PDA

View Full Version : 'Dad, father, daddy, daddo, papa.' 'YES?!' 'Hi!'

Owl
August 12th, 2011, 11:51 AM
lame title is lame, i know.

Anyways, do you pester your parents whenever you want something? For example, whenever I want to buy something online, I send my dad an email seeing if he responds. Do you do something similar? How often? How do your parents react?

Weeaboo Name
August 12th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Should I have grown out of that by now? nah...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PwjMpQ3IKrE/S4JvtfPU-pI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eplS-T0gAhI/s400/2u7lgcj.png

Kevin
August 12th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Uh... Sometimes. But I really shouldn't, though.

PlatinumDude
August 12th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I don't nag my parents for anything because I'm afraid they'll get mad at me.

Ascaris
August 12th, 2011, 03:15 PM
i just lay it out to them reasonably

Cherrim
August 12th, 2011, 05:05 PM
No. :/ If it's something I don't really want to pay for, or at least don't want to pay entirely for by myself, I'll mention my intentions to get something and see what they think. But otherwise, I have my own income during the summers and since I can pay for whatever I want with my own money or credit card, I don't need to ask permission and I get a big nice NO whenever I ask for frivolous things. XD;

Though I did have to do this for my tuition just now. Leaned back in my chair and yelled into the kitchen, "DAD, I NEED TO PAY MY TUITION FOR THE TERM". Since I can't afford it myself and don't qualify for student loans because of my dad and mom's combined income, he goes, "Do you have enough in your bank account for it?" "Nope!" "When is it due?" and the yelled conversation ended with me writing down the amount and sticky-noting it to his laptop. :P But that's the extent of it.

Ink Heart
August 13th, 2011, 02:01 AM
"Maa.." "What?" "Supporter!!" "What??" "*points to a certain website*" "Ahhh... Pokemon again... Maybe." "But I'm already doing good (slightly) in Geometry!" "Maybe."

- Real Conversation. XD

Anyways, yeah.. I ask. For a LOT. Mostly in real life though. I still remember me asking for a VideoCam and wow she did buy me one.. Oh, and some other toys and stuff. Haha.

It's different in purchasing stuff online tho. Like that one conversation. There was a time when I wanted that certain membership, I had to wait until my birthday, AND I had to get an honor. I won with three reasons. a) It's almost Christmas. b) It's almost my birthday. c) I got an honor. Haha. xD Mostly in online stuff.. I have to do something in return.

vaporeon7
August 13th, 2011, 02:09 AM
I don't even try with my mum, as she is cheap. And I have inherited some of that cheapness and don't ask for my parents to buy me things. I plan to have a large inheritance. I could ask my dad, but then I have to have a conversation, and it's not worth it.

Freedom Fighter N
August 13th, 2011, 03:19 AM
I have all I need and further; I rarely ever ask for something, in fact I still didn't think of a birthday present, and my birthday was almost half a year ago.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 13th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I used to... then I started realizing that it wasn't working and it would only get me yelled at, so I stopped doing it... except via phone while away at college, then I'd have the option of hanging up if my plan to get some extra cash started to go south :P

Harley Quinn
August 13th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Anyways, do you pester your parents whenever you want something?
No. Even if I did, my parents would never agree to it anyway. I have enough money to get what I want for the meanwhile, though I may have to do a little bit of pestering if I can't qualify for a student loan to pay for university.

Sammi
August 13th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I don't pester them for anything anymore since I don't live with them. I'm a grown woman now and can take care of myself. Besides, even if I desperately needed money I wouldn't bother them, because they're still not back on their feet financially iirc. They couldn't give me anything even if they wanted to. That and they kind of took loans out for me when I went to college still. If anything I owe them. A lot. -_-;

When I was living at home, I did very, very rarely. Basically the only time I asked them for anything was when I wanted to order something online. I couldn't since I didn't have a bank account. I'd just give them the money and they'd buy it for me. Never asked them for extra money or anything, because I got allowance and that was enough for me.

