do you think the Zelda Wii U demo shown at E3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk) is anywhere near what we're gonna get in the end?

What cool stuff do you expect from a Wii U Zelda other than beautiful 1080p graphics (http://www.wiichat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Wii-U-Zelda-demo.jpg)? What uses would you give the new controller to make Zelda even more awesome? Get creative!

Alternative
July 10th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I'm totally good friends with a super mod there. :D

I don't remember being super enthrawled with Zelda until Twilight Princess, which is when the whole series started for me. I wouldn't say I was disappointed with the Wind Waker's style. The style is definitely different and strays away from the semi-realistic style which Zelda goes for these days but instead went for a cartoony style, represented by Toon Link. It sure is different, but different in a good way. :)

For Skyward Sword, I can't exactly see the style changing at all, but yet again I'm terrible at predicting anything, which is a given. :P I bet gameplay will change slightly, using the WiiU screen controller as an interface, instead of using the Wii Remote as a guide on the screen. Sort of similar like what they did with the touch screen in Ocarina of Time 3D.

What I think would be a super gimmick though, but really cool is like they used the WiiU controller like a map on your belt or backpack, where you have to put it in front of you to see where to go, which will pause the game and you can do what it is you need with the map and other settings, such as putting on a new Tunic or whatever. :3

July 11th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I remember I was really mad at Wind Waker's style at first. XD I didn't expect it at all, and I remember playing a bit of it at Toys R' Us and hating it. XD

But yeah, not too long after that I got to play it more thoroughly at a friend's house, and I fell in love with it. It's one of my favourites now. :D

For Skyward Sword, I can't exactly see the style changing at all, but yet again I'm terrible at predicting anything, which is a given. :P I bet gameplay will change slightly, using the WiiU screen controller as an interface, instead of using the Wii Remote as a guide on the screen. Sort of similar like what they did with the touch screen in Ocarina of Time 3D.

Oh no, I meant the Wii U demo, not Skyward Sword. You know, SS is gonna be Wii title and we know a lot about it too. What I was referring too was the new TP-reminiscent demo they showed as gameplay for the Wii U.

Here's the link:

Zelda Wii U demo at E3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk)

shenanigans
July 11th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I remember I was really mad at Wind Waker's style at first. XD I didn't expect it at all, and I remember playing a bit of it at Toys R' Us and hating it. XD

But yeah, not too long after that I got to play it more thoroughly at a friend's house, and I fell in love with it. It's one of my favourites now. :D
Honestly I think that its style just turned it into a brilliant piece of art as well as a video game. I too didn't like it at first but I think it just adds a whole new dimension to it which I really don't see often in games, or at least the ones I've played.

Bela
July 12th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Totally joining this :)

Username/Nickname: Bela
Why do you like Zelda? I've always enjoyed playing this series for its sense of adventure, fulfilling the role of a legend, fighting enemies, collecting rupees, getting cool weapons, traversing through dungeons, solving difficult puzzles.
Which Zelda games have you played? The Legend of Zelda (NES), Link to the Past (SNES), Ocarina of Time (N64), Windwaker (GCN), Twilight Princess (Wii), Phantom Hourglass (DS), Spirit Tracks (DS)
Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? A Link to the Past was my first and most favorite. It seems like this one in particular had a lasting impression on me that some of the others lacked.
Favorite Zelda character(s), and why? Ganon. More recent games have strayed away from focusing on the Link/Zelda/Ganon Triforce concept, which is unfortunate. I feel that is what made this series so great--having these three characters in a constant struggle spanning multiple games.
Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? Some select scenes in Twilight Princess were pretty cool, mostly the ones that focused on Zant and Ganondorf. Other than that, beating the game is always the best. =)

And I can't wait for Skyward Sword either. Should be fun!

Alternative
July 12th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Oh no, I meant the Wii U demo, not Skyward Sword. You know, SS is gonna be Wii title and we know a lot about it too. What I was referring too was the new TP-reminiscent demo they showed as gameplay for the Wii U.

Here's the link:

Zelda Wii U demo at E3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk)
I must've interpreted that wrongly, since I had all these intentions that Skyward Sword was going to be on the Wii U. :P But anyway, what I meant is that Skyward Sword does have the distinct graphic style which is a cross of the realism which Twilight Princess aimed for, and the cartoon style that Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and so on used with Toon Link. As for how they can have a graphic port for the Wii U, I have no idea how that's going to work, considering the game may or may not need to be remade for these graphic capabilities as well.

