PDA

View Full Version : That jacket really brings out your eyes!

Ayselipera
August 11th, 2011, 07:29 PM
When shopping for items like clothing do you ever find yourself drawn to certain colors? When looking through your closet do you find a mass of clothes all the same color or shades of the same color? Do you intentionally buy all the same colored clothing or does it happen without notice?

If you don't have this problem what color do you think looks best on you and do you own much of this color in any of the clothing you wear?

Anders
August 11th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I like white or navy blue, in shirts anyway. I don't think there's a particular color that looks best on me, but a particular size, obviously. If I chose my clothes by size instead of just grabbing whatever I think will fit me when I hold it up against me then I think all my clothes would look equally good, but right now I have more white shirts that fit nicely.

Kyoko
August 11th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I always find myself gravitating towards neutrals: blacks, whites, greys, etc. I don't have any real reason, I just like those colors on me. Plus, I wear a lot of bright earrings and necklaces and bracelets, so it evens out. Sometimes I'll grab blues, though usually it's a sapphire type blue or red. I have a fair complextion with black hair, so these colors tend to work the best on me anyway :)

Shining Raichu
August 11th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I have a stack of black clothes. I have black jeans, black hoodies, black shoes, black socks, black shirts, the whole thing. I also have tons of red shirts. So more often than not in winter you'll find me in a black jacket with black pants and a red shirt lol

If you add to that the fact that my work uniform is black pants with a red shirt, and a black jacket in winter... I really need to find new colours.

Manila Luzon
August 11th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I have a lot of Black / Navy Blue clothes. x__x Considering I love bright colors; I'd have to say that's pretty boring. Although my shoes always bright red/yellow/green/purple. C: no i am no scene/emo w/e

Kelp
August 11th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I tend to wear a lot of bright colors. I have a lot of yellow and red clothes, along with the occasional white shirt. But sometimes I'll just wear my grey hoodie. I also have these awesome purple pants. x)

PlatinumDude
August 12th, 2011, 01:09 AM
I find myself being drawn to any color but yellow when I'm looking for clothes. Yellow just doesn't look good on me.

Oryx
August 12th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I bought a lot of black a long time ago and it sucks now cause I have a longhaired cat and it's covered every dark surface in fur, so obnoxious.

I never wear white though, things show through the shirt and then the collars get yellow and it's annoying.

zappyspiker
August 12th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Hoodies and T-Shirts... Just give that of any color and I shall be happy xD Hate clothes shopping though ...

Daydream
August 12th, 2011, 01:45 AM
I have a lot of white, grey and black clothes. Even my more brightly coloured clothes seem to have these colours in them somewhere too. I don't do it intentionally, I guess I just gravitate to the more neutral colours because they're easier to put in an outfit? I actually think the bright-coloured clothes I do own have been bought for me by other people.

Brb, I need new clothes.

Overlord Drakow
August 12th, 2011, 02:42 AM
I have a stack of black clothes. I have black jeans, black hoodies, black shoes, black socks, black shirts, the whole thing. I also have tons of red shirts. So more often than not in winter you'll find me in a black jacket with black pants and a red shirt lol

If you add to that the fact that my work uniform is black pants with a red shirt, and a black jacket in winter... I really need to find new colours.

You have embraced the Darkness well my son.

I tend to wear a lot of bright colors. I have a lot of yellow and red clothes, along with the occasional white shirt. But sometimes I'll just wear my grey hoodie. I also have these awesome purple pants. x)

YOU'RE DOIN IT WRONG! Needs moar black!

I bought a lot of black a long time ago and it sucks now cause I have a longhaired cat and it's covered every dark surface in fur, so obnoxious.

I never wear white though, things show through the shirt and then the collars get yellow and it's annoying.

You have embraced the Darkness well my child.

------------------------

As for myself, I'll let this video answer.

fhE2Rgw5934

Skip to about 2:50.

Freedom Fighter N
August 12th, 2011, 03:05 AM
I avoid certain colors, like pink and anything that is girly/gay.

Owl
August 12th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Black clothes. Be it a black polo, a black T or a black hoodie I'm just attracted to them. :x

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 12th, 2011, 06:32 AM
My wardrobe is flooded with white, black, grey and pink stuff. :D

Kevin
August 12th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Most of my clothes are dark shades or something and I usually wear jeans. I hate wearing bright colours, it's nothing like me.

