PDA

View Full Version : If name changes were still around....

Naruto Uzumaki
August 10th, 2011, 02:58 PM
What would you change your username to?

For me, I'd probably go with something around Patronus or something similar.

EDIT: Extra credit questions from Hiiro!

Do you miss name changes now that they've been gone for so long?
Do you hope they return?
What was it about name changes that you enjoyed the most?

Patchisou Yutohru
August 10th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I would immediately change my name to Dominic without a second thought.

Chad -
August 10th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I just want to remove that dash, really.

Kevin
August 10th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Oh there are names I want to change it to but don't wanna say 'em someone's gonna steal it!, so yeah.

But yeah, I do want to change my username. Maybe rename myself Galestorm or something.

shenanigans
August 10th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I'm really happy with my username right now, but I think there are some others which would look good. Dirty Harry, in reference to the Gorillaz song is one of them. I also don't know why but Hella Jeff! (yes only in italics) also looks good, despite being a reference to probably one of the most hated things on the internet which probably no-one really knows off by heart.

Or just a straightforward real name. Harry would be my obvious first choice, and idk about other names really. I've seen Ethan as a username before and it looked quite good, as well as Austin and Matthew. Don't ask me why. I pick weird names.

Exile
August 10th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I'd most likely change my username to Caelum, although I'd probably get bored of it, since I've only currently started feelings the "Caelum Vibe", and I've had the same experience with other usernames, which I've gotten bored of.

Cassino
August 10th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I probably wouldn't change it. There was a period before name changes were discontinued that I could have changed mine within, and I didn't.

Ayselipera
August 10th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I've thought about it and the only names I could come up with was another made up name beginning with the letter "A" or my own name. Most likely though, if the opportunity arose again I would just stick with my current username. I'm a bit attached to it.

Mariah Carey
August 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I'm fine with my username as it is, but if it was a LIFE AND DEATH SITUATION and I HAD to change it, probably Sarah Palin or Christopher Robin (assuming those are available lol).

Sodom
August 10th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I'd be too scared to change my name for fear someone would steal this one. It is just that awesome, after all.

If I did change it, it would be to something either Harry Potter-related like "Piertotum Locomotor" or another of the more awesome-sounding spells; or something completely of my own fabrication, to do with no fandom whatsoever. No idea what that would be, but I'm sure some of the awesome names on this forum could provide me with inspiration.

zappyspiker
August 10th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't really change my name here... cause being Zappy is me xD Probably either Zcyler or Tripp which are my most common names apart from Zappy

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
August 10th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't want to change mine, it's pretty rad. Although if I had to, it'd probably be something uncreative and computer related, like Pascal or something.

Saryka
August 10th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I think I'd go back to Scarlet Lynn, since I'm not too keen about my current username. Scarlet Lynn has been my online alias for years, I've really become attached to it.

Forever
August 10th, 2011, 09:18 PM
http://i.imm.io/7THP.png

I would love this so much. Seriously, Herdier looks amazing in mod blue, so yeah I want that. :3

Nevermind I'd probably miss Forever too much and regret it a minute later.

Gold warehouse
August 10th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I've thought of a few name change ideas, but I'm not sure which one I'd use; at the moment my favourite is a portmanteau of chameleon and another word I can't decide on. I'd give it more thought at the time I guess. I would definitely change it though. I really don't like my current username.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 10th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Megurine Luka or Kagamine Rin :D Idk but I think my current username is still better XD

Moogles
August 10th, 2011, 10:08 PM
lol nah.

I'm known by the handle 'Moogles' everywhere I go. It would be ridiculous to hide it or to change it now. I'm still going about 3 years strong with it.

Axeliira
August 10th, 2011, 10:14 PM
There are a few names I'd would have gone for before I chose Meganium90. If name changes were in effect, then I would have gone for the following:

Meganium★ (stealing CharStar's idea xD)
Anistorm (now my alt account, and I've grown with this name since I was 15)
Shiny Meganium
Twilight Sparkle

Clearly I would have gone for Meganium★. I now wonder why did I even put the 90 in my username.

Anna
August 10th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Anna. Actually I'd likely go with EternallyAnna, seeing as how I'm using that most everywhere now. It says what I want it to- that I'm just me, now and forever. :>

Fire Heart
August 11th, 2011, 01:21 AM
I would go for 'Dragomir'. It is the last name of one of my favorite book characters 'Lissa Dragomir', the name has slightly grown on me.

