PDA

View Full Version : Riots in Tottenham, North London.

Captain Fabio
August 6th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I am bloody disgusted over this and think all of the people involved in the violence don't deserve their human rights.

If you don't know what has been happening, over the past few hours:
"Two police cars, a bus and a shop have been set on fire in north London following a protest over the fatal shooting of a young father by police."

The people who are now burning down buildings, looting shops and INNOCENT PEOPLES HOUSES and attacking news reports are scum.
Sorry for the strong feelings and words, but that is how I feel and there is nothing I hate more than idiots jumping on a innocent protest to cause violence and crime.

What are your thoughts on this?

Dixie Kong
August 6th, 2011, 05:56 PM
It's saddening that people can be this violent, really. My prayers go out to the victims of the riots in Tottenham.

Ultraviolence
August 6th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I share your disgust. They are doing more harm then good; my prayers are also with the victims.

Hybrid Trainer
August 6th, 2011, 06:11 PM
So their protesting about violence, by using more severe violence? o.o
Seriously what is wrong with these people!? send them back to school or something ¬.¬

Captain Fabio
August 6th, 2011, 06:12 PM
There have been reports of supermarkets being burnt down, retail stores being looted and people running back and forth from them, innocent peoples houses broken in and robbed while they are in bed and it is just disgusting.

bobandbill
August 6th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Well damn. My condolances to the victims of the riot - but what were the circumstances with the shooting by police in the first place to spark such an event in the first place?

Anders
August 6th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Maybe next time they won't shoot a young father.

shenanigans
August 6th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I'm absolutely terrified. A very close friend of mine is likely involved in these and regardless of that, this area of Tottenham specifically is very close to my heart. It seems to be only getting worse with the rumours of the Army now getting involved too, although I don't know if there is any truth in this.

2Cool4Mewtwo
August 6th, 2011, 07:21 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/205860_2030129826239_1033902545_31886265_665300_n.jpg
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg741/scaled.php?tn=0&server=741&filename=zq8dy.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
Seems like a really serious news, and it is. It's my home country as well... (not from London though)

Condolences to those involved in the accident.

Gold warehouse
August 6th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Apparently the man that was shot pulled out a gun on the police and opened fire himself. Although nothing has been confirmed. I find it unlikely the police would shoot him unless he was armed.

As usual, our citizens are stupendous at showcasing their intelligence.

G.U.Y.
August 6th, 2011, 07:22 PM
At least it's not Vancouver rioting over a lost hockey game.

Hopefully everything ends well..

Bluerang1
August 6th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Urgh I miss London and Sky News x) They need to report more here, or I watch the wrong news.

They did this with the Uni tuition increasement thing. It just makes the innocent look bad and makes the message irrelevant.

TRIFORCE89
August 6th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Idiots, trouble makers, spoiled brats, and anarchists.

There is an annoying trend lately where these people are hijacking what should be 'peaceful' protests.

Kylie-chan
August 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Maybe next time they won't shoot a young father.

While I do not agree with what the police do on certain occasions, and am hardly inclined to defend them, it's basically terrorism to commit such acts of violence on innocents (y'know, innocents like the man the police shot) in order to frighten authority figures out of doing their job. I don't know anything about the shooting of the innocent so I'm not going to comment on that, but it doesn't change the fact that this is uncalled for and wrong, and the first wrong that was committed (the shooting) doesn't at all justify these people ruining others' livelihoods. I think it is more likely, however, that some of these people are latching onto a civilised protest in order to cause chaos.

Anders
August 6th, 2011, 10:04 PM
While I do not agree with what the police do on certain occasions, and am hardly inclined to defend them, it's basically terrorism to commit such acts of violence on innocents (y'know, innocents like the man the police shot) in order to frighten authority figures out of doing their job. I don't know anything about the shooting of the innocent so I'm not going to comment on that, but it doesn't change the fact that this is uncalled for and wrong, and the first wrong that was committed (the shooting) doesn't at all justify these people ruining others' livelihoods. I think it is more likely, however, that some of these people are latching onto a civilised protest in order to cause chaos.

Don't worry about it sweetheart it. I feel awful.

Went
August 7th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I saw it when I checked The Observer this morning... wow. I agree with Kylie, this is terrorism. There are other ways to get a policeman to pay for what they have done other than burning everything around you.