Anyway, mind if I bring up a topic?

We all know that Zelda isn't something which uses a lot of spinoff games, except for Link's Crossbow Training, which came with the Wii Zapper anyway. How do you think the Zelda series would be different if it had used a lot more spinoff games?

July 12th, 2011, 04:28 PM
We all know that Zelda isn't something which uses a lot of spinoff games, except for Link's Crossbow Training, which came with the Wii Zapper anyway. How do you think the Zelda series would be different if it had used a lot more spinoff games?

I don't know, I've always wanted to see a Zelda Racer. XD It's a wild dream, I know. But there have been ocassions in Zelda that point out it could work; In Majora's Mask, for instance, there's the Goron Races and the Zora hoop thing against the beavers. In Ocarina, there's the race against Ingo. There's always boat racing, Wind Waker style.

A game that would incorporate modes like those and add Zelda items Mario-Kart style (bombs/arrows/hearts/hookshot, just think of the possibilities! XD) would be awesome!

-Jared-
July 12th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Anyway, mind if I bring up a topic?

Hmmmm, the main thing, I think, would be that the fan base would be split a little, when a new game is released because they will all be going "NEW MAIN SERIES GAME!" or "NEW SPIN OFF GAME!" depending on what they wanted, and then mini flame wars might erupt. XD

Other than that, I don't know how it would affect the games at all...all I can hope is that main series game quality wouldn't go down at all. XD

shenanigans
July 20th, 2011, 06:25 AM
So, I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough for either Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. Probably the former; I've already stated in here (I think) how much I love the exploration side of it and all that. It's just getting started that's my problem, really. The Forsaken Fortress always just seems like a storyline mountain to me really, it takes me forever to deal with. ;-;

-Jared-
July 20th, 2011, 06:34 AM
So, I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough for either Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. Probably the former; I've already stated in here (I think) how much I love the exploration side of it and all that. It's just getting started that's my problem, really. The Forsaken Fortress always just seems like a storyline mountain to me really, it takes me forever to deal with. ;-;

Haha, coincidentally enough, I was gonna start a Wind Waker playthrough...that is, if my brother won't stop hogging the Wii. -__- But I have to agree about the Forsaken Fortress. It just feels sluggish compared to the rest of the game. Fortunately, the rest of the game is so fun, it more than makes up for the beginning. XD

shenanigans
July 20th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I think it's probably the fact that you don't get any items for the most part. That and how you have to go back loads every single time you get caught just makes it so repetitive. It's the later game that I really enjoy the most though, although it's been much too long for me to really give any specific points. Which is one of the reasons I want to play it so much again!

All of the above can be said for Twilight Princess though, so ugh now I'm stuck. And I still have two Pokémon games to be getting through too. ¬¬

CriticalFlygon
July 20th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Username/Nickname: Critital
Why do you like Zelda? Awesome dungeons and puzzle solving elements, cool items and boss fights and Link's hat
Which Zelda games have you played? Every 3d Zelda game The Legend of Zelda (NES) Adventures of Link Minish Cap Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks
Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? Can't decide.
Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? Beating Majora's Mask with regular Link.

Troye
July 20th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I think it's probably the fact that you don't get any items for the most part. That and how you have to go back loads every single time you get caught just makes it so repetitive. It's the later game that I really enjoy the most though, although it's been much too long for me to really give any specific points. Which is one of the reasons I want to play it so much again!

All of the above can be said for Twilight Princess though, so ugh now I'm stuck. And I still have two Pokémon games to be getting through too. ¬¬

I agree with you 100%, seeing as I just finished a play-through of Wind Waker like 3 months ago =P But once you're out of Forsaken Fortress the story picks up pretty fast and it's all good from there. I just hate the majority of the sailing required (Ballad of Gales heck yes =3)

abnegation
July 21st, 2011, 05:01 AM
It's the same with Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass. Waheeey too much traveling, I never seen the strong necessity to move around so much in the ship or train.

shenanigans
July 21st, 2011, 05:20 AM
Oh it's not really the amount of travelling that bothers me, I actually love the exploration and the little islands you find along the way. It's just how limited it can be sometimes; there are so many islands you can't interact with until late-game and that annoys me a little bit I guess.

