PDA

View Full Version : What's your nickname?

Alice
August 12th, 2011, 12:26 AM
What's your nickname, and how did you get it? Do you like it/want people to call you by it?

My nick name is Sprite. It pretty much just came from me using the name Lemony Lime online all the time... pretty boring lol.

Sodom
August 12th, 2011, 12:41 AM
My aunty gave me the nick name "Boozie" (the oo sounding as it does in "book", not "booze", so it has no alcoholic connotations) when I was a baby and ever since my mother has called me "Boozie Boy."

I don't mind it, I'm used to it now. I do wish she wouldn't say it in front of other people though.

PlatinumDude
August 12th, 2011, 01:17 AM
My nickname is "Matt" (a shortening of my real name). I was also called "Mr. Magoo" a few times in my childhood.

zappyspiker
August 12th, 2011, 01:24 AM
If this was online nicknames, I'd be Zappy and Tripp. Zappy short for zappyspiker and Tripp was a name one of my online friends gave me.

Somehow it's gotten to real life too, some of my RL friends call me Tripp and some call me Nina which is short for my full name

mameshiba
August 12th, 2011, 04:31 AM
mine is minibri. because there was was a bigger bri, so i became minibri

Venusaur♣
August 12th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Nick. Because I told people to stop calling Nature, they started calling me Nick. And it's a pretty cool name, well at least nickname for me.

miju-kun
August 12th, 2011, 05:05 AM
When I was young my relatives call me Shonen lol.

Overlord Drakow
August 12th, 2011, 05:43 AM
What is your nickname? The Overlord.

How did you get it? Because of the way I dress, my demeanor, the way I interact with people and the fact that a lot of people who know me, agree that I have qualities which make me suited to be an Overlord.

Do you like it/want people to call you by it? Hell yeah.

Hybrid Trainer
August 12th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Well online i've picked the name James because i like that name better than my real name and my close friends call me Davie because its cuter than my actual name \o/

As for irl my family calls me Day Day because when i was younger i couldn't say my full name properly and thats what my first name turned into when i tried to say it.
I hate it D: they always make sure they call me it in front of people I'm trying to make a good impression on >.<

Kevin
August 12th, 2011, 07:01 AM
I don't have a nickname (it's not like you could make one out of Kevin anyway).

metalheadtomboy
August 12th, 2011, 09:25 AM
My brothers and cousins call me baby because I'm the youngest of all of them. And one of my brothers call me motoe.

Ayselipera
August 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Malzies, Mal, Mall, Mal-Mal, Mowie, Mallaurie, Malz, and Mallokee. People always just recreate my name into a nickname. I'm not completely sure why seeing as I'm never like, "Oh hey my name's Mallory, but you can call me ___!"

I don't mind though and I'm not sure where they all came from. One person would just start saying one of them and then it would end up catching on with everyone I know.

Kelp
August 12th, 2011, 12:34 PM
My name's Kelsey, so people just call me Kels. I don't really care though, only a couple of people call me that. One kid though in elementary school called me KK, which was kinda weird. x)

Kyoko
August 12th, 2011, 12:46 PM
My name's Kelsey, so people just call me Kels. I don't really care though, only a couple of people call me that. One kid though in elementary school called me KK, which was kinda weird. x)

Yeah, not too much can be made out of Kelsey :) I had two people call me Katie in middle school and high school. One person even called me Nicole because "I looked like one" ha.

My name being Kelsey doesn't really give people room to be creative. My closest friends call me Kels, some people call me Kelz, Kel-c, or even just plain Kel.

online I guess Kyoko is my only nickname, and it's not even a real nickname :| just my username.

I like being called Kels though :)

SV
August 12th, 2011, 04:11 PM
My nickname in RL is Marc. It's not my name, but I play basketball, and all my teammates say I look like this NBA player named Marc Gasol.

I just go with it, I don't mind. :)

Hiche..
August 12th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Hiche is my nickname for a completely ludicrous reason.

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
August 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM
My family calls me Harold, I don't really remember why but it's a cool name and I like it.

Sometimes at school I'm referred to as the Nerd Queen... Cause I get really good grades, and I dress like a nerd. xD Yes, I like it. It's a pretty awesome nickname.

groteske
August 12th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Cricket and Richmond. Cricket was a family nickname growing up (think that's bad, they still call my older sister "Goose"). Richmond came a few years ago during a trip to Richmond, VA where I attained - or, rather, stumbled into - an epic level of inebriation with some friends.

It used to bother me when my family called me Cricket in public, but now I don't mind anymore. It's endearing.