Two police cars, a bus and ­several shops were attacked and set ablaze in north London on Saturday night as violence and looting erupted following a protest demanding "justice" over a fatal police shooting.

Officers on horseback and others in riot gear clashed with hundreds of ­rioters armed with makeshift missiles in the centre of Tottenham after Mark Duggan, 29, a father of four, was killed on Thursday.

On Sunday morning police said there remained isolated incidents in the Tottenham area involving "a small number of people" and officers were still dealing with those situations. Eight officers were being treated in hospital, one with head injuries, following the violence overnight.

The London Fire Brigade said all fires were now "under control" after trouble spread overnight from Tottenham High Road to Tottenham Hale Retail Park and a supermarket was set on fire.

On Saturday night, rioters broke through police ranks and attempted to storm Tottenham's police station, pelting officers with bricks, bottles and eggs. As a police helicopter flew over Tottenham High Road, youths in masks and hoods added combustible material to two burned out police cars, included a bundle of documents and an awning ripped down from one of the shops. Some attempted to persuade the rioters to disperse, one young man shouting: "Go home now people."

But others filled bottles with petrol to throw at the police lines. Many lined up with makeshift weapons including metal bars and baseball bats to confront the line of police, but others seemed more interested in looting. At one stage a safe was dragged out of a book­makers, while others were seen with a television set and an electric guitar. Several arrived with shopping trollies to take away what they had stolen.

"It wasn't like this before," said one woman standing close to one of the two burned-out police cars. "It started out as a peaceful demonstration. The police shot a guy here last week and they lied about what happened. They said he pulled a gun but he wouldn't have done that with armed police. They shot him so badly that his mother could not recognise him."

A Metropolitan police spokesman said the trouble began when missiles were thrown at parked patrol cars at 8.30pm. He said one was pushed, blazing, into the middle of Tottenham High Road. Neither of the two officers who had been driving the cars was injured.

As violence spread, a double-decker bus was set upon. Witnesses said the vehicle exploded in flames after attackers threw homemade bombs through its windows. Nearby shops were also set ablaze.

Most of the crowd consisted of onlookers, who jeered at police vans as they arrived. There were chants of "we want answers" and "whose streets? Our streets".

Officers from the Territorial Support Group charged at rioters and attempted to block off side streets. Riot police, some with dogs, shepherded people away.

Police on horseback also attended the scene, along with reinforcements from the City of London police. A police helicopter hovered above.

Hails of bottles and bricks were intermittently thrown at police from side streets as reinforcements arrived. Rioters also aimed fireworks at police. At one stage, four firework rockets were shot at a line of horses, prompting a charge and a nearby crowd to disperse in panic.

Hundreds of residents gathered to watch the unrest and there several were reports of attacks on bystanders. At one point rioters were seen beating up a man attempting to take film footage of the scene.

Local resident David Akinsanya, 46, said several shop windows had been smashed. "It's really bad," he said. "There are two police cars on fire. I'm feeling unsafe. It looks like it's going to get very tasty. I saw a guy getting attacked." Maria Robinson, another resident, told the BBC: "The police seem very frightened at the moment, people are unstoppable. They've broken into various businesses, jewellery shops, bookies, it's absolutely crazy. They've beaten up a man for talking to the fire brigade."

Attempts by police to gain some control succeeded by 11.30pm, as they cleared an area of the street with the worst fires, allowing two fire engines onto the street.

Twitter was abuzz on Saturday night with messages of support and condemnation.

A police source said acting Met police commissioner, Tim Godwin, was being kept informed of events.

Met police commander Stephen Watson said the situation was "complex and dynamic". He told Sky News the setting up of the Gold command structure earlier in the evening – a response to major public order events - was a routine contingency plan.

Although the police were aware of increased tensions in the area since the death of Duggan, Watson said they had no warning that a riot would break out.

Police were unable to confirm whether the violence was connected to outrage over the death of Duggan, 29, who was shot in a police anti-firearms operation in Tottenham.

The violence broke out at dusk after about 120 people marched on Tottenham police station to express anger over the death of Duggan. The protesters had begun their march in the Broadwater Farm area, the scene of riots in 1985 in which a police constable, Keith Blakelock, was killed by attackers wielding knives and machetes.

