PDA

View Full Version : I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me

Blue Nocturne
July 24th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Papa, Paparazzi.

Simple, yet complicated question:
What do you think of the Paparazzi?

I like to keep informed about the world and, unfortunately, Celebrities are a big part of current events. In that respect, I find them a valuable source. However, sites like TMZ and Perez Hilton, that like to detail things as minute as the "news" that someone slightly famous is DRINKING COFFEE completely unnecessary and intrusive on peoples privacy. Having said that, some people eat it up. So what's all of you's view?

Gold warehouse
July 24th, 2011, 11:12 AM
It can be all in good fun when reporting about celebrities, and sometimes necessary to report bad things; but a lot of the time they take it too far. Too many people in the paparazzi are desperate for a story and they'll stop at almost nothing to get one. I can't imagine how twisted you have to be to take photos of someone dying, whether they're a celebrity or not. Whilst readers of certain tabloids are dumbed down to the point they believe every story they read unconditionally.

On one hand they are beneficial for bringing scandals and corruption in the political world to light. On the other hand they ruin people's careers perhaps unfairly (Mark Oaten comes to mind). Then half the time the press is in bed with the government anyway. You don't know whether you can trust them, but their reporting is useful all the same; overall I'm glad they're around.

I'd rather the paparazzi had a better sense of justice and fairness about them, but the same can be said for the whole world. Idiocy can't be combated, only ignored or taken with a pinch of salt.

FreakyLocz14
July 24th, 2011, 04:10 PM
They should carry themselves like professional news reporters and not uncivilized heathens, IMO.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
July 24th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Yeah the paparrazi can be so annoying...I actually don't blame the stars for hitting them...especially when one tries to one's girlfriends skirt...
They are quite invasive...but they can be helpful. I guess like everything their is a Yin and a Yang to the paparrazi.

Esper
July 25th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I don't like how real news gets pushed aside for this infotainment celebrity gossip stuff. I just don't understand people's need for celebrity gossip so I don't see a real need for a group like this. Real reporters could uncover government scandals (and sometimes they do, when they aren't actually in bed with the government) and every other beneficial thing that paparazzi could potentially do without the invasive celebrity mongering side of things.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 25th, 2011, 09:51 AM
What do I think of the paparazzi ? I feel that they are really annoying and should get a new job. If I had someone take a photo of me doing something, then I would seriously punch them and hopefully not get into any trouble with them. I can't stand the show TMZ..........they are really annoying.

:t354:TG

Xyrin
July 25th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I don't care about Celebrities. Don't care what they do but I do believe it's quite unfair to be stalked by the people every day. They have to be extra careful, one screw up that somebody gets a picture of and you get humiliated for weeks. Even when it's something minor.

BlooMilk C.
July 31st, 2011, 08:17 PM
I think that the paparazzi should seriously leave me alone. I'm not joking.

The paparazzi is too consistent about what they do. They are constantly harassing celebrities, and it's unfair to them. I think their stalking should be done in moderation, lol, so we get news, but not incredibly intrusive news that people may feel uncomfortable with.

Captain Hobo.
August 5th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I think they can be good about getting photos, but I think there doesn't need to be that many of them.

Also, if the person asks them to stop taking photos them they should stop.

Cherrim
August 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM
They do their job because it supports them. If people weren't so obsessed with celebrities and their lifestyles and what they do, the paparazzi wouldn't exist. :( So until people stop paying their photos and press any attention, they're going to keep going. It's the fans that feed them even if a lot of fans claim to hate them. *shrug*

TRIFORCE89
August 6th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Papa, Paparazzi.

Simple, yet complicated question:
What do you think of the Paparazzi?

I like to keep informed about the world and, unfortunately, Celebrities are a big part of current events. In that respect, I find them a valuable source. However, sites like TMZ and Perez Hilton, that like to detail things as minute as the "news" that someone slightly famous is DRINKING COFFEE completely unnecessary and intrusive on peoples privacy. Having said that, some people eat it up. So what's all of you's view?
If you don't like it, don't look at it really.

TMZ I don't mind. I think TMZ likes the entertainment business and celebrities. They just have a business that's tied to it.

They send out their camera men every day in hopes of getting that next big story. Aaannd... well, that doesn't happen everyday. But they gotta come back with something, that is their job. The celebrities seem to be okay with them. They'll tell a joke, answer whatever stupidly mundane question they have, and walk away forty seconds later.

Perez is a monster though. That dude is vicious on his website. Lots of name calling, inappropriate pictures, and unwarranted attacks.

For the record, I don't really go to either site unless something big happened (like when Michael Jackson died), but I do watch the TMZ show. It's pretty funny.