PDA

View Full Version : Postcount Milestones

shenanigans
August 3rd, 2011, 04:14 AM
Are postcount 'milestones' important to you, for example 100, 500, 1000, etc.? Or do you tend to just skip over them completely?

Another question, does postcount as a whole matter to you or could you not care less about how many posts you've made on here?

For me, the only real important postcount milestone I've had was at 15 posts because that's when you're able to start posting links, lol.

Fire away. And yes this is my 500th post.

Sodom
August 3rd, 2011, 04:24 AM
Woo 500th post!

I actually had no idea you couldn't post links before your fifteenth lol - that's a weird one.

Anyway, postcount sort of matters to me, but it sort of doesn't. I think it definitely makes you feel like less of a noob if you have a high postcount, which can only be a good thing - however I'm not sure that the milestones mean all that much to me.

That said, the 100 mark meant a lot to me because I wanted to make claims lol.

Ayselipera
August 3rd, 2011, 04:26 AM
Are postcount 'milestones' important to you, for example 100, 500, 1000, etc.? Or do you tend to just skip over them completely?
When I first joined I was in a hurry to get 1000 because I thought I would look like more of a regular member that way, but then I reached it and realized nothing was different. Now though I don't care. I honestly don't even know what my post count is right now as I type this.

Another question, does postcount as a whole matter to you or could you not care less about how many posts you've made on here?
I care in the sense of the larger my post count gets the more I believe I really need to quit being here. :(

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 3rd, 2011, 06:58 AM
Yush post counts are so important to me, right now I'm trying to reach 1500 before school starts :D

Kevin
August 3rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
Post counts are important to me, but not the hundreds. Only every thousand.

Cassino
August 3rd, 2011, 10:52 AM
I don't care about reaching a particular amount ending in zeros; but having made a nonspecific 'thousands of posts' over the course of years is something I feel I can take some pride in as a member of this site.

2Cool4Mewtwo
August 3rd, 2011, 10:54 AM
I WANT 1000000 POSTS NAO!!!

But having more post counts is important I guess because it shows how much you've contributed to this community.

donavannj
August 3rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
I care about post count to the extent that it can amuse me with the statistical playthings it provides me with. I do not use it significantly to evaluate a person's forum status or knowledge of the forum's functions, if I even use it for that at all. I usually use how they carry themselves around the forum for those.

deoxys121
August 3rd, 2011, 11:40 AM
Meh, having a relatively high postcount at least shows that you're active on the site. But, it's not that important. By the way, according to the members list, the user with the highest postcount is Ryoutarou (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=8691) with 30,417 posts. But, I really don't care. I have a constantly growing postcount, that's all that matters.

Kylie-chan
August 3rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
I haven't hit one in years, lol. It's not like it matters! I personally believe someone with 500 great, substantiative posts or even just a presence on IRC can contribute plenty to the community, and I have a crazy high post count and I haven't been active in a long time. Moreover, I bet if certain forums had post count enabled I'd probably be close to 20k. So it really doesn't show much except I posted here a lot, in, what, 2005-6? ^^;; I still think they're something worth celebrating, just not taking über super seriously! After all, it is exciting to look at your post count and see Posts: 10,000. But at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

I actually had no idea you couldn't post links before your fifteenth lol - that's a weird one.

I might be wrong, but if I remember correctly, it's to cripple spambots and advertisers.

ETA: Organising the Members List by posts, why am I not surprised by who's at 30k...?

Sydian
August 3rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
I thought 10k posts was pretty cool, cause I've always wanted to catch up to Went's post count for some reason. Now I'm 12k and he's just now hitting 11k so I find that funny. I don't really care about post count, but it is kinda cool hitting something huge like 10k.

zappyspiker
August 3rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
The time I reached 1000 posts here I got pretty excited about it, anything after that didn't really feel like anything though xD

Kyoko
August 3rd, 2011, 11:52 AM
I remember I was curious how many I actually had so I calculated all the clubs I posted in and it was over 7000 or something, I don't quite remember but it was a lot (and a few years ago). They don't count though because it was in member fanclubs haha. So since my posts never really counted or showed how active I was as a member, I never really cared about them. Hitting cool even numbers like 1000 or 2000 is fun to see though :)

Oryx
August 3rd, 2011, 12:01 PM
I like watching my count go up but I don't put much stock in it. :3;

Post count makes me see people differently, but not in the way most people say. If I see someone with 20 posts contributing in the same way as someone with 5,000 posts, I'll be much more impressed by them. In the same vein, if I see someone with thousands of posts that posts particularly badly, I'll be much more put off than a new person posting badly.

