View Full Version : Another Newbie

July 26th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Another Newbie has arrived at PokeCommunity. :>

Hey there~! I'm Alice. There's nothing much to say, but I just wanted everyone to know who I am, and what I'm about to do. xD

I'm about to open up a shop here. I wouldn't consider myself as an amateur, or a professional, just enough to open a good, moderate and casual shop. Still thinking of a name, though. Any ideas?

Also, I'm going to make a Pokemon Hack. It's a mixture of 2D and 3D. I'm going to use Black and White Sprites, while using FireRed or GreenLeaf Tilesets. It will be unique-ish, but I'm not sure if I can make awesome Fakemon like the ones I'm seeing around. :<

But I can make it, I think. I just hope I don't do anything stupid that might get me banned, or worse. What's worse than getting banned?

Well, see ya, and keep an eye out for my hack and shop~!

Well, instead of making a Pokemon Hack, I'm making it a Pokemon game using RPG Maker VX. But I'm not sure if I can make it right now, school is getting in the way. Because I don't have RPG Maker VX, I have to download it. But it says it's only a trial. Ugh, now I have to earn money, too. -.-"

July 26th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Hello there... You're perfect!
For The PokéCommunity, that is.

Since you know about shops and hacking, I'll assume you already know about the G&P and RomHack forums. Both of those communities in particular are very friendly (from what I hear) and will go to extreme ends to help you perfect your work. Be sure to make good use of the veterans there, as they are quite skilled in their trade--plus, they tend to keep lots of tutorials around those sections too. Read up on them in the stickies.

Ach, also remember to check out the Community Rules (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=242861) (once again, just for good measure).

I also suggest that you head to the User CP (http://www.pokecommunity.com/profile.php?do=editsignature) and set up your signature. What better way for other members to get to know you than adding even more things to your post? :) ... Here's the part where I suggest you fix up your profile too, but I see you're very ahead of the game... You'll fit in well!

Have fun!

July 27th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Thanks~! The signature is done, I'm contented with my profile (so far), uh, what else?

Oh, yeah. I got all the forum experience from other Pokemon forums out there. But this is the best out of all the forums. :>

I hope I'll fit in here. xD
Again, thanks for the warm greeting~!

July 27th, 2011, 1:42 AM
Ah, hacking is the realm of things that confuse me and scare and thus I shall SHUN them. But if someone else wants to try it, then more power to them, by all means. And by shop, do you mean Pokemon Trading Centre? Because if so, I'll definitely be dropping in! At any rate, welcome to PC, if you need anything at all, please let me know and I'll come running. Or clicking. Either way.

July 27th, 2011, 1:53 AM
Nope, sorry, not Pokemon Trading Centre. Just a normal, everyday sprite request shop. :> Thanks for the warm welcome~! Yeah, and I'm pretty sure you'll come 'clicking' when I need you. xD

Oh, thanks for the greeting~! Thanks for everyone who greeted me~!