PlatinumDude
August 11th, 2011, 01:33 AM
I wouldn't use the name change feature often if it came back, but if I could, I'd change my name to ChaosGallade just for kicks.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 11th, 2011, 05:11 AM
IT WENT AWAY?! oh darn because i was going to change my name to *Cofagrigus*

:t354:TG

Snow Phoenix
August 11th, 2011, 05:14 AM
I would change back to my original name. FrozenSnowman seems to have been the best name I've ever had <3

Galukxy
August 11th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Even though I like my current username
I would use one of my 3 Xat ID names: Serene, Tempest or Flawless.
Or I would even use Serene Tempest. I like those names~

Avey
August 11th, 2011, 06:09 AM
i despise my current username with a passion. would probably change it to somethin' cool... perhaps wake UP or something similar to that.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 11th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Something related to my OC, Lisa, even though that would likely cause more gender confusion on my part xD

Other than that, I really can't think of what I would change it to. I'm pretty satisfied with my current name, actually.

SV
August 11th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Yes, I would change it...and right away. I chose this name because I had it on a few other sites ever since I was 12, but it's always the same thing.

"Hey veg, your post was OVER 9000!"

"Vegeta, you have OVER 9000 posts!"

"Vegeta, I've told you already about (fill in the blank) OVER 9000 times!"

"Veg, your joke was OVER 9000 times funnier than mine!"

"Vegeta, your skillz in hacking are OVER 9000."

OK I get it, just please stop saying the joke! :P

If I could change my username, I'd change it to either "The Truth", "Gold Member", maybe "The Dude", or possibly "The Boulder"

Sydian
August 11th, 2011, 06:53 PM
If I could change my username, I probably wouldn't. But here would be my top three choices:

1. Seiphre
2. Askepios
3. Eriatarka

marz
August 11th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I would change my name back to Marz. I'm sick of this awful username.

LightOfTruth
August 12th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I would keep it as it is :D

Hiche..
August 12th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I would probably change it to my real name, Tamer. Or just remove the dots next to my current username.

Kyoko
August 12th, 2011, 04:06 PM
To prove I can in fact keep a username without changing it, I wouldn't change Kyoko. I love it too much and I've already had....around 9 usernames. Not even exaggerating.

But for the sake of the thread, if I had to change my username I would most likely change it to either Burberry (though that's probably taken) or Burberrysun.

miju-kun
August 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM
otakunyan just because.

Seriously, it sounds kawaii :3

King Gumball
August 16th, 2011, 09:51 PM
idk.... Most likely my GPX+ username: Virtual or maybe 'Endless' or kg

beca
August 16th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I'd keep mine the way it is -- it's my name xD

mondays suck
August 17th, 2011, 01:12 AM
I'm not really happy with my username but I can't think of anything I'd like better either. Maybe make it just "mondays".

Guy
September 7th, 2011, 05:59 AM
...Okay, so not really, but if they were, would you change your current username to something else? If so, then what? If not, then why?

Personally, I'd want to change my current username to Aerilyn (which just so happens to be an alternate account of mine). I've wanted it for awhile now, so I'd have no regret going from Hiiro to Aerilyn.

And just to give the thread a little flavor:

Do you hope they return?

Zorua
September 7th, 2011, 06:09 AM
I love the attention this thread is going to bring, lol.

In any case, I'm not quite sure if I want to change my name to anything. I've thought about it here and there, or maybe changing my name to Winter Rainfall(yay, another name that I completely made up out of nowhere), but idk. Twilight Sky just...kinda stuck with me, and I don't think I'll ever be changing this name even if name changes were to somehow come back.

Now for the other questions:

Of course! I remember when people used to match names and stuff like that, that's kind of what made name changes fun and pretty much one of the only things that made name changes memorable was the fact that at a lot of names were similar, were almost exactly like each other, or something like that. @__@ I kinda liked the matching names, to be honest.

Do you hope they return?

I wouldn't mind if they did, but like I said, I wouldn't personally be changing my name myself, really.

Already answered in first question lmao. :(

moments.
September 7th, 2011, 06:10 AM
I don't think I'd change. I settled on this name a while before the name changes actually stopped if my memory serves correctly, and I've sort of left a footprint in this name, so I'm content and happy to remain as is!

Not really, I missed them more when they were just taken away. I guess I just adjusted to it, accepted this was my permanent name so I don't really miss them at all!

Do you hope they return?
Honestly, I don't really care. If they came back, I wouldn't use them immediately, but I might want to sometime in the future. I know a lot of people want it, so I'll leans towards that for everyone else's sake. xP

Just that it was fresh and exciting to change your whole image so much. You can change your avatar, signature and profile, but the username changes made so much impact. Plus it was fun flaunting names we had made up! :D

Saryka
September 7th, 2011, 07:06 AM
I miss name changes so much. I found it kind of fun changing my identity every so often, even if it confused everybody else, haha. If they ever came back, I'd change back to Scarlet Lynn in a heartbeat.