Miss Doronjo
July 21st, 2011, 05:26 AM
Well, in PH and ST, I do agree, its kinda annoying how you have to travel back to the same temple a few times. :x
It...gets kinda repetitive.

And those phantoms; on how they can one hit kill you; its insanity. @.@

abnegation
July 21st, 2011, 05:32 AM
I liked the exploration too, it's just not executed well enough, as you say RL, it's not really practical. At any rate, Phantom Hourglass was extremely aggravating for the sole reason that you had to keep going back to the temple, I actually quite liked how it was done in ST, ST was superior though in all honesty. The travelling wasn't quite as annoying. And noooow, I think I want to go play ST all over again, thanks guys!

shenanigans
July 21st, 2011, 05:38 AM
Ugh Phantom Hourglass is one Zelda game I can't say I ever really took to that much in all honesty. The boating just seemed to me to be a half-arsed attempt at Wind Waker and yeah we all know how frustrating that temple was to have to go over and over and over again. Especially since it sort of reminded me of the Forsaken Fortress in WW which I couldn't stand, with how you have to avoid being seen and etc. It got nicer once you were able to deal with Phantoms more easily though.

Miss Doronjo
July 21st, 2011, 05:45 AM
I actually like the bit with the Forsaken Temple; even though I'm not a fan of those parts of Zelda on where you "can't be seen" it does really give off a dark atmosphere towards it. ^^

abnegation
July 21st, 2011, 06:07 AM
The only real game that I liked that had the "YOU MUST NOT BE SEEN BY THE GUARDS" thing, was OoT, but I liked some parts of the temple in PH. I do like how in TP there isn't much of that (if any), and as it should be. I really cannot wait for Skyward Sword actually. But I'm playing through TP, and I really dislike the City in the Sky, I was pumped to see it, and then it was all... 0_o. I was disappoint. Personally love TP though, I like being older Link, and I like the updated graphics. But man, SS, so incredibly pumped for its release.

Raikiri
July 21st, 2011, 02:12 PM
Ugh Phantom Hourglass is one Zelda game I can't say I ever really took to that much in all honesty. The boating just seemed to me to be a half-arsed attempt at Wind Waker and yeah we all know how frustrating that temple was to have to go over and over and over again. Especially since it sort of reminded me of the Forsaken Fortress in WW which I couldn't stand, with how you have to avoid being seen and etc. It got nicer once you were able to deal with Phantoms more easily though.

I have to agree with you there. I could never get into Phantom Hourglass because it felt like a not as fun version of Wind Waker. I always intend to go back and play it but I can never motivate myself to go back and give it another try. And then Phantoms bothered me to no end X___X

-Jared-
July 21st, 2011, 04:11 PM
Huh. For me, I really liked Phantom Hourglass, repeating dungeon and all, the first few times I played it. But then I played Spirit Tracks, and PH just got really really boring. :/ Maybe a part of it is the fact that you can control Phantom!Zelda, where in PH all phantoms are out to get you. :\

countryemo
July 21st, 2011, 04:27 PM
I just got OoT 3Ds (which Im past the deku tree this time xD)
I had to beg my mom cause I never really played Phantom Hourglass (I didnt get that far, at all. either) But Wind waker was awesome, so was TP. I cant wait till SS. And I wonder how Zelda HD will turn out. Will we get a new Zelda 3Ds along the way too?

Raikiri
July 22nd, 2011, 09:06 AM
I actually reserved SS a few weeks ago and after seeing the new trailer from Comic-Con I am definitely more excited for it then I was before.

Zelda HD from E3 is probably nothing more than a tech demo unfortunately, so I wouldn't expect a true Zelda HD till next year or even the following year. I could be wrong and Nintendo could make it a launch title for the Wii U though. But I am not betting on it.