Esper
August 12th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I have a lot of earth-tone and grey clothing, but they don't overwhelm my closet. I have a good range of colors, but they've gotten a little boring now since most of them are kinda dull. I wish I had more red. Red looks good with my complexion, but I can never find anything that's the right shade and looks good on me.

Cassino
August 12th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I quite like varied colours, plain or in tartan patterns. Most of my clothes are variously red, green, blue white and/or black; they're not bright, but not dismal.
When looking for clothes, I'm drawn mostly to red.

What color do you think looks best on you and do you own much of this color in any of the clothing you wear?
In objective terms, green and brown seem to look best on me, but I'm not very fond of the former.

Ink Heart
August 13th, 2011, 02:26 AM
I mostly have.. Black, White, Blue (shades of it), Pink (some..), and Yellow. :> I have some other colors as well, but those color shirts... Man I have so many. XD

I like colors that looks good with black. Like Pink. Or even dark Blue. Or even just white. Even Orange. I guess. xD

...I hate Red.

Gold warehouse
August 13th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I just tend to avoid bright colours, apart from white; and I don't like things that are just one solid colour because they bore me.

I don't intentionally go for one certain colour, or avoid it, but this thread made me notice that mostly everything is a different colour. I just have one purple shirt, and another shirt that's plaid with only a few thin purple stripes, and that's the most common colour there. Then there's various shades of black, white, red, yellow, blue and brown. I'd like to add some green.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 13th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Lots of blacks, beiges, dark blues, and dark greens in my closet. Less white than you'd expect, though... I'd rather wear understated colors rather than loud ones (although I do have a whole bunch of orange from back in my college days and all their free t-shirt giveaways :) )

Apotheosis
August 13th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I love beige clothes <3 for some weird reason xD Orange and pink also looks good on me, and so does brightly yellow, turquoise, light blue... um, pastel colors actually.

Though, I also have a lot of black/brown/gray/dark blue colors in my wardrobe since I tend to wear duller colors during the winter ^^' gotta match the season, at least a little.

God
August 13th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I'm mainly drawn towards blue and white, but sometimes purple and red as long as they aren't really bright shades of purple and red. I mainly go shopping for t-shirts though, and there's usually only blue and whit to choose from, so idk I just go with whatever I find.

Amaruuk
August 13th, 2011, 08:46 PM
[css-span="font-family: "Tahoma"; font-size: 11px; color: #4b373d;"]I love love love earth tones like brown or sage green as well as either white or black. I look really good in a deep, rich red, too. I tend to avoid super-bright primary colors, but a warm, sunny yellow is kinda nice. I have a lot of shirts in various blues leftover from younger years but I don't wear them as much because I now have an actual sense of what colors suit my complexion X3[/css-span]

King Gumball
August 13th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Umm I guess darker blue colours look better on me as well as lighter greens or grey. I am not drawn to certain colours and hate going clothes shopping anyway so... When i am older and can drive myself around I will go shopping more.

Liliana Vess
August 14th, 2011, 05:47 AM
In the summer i tend to wear a lot of Blues or Pinks because i've pretty much always looked good in those colours but in the winter i tend to wear more neutral colours like greys and blacks. No reason i've just always done that x]

Mew~
August 14th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I wear a lot of RED, it's my favourite colour. My wardrobe, is kind of colourful, I have a lot of black shoes though. D:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 14th, 2011, 01:51 PM
When shopping for items like clothing do you ever find yourself drawn to certain colors?
Yes I do actually

When looking through your closet do you find a mass of clothes all the same color or shades of the same color?
Yes mainly dull colors such as Dark Grey and Black

Do you intentionally buy all the same colored clothing or does it happen without notice?
I do this one purpose, I really do not like wearing bright happy colors as my friends say it

:t354:TG

Melody
August 14th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Blacks, Dark Blues, Greys and other muted or dark colors tend to be what I choose. I don't often wear bright colors and I really don't know or care why. I do have a few things in brighter colors though but those aren't as numerous...and it's difficult to find brighter colors in clothing I prefer.I'd shop for more exotic colors but they're rare.

Sammi
August 14th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Honestly I don't know what colors I wear most. I just buy whatever clothes I want that look nice. My clothes come in all sorts of colors.

If I had to guess blue (my jeans) and pink are probably what I have most. I do rather like pink, and it looks decent on me. Black is also a good standby but I think I have less black clothes. Not including my all-black work clothes. If we count those that's what I have the most of I bet, or at least wear the most. I never get to wear street clothes very often anymore. :(