PDA

View Full Version : Imma try make a Hack, Help?

orangemichael
August 6th, 2011, 01:00 AM
I joined awhile ago only to get Pokemon Crono and Eruption. And I want me to make one, I probably would need help with a ROM base for Ruby. And I would want some feedback when I start posting stuff. Oh, and I don't need to know where to get all the hacking tools, I got it from a Hacking Resource Thread. I saw some ROM bases but the link is broken or someting. Thanks for visiting my Thread, and share your thought in this thread.

U.Flame
August 6th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Well, one thing I have to say about making a hack is, don't do it for fun, don't do it for the sake of others, make one for yourself, and share it. Story is also very important, I suggest you come up with something by yourself, no generic evil team story, but a genuine story that comes from your soul. I think of hacking as something to take seriously, and something you must stay dedicated to. You can recruit help, but you must learn to do as much as you can and don't overestimate any features, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. And lastly, I don't think you should make a thread until you have a beta. Feel free to recruit a team, but make sure you don't let others control your hack. Make it for your own sake.

JinRazielGames
August 6th, 2011, 02:57 AM
I'll lend you a hand. IF YOU SAY HI OR HELLO.
You just jumped conclusions into hacks. I'm good in mapping, spriting, and learning bout' music.
Hi! Welcome to PC!
Lolzors.

Meganium
August 6th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Well, here's what I think about this thread: It's not an introduction. If you're looking for ROM hacking help, the best place for you to go is the Emulation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156) board. There's a Simple Questions thread that may give you the answers to all of your questions. Also, the forum has a Beginner's Lounge for members who are completely new to hacking, and would like to start with the basics.

Though U_Flame has given some good advice about hacking...

Hope this helps what you're trying to look for. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM myself or my parther. I will need to close this thread since again, it's not an intro.

Locked.~