As far as a Zelda 3DS, I expect Nintendo will make at least 1 or 2 original Zelda titles for the system. And I am going throw a guess out and say 1 of them will be cell-shaded like Windwaker. But that is just based on the fact that PH and Spirit Tracks were DS titles that happened to be WW sequels. While Nintendo is doing remakes, I'd like to see a LTTP remake. I don't know why, but I'd love to see one. Might actually make me buy a 3DS.

abnegation
August 1st, 2011, 02:11 AM
Yeah, for now, the only reason I'm going to go out and spend a great deal of cash on a 3DS is if Nintendo end up making some more original games on it. I can't really afford to shell out a good whack of cash on a new 3DS system to play a slightly updated version of OoT. Normally I would be excited about a release like that. But the graphics aren't enough of an update for me to spend that much money. Besides, it would be playing OoT on a smaller screen (I'd never use the 3D, never liked it). I'm sounding so negative here, but unless they made some original games on the 3DS or remade something like Link's Awakening, then I'd buy it. But until then, I can't afford one haha.

But I agree with LTTP, I'd like to see it on 3DS also. That would actually have graphical update worth paying for. But yeah, so looking forward to SS, it couldn't come soon enough. TP was amazing for me, I loved it, but I hope SS increases the difficulty a bit.

Alternative
August 1st, 2011, 07:47 AM
I actually need to start playing OoT again. :x

From what I can see, I never played Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64 so the 3DS port is pretty much a nice option for me. I like how all your items and map are on the other screen instead of having to pause though, which is a nice feature. :)

Riku
August 1st, 2011, 01:13 PM
OH. MY. GAWD. I have been on a Zelda BINGE this past week. Soooo glad to come back from my break to find this wonderful piece of heaven ;;

Username/Nickname Stand Alone, but I don't mind what you call me so long as it has SOME semblance or relativity to the username =b
Why do you like Zelda? Zelda has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. The original for the original Nintendo was the first game I ever played. It's just utterly captivating with the puzzles and art and music and just overall fantastic plot(s).
Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? Twilight Princess is by far my favorite. I love the original, love OoT and MM, but TP has always held my interest most of any Zelda game, perhaps due to the darker, more emotional plot it seems to have. That and the Ganondorf fights are complete and utter win
Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? Midna. Midna Midna Midna. She started out as a cruel, demanding little imp, but she grew so fast on me just because she shows so much concern and tenderness toward not just Link, but the people of both her realm as well as Link and Zelda's. And she's just... believable. She's flawed, her reasons aren't always the best for doing the right thing... she feels genuine emotions so strongly and they come out so easily and wonderfully.... I just love her for it :'D
Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? Uhm... I just recently did a speed run through OoT and got 100% in under 48 hours. That was... intense. Also, I will gladly admit that at the end of TP, I teared up the first time seeing it. That's just how awed I was by it.

I think what I'm looking forward to the most about Skyward Sword is just learning so much about the origins of sooo many things in the series. Trailers and released info have already said that this game focuses on the creation of the Master Sword, and there are various goodies that have been noticed here and there. Also, the graphics. I'm in love with them. The cell shading from WW combined with character designs similar to TP just looks like a moving water painting to me. It's so rich and beautiful.

As for an HD Zelda game, I honestly expect it to look very veryyyy similar to what we got to see at E3. And I don't want it to change very much. I've always loved that more realistic art style for Zelda Gee, I wonder why?, and seeing that sort of style running in the beauty of full HD? I must admit, I figuratively drool at the idea.

Majora's Mask remake for 3DS would be nice to see, and isn't out of the question from what I've read... so long as there's enough of a community demand for it. I would love that, too. MM had such amazing cinematics involving the Moon and whatnot... it'd be wonderful having those in 3D. And, admittedly, I'd like to play the game on a current gen. system and it NOT lag every time you destroy a bush or fight some moths like the Gamecube Collector's Anni. port of it.

Rena Ryuugu
August 2nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Oh goodness. I'm hoping this club is still accepting new members. I'm addicted to Legend of Zelda.

1. Username/Nickname? Sarah

2.Why do you like Zelda? The Legend of Zelda:Oracle of Seasons was the first game I ever bought with my own money, and I've been in love with the franchise ever since.

3. Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? Majora's Mask is my all time favorite. The time based gameplay is just absolutely brilliant.

4. Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? I'm really a fan of the Happy Mask Salesman from OoT and MM. He's definitely my favorite.

5. Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? It's pretty embarrassing... Basically every time I beat a Zelda game, I cry for like 15 minutes, then just start playing the whole game over again.