Cilan
August 12th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Anna is the name everyone knows me as, given to me by myself as a substitute for Savannah because I don't particularly like it. My IRL friends & family tend to just shorten that to Sav. I don't really care much about that one, I guess. I definitely prefer Anna though.

whoa I should really pay attention to what account I'm using. xD;

Galukxy
August 12th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Online Nickname (s): I get called Gal most of the time online, instead of my full username. I also sometimes get called Galux because of my username being related to an anime character.

Offline Nicknames: I always get called "Smoochum" by my Dad because well... waaayy back years ago, I use to get called it at school by my friends, so he's taking advantage of it. I also have my first name as a Nickname in a way too.

I find it bloody annoying when he calls me that though :<

Ink Heart
August 13th, 2011, 01:19 AM
My nickname?

Both RL and Online, they call me Jira.. I guess. It's been my nickname since... I thought about it for no use. And no, it had absolutely nothing to do with Jirachi. Promise. They call me Inku coz.. it's the japanese word of Ink.. And Inky... because they just want to. Haha. I'm fine with those names.

RL only? Well.. Jake (sometimes, only with a certain person).. And this ONE guy that I'm annoyed.. calls me.. Ly. *growls* I end up chasing him EVERY SINGLE TIME...

That's all. :>

Talli
August 13th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Curtis Talli the pirate squirrel no forget that it's actually Cookie monster as I eat alot of cookies

Sammi
August 13th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Usually it's just Sam irl and Sammi on the 'net. How boring, right? :p They're both very common nicknames for Samantha, so yeah.

My roommate has a different nickname for me on occasion, but I can't actually say it because it involves a word on PC's censor list. ._.; It's seriously the only nickname that doesn't involve my full name I've had in a long time, if ever.

Vintage Arachnid
August 13th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Most of mine are embarrassing because my friends looooove saying them. I'm not going to repeat them for sake of limiting the people who call me them. Which is why I tend to cover my face when we go in public.

I just go by Retro here. Nothing too fancy.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 14th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I am glad that I abolished the nick name "Tifah" out of my life and if anyone called me that again, I'll kill them. but my nickname is Lati which is short for Latifah

:t354:TG

Jarred0809
August 14th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Jarred (my real name), Aracil, Jehr, that weird guy, troll, L (from Deathnote), and a few more.

deoxys121
August 14th, 2011, 06:34 PM
My nickname is "Josh" the shortening of my real name "Joshua."

Chikara
August 14th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Risa :D
My real name's Teresa, but only some friends and my parents still call me that.

I have a few other ones too that derive off of Risa like Rasa, Risan, and Ricchan. Only people from LJ call me those names though.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 17th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I have so many nicknames ._. Most of my friends call me Touko, Kelsey or Kels. My best friend calls me 'twin' because we were born on the same day, in the same hospital. XD Some of my classmates call Calculator -w- My little sister calls me Nyan cat (don't ask me why), cookie monster (don't ask me why either) and Toto (Idk, I guess it's short for Touko...? o.o). My older sisters call me beast because I always injure ppl. :D My Chemistry teacher calls me Calcium because Kelsey (my real name) sounds a biiitt like Calcium XD. My new neighbor calls me Luna because she's Spanish and Luna means Moon in Spanish and Luna is my middle name xD My Maths teacher calls me Lunatic because he thinks that I'm lunatic. >w<;

Mr Cat Dog
August 17th, 2011, 07:02 AM
My nickname is JStor. Essentially, it's an abbreviation of my name in real life, as well as an online journal archive... so most of my friends at uni were well acquainted with it. It's a simple enough nickname without derogatory meaning, so I like it.

Mew~
August 17th, 2011, 09:29 AM
I have many. Neo, Rocky, Damian, heartbeat. The list goes on. My friends like calling Rocky for some reason, never watched that movie though. xD

Captain Hobo.
August 19th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Well, my name is Cory so my friends call me "Koolade".

Blue Nocturne
August 19th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Erm... On the internet, people often shorten my username to Noct. I quite like it, It doesn't sound right when I say it, but it looks quite nice to me typed.

In real life, quite a few people have nicknames for me, some change frequently, some stick:

Jesse: My boyfriend started calling me this about 5 weeks ago, because I remind him of someone on Dirty Sexy Things. I've been meaning to look him up to see if he's being cruel or kind to me.

Noct: spill over from the internet.

Alice: Both a reference to a character in my novel and my VERY feminine nature.

Dakota
August 19th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Dipu. It's the nickname I've had since I was born, and honestly, the name I prefer to be called.