PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop (x) Rap Appreciation

NerdSparks
July 19th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Can't say I see one here currently, but if not (even if there is) let's make this one official).

News
Top News

Albums
Albums Dropped
Lasers by Lupe Fiasco
Shaolin vs Wu Tang by Raekwon
Give the Drummer Some by Travis Barker
F.A.M.E by Chris Brown
Rolling Papers by Wiz Khalifa
Goblin by Tyler, the Creator
All 6s and 7s by Tech N9ne
Hell the Sequel by Bad Meets Evil
Finally Famous by Big Sean

Albums Expected
Legendary Weapons by Wu Tang Clan
Success is Certain by Royce da 5'9
Tha Carter IV by Lil Wayne
Cole World by J.Cole
Take Care by Drake
Detox by Dr Dre
Watch the Throne by Kanye West and Jay Z

Successful Albums
This Year
-Finally Famous
-Rolling Papers
-All 6s and 7s
-Goblin
All Time
To be updated with member recommendations

Artists
Artists to Watch
Drake
Kanye West
B.o.B
Rick Ross
Tyler, the Creator
Frank Ocean

Up and Coming
Diggy Simmons
Odd Future
Dom Kennedy
Frank Ocean

Topics of Discussion

Favorite Album of the Year thus Far
An Album you Consider Classic
Least Favorite Album
Favorite Rapper

Gold warehouse
July 19th, 2011, 05:52 PM
The last one died, but I'm glad this is here because I just heard Kendrick Lamar's new album Section.80 and it was really great. Definite essential-listen! Curren$y's new album is decent too, but I wouldn't recommend to anyone that isn't already a fan of his.

NerdSparks
July 19th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Kendrick Lamar's album was very good. I gave it about an 8.5/10. In my opinion Kendrick Lamar is very talented, and I had seen that in his debut album (O)verly (D)edicated. I think this is a better album in production and his rhymes.

Nuke
July 20th, 2011, 07:12 AM
I'm glad that this is back.

I'm probably going to be flamed for this but I've been listening back through Eminem's stuff lately and does anyone else think Relapse is actually better than Recovery?

I think Em painted a very good picture in Relapse and while Recovery was good, it didn't have the same effect.

Gold warehouse
July 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I'm glad that this is back.

I'm probably going to be flamed for this but I've been listening back through Eminem's stuff lately and does anyone else think Relapse is actually better than Recovery?

I think Em painted a very good picture in Relapse and while Recovery was good, it didn't have the same effect.
I agree, but I still didn't like Relapse that much either. I prefer his earlier stuff. I honestly don't understand the hype around Recovery, it's got a few decent tracks, but nowhere near as good as other albums Em has done.

I did enjoy Hell: the Sequel by Bad Meets Evil though; it wasn't great, but there were some solid tracks on there and I think it's the best thing Eminem has done in about 10 years. Hopefully Bad Meets Evil will stick around this time.

NerdSparks
July 20th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I can see where Recovery might be a better album to Relapse, but even still I enjoyed Relapse a lot more. Hell: The Sequel, in my opinion has been the only really solid Eminem album since The Eminem Show.