Forever
August 3rd, 2011, 06:29 AM
[22:11:32] <@ShiningRaichu> I think real life needs passwords
[22:11:33] <@ShiningRaichu> like
[22:11:41] <@ShiningRaichu> in order for someone to talk to me
[22:11:45] <@ShiningRaichu> they need to give me the password

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD.

...now we've got that out of the way!

How many different passwords do you use for both irl things such as phones, and bank accounts, as well as online things such as websites, forums and laptops, etc?

In other words, do you use one global password for everything, or have like a "filler" password, aka something which is just a password you'll use for anywhere that doesn't really matter, and have another one for more serious things, or are you someone that basically has a different password for everything?

And in general do you spend a lot of time thinking of new passwords? Do you change your password anywhere often? Also, have you ever shared your password on a website or a forum and negative things have occured as a result? Or do you/have you shared your passwords with people for things that don't really matter?

Finally! Have you ever accidentally let your password for anything slip by accident? :x

Shining Raichu
August 3rd, 2011, 06:37 AM
Firstly, the quote of me at the top was a joke so please don't anybody be afraid to talk to me, I'm real friendly I swear :P

I am overly cautious, so I never repeat a password. I make my secret questions impossible to crack and I keep a little book (hard copy, not on the computer) of all the passwords for everything so I don't forget them - because there are just so many lol.

One time I let my password for my IRC nickname slip by accident, which quite a few people have done... but I changed it immediately so NO BIG IDEAS.

Kevin
August 3rd, 2011, 06:57 AM
My password... It's very confusing, so I use it almost everywhere, besides school stuff.

But no, no one has ever found out it.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 3rd, 2011, 07:27 AM
I use different passwords for almost everything. o.o That's why I forgot my password for my tumblr account and some of my alts. D: They're so complicated and I swear no one will ever find out! Unless if you hack, duhhh

Pyrax
August 3rd, 2011, 07:41 AM
For this example, I'm gonna use invent two passwords.
For Pokécommunity, Serebii, and Bulbagarden, I use three variations of the same password (for example, NNNNNNN, NMNNMOO, MNOMNOO).
For my other accounts (other forums, youtube, etc), I generally choose variations of three different passwords.

deoxys121
August 3rd, 2011, 07:59 AM
For 4-digit PIN numbers which are very common for things like voicemail and bank accounts, I always use one number. For websites, I always use one of two passwords, depending on how secure I need my account on that particular site to be. For when I need/want good security, my password is next to impossible to guess.

Hybrid Trainer
August 3rd, 2011, 08:04 AM
I mainly use three passwords. But i add variables to them, like if i use it on one site i'll double the password up on another site, or add a number in someone, or even both!
It makes it harder for people to guess my password but easier for me to remember it ^-^

2Cool4Mewtwo
August 3rd, 2011, 08:07 AM
My password is...

Mewtwoisthebestpokemonbutimbetter9999999 (see spoiler to see if it's real)
Nah. Just kidding. You crazy? I wouldn't give out my password!!!

I have about 7 passwords that I use for each different site, though sometimes I use the same for certain websites if I run out of ideas. (though they have to be totally unrelated)

And I NEVER share those 7-or-so passwords with ANY website (unless with situation above). In one gaming forum (No, I'm not going to say any names), there was someone who tried to hack into all of our accounts by creating another "game" that he made, which turned out to be a bait that would store the data that we entered into that website. Thank heavens most of us used different password... though some that used exact same username and password got screwed over.

Mew~
August 3rd, 2011, 08:09 AM
I don't really bother using a Pin for anything like my phone. But for accounts n' stuff I have around 2 different passwords I use with things, it's really the first one that comes into my head whilst setting it out of the two, but I've never forgotten then at all, I'm just so used to using them, and typing them when I always sign in - it's just so automatic.

I tend to use words rather than numbers, since then I think it would be harder to remember.

Domo Genesis
August 3rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
I usually use Japanese words or characters as my passwords for almost anything. Well, except for school-related things.

Alice
August 3rd, 2011, 08:16 AM
I have a handful of different passwords. Two for things that aren't all that important, two for things that require a credit card, one for my email, and one for youtube.

Owl
August 3rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
Usually for forums I have one main password, but for everything else I tend to change up my password. Usually it's just two main passwords because then I tend to get them mixed up :x

Raizhu
August 3rd, 2011, 12:28 PM
I use different passwords for everything, just in case. However, they usually have one thing in common.

Gold warehouse
August 3rd, 2011, 12:38 PM
I only have passwords for online forums and things, and I use the same password for everything. It's the name of my secret alter ego, so I can never forget it, and only one person knows about it. Also combined with numbers that are meaningful to me.

I've shared my global password with three people in the past, and nothing bad has ever happened from it.

groteske
August 3rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
Two quick passwords for internet stuff.