Melody
August 3rd, 2011, 12:05 PM
I don't really celebrate them much unless they're major stones...like 1k or a 5k marker.

Other than that it's more like..."Oh look, that was my XXXXth post." *edits post to include mention of that fact*

Raizhu
August 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
I don't care much about them besides milestones like 100th, 500th, 1000th, etc..

Naruto Uzumaki
August 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
I don't really care about them much. Sure it's nice to look at every once in a while, but like other users said, at the end of the day it doesn't matter. It doesn't really show anything beside you're pretty active in the posting area of the forum.

Gold warehouse
August 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
My own post count? Quality > quantity; I couldn't care less.

The post-count of others? I like it when I see an intelligent member with a small post-count, because most of the time it means they're new or just-returning. So I'll have a new member to pay some interest to. But really the join date is more useful in that sense, so the post count really is useless.

groteske
August 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
I do not use it significantly to evaluate a person's forum status or knowledge of the forum's functions, if I even use it for that at all. I usually use how they carry themselves around the forum for those.

I like you.

What he said.
howmanycharactersisthatnow

BlooMilk C.
August 3rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Yes, I set post count goals. My current goal is 1,000 posts. I don't really obsess over post count, but I do set goals, which is a good way to make sure that I'm actively post, and I joined in 2008 and made huge gaps between posts, so I have a pretty low post count for my join date, so I want to fix that. I try to make my post count come naturally, so I try to post meaningfully. I guess post count is just a way to set goals for me.

Hybrid Trainer
August 3rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
Postcount itself doesn't really mean that much to me, i'll usually notice when i'm about to hit a miltstone though. Like for example i'm getting close to 1000 posts.
Saying that though the 1000 post milestone does mean something to me because i want to hit it before my pair does >:D

インフェルノの津波
August 3rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
I'm trying to reach 10,000...just cause.

Pyrax
August 3rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Milestones were important to me when I first joined.

I prefer quality over quantity, like I said, I cared about postcount when I first joined,

Katalyst
August 3rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
I couldn't care less about post counts. One person is not smarter or nicer or whatever than another because they have 10000 posts and the other has 2000.

I never had post count milestones while I was here. I'm here to have fun and make friends, not to spam and flood this place with posts.

Patatas Fritas
August 3rd, 2011, 03:14 PM
Not really. I remember when I first joined it was like.
"ZOMG *number* POSTS YAYYY"
But now, I really dont care, it's not like anyone really cares how many posts someones made.

Though I want 4000 so I can have blogs js.

Lady Gaga
August 3rd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Back then when I was a little bit more of a noob than I still am, I remember being uber excited about my 1000st post. That post was, like 2000 of my other useless and not quality posts, posted in the DCC, and I had like stacks of MooMoo milk everywhere, and I think I even gave out "thanks" as if I was winning a frikin award or something. Ohhh, I smh at my 2009 self.

Denny Hamlin
August 3rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
I was happy that I reached my 1000th post count. Then after that I don't even care about it anymore. I won't be as too excited when I reach 2000.

Patchisou Yutohru
August 3rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
No. Post count doesn't mean anything to me. It's one of the most trivial things you can worry about. In fact, I sometimes feel the higher my post count is, the more I need to find something more productive to do with my time.

Sire
August 3rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
I don't really think it matters. You don't get respect or anything like it for having a big post count.

Cherrim
August 3rd, 2011, 04:34 PM
The hundreds and thousands... don't really matter to me anymore. .__.; But I definitely noticed the first time I got into second place. And was counting down the thousands to first place before there was a massive post recount and Jorfe gained like 6k posts out of nowhere. >:O I was gonna be first to 30k!

