PDA

View Full Version : I listen to everything!

Gold warehouse
August 4th, 2011, 07:23 PM
A favourite song thread (albums as well if you prefer those) with a twist. You have to try and include as many genres as possible. So favourite hip-hop song, metal, jazz and so on for as many genres as you know and like. Or if you're a big metal/hip-hop/whatever fan throw in all the sub-genres. Explain why you like them if you want (even if nobody else does, I will read it!) but you don't have to.

keoni
August 4th, 2011, 09:24 PM
My Damnation - Chelsea Grin (album) (I just like the build-up to the last song which is my favorite/the songs get progressivly better.)
The Flood - Of Mice & Men (album) (Entire song gave me an orgasm.)
Blackendwhite - Mellowhype (album) (It includes many of the members of OFWGKTADGAF)
Civil Twilight - Civil Twilight (album) (Very relaxing and soothing.)
Kingdoms - Broadway (album) (I think this is more towards pop, but ignore this if it isn't.) (Beautiful vocals.)
Haru Haru - Big Bang (song) (Made me cry when I heard it the first time.)
My Way - Frank Sinatra (song) (Absolutely stunning.)

I think that's all I can think of at the moment... I used to listen to more stuff, but I've kinda narrowed it down, because some things just kinda didn't seem as good as they used to.

Esper
August 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I picked the genres somewhat arbitrarily so I could include two artists I like even though they'd probably be under the same genre. Too hard to choose individual songs so here are some albums.

Art Rock: Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

This album has a lot of pop-ish songs on it that are hard not to love for the lyrics and the stories the create.

Dream Pop: Bat for Lashes - Two Suns

I don't know how to explain why I like this one so much. I just like her voice and how she uses it.

Electronica: Imogen Heap - Ellipse

One of my favorite albums ever. Super creative, entertaining, accessible, meaningful, music and lyrics and performance.

Folk Rock: Cat Stevens - Teaser and the Firecat

Peace Train and Moonshadow are on this album.

Glam Rock: David Bowie - Station to Station

You already know why this is a great album.

J-pop: Maaya Sakamoto - Kazeyomi

Some catchy songs, some sadder songs, and all of them are so pleasant to listen to.

J-rock: Sakanaction - kikUUiki

It's got an electronic edge that's a lot of fun.

Post-Rock: Sigur Rós - Takk...

Very dramatic. Listening to it is liking being in a movie.

Progressive Rock: Camel - The Snow Goose

It's just good.

Shibuya-kei: Capsule - L.D.K. Lounge Designers Killer

Fun. Happy. Dance-y.