PDA

View Full Version : Oh, pardon me mister.

Ayselipera
August 11th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Do you find yourself apologizing for every little thing or do you just brush of anything rude/offensive that you may say or do?

When you know you've done something hurtful to someone else do you apologize right away or at all?

Does apologizing come hard for you or is it second nature?

Do you have a certain respect for people who are apologetic or is it just something that you consider everyone should do/you don't care?

Lastly, do you often consider other peoples' apologies to you genuine or just used to patch up the situation quickly?

Alli
August 11th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Yes. I will apologize if I feel like I was unnecessarily rude for some reason. I have a bit of a temper and I start to say things I don't mean, and after I've calmed down and realized what I've done, I'll just apologize to that person over and over and I'll feel really, really terrible about it. Or if I do something without thinking and end up hurting someone/making them feel bad. I'll apologize and be so afraid that person hates me, haha.

However, I do have a bit of the "I'm always right" thing to me, so if I feel like I said something right and might have hurt someone in the process, I probably won't say sorry. Although the first part of this post kinda makes me seem like I apologize too much, it's really only when I know I messed up with something. If I think I'm right about something, you're probably not going to get an apology from me, and that's that.

If someone can admit their faults and apologize though, that's respectable in my book. I'm able to recognize it (most of the time) so if other people can't, then they need a reality check. As for genuine apologies, I have a way of telling if someone is genuine or not with it. I'm able to forgive easily though, so even if their apology doesn't seem genuine, I'll probably forgive them, depending on what they did. But I might be a little wary of them after that.

PlatinumDude
August 12th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Do you find yourself apologizing for every little thing or do you just brush of anything rude/offensive that you may say or do?: I find myself apologizing for every little thing.

When you know you've done something hurtful to someone else do you apologize right away or at all?: I apologize right away.

Does apologizing come hard for you or is it second nature?: It's second nature to me.

Do you have a certain respect for people who are apologetic or is it just something that you consider everyone should do/you don't care?: I think apology is something everyone should do since not everyone does it.

Lastly, do you often consider other peoples' apologies to you genuine or just used to patch up the situation quickly: It depends on the situation.

zappyspiker
August 12th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Do you find yourself apologizing for every little thing or do you just brush of anything rude/offensive that you may say or do?
I apologize a lot even if it isn't necessary. Even if it's small I still feel a teensy bit bad for not apologizing.

When you know you've done something hurtful to someone else do you apologize right away or at all? Right away, I say it to often though xD

Second Nature,I wouldn't be me without it.

Do you have a certain respect for people who are apologetic or is it just something that you consider everyone should do/you don't care?
It arranges the way I look at people, hard to explain what I mean though

Lastly, do you often consider other peoples' apologies to you genuine or just used to patch up the situation quickly?
Usually tell them it's ok or I don't mind... because majority of the time I don't

Owl
August 12th, 2011, 04:52 AM

Sadly, yes.

When you know you've done something hurtful to someone else do you apologize right away or at all?

Depends on what s/he did. If they didn't do anything and I just snapped on them, yes.

Second nature.

I think they're kind of annoying, but then again I do it too...

A patch up usually.

Kevin
August 12th, 2011, 07:09 AM
If it's something major or a big accident, I'd apologize.

Yes, right away.

Uh... It depends who it is honestly.

Don't care... Although everyone should apologize if they hurt someone.

Used to patch up the situation.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 15th, 2011, 07:02 AM
It depends on if I like the person, netrual with the person or can't stand the person

See answer number one, if I like or am neutral with the person then i will apologize but if I can't stand the person, then it is a no for them

Second in nature to people that i like or neutral with, hard for someone I can't stand because I would choke on it and not mean it

hmmm... I dont care

:t354:TG

shenanigans
August 15th, 2011, 08:42 AM

Yeah, I'll apologise if I did something which upset people without me wanting it to. Although if I said someone to someone which I think just need to be said, which I know upset them, I won't apologise for that. Sounds harsh but eh, it's true and imo necessary.

Well I never do something hurtful intentionally, unless it had to be done as I said before, but yeah I'll apologise for it as soon as I can if I'm going to apologise at all.

I honestly dislike people who can't accept that they did something wrong and will refuse to apologise for things. It's in my nature to do it in that way, I suppose. I certainly have no difficulty apologising for people since I strongly believe that nobody is perfect and really I can't see why you'd have trouble with apologising if you didn't think you were always right.

