PDA

View Full Version : What if there was nothing?

#Emochu
August 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
No universe, no God, just nothing, not even blank white/black space. No colour.

What is the point of life? Why did it have to happen? Was God bored?

I'm muslim BTW.

Alice
August 1st, 2011, 01:02 PM
Well, there's obviously not nothing if we're something.

G.U.Y.
August 1st, 2011, 01:04 PM
Pretty much what QuilavaKing said - we're here.

If we weren't..then there wouldn't be anything to think. I don't believe in God, so I don't think anything would be much different if there was one, or if there is one and then there wasn't.

#Emochu
August 1st, 2011, 01:09 PM
I'm asking what if there was just nothing, if the whole universe and everything didn't exist. No creator.

It is a mystery..........(>=_=)>

Black Ice
August 1st, 2011, 01:19 PM
Think about how things were to you before you were born.

That's how it'd be.

G.U.Y.
August 1st, 2011, 01:19 PM
I'm asking what if there was just nothing, if the whole universe and everything didn't exist. No creator.

It is a mystery..........(>=_=)>

If the universe didn't exist we wouldn't be here to think about anything - so that's a pretty pointless question.

"Is there a God" and "If the universe didn't exist" are two completely different questions but you're treating it like one. There is also already a thread on God. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258524)

twocows
August 1st, 2011, 02:38 PM
No universe, no God, just nothing, not even blank white/black space. No colour.

What is the point of life? Why did it have to happen? Was God bored?

I'm muslim BTW.
If there was nothing, we wouldn't much care, now would we?

As for the point of life, that is for each person to decide for him or herself. I can't tell you what answers will work for you in your way of seeing things, but the way I as an atheist see it, our existence is purely random. I see no cosmic purpose or any such thing. We're here because it just happened that way. My self-created purpose extends from that: I figure I will (a) make the most of my time here and enjoy myself and (b) do well by others when possible so they have the chance to do the same. YMMV.

Guy
August 1st, 2011, 02:52 PM
Er...You're cutting it pretty slim just by saying there would be no color, not even black and white.

Point blank, there would be absolutely nothing if you put it in your terms that you described here. Absolutely nothing but a clear void.

Also, how would God have gotten bored if there were no God? o_O

Anders
August 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM
It's such a crazy question, and it interests me to no end. I myself can't think of a way the world began when nothing was there. If it was by God how was he created, or any entity that created us? If it wasn't how did something come from nothing? It blows my mind.

And now I'm going to go read up on the Big Bang theory to see how it explains it!

Livewire
August 1st, 2011, 06:10 PM
Uhmm. This is pretty vague and kinda pointless. If there was nothing, then there'd be nothing to discuss because nothing exists, technically. The "Your view of God thread will suffice for this sort of thing."

*Locked*