PDA

View Full Version : Do you edit your posts a lot?

Anders
August 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I don't do it that much, but when I do I can stay editing the post for a good ten minutes tweaking and adding things to it for the sake of an argument or so on.

Kelp
August 12th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I do, especially if I make a grammatical error; I like to keep my posts neat. x)

QuilavaKing
August 12th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Well, I generally re-read my posts like 3 or 4 times before actually posting them, so I rarely do have to actually edit, but if I find something to change after the fact, I'll always fix it.

Kevin
August 12th, 2011, 01:39 PM
After I post it? No, but before I post it there's probably some typos so I edit that before clicking Submit.

Anders
August 12th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I never proof read before I post, after typing up a bigger than usual post I'm MENTALLY EXHAUSTED so I just submit it before I somehow manage to accidentally delete it.

Blue Nocturne
August 12th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Frequently. Often to add a bit more detail on something I feel I left a little vague or to correct a grammar or spelling mistake that got past me.

Mariah Carey
August 12th, 2011, 01:57 PM
It never occurs to me to proofread the post beforehand, so usually when I'm sitting there proudly after making what I think was a good post, I notice that I've missed out a crucial word or made a grammatical mistake, so I try to edit it.
But it's too late.
The world saw it.
It's too late.

Vintage Arachnid
August 12th, 2011, 02:16 PM
No. I usually don't read my posts even after I posted them.

Ascaris
August 12th, 2011, 02:24 PM
i do quite a fair bit, yes

Oryx
August 12th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I edit if I see a typo or someone ninja'd me and I'd like to reply to them as well. I never edit to add more information that I didn't think of before though.

Denny Hamlin
August 12th, 2011, 02:50 PM
It's a frequent thing for me. I write a post, I post the reply, and I reread it to see if I'm sure if that's what I wanted to say. if I find a typo or something that I should have not said, then I just click on the edit button and edit. xD

Anders
August 12th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I never edit to add more information that I didn't think of before though.

Because you think it's wrong or because you just never think to or have any to add? I do it all the time. I'm always scrambling to add it because I'm afraid somebody will respond or see it before I add it lol.

Exile
August 12th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I almost always edit my posts, for various reasons, mainly grammatical or spelling mistakes, adding or removing content that would make my post better/worse, or to remake it entirely if I realized the point I was making was awful, or I misread the original post.

PlatinumDude
August 12th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I edit in things only if I left something out. Nowadays, I don't think I edit as often as I used to.

Hiche..
August 12th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I tend to proofread my posts a couple of times before actually posting them, so no not a lot -- however, there are times when the auto-spelling check thing does not work on my browser and I write a word wrong, so I have to edit.

Cherrim
August 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I used to think my posts out so well that I'd never have to edit them. Nowadays, I almost constantly find myself hitting the edit button at least once. It's like I always think of something important or witty to add (or find something worded badly) just as I hit Post Quick Reply so then I have to scramble to edit right away. :/

King Gumball
August 12th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I can't be bothered editing most of my posts anymore, but I used to edit them all the time. I often forget pressing the disable smilie button, and want to keep changing my posts however.

I just edited my post btw because i spelled 'changing wrong XD

Sammi
August 13th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Most of the time, surprisingly not. You think I'd edit more because I write my posts pretty quickly. Then I remember it's OVP and posting is easy. And then I cry a little on the inside for not posting anywhere else. ;____; But OVP!

Only times I really edit are if I notice a typo, if I remember something somewhat important, or if for some reason I post without actually finishing what I was saying. It happens sometimes.

Cassino
August 13th, 2011, 08:52 PM
As any good regular here may know, I edit my posts incessantly. The reasons have been many over time, but not malicious.

Mew~
August 14th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Yeah, for various reason really, maybe I did a typo or wrote something wrong. xD

Sodom
August 14th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Yeah, I do it all the time. I probably average around 10 edits per post. Sometimes I can even come back and read an old post days later and edit it again. It's a sickness, really.

Ryoutarou
August 14th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Not so much these days since I've gotten myself into the habit of proofreading my posts just in case something reads a little funny. . . . though it does bug me quite a bit when something odd gets through. I tend to get paranoid over little mistakes and make a mad dash to edit the post before anyone can see.

