PDA

View Full Version : we've got open arms for broken hearts

Gold warehouse
August 2nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
Have you ever had your heart broken?

How long did it take you to get over it?

What helped you to deal with it, if anything?

Have you ever had to help a friend deal with a break-up?

And one anyone can answer:
Are your emotions fragile and easily hurt, or are you usually unfazed?

Kevin
August 2nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
Um... Actually no. :D
I don't go out often, plus I usually break up with the people.

But actually I can be sensitive at times, but I keep these feelings locked inside my heart, so I'm like dead quiet on the outside, and act like nothing has happened.

PlatinumDude
August 3rd, 2011, 12:45 AM
Couldn't answer the above questions, so I'll answer the last one:

Are your emotions fragile and easily hurt, or are you usually unfazed?: I'm a rather sensitive person, so I tend to get my feelings hurt rather easily.

Patatas Fritas
August 3rd, 2011, 02:40 AM
Aye, but I was single at the time. I think the rejection broke my heart. Yeah, I had plenty of friends to help me out during that time. Me and the guy are still close but yeahh... xD; Oh and chocolate helps too!

Yeah, I'm really overly-sensetive. I get so worked up at the littlest things it actually annoys some people.

Ayselipera
August 3rd, 2011, 04:15 AM
Well once I really liked someone and we were close friends, but they ended up liking my best friend at the time which overly hurt me because I was eleven at the time and easily hurt, but regardless! At the time I considered it having my heart broken because it was the first time I had liked someone that much, but now looking back I laugh at it. So I don't know if I would count that!

Oh god, a really long time. More than a few months at least.

I think eventually you come to a point where you realize it's pointless to keep hurting when they obviously don't care and you just find a way to move on and forget about it. Plus seeing as I was so young my feelings for them was pretty sure to change anyways.

Too many times to count.

If I'm hurt by someone I really care about then yeah they're pretty fragile, but if by anyone else I'm more than likely to not care much at all.

Shining Raichu
August 3rd, 2011, 04:46 AM
Never had my heart broken or anything, so I'll move on to the everyone question :P

I'm pretty unfazed by most things. It's hard to hurt my feelings, though it has been done before.

Esper
August 3rd, 2011, 07:35 AM
I've had my heart broken a couple of times. Nothing I want to go into much detail over, but it did take me a while to get over it and in general I had not much help with that so it was a slow process.

I remember one time a friend broke up with her girlfriend. They'd been dating for almost a year and had moved in together and seemed to be a wonderful couple and nothing seemed to be a problem for them. I thinks she was as surprised as everyone. I spent the night sitting with her on the bathroom floor while she cried and got gobs of snot all over my clothes (sorry for that detail, it's just really vivid in my memory). That wasn't the last time I was a shoulder to cry on, but it was the longest, worst time.

Mew~
August 3rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
Never really experienced it myself, I've broken up with people but on good terms really.

Yes, a friend of mine (a girl) broke up with a boy she'd been seeing for a few months, but he broke up with her just saying that they weren't working, when she was really fond of him. She was really upset, but me and my friends managed to help her get over it.

Well, I wouldn't call myself an emo, but I don't really think my emotions would be really hurt that bad on a certain occurrence, but not unfazed.

Owl
August 3rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Twice sadly.

First one, a week, second one took, or I should say taking months.

Avoiding the person, not coming into contact with them, etc.

Plenty of times. They usually come to me, so I console them and things.

And one anyone can answer:
Easily hurt, sadly. I wish that I could change that :/

Raizhu
August 3rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
Yes, I have. I've mostly gotten over it, but I still feel a pang if I think about what happened. =/

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 11th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Nope and I dont think I ever will

It never happend to me and I am super lucky

When I broke up with the person or vice versa, I would ignore them and it worked

Yes, so many times. One of my friends broke up with this girl like 2 years ago and he is still feeling it, he needs to move on already

Unfazed

:t354:TG

mameshiba
August 11th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Ive never had my heart broken, soooo, ill move on to the final question
Depends on the insult, when it hits me really deep, I wallow in a corner for like an hour than feel better.

Ink Heart
August 13th, 2011, 03:07 AM
- Si. Yes. I had.

- How can I answer that when I'm STILL getting over it? Awch. XD Still, it's a bit better now, fyi. :>

- Listening to music helps a whole lot. Really. Plus, talking with a friend.. It calms the soul. Being alone helps as well. Oh, and NEVER cut yourself, even if it has a big temptation.

- Yeah. A lot of times now. Haha. Mostly, I just nod.. and say ahh... Most people deal with it by just talking about it. Some people get annoying when they just talk about their break up and all.. so I just nod and say ahhh... kk.. at them. /Sue me. They were getting boring. -.-

- At times, yeah.. I'm so sensitive. At other times, I do the "so what?" look. It depends on the person though. I know it's different when the one insulting is the one that you like. Awch. XD