1 BIOS password that's not even a word. Two passwords - one in Finnish; one, German - for each OS on my computer; one for root and one for standard user, switched for each OS. Anyone trusted who needed my computer for a second has never been able to remember either, no matter how many times I spelled it out.
(obviously growing up I was more worried about Little Brother than remote attacks)

G.U.Y.
August 3rd, 2011, 01:25 PM
I use one password for everything. Here is an example of what my password looks like:

do@#Od9dk1_)2Oe0#dl1@#$DLJKFvxo1030

So if you're able to crack my password, you deserve a medal. And obviously that's not where close to my actual password. :|

Sire
August 3rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
Well, my passwords consists of a word, and I basically use it and variations of the word. So I basically use the same passwords for everything.

How I decided on this word, I can't even remember.

Oryx
August 3rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
Until a little while back, I pretty much used the same 6-character, no capitalization, completely simple to guess password. It was the first password I ever had, back when my mom set up my AOL account. No, it wasn't my name, lol. But anyone who knew me would be able to guess after a few tries I bet. Now I still use the same password, but with capitalization and numbers in it.

My school requires us to change our passwords like twice a year and it's obnoxious because we can't use one we've used before, and I only have so many passwords. I've taken to just switching the capitalization and that's it, so I don't forget it, lol.

Gymnotide
August 3rd, 2011, 03:50 PM
I have 80 different passwords, none of which are in any databases other than my memory.

Sterling
August 3rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
I have a bazillion passwords. I have one for each site that I go to. PC has its own password, while another forum I go to has a different password, and Facebook has a different password...you get what I mean. :P

I do this to prevent someone from hacking into my accounts. >:D

Exile
August 3rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
I used to use one password for all accounts on websites, and I thought since it was so obvious, no one would guess, it but I recently changed it as a precaution. I'm certainly confident no one could get this, because it's literally just a random word/cluster of words that I made up. I just use my name or a sport and then some numbers for passwords of irl related stuff.

Cherrim
August 3rd, 2011, 04:31 PM
I have a standard password that I use for most places that's not super secure, but isn't really insecure either. It's my default go-to password and if an account becomes important, I'll change it to something better. After that, I have a typical "secure" password of a random string of alphanumeric characters that I add numbers to whenever I need a longer password. I use variations of this for my email, bank, paypal, etc.

....and then there's my PC password which is the strongest and most secure of all because I'm really lame. ._.; And never have to type it so it rarely matters that it's so long.

Ayselipera
August 3rd, 2011, 06:11 PM
I only have passwords for online things and I only have two. One is my password that I have never told a soul about which I created years ago and now use for just about everything. The other password is one that I use when I'm sharing something online with someone else. Such as letting them use my account and whatnot.

BlooMilk C.
August 3rd, 2011, 08:22 PM
ANDY, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING IN THAT CHANNEL?

I have way too many passwords. Only a few come tomind right now. My email password, my IRC password, and my Twitter password. Sometimes I use the same password, but I try to change it a little bit. My secret questions are ridiculous, though, so I try to write them down. Also, I've never let a password slip. I've been close, but I haven't told anyone.

PlatinumDude
August 4th, 2011, 01:50 AM
I have 6 different passwords for me to use in my online accounts. I don't really vary my passwords because if I put in too much passwords, then I might end up forgetting at least 1 or 2 of them.

Captain Fabio
August 4th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Out of the people who have given fake passwords, how many people have tried them! xD

I have a couple of different passwords for different things and some range in different languages. For example, one site can have a Japanese password, while the other could have French; pretty safe! :3

The Corrupt Plague
August 4th, 2011, 04:13 AM
I have different passwords for different sites. I never use the same one twice and they are so complex that they would just be plain impossible to remember. They are generated and saved in a Keepass database file and I have two copies with one on this computer and another on a flash drive. An example of one: 3Hl5sg61vlonspt7syh1. Yes, this was real but don't even bother using it now because the site died long ago and so did the account that was associated with it.

Chiar
August 4th, 2011, 06:08 AM
I have one very, very random password I use for everything because I easily forget things.

Forever
August 4th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Answering my own question ;3

tbh I use a certain password for email etc, which has half intertwined eventually into other things, and I use sorta the same password for irc and PC but both are altered and complicated and un-guessable, and I use really simple passwords for things like uni and PO or at least simple to me.

I rarely change my password tbh, but like, in the past it was really really really simple, then I realised it'd probably be best if I changed it, sooo I did, and then added on more, and then remade it completely recently cause I accidentally leaked my different irc password to irc by typing fail, luckily at the time it was completely different to my PC one. :) What's worse is that everyone laughed at my password too!

As for irl, it's really easy for me to remember my passwords for two things, both related to the bank, yet for like anything else I wouldn't have a clue lool.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 5th, 2011, 01:08 AM
I have about four currently used passwords, with three of them being similar, only some have extra characters and capitalization that the others don't. I find it hard to memorize a whole bunch of passwords, so basing them all upon a common one works for me without having them completely identical.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 11th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Each website that I am one is different passwords as well as thing that i use in real life so I have like over 10 different passwords to remember for each website

:t354:TG

mameshiba
August 11th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I have 3 passwords, They are all easy to remember and simple.