PDA

View Full Version : Do you cry at movies a lot?

Anders
August 7th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Not gonna lie, if I'm alone and it's even remotely sad I'll bawl my eyes out. I would never cry in front of anybody though, that's just not MANLY.

Oryx
August 7th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I cry at everythinggg, movies are no exception. I get so mad at my mom because all her favorites are sad movies, so I've learned to tune out whatever movie she puts on because I know it'll make me cry. Last movie I cried at was HP7 Part 2, I also cried both times I watched Toy Story 3 in public, and in assorted other movies. xD

psyanic
August 7th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I barely cry for movies. A lot of them are book adaptions and I tend to read the books first. And I find the books more emotional anyway.

Kyoko
August 7th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Nope. I always joke around that I'm a robot with no heart because it's so hard to get me to cry during movies. I don't know what it is, it may have something to do with the fact that i'm not a big movie person and I don't normally get into them, let alone emotionally invested.

Of course there are exceptions: I cried during Marley & Me primarily because I had lost my dog not too long before the movie came out D: it pulled my heart strings.

And then a few months ago I watched Titanic for the 80th time and I finally understood the ending and I cried and cried and cried for a good hour after the movie. My parents thought it was the funniest thing because the movie had ended right in time for dinner so i'm sitting there sobbing in between bites >_>

So under normal circumstances, no I do not cry at movies. But if you want to see one of the rare occassions where I cry at all, just play Marley & Me or Titanic.

Alli
August 7th, 2011, 08:58 PM
And then a few months ago I watched Titanic for the 80th time and I finally understood the ending and I cried and cried and cried for a good hour after the movie. My parents thought it was the funniest thing because the movie had ended right in time for dinner so i'm sitting there sobbing in between bites >_>

I'm sorry, I just laughed so hard. That movie scares me though.

Anyway, the most I do is tear up a bit, but I don't cry during movies...anymore.

Gold warehouse
August 7th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Nope, in fact it's just two. Schindler's List and Grave of the Fireflies. Sometimes I feel like it, but don't/can't.

Harley Quinn
August 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I CRIED IN SPIDERMAN 2 NO SHAME NO REGRETS

metalheadtomboy
August 7th, 2011, 09:19 PM
A sad movie like the diary of Anne Frank.

Ayselipera
August 7th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Only if it really touches me and combines with super sad music will I shed a tear. I don't think I've cried because of a movie in a really long time though. I remember I came pretty close after seeing Young Victoria, but besides that I think it's been quite a while!

2Cool4Mewtwo
August 7th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I never watch sad or scary movies, so no.

Patatas Fritas
August 8th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Hahaha. Yes. All the time, I cry at most movies. I practically drown when I watch Titanic for Heavens sake.

I remember, I was watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire the other day and started crying when Cedric died D:

PlatinumDude
August 8th, 2011, 01:36 AM
I never cry at movies ever. I don't really feel like a man when I do cry.

Talli
August 8th, 2011, 01:43 AM
I only cried once at a movie, that was in Toy Story 3

Avey
August 8th, 2011, 04:56 AM
i never cry at movies because i am a REAL MAN.

Fire Heart
August 8th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Oh, i always cry at movies, even when they are not sad. I am very emotional.

When i watched Bridge to Terabithia, i cried for days on end.

Kirozane
August 8th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Oh jeebus I do.... I cry easy. Super emotional... If you're supposed to cry... I can bet money on you finding me crying there.... And in other places where it isn't that necessary... But Toy Story three, HP7p2.... Oh man they got me!

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky got me real hard too... Ibeat that game so many times... Cried every time

Kevin
August 8th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Uh... No I don't cry at movies. D: If it's very (and I mean very) emotional, then I might tear up a little, but no crying.

jcsimpson
August 8th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Movies I've cried during:

The Green Mile
The fox and The Hound
The Return of The King
Life as a House
Bridge to Terrabithia
Edward Scissor Hans
Big Fish

Numbers
August 8th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Nah, never cried at a movie, but I've never actually cried since I was 8 so maybe that's the reason, haha. I did feel sad at the ending of The Green Mile, though. :(

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 8th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I would feel bad in the movie but I wouldn't cry because I know that its not true (unless if its based on a true story) but even if its based on a true story, I still would not cry.

:t354:TG

Anders
August 8th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Oh, i always cry at movies, even when they are not sad. I am very emotional.

When i watched Bridge to Terabithia, i cried for days on end.

sdfagfdasgsfdg

Bridge to Terabithia is the only book I would ever think about crying over. I didn't but I can feel you on that!

Owl
August 8th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Never cried at the movies. I don't think it's very 'manly' to cry at the movies. *puffs out chest* Now while watching movies at home, that's a completely different thing.

Houndour2005
August 8th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Some scenes in Alpha & Omega made me cry like the Love Train howl.

Cherrim
August 8th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I never used to, but now I cry at just about everything and movies are definitely no exception.

:( I cried at Toy Story 3 even before the title appeared.

Guy
August 8th, 2011, 03:15 PM
It's very hard to make me cry after watching a movie. I've only ever done it twice before, and I wouldn't even consider it crying. It was more of my eyes getting a bit teared up really. The two movies were Fireproof a couple of years ago and as of most recently Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II.

Sodom
August 8th, 2011, 04:29 PM
i never cry at movies because i am a REAL MAN.

One could argue that real men are secure enough in their masculinity to cry.

Anyway, I don't cry at movies often, but it has been known to happen. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Parts 1 and 2 both had me in tears, and outside of those the only example I can think of is Stepmom, which was about a mother dying of cancer. I'm sure there have been more though.

:( I cried at Toy Story 3 even before the title appeared.

Everybody tells me I need to see Toy Story 3, but everyone also says it made them cry! How is that a recommendation? Why would a person deliberately do that to themselves? :P

Pokemon♥girl
August 16th, 2011, 10:46 AM
i might have been close to crying one, but i really dont know.

I mean, i get teary-eyed if something is really touching but i dont think i ever really cried, ya know.

Camisado
August 16th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I clearly recall being in the cinema with about five friends, watching Marley & Me, and being pretty much the only person in the cinema that didn't cry at all during the movie. So, I don't really cry at films. I do get a bit blubby over the sentimental bits in Pokémon movies though!

BlooMilk C.
August 24th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I don't cry during movies very often, but it does happen. I almost cried during Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, and any movie where people who are dear to others die, I can't help but cry. It's just a thing, I guess. I can't really think of anything else right now, though, but I'm sure there are other movies.

mondays suck
August 25th, 2011, 05:47 AM
I only cry about my own problems - usually self-made and unnecessary ones such as "She doesn't love me http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/cry.gif".
So no.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 26th, 2011, 04:49 AM
No, I don't cry easily. And if it's a non-anime movie, it's gonna be some comedy or action flick with guns and car chases that wouldn't have any scenes to make anyone cry.

Mew~
August 26th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Not a lot.

I cried when Marley died.
I cried watching Snapes memories.
... bleh I'm too bored to list the endless list.

Rocket Grunt Cali
September 3rd, 2011, 11:42 AM
The only movies I've ever cried at are Edward Scissorhands, Lilo and Stitch (don't ask), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. However, I think I did enough bawling at that last one to make up for just about every other sad movie I've ever seen XDDD

Raizhu
September 3rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
I've never cried while watching a movie.