Lockmaster24
August 3rd, 2011, 05:50 AM
Username/Nickname: Lockmaster

Why do you like Zelda? The pure awesomeness of the games, the challenge of the bosses and the puzzles and everything else.

Any that i can get my hands on.

This is hard. Hmmm... Link being the left handed Hero. (Also left handed)

Never got to play OoT past teh water temple at least and I got the 3DS version. Beating Bongo Bongo on 1/4 of a heart seems like an awesome moment to me.

BlooMilk C.
August 5th, 2011, 08:58 PM
omg I love TLoZ. I want to join :o
Username/Nickname
People call me Bloo, but my name is Rod. You can call me whatever you prefer.
Why do you like Zelda? The Legend of Zelda was my first video game. I've been playing it since I was five years old, and I've loved it ever since. My first game was the Collector's Edition, which included The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. I lost it, but I'm planning on buying it again because it was so amazing. Right now I'm playing Ocarina of Time 3D on my 3DS. I'm up to the Water Temple, and I love it so far. I like solving the puzzles especially.

Favourite Zelda character(s) and why? I like Saria the most. She cares for Link very much, and is always faithful in him.

I'm really excited for Skyward Sword. Also, since I'm a "3DS Ambassador", I'm going to get The Legend of Zelda for free in September. I haven't played Link's Awakening yet either, so I'll probably get it soon, either used so that I can play it on my GBA or on the eShop.

Raikiri
August 11th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Majora's Mask remake for 3DS would be nice to see, and isn't out of the question from what I've read... so long as there's enough of a community demand for it. I would love that, too. MM had such amazing cinematics involving the Moon and whatnot... it'd be wonderful having those in 3D. And, admittedly, I'd like to play the game on a current gen. system and it NOT lag every time you destroy a bush or fight some moths like the Gamecube Collector's Anni. port of it.

I actually never played Majora's Mask so I would defintely pick up a remake for the 3DS should they make one. It's been rumored Nintendo is considering it too, which would likely draw in the more hardcore gamers to the handheld. With the price drop in addition, I am findin harder and harder to stop myself from buying one X___X.

And amen to an increase on difficulty for Skyward Sword. Windwaker and Twilight Princess were a bit too easy for me. Too easy to the point I memorized most of the dungeons. Except for that damn Water Temple. Why is the Water Temple always the hardest dungeon?

~Ryukaa
August 12th, 2011, 06:28 AM
My parents said I will be able to get a 3DS this weekend, because of the price drop. Which means I'll be able to grab OoT, while I'm at it. o3o
This will technically be my first run ever through the game, so I'm really looking forward to it.
But the Zelda game I'm really excited about is Skyward Sword, naturally. I can't get over the color scheme and style of the game. It looks too brilliant. Oh, by the way. Has anybody heard that Orchestral Medley they played at E3?

Troye
August 12th, 2011, 06:33 AM
My parents said I will be able to get a 3DS this weekend, because of the price drop. Which means I'll be able to grab OoT, while I'm at it. o3o
This will technically be my first run ever through the game, so I'm really looking forward to it.
But the Zelda game I'm really excited about is Skyward Sword, naturally. I can't get over the color scheme and style of the game. It looks too brilliant. Oh, by the way. Has anybody heard that Orchestral Medley they played at E3?

The medley was wonderful, and on top of that they're actually having two orchestra events based solely on the music from LoZ: One's in LA, and I can't remember for the life of me where they are holding the other one (It's not in America, that much I remember).

I'm really tempted to get a 3DS now with that price drop, I really want OoT, plus I'd love a MM remake. I actually started going through it again on my Wii, and I'm realizing I'm so much of a perfectionist with these things: I haven't even gotten to Deku Palace yet and I already have 6 Heart Containers. Yeah...

BlooMilk C.
August 16th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Yup. I loved the orchestral medley, since I think the The Legend of Zelda has fantastic music, and it was just great to hear it from an orchestra. I especially like the music from OoT, but not in particular, but you can tell that's it's a large element of the game just by using the ocarina, which allows you to play songs, and sometimes I play it to just hear the songs.

About the pieces of heart in OoT, I've only gotten two heart containers from them in Ocarina of Time 3D because I'm lazy.