PDA

View Full Version : Some Pixel Art that I made.

TheMarkCrafter
July 6th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I made:
A broken frisbee LOL!
A Rounded Rectangle
Earth sample
Gulpin sample
Oshawott Sample
Pikachu sample
Extra:
Oshawott's shell.
http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/d/o/donotuseplz.gif?2
Sprites at attachies.

Desukān
July 6th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Not really that good at all.. The shading is poor, the colors are ugly, and I bet you used the circle tool on paint didn't you?

Lornami
July 6th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Not really that good at all.. The shading is poor, the colors are ugly, and I bet you used the circle tool on paint didn't you?

^This is not constructive criticism in my eyes. Telling someone they aren't good at all achieves nothing. You've not told them WHAT makes the shading poor or the hues unappealing, nor how they can improve or fix their works. :/

To KingSnivy

What is it exactly that you are trying to create? I'm not really sure what these are so it's hard to direct you in some aspects.
One aspect I can comment on is the spheres, and how you've shaded them. You have divided them with a straight diagonal line. Unless these are actual coin-like shapes, the shade itself will bend with the object.

This is one a very quick example, but do you understand? Does the sphere on the right appear to have more mass? Shading will follow the shapes that the shadow is on.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii25/Rachae_Bossier_Art/circle.png

Kyo The Pro
July 27th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Well I guess I'll get to the point

1st sprite. It looks like a halo but you say its a Frisbee
2nd.you just colored in a rounded rectangle made with the tool on paint
3rd. the earth it is misshapen
4th.im sorry but unless you read the thread you could not tell its a gulpin
5th.your pikachu has light shading on left red circle but its dark on that side so it shouldnt be there
6th.no comment
shell looks nothing like a shell

you shade with a straight line through them try what lornami said
the shadows are wrong, from where the light seems to be coming from it should be going to the side and stretching not sitting directly under

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 28th, 2011, 08:27 AM
My favorite one will have to be the Earth sample because it resembles the Earth and it looks like what it is then the rest of them. For Oshawott, try and match the ears on the head together

:t354:TG

refep
August 9th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Take my advice and DONT use the circle tool. And i'll say there ......O.k.....