Eh, how apologetic for stuff someone is doesn't really factor into how much I respect them, although I'll lose some respect for someone if they were simply way out of line and didn't apologise for it even if they knew that they upset someone. But I don't dwell on that sort of thing very much at all, so I suppose I lean towards the "you don't care" end of this question.

It depends on the situation really. When I apologise I generally mean it. If I don't mean it I'll probably not bother apologising at all. But as for other people, yeah, it depends on the situation. I've noticed though that the longer after an incident the apology happens the more genuine it seems to be since the person doing the apologising has had more time to think over whether or not they want to apologise and all that.

Patatas Fritas
August 15th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I apologise very often, more than I need to, I always worry I've upset people or something so you'll notice me saying sorry all the time if I talk to you~

I apologise as soon as I realise, unless I wanted to hurt them.

Second nature.

I don't respect people for it, I think that we should all apologise when we do something wrong.

It depends on the person, I often think they're only apologising for the sake of apologising though.

Shining Raichu
August 15th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I apologise a lot, even for minor things. Even the smallest of things can blow up in my mind and I feel the need to take whoever it is aside and apologise and make absolutely sure that we're all good. I don't like it when it gets brushed under the rug because I'd hate to think someone was forced to just 'get over it' and then harbour some sort of mild annoyance toward me in the future. In that way it's second nature, almost like a reflex.

I try to see the best in people and give them the benefit of the doubt until they make it impossible to do so, so I like to assume that their apologies are genuine - though that said, sometimes it can be incredibly transparent.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 17th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Yes ;w;

I apologize right away because I don't like hurting others >n<;

Second nature

Everybody should apologize when they made a mistake so..!

Idk!

Mr Cat Dog
August 17th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I say 'sorry' ALL. THE FRIGGIN'. TIME! Even when someone else brushes into me, I'll always apologise to them. It's just a compulsion! I can't help myself!

In terms of other people's apologies, I guess I think people should apologise more. Although if everyone apologised as much as I did, the world would come to a standstill, so maybe you should just ignore me!

King Goodra
August 17th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I don't really find myself apologizing for every little thing. If I feel that I've hurt them by something I've done, I'll apologize to them and take ownership of my fault. But it depends what kind of mood I'm in to when I would apologize about something that I find that I've done hurtful to someone. If I'm in a bad mood, then I won't bother to apologize. Most of the time, that bad mood tends to subside rather quickly and when I'm in a better mood, I'll apologize to them. I find myself apologizing to someone after I get into a heated argument.

Speaking of heated arguments, I find that when I'm in a heated argument with someone, I'm not very good at getting points across. I stutter a lot and forget words that I plan out in my head, and it's just not a very intelligent moment for me. I respond a lot better to people when I'm in an argument when I'm calm and collected. Most of my dry humor and sarcasm and wit tend to help me out a lot when dealing with someone while in an argument with them.

Apologizing is something I think should be second nature to everyone. We have our faults, and apologizing is mostly a reminder and a recognition of those faults. I have respect for people who are apologetic under the right circumstances, and since I forgive very quickly and easily, there's usually no problem with me. I do get very annoyed with people when they continue to apologize after I've forgiven them. Since I'm a forgiving person, I find it rather insulting if someone doesn't believe me when I tell them that something is okay.

Unless they're just apologizing because someone made them or their tone in their voice is very off, I tend to forgive someone whether they're genuine or not. One of the cons to my very forgiving nature, you see.

poopnoodle
September 1st, 2011, 06:31 PM
i used to apologize a lot for silly things like brushing past someone in a hallway, to the point where i'd be apologizing to inanimate objects for running into them. since i've been working in an environment where everyone's running around everywhere and there's very little space and we're all running into each other, i've developed "look out, coming through!" habits, and i'm getting used to just working my way around people without excusing myself. these habits have sort of worked their way into my social life, i just don't see a need to apologize constantly for trivial things; in retrospect, i find that the roots of my old habits were inner insecurities, and that the word "sorry" loses its integrity when overused.

Avishka
September 2nd, 2011, 04:36 AM
yes
i apologize right away.
Second nature
I think that we should all apologise when we do something wrong.
It depends on the situation