PDA

View Full Version : That don't impress me much.

Patchisou Yutohru
August 8th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Complete this sentence: First impressions are __________.
What's something someone can do to impress you, in any setting?
What's something they can do to completely ruin the impression they left on you?

shenanigans
August 8th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Complete this sentence: First impressions are very very very important to me. Not because they decide on whether or not I will talk to a person, but they decide how I will approach them if I'd like to be friends or whatever.

Generally it doesn't take much outside of good conversational skills to impress me. The ability to hold an enjoyable or insightful conversation shows that the person is interested in what I have to say and what they have to say, and this to me means that they're likely to be an interesting person on the whole. And that's one of the main things I look for; someone who I can find interesting and actually enjoy talking to. I don't care at all about how smart they are, how talented, how they look, etc. It's mostly rested on if I can be interested in a person and what they have to say.

So how can someone ruin an impression? By being the opposite tbh. One-word answers, no real expression or interest put into what they say, no real commitment to conversation. I just can't imagine getting on with these people very well; they strike me as neither interesting nor interested, two characteristics which I believe are both very important. Smoker? I don't mind. Drug user? I don't mind. Prison convict? I probably don't mind. Can't make basic conversation? 'fraid not. :x

Forever
August 8th, 2011, 08:20 AM
First impressions are not necessarily important. :x Mainly because there are certain people I didn't like ages ago but I like them now. I believe I can like most people, it just takes time.

Hmmmmm, having knowledge of things I do not tbh. I mean 'cause of my lack of knowledge I auto-assume they're an expert, lool. But really, if people are friendly and make the effort to get along with me, then yeah I'm impressed totally impressed easily.

Ruin an impression? Act hypocritical about everything or be really egotistical generally works...

Hybrid Trainer
August 8th, 2011, 08:22 AM
annnnd i now have that song in my head \o/

Complete this sentence: First impressions are kinda important to me, they determine if I'm willing to go out of my way to speak to you again.
Being a nice polite person who talks will do it for me x]
What's something they can do to completely ruin the impression they left on you?
"Oh, and i smoke crack every Tuesday night..."
Saying you do drugs regularly will pretty much set you back to square one for me.

Kevin
August 8th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Uhm.... First impressions... They mean something to me, but people could possibly change drastically, so my impression of a person could change then.

I don't really get the second question but they would do the opposite of what I thought of them before. (Does that make sense?)

Overlord Drakow
August 8th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Ruin an impression? Act hypocritical about everything or be really egotistical generally works...

OSNAP!

First impressions are pretty damn important son. Your opening move should be strong! Even though I am fairly certain I leave a bad first impression on most people I meet V_V

I am impressed with people who can make others laugh.

I am not impresed with people who are generally disrespectful or just simply being a douchebag.

Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
August 8th, 2011, 09:18 AM
So ya- got the looks, but have ya- got the touch? Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright. But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night.

First impressions are-

BWANG BWANG BWANG That don't impress me much. (uh, uh, uh~)

First impressions are fairly important. It sets the mood for your future relationship (no matter how brief) and sets initial opinions about you. But it becomes void the more you get to know the person personally.

What's something someone can do to impress you, in any setting? Be kind, full of energy, and just overall someone you could easily get along with and see as a future buddy. I like it when we instantly have fun in each other's presense.

What's something they can do to completely ruin the impression they left on you? Stupidity, prejudice, just basically moronic behavoir as a whole. And a weak personality; Someone who can't look you in the eyes is not someone I'm partial to liking.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 8th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Complete this sentence: First impressions are __________.
Everything according to most people and its like that for me too sometimes

They have to look cool for the most part by cool I mean they have to look similar to me

The way that they look and or sound

:t354:TG

Mew~
August 8th, 2011, 09:42 AM
First impressions are very important to me, if you seem like a person I won't like, I won't bother trying to talk to you.
Break Dance Um, well just be a cool person, a cool personality and pretty much not seem too irritating or vexatious.
Well, you could be the opposite.

Alli
August 8th, 2011, 09:43 AM
First impressions are important, but sometimes wrong. For example, your first impression of someone is based on looks, which may or may not incline you want to talk to that person. Now, first impressions while actually talking to that person, I find that more important. Looks unfortunately are the first thing we notice about someone, most of the time. They're not too accurate though.

