PDA

View Full Version : Make A Wish

Esper
August 12th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Everybody make a wish as soon as you see this sentence. Good, now:

What prompts you to make wishes? A certain event or moment, or is it spontaneous for you? How do you make them, how seriously do you wish for them, and do you keep them secret?

Feel free to share the wish you made. :D

Ayselipera
August 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I think it's rather spontaneous for me. I mean I don't go out of my way to make wishes. I usually only do when it's one of those things that you're supposed to make a wish while doing. Like throwing a coin into a fountain or breaking a wishbone with someone. Maybe that would count as an event then?

The funny thing is I always make sure when I do make a wish during those events that it's something I really want to happen. So I suppose I do take it seriously to some extent. Also I always keep my wishes a secret so I won't be sharing mine!

Kinarii
August 12th, 2011, 01:31 PM
[css-span="font-family: "Tahoma"; font-size: 11px; color: #4b373d;"]If I catch the clock at 11:11 I make as many wishes in my head as I can until 11:12. Most of them are related to the same quest, but I'll also treat wishes like prayers if someone I know is having a rough time or something like that.

Wishing for me is kind of like a mantra to reinvigorate my drive to succeed in my quests. I feel its effectiveness is due to attitude more than luck in the superstitious sense. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. When I wish I'm mentally preparing myself in a way.[/css-span]

PlatinumDude
August 12th, 2011, 03:10 PM
What prompts you to make wishes? A certain event or moment, or is it spontaneous for you?: Birthdays and special events.

How do you make them, how seriously do you wish for them, and do you keep them secret?: I make them by saying them to myself again and again. I keep them a secret.