View Full Version : Favourite game?

Gold warehouse
August 2nd, 2011, 7:59 PM
It can be a board game, a card game, a playground game like hide-and-seek, or a game that you created yourself.

No video games plz.

August 2nd, 2011, 8:04 PM
Card game wise... HAS to be The Game of Mao.. so intense yet so fun at the same time.

Heh does Quidditch count? We played it a lot on the playground when we were younger xD

Though games just as fun would have to be Sardines (backwards hide-and-seek where 1 person hides and everyone looks for them and when you find them you hide with them) and Hide-And-Seek in the dark

August 2nd, 2011, 8:15 PM
I love Sudokus, Checkers, and Chess. o3o

August 3rd, 2011, 12:53 AM
My favorite card games are Texas Hold 'Em and Idiot Trading card game wise, it's Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 3rd, 2011, 1:29 AM
Favorite card game: Kemsh (I think that's how you spell it? xD)
Favorite board game: . .. ... Chess!! :D
Favorite playground game: Tag and all other games that involves running. :D

mondays suck
August 3rd, 2011, 1:32 AM
Mau Mau (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mau_Mau_%28game%29) and Durak. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durak)

Both are card games, and both are great ways to kill time. Until last year I used to play both of them every single day at school. And my main opponent had the tendency to frequently draw all the 7s in Mau Mau. And I still managed to win at a decent rate. Good times.

Also, at home at friends' homes, I love playing Mensch ärgere dich nicht (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensch_%C3%A4rgere_dich_nicht). Unless someone happens to frequently roll multiple 6s in a row and runs away with the game or someone spawn camps me.

August 3rd, 2011, 7:05 AM
Killer Bunnies (http://rhornbek.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/killer-bunnies-03.jpg) is a fantastic card game where you... try to kill bunnies. But it's not gruesome, I swear! It's more ridiculous than anything. And addicting.

I like lots of board games. Chess, go, scrabble, clue(do). I couldn't pick a favorite out of them all.

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
August 3rd, 2011, 7:22 AM
My favourite card game is solitaire. Yes, it's because I can't play anything else because I have nobody to play cards with. It's a good way to pass the time, though.

I really like reversi, which technically is a board game, but I've only played it on the computer. Scrabble is fun too even though I'm not good at it. xD

August 3rd, 2011, 7:39 AM
Uh... I like Monopoly. Lol.

But I love checkers. I used to play it all the time in elementary school.

August 3rd, 2011, 8:01 AM
My favourite game?
Other than Scrabble and Chess, does The Game count?

August 3rd, 2011, 8:05 AM
Heh, I used to love playing connect 4 as a kid. I still play hide and seek with my little brother sometimes. xD

August 3rd, 2011, 8:05 AM
Me and my friends do nothing but play Euchre. x)

I don't care for many other card games though.

August 3rd, 2011, 11:42 AM
Me and my friends do nothing but play Euchre. x)

This, albeit it has been years since we last played it. I used to also play monopoly and some chess, which I pretty much lost against any opponent; I sucked at it.

August 3rd, 2011, 11:52 AM
This year I got into sudoku. I also love to play Monopoly online with friends; we have a variant called Auctionopoly, which is meant to deal with the reliance on chance introduced by rolling good properties. (It's still a very RNG-based game, but it's more fun this way, imo.) Basically, you have to put every property you land on (including utilities and transport spaces, anything that can be purchased) up for auction. Properties tend to go for more than the board sets, which isn't a bad thing imo... some of the properties are way underpriced for their value. I enjoy Scrabble and Uno as well. We also play a variant of Uno called Can Uno, with some of our own rules / altered card functions.

August 3rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
When I was a kid, I remember the game 'Off the Wall' was pretty fun. If you don't know how to play, basically you throw balls against the wall and it can only bounce once, if you touch the ball then miss it, you have to run and touch the wall before another person throws the ball at the wall. If you get three strikes, you have to go up against the wall and they throw a ball at your back.

