PDA

View Full Version : I feel horrible.

#Emochu
August 1st, 2011, 12:36 PM
I was working on a fantastic LP in the LP forums, as I was putting a lot of effort into commentary, I screw up by pressing back space, which I thought would erase the image, but no, it just goes to the last page and I lost ALL my efforts.

I got so pissed, that I slammed my fists on the desk, that I had this fish plush doll and I through it across the room at an amazing power, had a big blue ball which I slammed against a wall and it bounced off.

pokecole
August 1st, 2011, 12:53 PM
Something like that has been happening to me. Every time I try to post something thats over a paragraph it logs me out and I lose my work!

#Emochu
August 1st, 2011, 12:56 PM
Something like that has been happening to me. Every time I try to post something thats over a paragraph it logs me out and I lose my work!

Well, what did you do when your Pissed Off elastic band ripped?

Alice
August 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
That sucks. Try Microsoft Word.

#Emochu
August 1st, 2011, 01:16 PM
That sucks. Try Microsoft Word.
Unfortunately, I can't do so because it involves inserting IMAGES from FACEBOOK where I waste my time uploadig the screenshots.

Thanks anyway Qking.

Alice
August 1st, 2011, 01:22 PM
You can still do that. Just copy the img code into word. Or just copy your post over every few minutes.

groteske
August 1st, 2011, 01:28 PM
I've that so many times through various means that I just type long posts in notepad, particularly when they contain images. For some reason it's easier for me to copy & paste the links alongside the text in notepad, probably because it feels more "trustworthy" than a forum textbox and has a larger field to work in.

itp: silly logic

Guy
August 1st, 2011, 02:37 PM
I'm sure this has happened to all of us at some point; typing up something quite long, and then losing it because we either get logged out, PC crashes and we lose what we wrote, or simply because our cursor wasn't in the response box, and thinking it was, we press the backspace button and instead we get sent to the previous page losing all our work. In many of these cases, I find picking up the habit of C&P'ing what I type every couple of minutes or before I go to submit / refresh and preview my post quite helpful. Also, if you know you're going to be doing something that will take you some time, then I suggest having a page open to the Who's Online list very useful next to having the "Remember Me" box checked when signing in.

That being said, I don't see a lot of discussion coming from this, therefore, I'm going to go ahead and put the lock on this. I hope my response helped you ─ or anyone else who reads this post ─ out. If you do have a serious problem dealing with real life issues though, then I suggest using The Post Your Problems Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=237972).