PDA

View Full Version : Taboo subjects

Gold warehouse
August 4th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Are there any taboo subjects that you wish people were more open about discussing in a casual context?

Of if you're more of a traditionalist, are there any subjects that aren't taboo, but you wish they were?

Patatas Fritas
August 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Personally I think most taboo subjects should be untaboo'd and be discussed more casually.
A big one for me is transgender issues. Well, LGBT stuff in general because even now it's just not something that gets talked about properly and that should change.

Then again I think plenty of more taboo things should stay taboo... But I wont give any examples because I cant remember which but I know I do ;;

Avey
August 4th, 2011, 02:53 PM
to be completely honest i talk about anything with a group of friends i have irl. but online the usual forum rules prohibiting people from talking about certain things are good stuff, mostly because 99.9% of the people online (ie if you're not me) are idiots and don't know the first thing about these 'taboo subjects' yet have to discuss them anyway to show how knowledgeable and wise and mature they are!

Cassino
August 5th, 2011, 04:23 AM
I feel that menstruation should be more willingly discussed, particularly with males.

Conversely, I worry that Western culture is becoming over-sexualised, but I wouldn't have sex made taboo.

Mew~
August 5th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Are there any taboo subjects that you wish people were more open about discussing in a casual context?
Sex is all I can really think of at the moment. But yeah... >.<

Of if you're more of a traditionalist, are there any subjects that aren't taboo, but you wish they were?
Taboo language should stay Taboo. Yes I'm looking at you.

Esper
August 5th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I wish being pigheaded were taboo and we as a society could discuss things as an actual discussion rather than two sides with talking points who don't actually listen to each other.

I also think that transgender and other identity issues should be talked about more. (And of course when I mean "talked about" I mean just that and not people feeling emboldened to spew hatred.) I think we should be more open to talking about sexuality as well, but respectfully and tastefully like you would if you had a class on it in school.

Ayselipera
August 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Really anything that is considered taboo I wouldn't mind being more easily discussed. Overall though I wish anything and everything sexual was an easier topic to talk about.

Naruto Uzumaki
August 8th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Really anything that is considered taboo I wouldn't mind being more easily discussed. Overall though I wish anything and everything sexual was an easier topic to talk about.
Basically this, I'm not really a person that shies away from any type of conversation topic, so I'm open about mostly everything.

Katholic Nun
August 8th, 2011, 06:53 AM
I think there should be nothing off the table. People are so scared of offending others that it turns these things into bigger deals than they ever needed to be. Sex, sexuality, periods, religion, sexual abuse, domestic violence, drugs.... bring it all out and stop pretending it doesn't exist.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 9th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Body modifications. I find it interesting how people will do whatever they can just so they can make their bodies look completely different from others whether if its their personal choice or if they do it because its part of their tribe which will be mandated to do so

Violence, alchol and Drugs the reason why is pretty much what Shining Raichu said

:t354:TG