August 3rd, 2011, 1:49 PM
President card game (http://www.ehow.com/how_4466190_play-card-game-president.html) is so fun. I own my friends about 90% of the time and often times I get to become a President for at least 30 minutes when I take the position :3

August 3rd, 2011, 4:36 PM
I don't know names, but two of my favorite games go like this..

One you need a group of at least like 5 for it to be fun. You all get in a circle, put in 1 hand and hold the person's across from you, then when you put in your second hand and grab somebody else's the goal is to get as tangled as possible. Then you work together to untangle and it almost always ends in people falling over, screaming and having a great time. :D

Another is a version of hide and seek where one person hides and everybody else searches for them. Once you find the person hiding you have to hide with them without getting noticed, and the last person to find the hiders is the one that hides first the next round. It's best to play in big areas though like a park or something, or have fun hiding in a closet together lol.

August 3rd, 2011, 5:30 PM
I play a great game, it's called "how much can I drink without wanting to die tomorrow". I'm pretty good at it.

Also, solitaire games. Favorites are Mod3 and Grandfather.

August 4th, 2011, 4:43 AM
Favorite board game:
monopoly & scrabble
Favorite playground game:
a version of chain-chain and a version of hide and seek :P

i don't play cards games much :P

August 4th, 2011, 5:46 AM
Board games: 1. Risk 2. Scrabble 3. Monopoly

Card games: 1. Pokemon 2. Magic: The Gathering 3. Basra (add "card game" to the end of your search to get the game instead of the city on Google)

Liliana Vess
August 4th, 2011, 5:48 AM
Card game:
I can't remember what its called but i remember you have two 'pots'. one of them for the person who gets rid of your cards first adn the other for someone whos played the queen of whatever suit is in the middle.

Board game
Tied between monopoly and cluedo :D

Playground game
Hide and seek, 21 dares, sardines, truth or dare, just running all over the place pretending to be something your not xD
I miss being in the playground :(

Sweet Candace
August 4th, 2011, 6:07 AM
Board Game: I really like to play Monopoly, despite how long games can take, the game is still fun.
Card Game: Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh, although I only play them casually.
Playground Game: Oh boy, do I remember playing kickball in elementary school and how much I loved to play that game.

Gold warehouse
August 4th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I actually don't know how to play a single card game. I've never known anyone that's played seriously, so have never had a reason to learn one. There was one occasion where a friend tried teaching me Texas hold 'em, but I got bored quickly, and he was teaching me over Facebook which just made it more annoying.

I know how to play Yu-Gi-Oh, but don't count it because it's not a traditional card game and I couldn't really claim to know about it anymore anyway, seeing as they've changed so much since the first set of releases.

My favourite board game is definitely chess. I've been playing since I was six, and I don't play that often, but when I do feel like a board game it's always the first choice. I only play against friends and other amateur players though, I could never hope of doing well on a professional level.

A close second is Stratego, which my friend introduced me to when I was seven, and I've been a fan ever since. It's not a very popular game and I've only found about 3 people that have heard of it before, but I enjoy teaching people how to play. Anyone who likes war/strategic games should check it out.

And then of course Monopoly. Although only when I can be cunning and do deals with other players.

August 4th, 2011, 2:56 PM
nothing beats having a couple of drinks and friends round playing timesplitters 2.

edit: only read the first post now. nothing beats texas hold'em when played competitively.

Opposite Day
August 4th, 2011, 3:12 PM
Munchkin is easily the most fun and ridiculous game experience I've had, especially when played by a lot of trolls, heh.

August 4th, 2011, 3:46 PM
Pfft, who needs video games.

Wall ball was the best. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 4th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Russian Roulette.

Monopoly for board games and Uno for card games. I never played too many playground games and found them to not be worth the physical exertion.

August 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Playground Game:Hockey and Dodge Ball are my favorites.
Card Game: Pokemon
Board Game: Life

Chairman Kaga
August 7th, 2011, 11:36 AM

The most dangerous game. End of the line, Sonny Jim!