A family friend of Duggan, who gave her name as Nikki, said that the dead man's friends and relatives had organised the protest to demand "justice for the family".

"They're making their presence known because people are not happy," she said. "This guy was not violent. Yes, he was involved in things, but he was not an aggressive person."

It was revealed on Saturday that ­Duggan had been shot in an exchange of fire after the police's Trident unit, which deals with gun crime, stopped the vehicle he was travelling in. A police officer was said to have escaped injury in the shootout when a bullet lodged in his radio.

Mayor Boris Johnson said where there were real concerns in the community it was right there was a proper investigation and that the IPCC was looking into Duggan's death. "The violence to property will do nothing to facilitate that investigation," the mayor said.

David Lammy, the local MP, called for calm on Saturday night, saying the community was anxious. The Independent Police Complaints Commission rushed out a statement in an attempt to appease the anger saying it is in close contact with the Duggan family and will have further meetings with them on Sunday.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/06/tottenham-riots-protesters-police

U.Flame
August 7th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I don't get it, they're pissed about someone innocent getting killed, so they respond by killing innocent people. Where's the logic in that?

Patatas Fritas
August 7th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Oh gosh, this is terrible. It shouldn't of happened, the fact it has is pathetic and it honestly upsets me that innocent people have had to go through this.

My heart is with everyone effected due to these riots.

shenanigans
August 7th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Still waiting for some more information to be released about general injuries, fatalities, etc. 26 police officers have been injured with 2 in hospital but no news as far as the public goes other than 42 arrested. Seen some new pictures of the aftermath including completely looted shops and burned buildings and it's really pretty awful for a supposedly 'peaceful' protest. Or at least, that's what political intelligence tells us according to one of the news stories I read.

Melody
August 7th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Idiots, trouble makers, spoiled brats, and anarchists.

There is an annoying trend lately where these people are hijacking what should be 'peaceful' protests.

Indeed. It's sickening that someone takes a peaceful protest and turns it into a crime spree. Much of the same happens online.

Now I can understand the rioters' anger with the situation. News agencies tend to misreport, make mistakes and omit pertinent details just to make the news worth tuning into. I believe that the rioters fell for that somehow.

But despite all that, it's absolutely NO reason to go on a crime spree. Protesting stops at picket signs, lines and nonviolent resistance and, sensibly, goes no further. I hope the original inciters of the riot get caught at least.

LightOfTruth
August 7th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Sky News is a bad example of a news channel that is owned by Murdoch so I wouldn't ever trust that channel :)

Boomburst
August 7th, 2011, 09:20 AM
My nan lives in North London, but fortunate she is quite far from Tottenham so she wasn't affected, In-fact I was visiting her for a fortnight. I'm at my mum's now so I wasn't affected at all.

Captain Fabio
August 8th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Sky News is a bad example of a news channel that is owned by Murdoch so I wouldn't ever trust that channel :)

What? What has that got to do with anything? Yes, they are staging these pictures and films to make us all scared.

Riots AGAIN in different parts of London and also, so far, small attacks in Birmingham and Leeds. Some of the youth today are thugs and idiots. I am shamed to be in the same age category as them.

Blue Nocturne
August 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I live about 10 minutes from Croydon, which is really going to hell. I could hear the riots earlier. Been quite lucky to not be affected at all really. It's been absolutely mad. I sympathies with the original reasons that sparked the riot, but this is explosive and, frankly, frightening.

Some of the youth today are thugs and idiots. I am shamed to be in the same age category as them.
On the contrary, my friend Sophie was in Croydon this afternoon when the Riots started to work up and posted some pictures to facebook, you'd be surprised how many of the rioters were much older.

Exile
August 8th, 2011, 02:07 PM
As Captain Fabio said, it's disgusting that the people involved had to resort to such a grandiose display of violence, instead of making peaceful protest. Hopefully everyone who was injured during the incident, ends up being all right.

Avey
August 8th, 2011, 02:44 PM
hahahahahahaha apparently they broke into london zoo and broke out a tiger, who is now roaming the streets. these guys have style

Bluerang1
August 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
It's ridiculous, it's now spreading to more area. Is it boredom or madness?!