Mr Cat Dog
September 7th, 2011, 07:44 AM
I've started my PC life as Mr Cat Dog and I'll probably end it as Mr Cat Dog too. If other people want to change their names, good for them, but I've always been happy with mine. If they did come back, I like the idea of being a regular 'event' so to speak... maybe one or two times for year. It's mainly because of the server stress, but also because people would just be changing left, right and everywhere and, for some people, I imagine it would be harder to keep track of. Also, having a fixed time discourages frivolous name changes, as members would be forced to have their name for a reasonable length of time, instead of, like, a day or so. [/two cents]

Sheep
September 7th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I miss 'em, really, but I only recently started becoming a more active poster so it didn't much affect me before.

Do you hope they return?
Yes! I have an old account from 2006 that I stopped using because I didn't want to keep that username. I'd love it if the feature could return so I could get its name changed.

Finding out who was who after they've changed their username, lol. I actually found that quite interesting and fun.

Esper
September 7th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I remember how confusing it was with new names appearing and others disappearing, especially when I was still new to the forum. I only got to experience a different name for a short while (I changed and then a month later they announced last-time-ever changes so I changed back) so I'm kinda used to this one. I think it would be fun to get a new one though I'd miss this one a little. I don't think I'd do it if it were an okay-once-more-but-this-is-really-the-last-time kind of thing.

No idea what I would change to. I think I still have a file somewhere on my computer of the names I thought about changing to back when so I would maybe take one of those.

Pyrax
September 7th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Meh, I'm alright with 'Pyrax' as my username. It's got a nice ring to it, it's also Volcarona's French name.

All but one of the forums I go to don't allow name changes, so I'm used to not having name changes available.

Do you hope they return?
Depends on how name changes or gonna be handled if they return.

Doppelgänger
September 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I've wanted a name change for awhile now, I have some options in mind. Anyways:

Yes, I really miss them. I've wanted to change my username for quite some time now.

Do you hope they return?

Yes, even if its like a once a year thing like Patchisou mentioned in his post.

It was refreshing to have a new name.

Nintendork15
September 7th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I would Change my name to 'Varion_Bluefire' since it's my more used online named and my own OC.

Not much I only used it once to add a 15 on the end of my name ¬.¬
Do you hope they return? In a way yes and no, because you'll have those annoying people who'll just be impatient and spam the thread or S-Mods
What was it about name changes that you enjoyed the most? Like I said I added only a '15' to my name and well, that's exciting[/sarcasm]

Exile
September 7th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I joined on my first account, like a month or so after Name Changes ended, but I'd still definitely love them back.

I'd probably change my name to either Antebellum or Makan, although I'd probably think of something else to change it to, a week after I would have gotten it changed.

Do you miss name changes now that they've been gone for so long? Well I never actually got to experience them while they were a t PC, but I guess I do miss them. x)

Do you hope they return? Yes, a million times yes.

What was it about name changes that you enjoyed the most? As I already said, I was never actually here for them, but the whole 'new identity' thing that others have said is the best part of name changes, as is actually making a whole post theme come together by having a username match the theme you're using.

Chikara
September 7th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Yes. I was probably the person who changed their name more times than anyone on the forum. Not even exaggerating.

Do you hope they return?
Yeeeeeeeah, but they probably won't aha.

Being able to mix things up. It was exciting to get a name change.

If they were brought back, I'd probably go back to Chikara.

Sora
September 7th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I'm probably one of those who really don't miss the name changes. While it was amusing to see others change their name every few months, I myself only used it once, and that was to make my name look well... silly? Now that I think about it I think it looked silly, haha. But if name changes did come back, I don't think I would be changing it any time soon. BinaryPeaches is my current online name, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. If anything, I would change my name to something lulzy like 'Twinkie in a Box', but then it'll probably be changed back to 'BinaryPeaches' like it well... should be.

Galukxy
September 7th, 2011, 10:00 AM
No.
Do you hope they return?
Nope, because I have no need to change my name. So, I wouldn't "hope" for them to return.
Probably being given the option just to change your name and get a nicer Username.

Axeliira
September 7th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I wasn't there when name changes existed. It would be awesome if it did, then I would have changed my name from Meganium90 to Anistorm, in which Anistorm is currently an alt account of mine and reserved it for future uses. But I sorta stuck with the Meganium90 name because most of PC call me Megan (short for Meganium) instead of my actual IRL name, ...so it'll be more confusing with Anistorm.

I'd like to see them back just so I can experience it myself. It would be amazing to see Anistorm in bold blue, or just Meganium.