But anyway. I do notice postcount. It's kind of the only material goal I can have on PC nowadays. XD;

Sammi
August 3rd, 2011, 05:52 PM
I hardly ever notice my postcount anymore, tbh. So no, I don't set milestones anymore. I'm past 5k, which nets me blogs if I leave/get demoted, which is all I care about. d("d) Even though I don't post much, I love my blog ;_;

The only time I notice my postcount is if it's a nice, even number, but that's because it looks nice. And then I post again and ruin it. XD

Saryka
August 3rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
They mattered to me when I was like... fifteen. I believe I made a milestone out of my 666th, 1000th, and 1337th posts. The first and last are kinda weird to acknowledge, but I remember being like "HAHAHA I'M SO 1337" and... oh god it's embarrassing. D;

Post count doesn't matter much to me now. I literally just noticed I hit 3000 posts at some point recently but I really don't pay attention otherwise.

Chiar
August 4th, 2011, 06:15 AM
I'm here since December 2009 (using two accounts) and had ~450 posts in that time, so no. I don't post alot and the count doesn't matter to me.

Talli
August 4th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I haven't got miles really, but if I even get like over 1000000 post cool

Forever
August 4th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I once cared overall, aka I memorised the date I got 10,000, lol :x
And 20,000 only 'cause that was PC anniversary but still--oh God have I made 4,000 posts in less than a year, what.

And I only cared about 24,000 because 23,000 looked ugly. Now I don't care and I'd be fine if my post count stayed at 24,000-ish forever. :3

Guy
August 4th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Once upon a time I cared about post count. That's when I first joined the forum though and thought I needed to post more so the larger my number looked, the more active and established I looked. Then, it became more of a trivial matter, and I don't even care anymore. Sometimes I go on a posting-spree just because I feel like it, and sometimes I may only post twice or three times in the day. Only on occasion do I ever acknowledge my post count number, but it means nothing to me really.

To give you an idea, I had an account before this. On that account, I had 5000+ posts. I gave all that up when I started fresh as Let's Get Lost Together. (i.e. this account right now).

Avey
August 4th, 2011, 09:47 AM
post count milestones are great and anyone who says otherwise should lighten up.

Mew~
August 4th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Doesn't really matter to me to be honest, though I do like to think I'm contributing to the community when I see some sort of milestone. I'm actually close to 3,000 now. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 4th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Every 1,000 or so I get a little sense of accomplishment, but otherwise postcount doesn't really matter all that much to me... anymore, anyways...

PlatinumDude
August 5th, 2011, 01:05 AM
To me, post count shows how much you contribute to discussions. Post counts are also milestones to me (I got up to 4k posts a week or two ago).

Captain Hobo.
August 5th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Yes, I love post count.

I used to care so much about every 1,000 posts, but then, I became very inactive so here I am. Now, I think the big ones matter to me like 5,000 and 10,000 etc. About every 5,000 posts.

Tyrantrum
August 6th, 2011, 06:34 AM
My only 'post count milestone' was aiming to reach 5,000 posts. I achieved that last year. I guess I could go for 10,000, but it took three years just to get 5,000 and god knows I'm not extremely active on here as much as I used to be... :\

Azure Rathalδs
August 6th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I do set post milestones for myself. I'm aiming for 1k posts by the end of August.

Mariah Carey
August 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM
if post count is honestly important to you, then you need to re-evaluate your internet life
possibly your whole life in general

although i like seeing little quirks in my post count (1234, 10101, 666 etc), i don't care about my post count. quality over quantity etc
though my posts are mostly crap so OH WELL

Hikamaru
August 7th, 2011, 01:35 AM
I always declare milestones when posting.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 8th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Are postcount 'milestones' important to you, for example 100, 500, 1000, etc.?
A milestone for post count? Nope, I dont think its all that important in my opinion

Or do you tend to just skip over them completely?
I dont realize when I get to a 1000th post,

I personally don't care, I post because I like to do so

:t354:TG

Weeaboo Name
August 8th, 2011, 10:28 AM
This thread made me realise I'm over 2000, considering I only post in 4 threads that's pretty impressive.

Mr Cat Dog
August 9th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I'd like to say I don't care, but it's a nice split-second feeling when you realise that you have a nice round post-count (5,000, 6,000 etc.) or an alliterative (5,555 et al) or a palindromic (54,345 for example) one. It's only a split-second feeling, but it's a feeling nonetheless.

Exile
August 9th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I made my 1000th post, just recently, I also hit 1K on my old account.

Blue Nocturne
August 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I can type this post and honestly say I haven't the foggiest what post number it will make. Or even how many hundreds.