Things that impress me about someone...I uhh, am not easily impressed by people to be honest. On the rare occasion someone does something that I find to be amazing, I have mad respect for them. But I'm really having trouble remembering anything I was impressed about.

Ruin the impression...well now, if I can't think of what impresses me, then I can't quite think of what would ruin it. Like Razor Leaf said, just doing the opposite and undoing what impressive thing that was done would ruin it for me. I wouldn't think so highly of that person anymore.

Melody
August 8th, 2011, 09:53 AM
First impressions mean diddly squat to me. How I perceive you at first encounter is padded with a 50% uncertainty matrix which allows for growth and expansion of perception.

The first words out of your mouth, do not matter unless they're invective, dirty with no sense of decency or insulting. Short of that it's really hard for any data collected on the first impression to negatively affect how I feel about you.

Typically I observe people from a distance anyway and silently so. Therefore my impressions of a person would be of them in their "natural state" usually among friends. If I get a feeling that is someone I'd like to try to get to know then that's what I'll do.

It is however true that if one appears to have gone to very great lengths to enhance their appearance, that it affects my judgement positively. Basic hygiene doesn't count, nor does hair unless it ties in as a coherent whole with the rest of your preparations. For guys, I can tell if you've done a lot of work on being fashionable or expressive with what you wear. This also applies to girls. For girls specifically who are typically the ones who usually wear makeup...I can greatly appreciate it if you appear to be wearing it with both moderation and artistic flare. So long as you didn't cake it on so deep that you can peel it off, you're usually fine.

Venusaur♣
August 8th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Complete this sentence: First impressions are everything.

Doing something that attracts my attention, usually saying something elaborate or talk about something that interests me.

Making a stupid comment, doing something stupid, etc.

tandyboy97
August 8th, 2011, 12:27 PM
complete this sentence: first impressions are important.

what's something someone can do to impress you in any setting? Magic, haha.

what's something they can do to completely ruin the impression they left on you?
be disrespectful to me or my family

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
August 8th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Complete this sentence: First impressions are of varying importance. It depends on what exactly that first impression was, and to what degree of positivity or negativity it was. If my first impression of them is only slightly negative then I'd probably give them a second chance.

Just act really smart and somewhat mature.

Being disrespectful or stupid. Or talk about me behind my back, because people do that to me a lot.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 8th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Complete this sentence:
First impressions are quite important, I wouldn't talk to someone if I don't like their first impression. o3o

Idk!

Being stupid and idiotic lol

Harley Quinn
August 8th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Complete this sentence: First impressions are not entirely crucial if you're going to see that person on a regular basis, but important if you're not going to see that person very often or ever again.

As selfish as this is, it helps if the person agrees with me a lot. Not like a yes man, but I'll definitely like the person more if i know we share a lot of common ground.

Listen to Justin Timberlake.

Sodom
August 8th, 2011, 09:23 PM
First impressions are not always correct, and I try to keep that in mind whenever I meet someone for the first time.

If someone is intelligent or funny or just generally fascinating as a person, that impresses me, but everybody is interesting in their own way and that's not always evident from the first meeting.

Making bigoted jokes or being needlessly harsh/sarcastic often ruins a first impression. It means you're trying too hard.

PlatinumDude
August 9th, 2011, 02:46 AM
First impressions are important to me because once I see how someone functions in society, then I know that I can approach that person.

Anything that leaves a good impression on me include good skills, good personality and good looks.

Anything that leaves a bad impression is dishonesty and the like.

Mr Cat Dog
August 9th, 2011, 08:57 AM
First impressions are ridiculously important to certain people, and are often - but not always - a good indicator of real personalities.

Livewire
August 9th, 2011, 09:05 AM
In a professional setting, yes they do. First impressions and appearance is everything. Now in a more laid back setting, it doesn't matter as much. If you're on a date with a gorgeous woman and you screw it up, there may yet be hope for you. If you're headed before a board of directors for a large corporate firm, and you screw that up, well good luck getting a job in the city again, haha.