Xyrin
September 7th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I would totally change my name. Well, that is if the staff would delete the Furret account which I doubt they would but I really want.

Not really. I never got into the changing your name whenever you could thing. I changed it once and kept it.
Do you hope they return?
Yes! If the server could handle it!
Not having to be stuck with the name legendarytamer...

Kevin
September 7th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I joined right when they were gonna stop name changes, so I can't really say I miss it.

Do you hope they return?
Yes, I would love for this feature to return.

Can't really answer, since I never had my username changed (I did switch my account but).

Raizhu
September 7th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Lol'd at thread title.
I haven't been here long enough.

Do you hope they return?
I think that would be a good idea as long as you couldn't change your username every day or something. I probably wouldn't change mine, but I'm sure others would.

Again, haven't been here long enough. But I'll pretend that I have. I'd say being able to change themes.

-Jared-
September 7th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I would probably switch over to Konato, if it wasn't taken or anything. XD I think I would much prefer it over Pikapal642, considering I only created the account in this name because i originally planned not to really use the account, so...>__>

I was never here for them, and i have never been a member of a forum that allowed them, so i have no experience with name changes. XD

Do you hope they return?

Eh, not if it would severely screw things up. If it could be employed with 0 detriments, then sure, it would be cool.

Patatas Fritas
September 7th, 2011, 11:05 PM
If I got the chance, I'd change my name to something like Grapes. or Cherí ♥ -- I dunno I have loads of names in mind xD Generally involving fruits.

Do you miss name changes now that they've been gone for so long?I wouldn't exactly say I miss them, but they were a nice feature to have.

Do you hope they return?
That'd be awesome, if the server could handle it I'm all for it.

The way how if you didn't like your username you could get a better one~

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 8th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Nope, because I joined after the name changes were banned. xDDD;

Do you hope they return?
I don't mind, but I'm happy with my username so..!

Again, haven't been here long enough. But I'll pretend that I have. I'd say being able to change themes.
^ That.

The Last One
September 8th, 2011, 01:46 PM
....i really wanna change my name >.>

well.. ive been here since 2008... just not on this account, and it was my 3rd or 4th long absense from poekecommunity, whe nI left they were here, but when I returned.. they had been removed.. .so Yes.. I miss them

Do you hope they return?
They should return for a week or so so I can change my name >.>

wcdaily
September 8th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Awesomefist, because on every other forum I am known by that. If not I would use Politis or Hunutille, because they are really cool names that I've came up with, and used in mmo's and rpgs.

Drew
September 8th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Like most people that I've noticed, I've gotten used to them being gone, and don't really miss them.
I'm a bit glad they're gone, because it takes away the temptation of changing my username all the time. > >;

Do you hope they return?
I wouldn't mind. It'd be neat if we could have such a typical feature back, since most vB forums can handle what should be a typical feature. xD; It was also neat to see the usernames that people came u with.

Think I just stated it.. I liked seeing the names that people thought up, since it was an expression (in a sense) for some people. Also, the one time that I did change mine, it was fun.
Edit: Oh, and Loki's post reminded me that matching Usernames with others was fun. XD Like when Zet and I were Break and Sharon (Pandora Hearts reference), and well.. okay, Kaori and I still sorta match anyway. Kaori is the name of May's Japanese VA.. so, Drew and May, n yeah. :p Though, it's not so obvious.

As for people mentioning what they'd change theirs to.. I'd probably regret switching it from Drew, but at the same time it would be nice to have a username that wasn't a human name. xD; So I'd likely change mine to EntwinedSilence, to match my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. I really like that username, even though it is a person's name in a sense.. just.. not. It would be if it were Japanese, but in English, I just think it sounds pretty.

edit: hurr we go..
http://i51.tinypic.com/2vw64g5.png

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 8th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I'd like to use the name Reven Yakekuso or Reven for short if that were to be possible right now.

But yeah name changes would be nice.

Loki
September 9th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I would probably not change my username. (I know, shocker.) But if I really felt like it, I'd change it to ponponra or taiwonton.

Surprisingly no. I'm used to Loki, most people know me as Loki, most people don't fail to inform me regularly that Loki is better than all my other usernames (thanks guys XD) and there's really no point in changing it. Soooo nope don't miss it.

Do you hope they return?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
I can't even stress my NO enough. XDDD SO sick of server crashes bro. That database error was the BANE of my existence.

I liked changing my name EVERY second I got the chance, and being able to have matching names with other people for temporary periods of time before switching back to a normal one. My favorite has to be when parallelzero was Soma Peries and I was Allelujah Haptism, because damn that was a freakin' boss combo. =`v=d