Anders
August 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM
It's ridiculous, it's now spreading to more area. Is it boredom or madness?!

This never would have happened if the british had guns.

Avey
August 8th, 2011, 02:50 PM
errrrr the british DO have guns that's what started the conflict anders... remember, the young father shot dead YOU YOURSELF posted about

Anders
August 8th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah but are they supposed to have guns? I think if everybody had guns they could just shoot the bad guys.

DarkAlucard
August 8th, 2011, 02:55 PM
It's a real nonsense try to resolve violence with violence. It seems that we, the human race, haven't learned anything from our own history.

Nuke
August 8th, 2011, 03:16 PM
This is basically just mindless violence.

Most of the crime is barely related to the initial incident now especially the 'riots' in Birmingham.

What makes it worse is idiots like this... (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-Get-The-Riots-To-Liverpool/218343401551779)

Calamity
August 8th, 2011, 04:28 PM
It's a real nonsense try to resolve violence with violence. It seems that we, the human race, haven't learned anything from our own history.

That was a very powerful quote I've gotta' say. I'll defiantly remember that one! And as for the riot itself it's just snowballed into something totally uneeded, most people are using it as an excuse to rob stores it seems. Hardly a protest.

Blue
August 8th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I'm appauled, it's just disgraceful and unhuman to do such a thing.

It's spreading now and unfortunately it's in the city I live in near my area ;/

Gonna have trouble with the Olympics now.

Dixie Kong
August 8th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Gonna have trouble with the Olympics now.

That in mind, my uni's marching band is actually going to London to lead the New Year's Day parade. It blows my mind that these riots are going on there now and in December, we're leaving to go there. On Twitter, people were talking about them spreading into Liverpool and Birmingham. Just terrible, really.

Captain Fabio
August 8th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Awww, Rekky, you are so hardcore laughing about what is going on, go join them.

Riots spread to Bristol, Leeds and Birmingham. Great, it is in my own city now. A COBRA meeting is in effect in a few hours and I hope to God they allow force by the army; they won't be rioting long when stood infront of our British army.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
August 8th, 2011, 11:27 PM
seems like they will have to call the army...
from what I've read and seen in pics it's pure anarchy...some say they have a reason but I like much of you think they're just mindlessly robbing and destroying the great city of london and the other great cities in britain.
I hope it doesn't last any longer less alone december...

Went
August 8th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Yeah but are they supposed to have guns? I think if everybody had guns they could just shoot the bad guys.

And the bad guys would have it even easier to shot the good ones and cause even more trouble- I'd rather keep the guns for the police and all.

Also, best headline in the history of forever:

http://img.kiosko.net/2011/08/09/uk/daily_express.750.jpg

Captain Fabio
August 8th, 2011, 11:38 PM
seems like they will have to call the army...
from what I've read and seen in pics it's pure anarchy...some say they have a reason but I like much of you think they're just mindlessly robbing and destroying the great city of london and the other great cities in britain.
I hope it doesn't last any longer less alone december...

The government need to seriously get it under controll. Home Secretary, Theresa May is a pure idiot. She thinks we can handle this through normal policing methods; is she blind or plain deluded?

And the bad guys would have it even easier to shot the good ones and cause even more trouble- I'd rather keep the guns for the police and all.

Also, best headline in the history of forever:

http://img.kiosko.net/2011/08/09/uk/daily_express.750.jpg

Indeed, and I can think of better titles, but dont' think they can be publicly published.

Anders
August 9th, 2011, 12:10 AM

No way, dude. The rioters would have been like "you know, these guys might have guns, should I really break into their house and risk getting shot???"

The police are already under scrutiny but your average Joe would pop pop watching ----- drop all day.

R.K 9
August 9th, 2011, 12:24 AM
I honestly think these riots are stupid. the fact that people are actually joining in around other places in the UK is also really terrifying. they had better come to an end soon.
I just hope that no one around where I live starts to join in, although it's full of chavs so chances are they will. -.-

Mr Cat Dog
August 9th, 2011, 01:21 AM
I guess it'll put Brits in the mood for Rise of the Planet of the Apes coming out on Friday! [/tasteless]

Freedom Fighter N
August 9th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Why did the police stop at that guy? There are more people who need to be shot. Brainless morons.