Galukxy
August 14th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Sometimes, but only when I make a spelling mistake or if I want to add more input to the post.

Naruto Uzumaki
August 14th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Sometimes if I'm trying to make a point clear, or if I'm too lazy to post again. :s

Talli
August 14th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Too lazy to edit post and spell check posts

Alinthea
August 14th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I do, especially if I make a grammatical error; I like to keep my posts neat. x)

This really, but I normally preview a post before I actually post it so I won't have to edit it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 14th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I'm usually too lazy to edit any of my Post but if I know that I wrote something that the grammar is so bad or wrote the incorrect information, then of course I will edit my post. The probably happens to me once a month.

:t354:TG

shenanigans
August 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I'm never honestly happy with the posts I make so even though I read through them while I'm replying to threads, I'm still editing them for a little while afterwards unless I really can't be bothered, in which case the post will have been pretty short and generally awful anyway.

I normally have reasonably good grammar in posts but it's just the order of writing which I have trouble with; I'm always trying to decide which parts of the post should go where and I can mentally switch it around several times before making an edit. At which point, I often decide that I still don't like it and edit it back or even delete the post altogether!

Melody
August 14th, 2011, 02:18 PM
As any good regular here may know, I edit my posts incessantly. The reasons have been many over time, but not malicious.

This. I edit mine a LOT. Mostly because I usually just type what I want to and then read it over once...if I'm in a hurry, which usually I am it makes for some very annoying mistakes and/or typos. So when I finally read my own post after it's made, I go back and I correct what I must correct. It's kind of an anti-ninja measure mostly...Post now, proofread and fix after ya know.

Captain Hobo.
August 14th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I usually will leave the mistake and say "They'll know what I mean" XD

But, every once in a while I will edit them.

Chikara
August 14th, 2011, 05:42 PM
....Almost every time I post. I notice typos I didn't catch after I posted something, and sometimes think of something else to say to make my post more worthwhile.

Otter Mii-kun
August 14th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I end up editing most of the posts I make, usually to fix spelling/grammar errors and to clarify certain details. There are a variety of other reasons also that I can't really explain here. Sometimes I end up editing the same post several times over.

2Cool4Mewtwo
August 14th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I usually proofread before I post, but I do have to read over again after I post because I feel "insecure."

Last edited by Meganium90; August 12th, 2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: I'm a ninja. you didn't see anything. :D:bandit:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 16th, 2011, 05:39 AM
If I spot a typo I'll hit edit immediately. This seems to happen to me more often that I'd like to admit, but I'd rather not leave an embarrassing typo in my posts.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 17th, 2011, 05:32 AM
I rarely edit my posts after I post them because I'm too lazy 8D

LightOfTruth
August 17th, 2011, 08:20 AM
The edit button is useful if you do something wrong or want to add something but no-one posted below you :)

Forever
August 19th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I always edit my posts, but the reasons usually depends.

For example, if I'm posting in a CQ&F thread, unless it's a sticky, I always edit afterwards for some reason to clarify, or explain more since I don't like being beaten, therefore, I only add in the most important information immediately then go into detail within the next 5 minutes before the "you last edited" thing appears. If I'm locking a thread I'll edit in to add in the HerdierLock, since I usually don't have its url on hand when I'm locking (again within the five minutes). If I'm posting in general, I'll read over to make sure it makes sense and edit a few words (except for in trivia threads).

And finally if I'm creating a thread I'll edit it like 10 times within those 5 minutes because I'm obsessed with the formatting looking neat or something.

Betting I won't edit this post, though.

Maple Leaf
August 19th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Yes, I almost always edit my posts. I hate typos so much. ;;

Dakota
August 19th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Nope, I just type, click post, and move along. =D

Mr Cat Dog
August 22nd, 2011, 12:21 PM
Not really. I tend to want to move on to other posts very quickly, so even if I make loads of mistakes in my posts, unless they're particularly egregious, I'll probably just leave them in.

Modding stuff, though, I'm careful to get right the first time. Normally that means proofing rather than editing... but I certainly put more effort into locking/moving a thread than non-mod stuff such as my daily OVP binge.