Alinthea
August 13th, 2011, 05:21 PM
No, because I am not 8 anymore.
I hate seeing teenagers pestering their parents to get them something or to let them do something. I just feel that they are being ungrateful, spoilt kids! =[

Alli
August 13th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Too afraid to ask my parents for much. I hate asking people for things, cause it makes me feel rude and demanding. Like, I'll make a birthday list, but I don't like it to be read while I'm around. XD But nah, I don't pester them for stuff. I do like to say "hi mom!" a lot and she assumes I want something. :(

Classical Insect
August 13th, 2011, 05:27 PM
My mom can usually tell when I want something and asks me what I want.

Though it depends on what it is she usually says yes. I do offer to pay for my stuff but my mom declines sooo there's nothing I can do there.

King Gumball
August 13th, 2011, 05:59 PM
When I want to go somewhere, usually I tell them last minute so they have to say yes. Other times it will be "but everyone else has one/is going" etc. And I like to nag, even though I don't usually get any results [s]i want a really expensive phone D:<

shenanigans
August 14th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Nope. I've always believed, and been taught, that if I want something I should get it myself. If I'd ever have pestered my parents I'd have been told just that. I think it's way more rewarding to get it myself anyway. I even got a job pretty early in life so that I could have the stuff I want.

I also hate the idea of being spoiled (not saying that everyone who asks their parents for stuff is) and if I just get something I ask for given to me right then and there, I will almost definitely feel awful about it. I sometimes take this a little too far tho and refuse to take anything from anyone lol.

Captain Hobo.
August 14th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Yes, I always pester my parents if I want something. It works every once in a while, but I should really stop doing it.

Kaori
August 15th, 2011, 09:23 AM
"Oh dear father, I love you sososo much." "What do you want?" :(

My parents are the type of people who will get something for family when there is money for it. They always do get whatever it is I want or my brother wants eventually and in time though. We don't ask for things very often and we're very good children who listen to them so... 8D

"In time" and "eventually" can turn about to be in months though, we're definitely not rich and it's only natural that they'd forget and whatnot.

Mew~
August 15th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Not much anymore. But if I do need something I'll just find a way to get some money. :>
Before it was "You look nice today mum", "Oh thanks honey", "Oh, is it okay if you could give me £20?" xDDD;

Ursula
August 15th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I used to whine to get what I wanted. ..And I kinda did get what I wanted. I wasn't spoiled per say, but..yeah. Such is not the case now, of course. XD;

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Anyways, do you pester your parents whenever you want something?
Yes all the time

How do your parents react?
They complain. I ask my mom for a netbook which cost $218.00, shes buying it for me but I have to pay her back this Friday

:t354:TG

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 17th, 2011, 05:39 AM
One of the only things I like about my mom is that she buys me (almost) anything that are inexpensive ^_^

Mr Cat Dog
August 17th, 2011, 07:38 AM
For the most part I tend to be relatively self-sufficient when it comes to financial stuff. On the rare occasions where I do need parental support, they're normally all-too-willing to help out. I blame empty nest syndrome.

Saryka
August 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I ~guess~ I shouldn't, but I do. More often than I should. For the most part, I do have enough money to buy what I want, but it still doesn't hurt to ask every now and then anyway, haha (even though most times, it's a no). When it comes to getting a ride to places (like the mall, a friend's house, etc.), I don't have a driver's license, so I do pester my parents a lot for rides.

Honest
August 19th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Nah, I don't nag them, I ask once, and if the say no, it's the end of it. Sometimes, though, I might bring up the situation again to see if they change their minds.

Awesome.
August 28th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Do you pester your parents whenever you want something?
I don't do much anymore but when I did it was usually a "no". Now the only time I ask my mom for something is when I get my paycheck and even then all I ask for is a ride to the store to buy something within a reasonable amount (although I did just get this laptop :P. Also can't drive yet). Either that or I tell her I'll pay her back which I usually do when I get payed.

Seki
August 28th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I used to, but now, I don't really buy anything ever since I turned 12. And my mom is begging me to buy some new clothes/new spectacles at the moment.

Bluerang1
August 28th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I do. I deserve it. They don't listen. It's frustrating.