2Cool4Mewtwo
August 9th, 2011, 08:18 AM
I really hope this riot doesn't spread to Manchester... I'm worried now.

Captain Fabio
August 9th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I really hope this riot doesn't spread to Manchester... I'm worried now.

Looks like Manchester has got it worse this evening so far. Fires, riots, cars turned over, shops smashed.

Oh dear, come on Manc's, I thought we were better than this.

shenanigans
August 9th, 2011, 11:10 AM
For God's sake this has gone too far. I can't even imagine how the family of the guy who, indirectly of course, started this is feeling. But it's hardly even anything to do with him anymore as much as it is a load of idiots going "YEAH LET'S STEAL EVERYTHING AND PISS OFF THE WHOLE OF OUR OWN COUNTRY!".

Random update for anyone who read my last two posts: the friend I mentioned got the living crap beaten out of him for taking a swing at someone he'd seen throwing a petrol bomb. What a world, huh.

Graceful
August 9th, 2011, 11:43 AM
On the same night as the Birmingham Riots (8/8/2011) there was a riot in Walsall, Staffordshire which is really around my area because I would say I'm only a few miles from Walsall, myself. Also, there's been violent activity in Wolverhampton, according to my sister who lives there and there's been more violent activity in Birmingham city centre.
I just thought you should know about these happenings >.< I just think it's completely stupid to be honest and I can't wait for it to be over.

Shadow_Angel
August 9th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I can't believe innocent people are being killed and buildings are being burned because of a stupid riot. It's ridiculous and so stupid. None of the innocent people that died deserved to...

LightOfTruth
August 9th, 2011, 12:08 PM
This is just stupid, The riots has to end now and the two idiot's David Cameron and Nick Clegg is turning a blind eye :(

David and Nick is just as bad as the rioters, You need parliament now not Thursday

Captain Fabio
August 9th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Major problems in Manchester, Birmingham and Wolverhampton tonight. I thought the Manc's were better than this, but apparently not.

Just had a moment of fear as my mum was in Manchester today and this evening shopping around the area it suddenly kicked off and she wasn't answering her phone for over an hour.
Turns out she was just getting out of there and driving back. Christ that scared me, since I am so far away. =[

This is just stupid, The riots has to end now and the two idiot's David Cameron and Nick Clegg is turning a blind eye :(

David and Nick is just as bad as the rioters, You need parliament now not Thursday

Uhhh, they aren't doing too much, but turning a blind eye is over-exaggerating.

LightOfTruth
August 9th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Have you seen how huge the discussions are on the other forums on this subject such as Digital Spy?

Its hard for me to keep up with them all, You read comments and agree with them even the worse of sites you don't go anywhere near. Its good to see the internet reunited :)

Graceful
August 9th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Well, it took David Cameron to actually come back when the Birmingham riots happened, but it's as if he didn't care for the others >.<

2Cool4Mewtwo
August 9th, 2011, 01:00 PM
This looks really bad. Hope my dad's okay... (http://www.pycsessions.com/2011/08/riots-in-manchester)

Hybrid Trainer
August 9th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Major problems in Manchester, Birmingham and Wolverhampton tonight. I thought the Manc's were better than this, but apparently not.
Really? xD am i thinking of the same manchester as you? x]/isfrommanchester

I saw the copy cat riots coming the second i heard that they were pulling police from all over the country. As soon as all the rioters heard that there was less police there they jumped at the chance.
Damn news isn't exactly helping is it? -.-

2Cool4Mewtwo
August 9th, 2011, 05:55 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg619/scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=dnyzpk.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
Damn, this looks bad.

It was only a matter of time before the riots got to Salford. At first I thought it'd only be a local news but it's spread nationwide.

I'm going to have to call my dad tomorrow to see if he's okay. (I hope he is)

Anders
August 9th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I just watched some of the videos. Don't hate me for being disappointed every time the crowd backed down..

Patatas Fritas
August 10th, 2011, 01:41 AM
This needs to stop. Now. What are they trying to acheive? They're destroying innocent peoples lives and people are dying! Is that what they want?

And then we've got idiots copying them all around the country. I'm just glad that all the family I have in the affected area's are okay (For now). I'm hoping it doesn't spread near me.