Also most card games, I suppose; especially Rummy and Texas Hold 'Em. I love doing statistical calculations on the fly.

August 7th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Monopoly a classic family game.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 9th, 2011, 5:17 AM
Board Game: Monopoly
Card Game Either Poker, Uno or Spit
Playground Game: Manhunt

Mr Cat Dog
August 9th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I'm a traditionalist, so it's Monopoly and Solitaire all the way. Ooh, and Charades! OH AND HOW COULD I FORGET ARTICULATE!? Yeah, looking back on it, Articulate wipes the floor with all the others, to be honest.

August 10th, 2011, 7:07 PM
Well for starters I love board games and card games. Unfortunately I don't know the name of my favorite card game! As for board games I'll play anything, but I love Monopoly, Checkers, Scattergories, Trivial Pursuit, Pictionary, and Balderdash (although I just play with a dictionary).

I also LOVE hide and seek. Especially hide and seek in the dark or of course the even better version of hide and seek in the dark outside. Oh and I can't forget the question game! Which is the best game ever, but unfortunately you can only play it so many times with one person before you get to know everything you care to know about them. :(

August 11th, 2011, 3:01 PM
When I'm at home, we play either Baltimore Rummy, Pinochle, or both. Both card games are easy and fun to play. d("d)

I also like the occasional board game. Usually it's Monopoly. We have a lot of them, since my stepdad collects them. (Or did. idk he might've sold them in his most current move.) And sometimes we play Apples to Apples, but that's only fun when you have more than 4 people, and we rarely have that many.

Now that I live on my own, it's all video games. It's only me and my roommate, and that's just not enough people for anything I like to play. That and we don't own any board games, lol.

August 11th, 2011, 5:43 PM
I don't really play board or card games or anything like that...

But when I was visiting my friend, we played King of the Dock.

It's like King of the Hill (or Mountain, whatever floats your boat) except you play it on the dock sticking out into the lake.

August 28th, 2011, 5:10 AM

That was the best game/book/thing ever. Oh God how I wish I knew if we still had it. SERIOUSLY. ANYONE WHO HAS NOT READ OR PLAYED IT TOTALLY MUST DO THAT. :( So amazing!!! Seriously the little creatures were so cute and even though it was a board game it was so so so awesome. <333

Uhhh in general I don't really play any sort of games anymore, but as a kid I used to like playing marbles and that wolf game of where a person is like what time is it mr wolf and you're like "IMMA EAT U" and then you eat them up but not really because it's just a game :3

I also like some other games others have mentioned too.

August 28th, 2011, 7:32 AM
Sonic Adventure 2 o\r the tales of symphonia series.

Captain Hobo.
August 28th, 2011, 9:26 AM
My favorite card game is Texas Hold Em'.

My favorite board game is checkers.

My favorite playground game is capture the flag because I am fast and sneaky:P

August 29th, 2011, 9:18 AM
Favorite Board game would have to be Monopoly because I always end up getting the most out of it and favorite card game has always been Yu-Gi-Oh!.

August 29th, 2011, 9:25 AM
I fail at Monopoly; no one really ever taught me how to play it right with all the hotels and everything. When I played it with my family we played it a more simplistic version. That way my sister who was like... five at the time could understand what was going on and wouldn't have to figure everything out with all the hotels and everything.

ANYWAYS, my favorite board game would have to be 'Break the Safe'. I don't think many people have played this game, but it's an amazing game in which instead of going against eachother, you have to work with eachother within the time limit to gather keys and get to the safe without getting caught by the guard or dog. My siblings, dad, and I used to play the game all the time a few years back.

As for card game by personal favorite would have to be Uno, though my sister kiiind of play it a little different than you're supposed to play it. We tried playing it normally and we were bored as hell with it. Normal card game I'm not too sure though; the most I know is Speed, War, and Go Fish. ;A;

I'm not too sure what would be my favorite playground game to be honest. Last thing I played was Hide and Seek with my sister and her friends a while ago, haha.