PDA

View Full Version : How easily offended are you?

Anders
August 4th, 2011, 01:36 PM
If you had to gauge it out of 1 to 10, with 10 being very easily offended.

Patatas Fritas
August 4th, 2011, 01:41 PM

I'm very easily offended, but on the other hand I'm not offended by every little thing. When I get offended you can tell because I'm not one to hide the fact that someone just offended me.

shenanigans
August 4th, 2011, 01:43 PM
1 or 2, probably. I'm really not an easy person to offend. If I know that someone is trying too offend me then I'll simply disregard it; they're making an attempt to upset me and I'm neither going to listen to what they're saying nor give them the satisfaction. And if someone said something offensive without meaning to, then why even bother being offended? It wasn't intended and probably slipped out before any real thought was put into it so I just shrug it off and move on.

I can generally be offended only by people trying to pull fun at my expense, by telling an offensive or rude joke which they knew I'd take personally, for example. I spoke briefly about something like that in a blog entry I posted once, although with no real specifics or detail. But I think it describes pretty well when I believe someone has made a joke one level too far and offended me with it. linky (http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=11246). It's ironic really, I actually say in that blog post that you probably shouldn't be offended but it's hard not to be (for me anyway) when someone does something like that. *shrug*

Domo Genesis
August 4th, 2011, 01:45 PM
1 for me. I just really care about what people have to say.

Alice
August 4th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Eh, I really don't get offended at all, but I can really take insults to heart at times, if you say the right thing, and dwell on them.

So, I suppose like 3 or 4.

Hybrid Trainer
August 4th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I guess i'd say i'm a 6-7
I'm not usually offended but if you say the right thing when im the right mood then i'll probably never speak to you again.

Perrie ✿
August 4th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Probably a 7. Depending on my mood, that can either rise or fall.

Ieyasu
August 4th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Maybe a 7 or 8. I can get offended easily, but I almost always let it go unless it was a big and deliberate insult, in which case I won't forget it. E v e r. XD

Avey
August 4th, 2011, 02:50 PM
1. i'm very laidback towards everything. i do get easily ANNOYED though.

miju-kun
August 4th, 2011, 04:42 PM
8-9. I'm easily offended. I always get offended, and I swear to take my revenge ></.

TJgamer
August 4th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I'd be at maybe 3.
Not to say I don't care about anything. I just tend to ignore other people's comments.
I do get annoyed here and there sometimes though.

2Cool4Mewtwo
August 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM
On the internet definitely 0 (not offended at all), because I've literally dealt with thousands of trolls online and I just know pretty much all their "tactics." (Even if they are serious, I know how to react in those cases)

In real life, however, probably 2. I'm still not offended much, but if someone is blatantly ignorant or making fun of me in certain ways that I know I'd get offended, then I'd be mad.

Kevin
August 4th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I would say in real life I'd be a 6.5; but I will always hurt people in return for offending me.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 4th, 2011, 10:06 PM
5, sometimes I get offended easily and sometimes I don't. :v

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 4th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Around a 7. I can brush most things off with ease, but some things really get under my skin, and when that happens, and friendship that may have been formed between me and the offending party will be considered null and void. Personal insults particularly offend me, especially when they're made behind my back.

PlatinumDude
August 5th, 2011, 01:03 AM
I'm more of an 8.5. I get offended up to the point where I take jokes seriously most of the time.

Boomburst
August 5th, 2011, 01:43 AM
I usually take jokes very seriously - no to mention I get offended when there is any kind of racism/sexism. I'd say I'm a 10.

Ayselipera
August 5th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I guess a 2 - 3. I tend to get offended at the tone of what is said and not at what is actually being said and that's rare to begin with.

groteske
August 5th, 2011, 05:13 PM
1. Only the most intimate of attacks offends me. Anything else.. DGAF

Sire
August 5th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Probably 4-6. I'm not one of the people that gets easily offended. I mean, I'm Jewish, I get people make fun of us, so I don't really mind it. I only get offended when there's things that pisses me off (for example, the Holocaust) and where people are trying to make a joke about it or acting like their a Nazi.

I mean, it's a tragedy, why joke over it?

Captain Hobo.
August 5th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I think it is a 5 for me because sometimes I get offended easy and sometimes I don't get offended at all.

Pwnyta Jockey
August 5th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Attempting to offend me just gets my attention. Will usually fail.
Early grade school had a few 'bully' types that verbally teased me. Enough so that that sort of thing just has me "Meh..."

Am embarassed too easy for my liking.

Esper
August 6th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I'm not easily offended, but I am aware of what's offensive and I don't like people being offensive. I can still be hurt. Hurtful things are always hurtful because of the intentions behind them. So while you can call me a name that I've heard before and won't personally be offended by, I'll still feel the hurt you've tried to cause me.

So, I dunno, maybe that does make me easily offended.

Harley Quinn
August 6th, 2011, 05:14 PM
2/10
It takes a lot to offend me, and it has to come from someone I care about a lot. Otherwise, I'm a pretty chill person.

Owl
August 8th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I hate to say I'm a god 7-8 on the scale. Wish I wasn't tho. I'm trying to change it.

Mazen
August 8th, 2011, 06:56 AM
There are few things that offend and few others that I don't care about --so basically, half the mark (5/10).

King Goodra
August 8th, 2011, 08:02 AM
On a typical day, I'm not very easily offended. I wouldn't know what to rate myself on the scale, though. I imagine it'd be at most a 5. There are days where I can take offense to the simplest things, but those days are rare and aren't typical of me. Most of the things some people find offensive, I don't think are a big deal. Like cursing, for one.

Numbers
August 8th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Ehh, let's say 5. Because I'm not easily offended until someone says something about either my country or my family.

Melody
August 8th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I'm pretty lax when it comes to being "offended". It takes a few strikes to actually offend me but once you do, you're in for it.

Typically I'm about 4/10 because it takes several really offensive attempts to get me riled. Once I have been riled up though it jumps to 7/10, because after that point I'm not going to tolerate any BS.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 8th, 2011, 09:43 AM
it depends on the person, if its a person that I can't stand and they say somethng that offends me then its a 10, if its someone that I am cool with, its more like a 1 to 2.

:t354:TG

Mr Cat Dog
August 9th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Offence is such a nebulous concept. For the most part, topics and subjects that are thought of as offensive I tend to find funny. If I had to put a number on it, it would probably be about 1 or 2. If I get angry about something, normally it's because the topic in question hasn't been with properly, but not because of the 'offensiveness' of the topic in question.

Ascaris
August 9th, 2011, 08:31 AM
1. i'm very laidback towards everything. i do get easily ANNOYED though.

pretty much this. its hard to outright offend me but i do get ticked off quite a bit.