I must admit all of the people who are getting out and clearing up (In Manchester, London, and probably other places that haven't been shown on the news) are really inspiring, sure, they cant stop the riots but they can try and fix things. If I lived near any of those area's I'd be out there now cleaning up as well, it's sad though because they can clean up as much as they like, there will probably be more riots tonight and the next day they have to start all over again.

Overlord Drakow
August 10th, 2011, 07:48 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpphj7VAOu1r1qajlo1_500.png

Oh dear lol.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lppvxfY3ZG1r1qajlo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1313077057&Signature=0y3GioiLBuE7eBElDa56%2FEdHnIo%3D

Uhm.

http://www.viceland.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/368046249.jpg

You think you're cool but you're just a dumbass.

--------------------------------------------------

In regards to bringing in the British Army, I do not think it will happen. It would look bad for the 2012 Olympics (even though it already looks pretty damn bad ¬____¬).

mameshiba
August 11th, 2011, 07:36 AM
It's just opportunists taking advantage of the young people who don't know better by hyping all the bad qualities of the government.

Mew~
August 11th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Really? xD am i thinking of the same manchester as you? x]/isfrommanchester

Where have you been?
v/0cbVW_QS2eE

2Cool4Mewtwo
August 11th, 2011, 07:51 AM
My dad won't be going to job for a while... he's fine but if he can't make money, then it's a big trouble for our family. This really needs to stop now.

And title needs to be changed. It's not just Tottenham now, it's all over the ****ing country.

Åzurε
August 11th, 2011, 08:09 AM
So, I hear that the police are doing what little they can to contain the riots, waiting for them to "burn out". It is a shame when a person gets shot, but good heavens the threat is a powerful incentive to shut up and sit down. Overall though, I am saddened and infuriated at the behavior of these people. Now the floodgates are open and anybody who wanted to try their hand at criminal behavior is probably coming out of the woodwork.

Captain Fabio
August 11th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Am I the only one who thinks today and last night were the quietest nights for a few days.

I am just worried that they will do nothing for a while then the forces will start to thin, then it will kick off again.

Archer
August 11th, 2011, 08:37 AM
They need to deal with this in a harsh manner. Let the army intervene with tasers and tear gas and the like. Warn them so they have a chance to step down.

Even if the man shot was innocent, which is debatable, you deal with it properly - diplomatically.

It's the anti-authority mentality that sparks things like this.

I hope the innocent among you remain safe.

Mr Cat Dog
August 11th, 2011, 01:15 PM
In London, at least, it seems to have died down completely. It's the rest of the country that seems to be getting it hardest...

-ty-
August 11th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Peaceful protest is fine by all means, and violent protest is fine only under extreme circumstances, but this is just awful. There is no legitimacy behind these rioters "supposed" political reasoning. Someone said, "maybe they will not kill a young father next time." These people are using this man's death as an excuse to beat, kill, and steal from others. These people do not even care about that man, and they are not respecting the family's wishes to stop rioting. In countries like Egypt and Libya, violent protest are legitimate only because the government is exercising that same amount of violence toward the people, and oppressing their rights; furthermore, the Egyptian/Libyan rioters were not going up to innocent people and mugging them. These rioter are of a much different nature; their efforts are not to create peace within society, but rather, to create it.

hahahahahahaha apparently they broke into london zoo and broke out a tiger, who is now roaming the streets. these guys have style

This comment also is upsetting for obvious reasons. There really is not anything funny about this situation.

BareBones
August 11th, 2011, 05:30 PM
So I live near Birmingham. Specifically, Smethwick. About five/ten minutes away from my home three boys were killed. Innocent boys protecting their community and place of worship. They were run over and killed, on purpose.

The place over the road from my house was smashed by over 40 people armed with baseball bats.

The factories near my home were set on fire.

It's horrific, and it's terrifying. Nobody has the right to make innocent people too scared to go outside their own homes. I couldn't sleep because I was scared I would wake up and everything would be gone. People who owned local businesses lost their only way of putting food on the table.

These kids doing this are claiming that it's because they're treated unfairly, because they have no money or respect from authority. If you want respect you act in a respectful manner. If you want money you get a god damn job.

/endrant

It does seem to have calmed down now, which I am endlessly thankful for. But I'm still scared it will start again.